Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Interview
24. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Interview Jun 5, 2009, 01:21 Ventura

I'm sure anyone who didn't get into versus mode felt ripped off as far as the rest of L4D is concerned.

I'm definitely in that category right now, and I bought TWO copies of L4D. You try and show a bit of loyalty towards a company these days, and you get shafted.

Short of them setting up some sort of discount scheme for owners of the original, the're no chance of me buying L4D2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Trailer
19. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 20:13 Ventura

Straight from GPG the games pathing has been overhauled in SupCom2. This was a big part of the issues with the AI units that was causing lag because of pathing. Among other issues to thatís been fixed and optimized. So rest assured the game will play much better.

They said much the same thing about the expansion, and did things get better? No, they got a lot fucking worse.

I can't play any long game with AIs in it without the sim speed dropping to -10. Since I either play alone with AIs or with a mate with AIs, that's a game breaker for me.

It would take something like a change of management over there at GPG for a problem of this nature to actually get fixed, because the old management definitely did not give a rats arse.

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Replacement Plan
10. Re: Terminator Salvation Replacement Pla May 21, 2009, 22:29 Ventura

Great plan... They are owning up to their mistake and fixing it as fast as they can, so you punish them. Wow....just Wow....

Well gee wiz. Better late than never huh?

What they *should* be doing is offering up some sort of free title with the trade. Given the enormity of the fuck up, forgive me for believing that simply replacing the disk as soon as possible is the LEAST they should be doing.

Although, next time it might be a good idea to test a disk or two first.

You think?

Two wrongs might not make a right, but it'll make you feel a fuck of a lot better.

News Comments > PC Terminator Salvation Recalled
31. Re: PC Terminator Salvation Recalled May 21, 2009, 07:39 Ventura

And thats why you dont go buy a pc game on release day. next time hopefully you guys will know btter not to buy a game the day it comes out

What? This happens frequently in your neck of the woods or something?

I don't think anyone buys anything with the expectation that it's going to be broken out of the box, and the "you should've known better" attitude is insulting.

Don't get me wrong, you can steal/take all you like just don't use this as a example of why you should pirate stuff, it's a diffent issue imho

That's quite convenient that you would think so.

I have a feeling if you were one of those out $50 for this product you might feel differently about it. You tend to drop the standards a little when you've been buttfucked out of your hard-earnt money.

News Comments > AvP Trailer, Details
22. Re: AvP Trailer, Details May 21, 2009, 07:07 Ventura

Is it just me but isnt anyone in the least bit WORRIED that they are basing this of the CRAPTASTIC, FUCKED UP MOVIE that is AvP2??????????????????

It was shit, yeah, but I'm guessing Fox didn't allocate the Strause brothers very much in the way of funding, so all the teen drama shit was filling. I think it's fair to say that hiring young actors and setting up a drama in a school is a lot cheaper than having marines kicking arse in outter space.

The Predator owned in the flick though, but nothing should be able to manhandle aliens like he did.

I'm biased though, I'll take any and all AvP over no AvP any day of the week. That's just how much I like the subject matter.

News Comments > PC Terminator Salvation Recalled
19. Re: PC Terminator Salvation Recalled May 20, 2009, 19:55 Ventura

the console version has been getting 40-50s in reviews, so it's safe to assume the PC version is considerably worse

I'd like to see this game get a whole lot of 0's because none of them could actually install it.

It's hard to mount a case against piracy when you have this sort of thing going on. Stealing is wrong, but what... this is fine? Shit, it would've only taken one person to check this. One. I would be spitting chips if I'd actually bought this pile of garbage.

If you do the wrong thing by people they're going to be a lot less concerned with doing the right thing by you in return.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2009, 05:52 Ventura

Seen it already at a mystery screening a couple weeks back, awesome movie, going again tomorrow night.

I'm a Trekkie, yeah, but if this is the start of something completely new, I don't really have any complaints.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Signups Follow-up
1. Re: StarCraft II Beta Signups Follow-up May 7, 2009, 19:18 Ventura

Hell yeah I'm in.

Oh yeah, and I thought the ability to enter your Blizzard game cd keys and then have the option to download the client is a nice touch.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
10. Re: EA Financial Results May 6, 2009, 06:55 Ventura

It'd be nice if EA would just fucking die.

You know what they say; if it bleeds, we can kill it.

Well, it's bleeding. And at a billion, that's a bit more than a flesh wound.

News Comments > Star Trek: D-A-C Movies
3. Re: Star Trek: D-A-C Movies Apr 26, 2009, 21:59 Ventura

I've seen worse. And being a Trek fan (who's already seen the new film) I haven't exactly been able to pick and choose from loads of great games over the years.

This could be alright.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 21, 2009, 22:26 Ventura

This thing with the Wii MotionPlus being bundled with the upcoming EA Sports titles is actually pretty good.

How old is the Wii now? And in all this time, Wii Sports tennis, for example, still has not been improved on. The Sega one was crap, Top Spin 3 didn't support holding the racquet in your left hand (huh?), and the Mario Power Tennis remake is also shite.

I'm all for new ways to play games these days, and anything that gets me off the couch or away from the mouse/keyboard thing is a huge plus.

Bring on the sports games, and unlike just about everything actually released on the system thus far, let's actually get some GOOD ones...

News Comments > Demigod & Piracy
3. Re: Demigod & Piracy Apr 17, 2009, 09:39 Ventura

Let's be honest though, the phrases "value for money" and "post-release support" don't exactly spring to mind when you consider basically everything Gas Powered Games have done.

I don't care who you're partnered with, if you have a rather crap industry reputation your image isn't going to change overnight.

News Comments > Demigod Fix Plans
2. Re: Demigod Fix Plans Apr 16, 2009, 08:45 Ventura

Brad Wardell: We need to get a patch out.
Chris Taylor: A what?

News Comments > 1993 Visit to id Video
8. Re: 1993 Visit to id Video Apr 6, 2009, 19:04 Ventura

Guys, you've got to eat your vegetables!  

News Comments > Gold - Demigod
19. Re: Gold - Demigod Apr 6, 2009, 18:55 Ventura

Normally, I'd agree with you, but Stardock's also behind this one. If nothing else, Stardock's post-release support is phenomenal. After they finish getting Demigod out the door, Stardock plans on releasing another AI tweak/bugfix patch for GalCiv II.

And that's pretty much where I am with this one.

If it ends up more like a Gas Powered product, I'm going to steer well clear. But if it ends up more a Stardock product, it could well prove to be one of the best games to be released this year.

At the moment, who knows.

News Comments > Warren Spector on Game Prices
4. Re: Warren Spector on Game Prices Mar 30, 2009, 10:43 Ventura

Nice to see someone gets it.

New releases out here in Australia, on the consoles at any rate, top out in the triple digit range.

That's too much. I can buy four blu-ray movies at that price, or five movie tickets, or half a dozen music cds.

The last game I bought on either the PC, 360 or ps3 was Left 4 Dead on the PC. Before then, Rock Band 2 for my ps3. That's two purchases in about half a year. My 360 hasn't been on for far longer, and it's not because it red ringed on me.

Prices have to come down, there's no two ways about it. Seriously, no wonder people pirate.

News Comments > PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour
7. Re: PC & Mac Guitar Hero: World Tour Mar 25, 2009, 18:49 Ventura

This is a living room game no one wants to huddle around a pc monitor with large controllers to try and play GH

Gee, haven't heard that one before. What's the average size of a monitor these days, 24"? Size keeps going up, price keeps going down. If you really can't see, I'd say your eyesight is a far bigger concern, and let's not forget that just about any TV screen you could buy these days will take a VGA or DVI input.

I really don't understand it at all - it is dance dance revolution with a different controller

Oh the voice of experience. Nothing quite like informed comments being made on actually having played something.

You might think it's crap, but try giving it a go. Only, Rock Band, not Guitar Hero. You might be surprised, but you have to be just a little open-minded. A little difficult, perhaps, but not impossible.

The reason I'm so for PC-versions of this game is that they should hopefully prove to be far more modifiable. That and, with any luck, both 360 and PS3 versions of either Guitar Hero or Rock Band hardware might work on it, which would be a huge plus.

News Comments > iPhone Wolf3D & DOOM "Fairly Soon"
1. Re: iPhone Wolf3D, DOOM "Fairly Soon" Mar 23, 2009, 21:31 Ventura

I can see me buying this when it hits the app store, provided it doesn't cost too much.

Can't wait to see Doom on it.

News Comments > Warcraft III Patches
8. Re: Warcraft III Patches Mar 23, 2009, 03:57 Ventura

I'm highly waiting for Starcraft 2

Me too, but I'm more interested in it's modding potential than anything else. I modded somewhat extensively in Warcraft 3, wrote a mod called VQuest. I never really modded that much for any other game, but thanks to Warcraft 3's trigger editor, you don't have to know how to write code atall.

If they've put the same sort of effort into the editor that ships with Starcraft 2, I'll definitely be spending some serious time modding for it.

News Comments > Star Trek D-A-C?
4. Re: Star Trek D-A-C? Mar 9, 2009, 21:31 Ventura

Pretty please be an RTS w/ base building.  

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo