Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch Plans
65. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 00:37 Ventura

There is actually a DL + Collector's Edition Box option there besides just digital download. This allows you to download it right away and the CE Box with all the goodies will show up in the mail.

Yeah that's what I went with, and it's perfect for being able to get best of both worlds. You get download (and play now), AND you get a box sent out to you. It's like win/win.

I'll get the box well before it shows up in stores out here in Australia too. For some reason, it won't hit until 18th April. No way I was going to wait that long.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 00:38.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

61. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2008, 21:33 Ventura

Wow, how does talk about an RTS turn into talk about prices and quality of strippers?

I honestly would like to know.

It was my fault; I said SoaSE was the best $60 I've ever spent.

Truth be told I've only been at a club once, but that one time, I must've spent in excess of about $200 (Aussie). It was a mate's bucks night, and myself and two more of his mates all paid a bit extra for a private screening. Ooh yeah, baby.

SoaSE is still the best $60 I've ever spent though

15. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 16:01 Ventura

How can so much awesome be found in just one company?

Probably because there's so little awesome to be found in most other companies. It's easy to shine when you're the only bright star in the game development sky

Buying this game was a no-brainer. Easiest $60 I've ever spent.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire
78. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2008, 03:45 Ventura

Just wanna add here that I fucking love Stardock. Not just for their games, but also their customer service.

The whole Stardock Central thing really works, and I love how you can buy the box, but still download now and get playing while they'll mail out the dvd. Great thing is too, if I ever lose my GalCiv2 cds, I can just have it reinstall that game for me, expansions and all.

SoaSE is totally worth buying. Finally, I've got something for those evenings after work when I'm just a bit too tired to drum on Rock Band

News Comments > 10 Million WoW Clients Need Patching
10. Re: 10 Million X $15 per month Jan 22, 2008, 16:10 Ventura

10 million people is a fuckload of servers & support.

Ok so 10 million x $15 equals about $150 million every month.

Somehow, I think they can afford it. Easily.

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 16:11.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Guitar Standoff Comes Down to Money Dec 21, 2007, 02:25 Ventura

This would've been a great Christmas present from Activision. The ability to use the controllers we've already paid for in another game, so I can fill out a four-person band on Christmas day instead of having to settle for three.

They could've done it for the fans, rather than try to get money out of Harmonix for a patch that they didn't have to work to provide whatsoever. Their goodwill would've guaranteed a Guitar Hero 4 purchase from me down the track.

But no. It was too much to fucking ask. I am never buying an Activision product again. Ever. Bunch of cunts, the lot of em.

News Comments > id Software Community Game Day
2. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2007, 07:35 Ventura

Wow, we could a chance of facing off against id software themselves??!

Heh, 10 years ago that might've meant something. Couldn't give a rat's ass now though. Oh how the times have changed.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Rock Band Dec 13, 2007, 02:17 Ventura

I am fucking ropeable, seriously.

I bought Guitar Hero 2 on the PS2, then Guitar Hero 1, then GH2 again on the 360, then GH3 on the Wii. I'd take it all back if I'd known what Activision were going to do. Wankers.

Boycotting Activision games is gonna be the easy part. Boycotting Blizzard games, is the part that's really gonna sting.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Soldier of Fortune: Payback
21. bah Nov 14, 2007, 17:05 Ventura

The game also offers individual and team based online modes including: Death Match, Team Death Match, Elimination, Team Elimination, Capture the Flag and Demolition

Not a hint of coop then.

Oh, we've put so much into the single player campaign, it's not funny. The story behind this uber action experience could be ripped from today's headlines, that's how epic it is. But you want multiplayer, we've got deathmatch, team deathmatch, ctf... yadda yadda yadda.

One of these days, I'd like to be able to share the awesome single player campaign with a mate. Or is that gonna take next-next-gen hardware to pull off??

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
18. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2007, 04:34 Ventura

Well it's not GH per-se, but Frets on Fire is a clone

I'm well aware of the existence of Frets on Fire mate, but having played a fair bit of Guitar Hero in my time, I just don't find it a competent clone in my opinion.

15. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2007, 21:53 Ventura

GH is one of those games that has absolutely no benefit playing on the PC

Unless of course the modding scene takes off for this game something chronic, in which case the pc would end up being the definitive version to own.

Absolutely anything the consoles can do, the pc can do better. You heard it here first.

Game for fags

How about: South Park is a show for fags.

Guitar Hero is a revolution because it's all about how you interact with the game. You're not sitting down at the sofa pressing buttons on a gamepad, you're rocking with a guitar modelled to look like a real one.

Anyone who thinks it sucks either hasn't played it, which means they don't really have any right to comment, or they suck at it and that's the game's fault.

9. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2007, 15:34 Ventura

I don't know about anyone else, but when faced with being able to pick up a game - any game - on any of the consoles or the pc... I'll get the pc version every time.

Just thought I'd throw that one in there. Lovely to at last see a version of Guitar Hero out there for folks like us.

News Comments > Empire Earth III Patch
6. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2007, 16:28 Ventura

In it's defence, the finished retail game is far better than the demo was... apparently. That's going on the sort of talking being done over at the official forum. I had to check because I'm an RTS junkie, and I spent a lot of time with the first EE.

Of course, sending out a crappy demo is suicide, and they've only got themselves to blame.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Gears of War
31. Re: No subject Nov 7, 2007, 04:29 Ventura

Not to mention they didn't cut out the rarely seen COOP play that makes the game so fun. Why don't you guys give it a break and stop being so fuckin' negative all the time.

You said it yourself - rarely seen coop play. PC gamers have had watered down, crap ports of old console shooters for a while now. The only reason you mentioned coop specificially is because it's such a surprise it got left in this time.

I don't know, maybe GoW is a good port. Maybe it's got more content, and maybe it's well polished. But what with titles like Crysis due soon, I think most pc gamers could be forgiven for looking the other way.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
9. Re: SupCom... Nov 7, 2007, 02:00 Ventura

I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

What with having actually purchased the original I was really disappointed they went with a standalone sequel so soon. It's only been like 8 months or something.

Sorry Chris, but there are a lot of other good games coming out. Frankly, this doesn't stand a chance.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty 4
18. Re: ... Nov 6, 2007, 16:04 Ventura

No coop sealed it's fate for me also. I'd have likely purchased this otherwise.

Why put so much work into the single player experience and not include being able to share it with friends? It would only enhance the experience.

News Comments > Spore in Six Months
15. Re: ... Oct 25, 2007, 00:55 Ventura

I don't want it to be some thing just hardcore gamers play

What are we supposed to play, then? I just reactivated my Everquest 1 account, for crying out loud.

And hell, it even looks like that's been dumbed down a little.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Saga Announced
12. Re: Hmm Oct 2, 2007, 18:56 Ventura

I never really see the point in these compilation packs. I mean, anyone who is into C&C probably has most of the previous games anyway

Kinda like the way it's so frustrating buying dvd compilations these days. Anyone who's already a fan will already have one or two of the seasons/titles, essentially making the whole pack rather bad value.

And then there's that annoying habit of them throwing in goodies with the compilation that you only get when you buy the whole thing. All they really end up doing is shafting their biggest fans.

Ahem, anyway. Enuff from me.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Settlers: Rise of an Empire
3. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2007, 00:43 Ventura

The demo was very fun. Really looking forward to get full version

So this one actually doesn't suck then?

I've wanted the settlers franchise to return to it's former glory, but it hasn't exactly gone from strength to strength of late.

News Comments > StarCraft II Movie
22. Re: ... Sep 17, 2007, 00:55 Ventura

Supreme Commander innovated the sense of scale in rts that you really did not have before

Except for maybe Total Annihilation.

The two are very different types of RTS's, neither is necessarily better than the other because of it. It's all down to taste, really.

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo