Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Gas Powered Games' "Next Big Thing" Announcement Nears
18. Re: Gas Powered Games' Feb 3, 2010, 17:58 Ventura

"Another busy day, can't wait to announce our next big thing on the 15th... I hate keeping secrets. :)." GPG's current project, Supreme Commander 2 is expected in March

SNAFU. His current project isn't even out until next month, and already he's moved on.

In the meantime Chris, do me a favour and fix as many of it's bugs as you can. Believe me people, if he doesn't do it now, he never will.

Well over half of my skirmish games playing the original + expansion ended up unresolved with -10 sim speed. Oh, the good ole days.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Rockstar Spouse Follow-up
8. Re: More Rockstar Spouse Follow-up Jan 23, 2010, 20:29 Ventura

And then people running the businesses care nothing about people, only money.

You say things might be bad, but sales are at an all time high right now.

You hit the nail on the head, but don't realise it.

Sales are high, sales are low... what difference does it make, if the people doing the hard work aren't the ones reaping the rewards?

The execs don't care. Never have, never will. And while it does sound like it's particularly nasty in this industry, it will be the same way wherever you go, whatever you do.

What do people with money want? More money. It's human nature, we're selfish by design. That and, society these days is all about not giving a fuck about anyone else.

Welcome to the 21st century

News Comments > Avatar Game: What Went Wrong
6. Re: Avatar Game: What Went Wrong Jan 16, 2010, 20:49 Ventura

Brilliant. I love how it's always some other factor; in this case, the movie being released in December.

It couldn't be the quality of the title, hell no. It's always something beyond their control.

Having read the (amusing) article, he does also admit that the quality may have suffered because of the whole deadline thing. See, now we're getting somewhere.

Only, Avatar was in the works for a long time, especially on the part of James Cameron. Never mind the prep, they actually started filming in early 2007; that's like 3 years ago.

I'm guessing Ubisoft not giving themselves enough time to make the game isn't their fault either.

News Comments > Chris Taylor on RTS Mechanics
13. Re: Game Reviews Jan 13, 2010, 05:21 Ventura

Space Siege was abysmal. Chris Taylor has a steep up-hill battle to climb to regain his reputation after that train wreck

After Space Siege? His rep was already so low, I didn't even bother with it.

His only claim to fame was TA, and how old is that now? 13 years? TA was well supported, had lots of patches and they added lots of units. Supreme Commander is a bugridden, infested mole of a game, and the expansion only made matters worse.

Supreme Commander 2 has less of everything? Hey, if there's also less problems, I just might be interested.

News Comments > Age of Conan Character Deletions
13. Re: Age of Conan Character Deletions Jan 11, 2010, 18:15 Ventura

if you arent part of the game anymore why does it matter if theyre gone for good?

Knowing that your characters are still there sometimes motivates a return.

If I spend a lot of time away from a game, and then come back, I don't usually jump straight back into any high level players I might have. No, I play a low-level character first, to get a feel for the game again.

Or at least, I would, if they didn't delete them all.

News Comments > Planet Calypso Space Station Sells for $330K
10. Re: Planet Calypso Space Station Sells for $330K Jan 1, 2010, 08:14 Ventura

Seems like there's two distinct types of people on this planet...

The vast majority are pretty much doing it tough, working and using most of the money they earn to survive, and then (if lucky) have a little left over to play with.

And those who (somehow) seem to have money to burn.

I'm convinced the more money people have, the more stupid they are, because anyone who spends $330K US on a virtual space station can't really be all there.

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron Announcement
9. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Announcement Dec 16, 2009, 17:42 Ventura

Come on fellas, anything that takes the focus off what Michael Bay has done to the movie franchise has gotta be a good thing!  

News Comments > Australian R18+ Debate
8. Re: Australian R18+ Debate Dec 14, 2009, 17:38 Ventura

I've sent in my submission.

35 year old mature adult male, but I can't play something if it's deemed inappropriate for a 15 year old. What... the... fuck??!

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
19. Re: Steam Top Sellers Dec 7, 2009, 04:16 Ventura

Did I miss something? I click on the link for COD: MW2, just to see how much it costs, and it throws up $89.99USD.

Are you shitting me? $89.99USD? Is it April 1st or something?

News Comments > On Age of Conan Update 6
1. Re: On Age of Conan Update 6 Dec 6, 2009, 00:58 Ventura

After a long time, I thought I might try giving this a go again.

Put in the retail dvds, installed, downloaded a couple 500mg patches, thought I should be up and running soon. Then it starts on another patch... 1.95gig.

No thanks. It doesn't matter how much content they've added, I just don't have that kind of quota available to get back into this.

News Comments > C&C4 Layoff Rumor Follow-up [Updated]
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2009, 16:50 Ventura

This is how we're treating people these days, is it? We don't thank them for a job well done, instead we send them packing?

All the shit that came up with working at EA earlier, like when that spouse wrote about them and their overtime practices, you'd think they'd have fucking learnt something from that.

I'll pass. Let's be honest, it ain't like the game's gonna be well supported post-release, not with the whole team all gone by then.

News Comments > German Mag Says Ubisoft Demanded Positive Assassin's Creed 2 Review
11. Re: AC2 Review Scandal? Nov 8, 2009, 18:13 Ventura

So you can probably not infer the quality of the product from what these guys did. It may be good, or it may be bad

That's not what it's going to tell most who will hear about this though. You don't come away thinking "it's marketing, the game probably rocks".

Kudos to this mag for refusing to do it, but I bet if Ubisoft had also thrown a bit of money their way, they'd have been more than happy to oblige.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Midnight Madness
15. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Midnight Madness Nov 5, 2009, 18:06 Ventura

Wow, this thread has been an eye-opener.

I'd planned to buy it, maybe, when the price dropped a little, but I had no idea it was crippled in this way.

I'll pass.

News Comments > Champions Online Free Content and Retcon Tomorrow
4. Re: Champions Online Free Content and Retcon Tomorrow Oct 26, 2009, 20:24 Ventura

I don't know what it is about CO. Went on vacation for a week, came back, and now I have absolutely no desire to play. Cancelled both mine and my fiancee's accounts.

It ain't a bad game, but the long-term appeal just isn't there.

News Comments > Champions Online Retcon Resolution
8. Re: Champions Online Retcon Resolution Sep 24, 2009, 22:30 Ventura

'Retcon' in the comics is when a current writer changes details about a character that have been previously set down by older creative personnel. I don't see how that has anything to do with what people do in MMOs.

Occurs to me it's actually perfect for a superhero MMO.

News Comments > Champions Online Retcon Resolution
6. Re: Champions Online Retcon Resolution Sep 24, 2009, 19:42 Ventura

For those of you still playing, please keep us informed of when this game gets out of the 'pay for beta' stage

The question is, how many MMOs don't feel like you're paying for a beta when they've just gone live?

I don't know why some are talking like Champions has been out for a long time, but I bought it ASAP when it showed up in Australian stores, and I've still got half a month of my free month left.

News Comments > Champions Online Status
7. Re: Champions Online Status Sep 23, 2009, 19:19 Ventura

Ha! Let me guess, kill Viper Technician/Machinists in the desert near the robots? That's what got me last night

Yeah that's what I was doing too!

Edit: aha... found you in-game. Hehe, probably feels like you're being stalked right about now

News Comments > Champions Online Status
2. Re: Champions Online Status Sep 23, 2009, 00:57 Ventura

But then a Villain (think Lt in CoH) finished me off in a couple of seconds. Granted I was at 50% health already but that never happened before

I had that too, post patch.

I was doing a quest to kill these technician mobs at level 19, and as is often the case, they're pretty much never henchmen, only villains. So I go up against a group with two of them, and no shit, I'm down in record time. And I've gone might, put constitution first, and have the defiance passive defense ability at level 3.

As I think I hinted in the other thread, this is pretty much a game breaker for me until it's fixed.

News Comments > Champions Online Interview
26. Re: Champions Online Interview Sep 22, 2009, 19:30 Ventura

completely alleviate the fact that rocket jump--which was so fun in the power house and desert--gets me tangled up in the city treetops every block or so!

I have that happen with the normal super jump too.

Strange how two people can react so completely differently to the same thing though, because I absolutely love being able to jump to get around. I get caught in the trees sometimes too, but I love the landing effect, the sound it makes, the crack on the floor, and the way the character drops to one of his knees to absorb the impact.

You feel absolutely badass, like if there were a group of mobs in the area, they'd be thrown in all directions. Of course, because they've currently buggered up how hard the mobs hit for, that's when you get completely owned, but up until that point, you feel fantastic

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2009, 19:39.

News Comments > Champions Online Interview
23. Re: Champions Online Interview Sep 22, 2009, 10:53 Ventura

It's not perfect but I'm enjoying it more than CoH

I'm in the same boat as you Kanniball, but the constant nerfs are starting to get on my nerves, and I didn't join the game until at least half a week after it went live, so I can only imagine how frustrated those who have been around longer than me are feeling.

Today's patch significantly debuffed some of the bonuses that players were receiving. My level 19 might tank, con/str build, cannot take same-level villains now. Despite having over 3k hitpoints with defiance at level 3 he drops inside of 10 seconds.

I am anything but super now. Frankly, my warrior type in Age of Conan was tougher than this.

Cryptic are going out of their way to patch the super out of superhero, an endeavour I'm assuming they're doing to make it take longer to reach max level. That's going to be academic though, because if they continue on this route I will not be returning once my free month is up.

So yeah, anyone know if Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 is worth buying?

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo