Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > WAR Bonus with RA3
3. Re: Hmm.. Sep 3, 2008, 03:46 Ventura

What a load of shit.

Come on, let's be honest. What does buying Red Alert 3 have anything to do with the upcoming Warhammer Online?

You can see it now, in game:
"Wow, nice, how'd you get that?"
"I preordered Red Alert 3"

Huh? And it's not just any old item, it's something with an illusion attached. This is the sort of thing that makes you angry in-game because there's no way you can get one too.

Bad, bad move.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gamer's Bill of Rights
63. Re: No no no and no. Aug 29, 2008, 23:43 Ventura

I like how Gas Powered Games are a part of this, like they haven't completely and utterly dropped support for every title they've produced shortly after it's hit the shelf.

Chris Taylor is a "do as I say, not as I do" type of guy.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2008 Ticket Auction Update
2. Re: Man... Aug 16, 2008, 22:00 Ventura

Blizzard has a bad habit of underestimating demand. For games, for servers, for BlizzCon tickets

That would be a problem most other developers could only wish they had.

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but we just were not expecting demand of this magnitude. Rest assured we're working to get more copies of Empire Earth 3 out to retail as fast as we can".

"Star Trek Legacy? Sorry mate, all sold out. Fingers crossed we'll receive another shipment by the end of the week".

News Comments > Guitar Hero III Patch
5. Re: patch Aug 14, 2008, 17:34 Ventura

This is the one that replaces the controller with a real guitar thereby forcing you to actually LEARN how to play guitar

As opposed to how sports games don't have to replace controllers with real balls and/or racquets? Or what about Swat or CounterStrike replacing it with a real gun and a pass to a shooting range?

Maybe you just didn't notice, brainiak, but a great many computer games are about the emulation of some real-life task. So why the hate towards music ones in particular? Other than the fact that you obviously don't know how to rock

News Comments > Star Trek Online Debut Trailer
14. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2008, 17:42 Ventura

Hell no; that's some ass-backwards thinking. It's your duty as a Star Trek fan to NOT buy this garbage, and demand that justice is done to the license.

Unfortunately mate it doesn't work that way.

If this doesn't sell well, they won't come away thinking they can do better. They'll come away thinking nobody cares, and it's the last Trek game you'll ever see.

Whatever the outcome, as someone else has suggested, isn't it a little early to be referencing this as 'garbage'? If indeed you've already made up your mind, I think it's fair to say you've set the bar so high nothing could've been good enough.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Debut Trailer
6. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2008, 08:41 Ventura

As a Trekkie, I'm not going to be able to resist this if and when it ever shows up in stores. It's almost like it's going to be my duty to support this thing.

While I'd really love to see this thing succeed, if I were to be honest I'd have to say I doubt it will do very well. I'd be surprised if the servers were still up a year after the retail release, let's put it that way.

News Comments > Warner: Music Games Must Pay More
23. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2008, 17:56 Ventura

Bah, I've bought three albums because of these music games. Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who and Boston. But they just don't see that, conveniently enough.

The problem is that they're hearing about how much money these music games are making, and they want a bigger piece of the pie.

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon 2008, Part 7
2. Re: id Aug 6, 2008, 00:28 Ventura

After that, they've just rehashed shit. Q3 had some of the nice stuff from the Q1 mods, but otherwise they've been a real snoozer since 1996

Since about the time Romero left, interestingly enough.

The problem with today's ID software is that they have no vision. Great programmers means nothing without having someone to shape in the gameplay.

Doom 3 may have sold well, but it only sold well because of Doom 1 and 2. That doesn't mean it's a good game, just a cash in on the original classics.

News Comments > Censored Fallout 3 Down Under?
15. Re: Give me a fucking break Aug 3, 2008, 17:39 Ventura

Fellas, if the Australian government did a better job down here, I wouldn't feel the need to do drugs so bad!

If I were atall interested in Fallout 3, which unfortunately I'm not, I'd import anyway.

News Comments > Blizzard on Conan's Impact
11. Re: returned Aug 1, 2008, 05:51 Ventura

I think it's going to take an amazing game to pull any significant number of people away from wow

And that amazing game certainly isn't AoC.

I tried it for a little bit, raced to about level 48 or something, but it got very boring, very quickly. Being a melee class and getting enjoyment from doing fatalities can only last so long, and there's quite a lack of content at the mid-to-high level range.

Not that I went back to WoW though. I haven't played that in months. Truth be told I'm kinda sick of MMO's all up, I'd rather just play Rock Band

News Comments > Rebellion acquires Razorworks
14. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2008, 17:42 Ventura

Wow, there's been a Shataan and a Sadogoat post in here. There's some names from the past

Strangely enough, I ended up preferring the second AvP to the first. I became a bit disillusioned with the first, however, and didn't follow the progress of the sequel even nearly as closely. That might have something to do with it; your own anticipation for a game can often kill it.

From time to time over the past few years I've wondered what you two thought about the AvP movies that have since been released. Whatever your opinions, I think it's fair to state that the franchise's potential hasn't even nearly been reached, and the same could be said for the games also.

News Comments > Good Old Games Coming (Back)
9. Re: CD Projekt ROCKS!! Jul 10, 2008, 18:02 Ventura

Magic Carpet, baby!

I particularly like the bit about the old games being updated to run on current hardware. This website has got to be worth adding as a favourite.

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
22. Re: Nice Jun 28, 2008, 11:38 Ventura

Ooh yeah. You just know it's going to be good.

Or at the very least, you know it'll be well supported. And with the way the industry is these days, I'd buy it for that alone.

News Comments > Crytek: PC Sales to Piracy Ratio 1:15 or 1:20
42. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2008, 21:07 Ventura

Does anyone else who actually bought Crysis get the feeling they care more about those that didn't buy their product than those of us that did?

They keep this up and they've got buckley's chance of me picking up Warhead.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Fan Pack Details
10. Re: Wut? Jun 27, 2008, 12:03 Ventura

Was hopin they fixed that...

Yeah you and me both.

I was reading a bit quick though, but that new High Stakes option is actually only playable in the versus modes, which means I couldn't play with those changes in Terrorist Hunt anyway.

I'm not holding out much hope that the fix to Terrorist Hunt spawning is going to be a significant one, but it will be interesting to see.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Fan Pack Details
8. Re: Wut? Jun 27, 2008, 11:32 Ventura

Actually yeah, the second game is far superior. At least as far as cooping the single player campaign goes.

This is an impressive update for those of us who have the game. Believe it or not, but I bought two copies of this one on the pc (yeah, my fiancee actually enjoys playing this).

If you read the full update, they even make mention of a "high stakes" setting designed to make the game more tactical. Combined with the fix to how the terrorists spawn in the Terrorist Hunt mode, and I must admit I'm looking forward to downloading this thing

News Comments > Far Cry 2 is Long
10. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 00:28 Ventura

Bottom line?

I'd take 25 hours of coopable gameplay over 50 hours of typical single player any day of the week.

I never could understand what was the point of going to all thr trouble to create truly stunning experiences that couldn't be shared with a friend.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: that guitar game May 23, 2008, 03:58 Ventura

And there was a patch issued for bug fixes on March 20th...it doesn't matter if you choose to count it or not, there were bugfixes.

Ahh yes, that would be the DLC store patch I mentioned. And as far as the ps3 version of Rock Band is concerned, all that really did was introduce more problems. Along with the unnecessary "loading additional content" slowdown on startup, scrolling through the songlist in solo tour or band world tour now lags quite considerably.

Following the financial success of Guitar Hero 3, Activision announced that Guitar Hero had becomes a billion-dollar franchise. Neversoft may be many things, but desperate won't be one of them.

I don't want Rock Band to fail, but Harmonix have some work to do.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. that guitar game May 22, 2008, 18:14 Ventura

That Guitar Hero game is going to own Rock Band.

At first I love what Harmonix did with Rock Band, but I don't love how they then sat on their hands for the following half a year and have done nothing but release new tracks that you have to pay for.

No content updates, no new features... not even a bugfix. Oh, and the DLC store patch doesn't count.

It's time for Harmonix to get back from their Christmas vacation and actually do something.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Announced
36. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 17:59 Ventura

I bought Doom 3 on release day as I was a huge fan of 1 and 2. Big mistake. I won't do the same with Doom 4, because Doom 3 was a colossal fuckup, and like someone else has said, I didn't even play through the whole thing.

The days of me buying Idsoftware titles just because they're from ID are long gone. This one is gonna actually have to have some substance.

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo