Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 625 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Jun 24, 2009, 10:16 Ventura

What's more interesting is in every thread about this game you sound like your trying to sell it more then you actually want to play it.

That's probably true, when I think about it.

Because that's how it works; when it's something you're interested in, the thought of playing it tends to be more exciting than actually playing it. Haven't we all been there?

The game is a load of shit though, there's no denying it. I'm a mouse and keyboard gamer, that's why I bought it on pc, but the control is just owning me. Mouse movement is unsmooth and jittery, and trying to move and pan the camera at the same time is an exercise in frustration. Despite the manual being barely 8 pages or something there's a whole double page dedicated to the default controls when using an Xbox 360 controller. That should give you some idea.

I thought the PC version was done by a completely seperate developer, but other than throw in the ability to change res and remap keys, it's strictly a console port. Copy from here, paste to there. Hell, I want to work for Beenox, that would be one cushy job.

Another thing, why can't they just stick with simplistic controls? There's like 10 fucking buttons in this game you have to remember. Weapons mode, vehicle mode, special ability, interact/climb, melee attack, jump/boost, overdrive/handbrake, change weapon... for fuck's sake. And that's in addition to your normal attack plus character and camera movement. Would it kill them to have just one attack button, for example, and the game chooses what kind of attack you perform depending on whether your opponent is in melee range or not?

It's a waste of money, and I bought it because I am a Transformers nut, but as has been said, if you're not I would pass. Or at least wait for a price drop, which with this one, shouldn't take too long.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Jun 23, 2009, 10:39 Ventura

I can pick up the pc version for only $50AU in my neck of the woods. That's pretty much half price for a new release, which makes it a sure purchase.  

News Comments > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie
6. Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Jun 23, 2009, 05:16 Ventura

My friend is a picky bastard and he said this is the only game he's ever worked on that he intends to play multiplayer after release. Of course, that he worked on it means he's biased, so we'll see.

Which format? The pc version is being done by Beenox, for what that's worth. Luxoflux have been doing the 360 and ps3 versions, and it's a pretty good bet it's the 360 version that's been in all the videos and the like.

If the pc version ends up relatively comparable to what I've seen, I'll be happy enough. Just so long as I can aim with my mouse, I'm cool...

4. Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Jun 23, 2009, 00:47 Ventura

Wake up and realize that movie games are fucking shit.

Yeah, as opposed to everything else being so fabulously entertaining.

1. Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Jun 22, 2009, 20:06 Ventura

I will buy the pc version of this the moment it's released, because I'm that nuts on Transformers.

It's a purchase I will likely regret, but... bleh. What can you do?

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Patch Next Week
35. Re: Left 4 Dead Patch Next Week Jun 21, 2009, 00:40 Ventura

Just because Valve has delivered exceptional material in the past doesn't mean we should tolerate a lower quality product now

That's exactly the point. You expect it now, just as they have delivered in the past.

It's like spending more for a brand, like Sony (or whatever the brand is you're willing to spend more for) and not getting that level of quality you have come to expect.

They've essentially just used the name to shift more copies. At your expense.

It hasn't accomplished anything, because even though I bought two copies of L4D I'm obviously not going to go anywhere near the sequel (L4D3 anyone?), and all it's done is turn me off buying Valve products in the future.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2009, 12:38 Ventura

BTW Ventura compare Assassin's Creed 360 vs PC, defiantly not a port

Definitely not a port? Videos look pretty damn similar. The pc may have a graphical edge, but that's not uncommon.

In any case, it's a pretty safe bet that the vast majority of people will not have played the same game on more than one platform.

The point is to go with what the developers are going to prioritise.

14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2009, 12:16 Ventura

You've been saying that Ubisoft has a history of shitty ports when they very clearly do not. I have no reason to think that Conviction will be a shitty port

I said they weren't known for their fabulous ports.

The point remains, their focus will be on the 360. Conviction on the pc may well be a decent port, but it will hardly be better than what will end up on the 360.

These days, unfortunately, you're better off buying the console version of just about everything if you're after the number one experience.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2009, 05:33 Ventura

Ubisoft has a history of solid PC ports, albeit with a few exceptions (like Double Agent)

That doesn't change anything though.

As always, the 360 version will be the one to own. If you can handle your shooters with a gamepad, of course.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 20, 2009, 04:10 Ventura

You're still going to get the 360 version even if the PC version ends up being better..?

Really not taking that hint, are you?

What part about Ubisoft didn't get through? Really, what don't you understand? They're not exactly known for their fabulous PC ports. You could name just about everything they've ever done, and it would be better on the 360.

That's just who they are. Still, you want to believe they're about ready to turn over a new leaf with Conviction, fine. From where I'm standing though, it looks like Caveman's got his head screwed on right.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 19, 2009, 22:23 Ventura

Activision boss threatens to drop PS3

Wow.

How could news this huge be trivialised by putting it with updates about crap like Bionic Commando and a Birds of Prey website?

News Comments > The Sims 3 Sells Big
23. Re: The Sims 3 Sells Big Jun 10, 2009, 06:24 Ventura

Must admit I've gotten quite into the Sims 3, even though I didn't buy it until just a couple of days ago. It's the cool house-building videos on Youtube that won me over. Some beautiful properties, that's for sure.

The weird thing is, I created a guy who looked like me and I kinda gave him my attributes. Commitment phobia, friendly, computer wiz, bit of a slob and a couch potato.. that kinda thing.

So I'm on my computer playing a guy who looks like me and he's on his computer. Made me think; maybe this is all just a simulation and there's someone out there in the 'real world' controlling me?

Cool game though. When someone pisses me off at work I can't help thinking about there being a red icon above me with a couple of faces and a -- next to it instead of a nice green ++ icon

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
3. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jun 9, 2009, 00:43 Ventura

I had to do a double take, because for a moment I thought it said "Left 4 Dead patched".

But then I came to my senses. They don't patch Left 4 Dead, they just make you buy it all over again.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Interview
24. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Interview Jun 5, 2009, 01:21 Ventura

I'm sure anyone who didn't get into versus mode felt ripped off as far as the rest of L4D is concerned.

I'm definitely in that category right now, and I bought TWO copies of L4D. You try and show a bit of loyalty towards a company these days, and you get shafted.

Short of them setting up some sort of discount scheme for owners of the original, the're no chance of me buying L4D2.

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Trailer
19. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Trailer May 29, 2009, 20:13 Ventura

Straight from GPG the games pathing has been overhauled in SupCom2. This was a big part of the issues with the AI units that was causing lag because of pathing. Among other issues to thatís been fixed and optimized. So rest assured the game will play much better.

They said much the same thing about the expansion, and did things get better? No, they got a lot fucking worse.

I can't play any long game with AIs in it without the sim speed dropping to -10. Since I either play alone with AIs or with a mate with AIs, that's a game breaker for me.

It would take something like a change of management over there at GPG for a problem of this nature to actually get fixed, because the old management definitely did not give a rats arse.

News Comments > Terminator Salvation Replacement Plan
10. Re: Terminator Salvation Replacement Pla May 21, 2009, 22:29 Ventura

Great plan... They are owning up to their mistake and fixing it as fast as they can, so you punish them. Wow....just Wow....

Well gee wiz. Better late than never huh?

What they *should* be doing is offering up some sort of free title with the trade. Given the enormity of the fuck up, forgive me for believing that simply replacing the disk as soon as possible is the LEAST they should be doing.

Although, next time it might be a good idea to test a disk or two first.

You think?

Two wrongs might not make a right, but it'll make you feel a fuck of a lot better.

News Comments > PC Terminator Salvation Recalled
31. Re: PC Terminator Salvation Recalled May 21, 2009, 07:39 Ventura

And thats why you dont go buy a pc game on release day. next time hopefully you guys will know btter not to buy a game the day it comes out

What? This happens frequently in your neck of the woods or something?

I don't think anyone buys anything with the expectation that it's going to be broken out of the box, and the "you should've known better" attitude is insulting.

Don't get me wrong, you can steal/take all you like just don't use this as a example of why you should pirate stuff, it's a diffent issue imho

That's quite convenient that you would think so.

I have a feeling if you were one of those out $50 for this product you might feel differently about it. You tend to drop the standards a little when you've been buttfucked out of your hard-earnt money.

News Comments > AvP Trailer, Details
22. Re: AvP Trailer, Details May 21, 2009, 07:07 Ventura

Is it just me but isnt anyone in the least bit WORRIED that they are basing this of the CRAPTASTIC, FUCKED UP MOVIE that is AvP2??????????????????

It was shit, yeah, but I'm guessing Fox didn't allocate the Strause brothers very much in the way of funding, so all the teen drama shit was filling. I think it's fair to say that hiring young actors and setting up a drama in a school is a lot cheaper than having marines kicking arse in outter space.

The Predator owned in the flick though, but nothing should be able to manhandle aliens like he did.

I'm biased though, I'll take any and all AvP over no AvP any day of the week. That's just how much I like the subject matter.

News Comments > PC Terminator Salvation Recalled
19. Re: PC Terminator Salvation Recalled May 20, 2009, 19:55 Ventura

the console version has been getting 40-50s in reviews, so it's safe to assume the PC version is considerably worse

I'd like to see this game get a whole lot of 0's because none of them could actually install it.

It's hard to mount a case against piracy when you have this sort of thing going on. Stealing is wrong, but what... this is fine? Shit, it would've only taken one person to check this. One. I would be spitting chips if I'd actually bought this pile of garbage.

If you do the wrong thing by people they're going to be a lot less concerned with doing the right thing by you in return.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2009, 05:52 Ventura

Seen it already at a mystery screening a couple weeks back, awesome movie, going again tomorrow night.

I'm a Trekkie, yeah, but if this is the start of something completely new, I don't really have any complaints.

625 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo