Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 625 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Australian R18+ Debate
8. Re: Australian R18+ Debate Dec 14, 2009, 17:38 Ventura

I've sent in my submission.

35 year old mature adult male, but I can't play something if it's deemed inappropriate for a 15 year old. What... the... fuck??!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
19. Re: Steam Top Sellers Dec 7, 2009, 04:16 Ventura

Did I miss something? I click on the link for COD: MW2, just to see how much it costs, and it throws up $89.99USD.

Are you shitting me? $89.99USD? Is it April 1st or something?

News Comments > On Age of Conan Update 6
1. Re: On Age of Conan Update 6 Dec 6, 2009, 00:58 Ventura

After a long time, I thought I might try giving this a go again.

Put in the retail dvds, installed, downloaded a couple 500mg patches, thought I should be up and running soon. Then it starts on another patch... 1.95gig.

No thanks. It doesn't matter how much content they've added, I just don't have that kind of quota available to get back into this.

News Comments > C&C4 Layoff Rumor Follow-up [Updated]
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2009, 16:50 Ventura

This is how we're treating people these days, is it? We don't thank them for a job well done, instead we send them packing?

All the shit that came up with working at EA earlier, like when that spouse wrote about them and their overtime practices, you'd think they'd have fucking learnt something from that.

I'll pass. Let's be honest, it ain't like the game's gonna be well supported post-release, not with the whole team all gone by then.

News Comments > German Mag Says Ubisoft Demanded Positive Assassin's Creed 2 Review
11. Re: AC2 Review Scandal? Nov 8, 2009, 18:13 Ventura

So you can probably not infer the quality of the product from what these guys did. It may be good, or it may be bad

That's not what it's going to tell most who will hear about this though. You don't come away thinking "it's marketing, the game probably rocks".

Kudos to this mag for refusing to do it, but I bet if Ubisoft had also thrown a bit of money their way, they'd have been more than happy to oblige.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Midnight Madness
15. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Midnight Madness Nov 5, 2009, 18:06 Ventura

Wow, this thread has been an eye-opener.

I'd planned to buy it, maybe, when the price dropped a little, but I had no idea it was crippled in this way.

I'll pass.

News Comments > Champions Online Free Content and Retcon Tomorrow
4. Re: Champions Online Free Content and Retcon Tomorrow Oct 26, 2009, 20:24 Ventura

I don't know what it is about CO. Went on vacation for a week, came back, and now I have absolutely no desire to play. Cancelled both mine and my fiancee's accounts.

It ain't a bad game, but the long-term appeal just isn't there.

News Comments > Champions Online Retcon Resolution
8. Re: Champions Online Retcon Resolution Sep 24, 2009, 22:30 Ventura

'Retcon' in the comics is when a current writer changes details about a character that have been previously set down by older creative personnel. I don't see how that has anything to do with what people do in MMOs.

Occurs to me it's actually perfect for a superhero MMO.

News Comments > Champions Online Retcon Resolution
6. Re: Champions Online Retcon Resolution Sep 24, 2009, 19:42 Ventura

For those of you still playing, please keep us informed of when this game gets out of the 'pay for beta' stage

The question is, how many MMOs don't feel like you're paying for a beta when they've just gone live?

I don't know why some are talking like Champions has been out for a long time, but I bought it ASAP when it showed up in Australian stores, and I've still got half a month of my free month left.

News Comments > Champions Online Status
7. Re: Champions Online Status Sep 23, 2009, 19:19 Ventura

Ha! Let me guess, kill Viper Technician/Machinists in the desert near the robots? That's what got me last night

Yeah that's what I was doing too!

Edit: aha... found you in-game. Hehe, probably feels like you're being stalked right about now

News Comments > Champions Online Status
2. Re: Champions Online Status Sep 23, 2009, 00:57 Ventura

But then a Villain (think Lt in CoH) finished me off in a couple of seconds. Granted I was at 50% health already but that never happened before

I had that too, post patch.

I was doing a quest to kill these technician mobs at level 19, and as is often the case, they're pretty much never henchmen, only villains. So I go up against a group with two of them, and no shit, I'm down in record time. And I've gone might, put constitution first, and have the defiance passive defense ability at level 3.

As I think I hinted in the other thread, this is pretty much a game breaker for me until it's fixed.

News Comments > Champions Online Interview
26. Re: Champions Online Interview Sep 22, 2009, 19:30 Ventura

completely alleviate the fact that rocket jump--which was so fun in the power house and desert--gets me tangled up in the city treetops every block or so!

I have that happen with the normal super jump too.

Strange how two people can react so completely differently to the same thing though, because I absolutely love being able to jump to get around. I get caught in the trees sometimes too, but I love the landing effect, the sound it makes, the crack on the floor, and the way the character drops to one of his knees to absorb the impact.

You feel absolutely badass, like if there were a group of mobs in the area, they'd be thrown in all directions. Of course, because they've currently buggered up how hard the mobs hit for, that's when you get completely owned, but up until that point, you feel fantastic

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2009, 19:39.

23. Re: Champions Online Interview Sep 22, 2009, 10:53 Ventura

It's not perfect but I'm enjoying it more than CoH

I'm in the same boat as you Kanniball, but the constant nerfs are starting to get on my nerves, and I didn't join the game until at least half a week after it went live, so I can only imagine how frustrated those who have been around longer than me are feeling.

Today's patch significantly debuffed some of the bonuses that players were receiving. My level 19 might tank, con/str build, cannot take same-level villains now. Despite having over 3k hitpoints with defiance at level 3 he drops inside of 10 seconds.

I am anything but super now. Frankly, my warrior type in Age of Conan was tougher than this.

Cryptic are going out of their way to patch the super out of superhero, an endeavour I'm assuming they're doing to make it take longer to reach max level. That's going to be academic though, because if they continue on this route I will not be returning once my free month is up.

So yeah, anyone know if Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 is worth buying?

15. Re: Champions Online Interview Sep 22, 2009, 05:30 Ventura

"Resources aren't where we want them to be" would be somewhat believable if it wasn't for the fact that you can make a character, level to 20, and even if you saved all of the money you made that entire time it would just barely cover the respec of one of your first abilities

Bear in mind, we're not talking about doing a respec like you get in WoW. This is called retcon, and with it you can change out absolutely every power your hero has. The ability to do this is unheard of in an MMO, and hell it should be expensive. It's not like you could level a Priest to 30 in WoW, decide it wasn't for you, and spend a bit of in-game money to change him to a Druid instead. One character isn't meant to be a "try every class" pass.

It makes more sense to have to spend more to retcon your character's earlier abilities too. I find this reasonably consistent with the whole superhero/comic book theme that they're going with. The more established abilities are further back and therefore are going to require more to change, and you have to pay through everything else you've added to them thus far. Makes perfect sense to me.

Just seems that without a free trial or satisfaction refund policy they don't have too much confidence in their own product. Am I wrong?

How many MMO's offer up a free trial so soon after launch? You can chalk it up to confidence all you like, but they're not made of money.

10. Re: Champions Online Interview Sep 22, 2009, 00:55 Ventura

While I've only gotten to about level 20 in both games, I'll put my 5c in towards the CO vs CoH debate.

The one thing giving CO the edge for me right now is that the world feels a lot more real. Missions in CoH were just a little too random for my liking, you'd zone into areas or fight mobs that clearly didn't belong.

While ultimately I'll cancel and move on at some point in the relatively near future, that's pretty much how I roll with MMO's these days. That said, I still like both games more than any of the others (Warhammer, Age of Conan, etc) that I've tried in the last few years.

News Comments > Champions Online Status Report
9. Re: Champions Online Status Report Sep 17, 2009, 19:55 Ventura

I bagged this game in an earlier thread, but now that I've gotten a character to 20, I'm liking it a lot more. It's got a lot more depth than you'd give it credit for, what with items you can loot/use, different builds, costumes, etc.

It feels a lot more real than CoH too. I really liked CoH, but now that I look back on it, the missions were just a little too random for my liking. Everything seems to make a lot more sense in CO, at least at this stage.

There are things I don't like about it too though, but hey, when is that not the case?

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Ban in AU
4. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Ban in AU Sep 17, 2009, 10:27 Ventura

If they didn't fucking tax us so much, maybe we wouldn't be so prone to violence  

News Comments > Champion Online Patched, Free Retcon
2. Re: Champion Online Patched, Free Retcon Sep 10, 2009, 22:39 Ventura

I haven't played enough of CO to comment on it's similarity to WoW, as I just got it yesterday, and only have three characters, the highest of which is about level 8.

I'm not as impressed as I was hoping I'd be with it though, and definitely not as impressed as I was with City of Heroes. It's hard to pin down why, but I have an ice guy, a martial artist, and an energy blaster, and they all feel much the same to me. Much more so than with any other MMO I've ever played.

I'll be playing lots more though, so we'll see how it goes.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Clip
18. Re: Star Trek Online Clip Sep 7, 2009, 09:39 Ventura

Those assholes just don't know how to make good games

That's a bit harsh mate. I've played plenty worse games than City of Heroes, and it's a bit much to cast judgement on Star Trek so soon.

This may not be the Star Trek video some of us were hoping for, but there are developers out there a lot worse than this one.

News Comments > Sins Add-on Plans Changed
9. Re: Sins Add-on Plans Changed Sep 7, 2009, 09:29 Ventura

Is digital-only still the only way to get Entrenchment? I liked the original Sins, but I bought it in the bundle with download and retail box, and I'd have liked to have also had that option for the expansion.

Someone who has Entrenchment, talk me into it. Please. I fear The Beatles: Rock Band won't keep me going for very long when it finally releases, and the more I'm hearing about Champions Online, the less I want to play that one.

625 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo