Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 631 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 10
3. Re: Rage Demo Jun 19, 2010, 07:36 Ventura

2.) I want to fuck Jess Chobot in the worst way

Poor thing, she gets that a lot. I was watching their IGN Daily Fix 6-17 on Youtube, and it's filled with lots of comments like that. That said, what she's wearing is smoking hot, so I'm guessing she doesn't really mind all that much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Trailers
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Trailers Jun 18, 2010, 09:11 Ventura

It's not an expansion. The game starts exactly where 2 ended.

What, so if it starts off exactly where the game ends, it can't be an expansion?

It feels like an expansion not just because they didn't name it Assassin's Creed 3, but also because you're still playing the same guy and it's still set at the same time.

That said, the sequence with the city being attacked does completely rock.

News Comments > EA Racing Games Sale
7. Re: EA Racing Games Sale Jun 17, 2010, 18:44 Ventura

Paradise is the one where you race through a city or something, right? And when they make tracks, they just tell you which direction you want to go?

See, if it were tracks, like in the earliest Burnout games, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

News Comments > Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans
35. Re: Rockstar: No Current PC Red Dead Redemption Plans Jun 11, 2010, 20:25 Ventura

I bought it for 360, played it for 5 mins and decided i'd wait for KB & mouse control, if it never comes, oh well.

This is about where I'm at, except having bought and tried it. I did watch a few gameplay vids on Youtube.

Thing is, I enjoyed GTA4 a whole lot more playing it on my pc than I ever did when I first got it for the ps3. It really is mouse and keyboard control FTW, and if it never shows up for the pc, then it's something I can live without. I have the consoles, that's not it, I just find aiming on a gamepad to be a frustrating experience, and one I'm not anxious to experience again anytime soon.

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
13. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Jun 7, 2010, 19:20 Ventura

Not if your game has significant problems like SC1 does. They abandoned the game. Now they want people to buy a stripped-down sequel? hah. Reputation means a lot. It definitely puts food on the table.

I'm well aware the first game was abandoned, I must have played the expansion less than half a dozen games because of the simspeed slowdown bug with AIs.

That said, I'm probably too forgiving a gamer, because I was over it by the time the Supreme Commander 2 demo came out, and it interested me enough to buy the game.

The sequel has been supported a lot more than the original ever was, which leads me to believe it's the publisher's call. It's fair to say we're a lot better off with Square Enix publishing their games, rather than THQ.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege 3 Announced
30. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jun 7, 2010, 19:04 Ventura

How about Dungeon Keeper 3 instead?

Put me down for Magic Carpet 3 instead

I can't help but like Gas Powered Games, even though sometimes I don't really know why, but Dungeon Siege really wasn't their best work. The first one disappointed us all hugely back in the day, and by the time the second came out, we didn't really care.

Even though I said I like them, I'm not sure if this game would benefit from their "input" or not. I think it's fair to say they're better at RTS than RPG.

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
7. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Jun 5, 2010, 03:46 Ventura

Fuck Taylor

I really don't think that's warranted either.

The first game didn't sell all that well, what did you expect them to do? If a change of direction is what's needed to boost sales, that's what you've gotta do.

Credibility with your existing customers isn't going to put food on the table or pay the bills.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: RDR glitches May 24, 2010, 09:16 Ventura

it's definitely the best open world game I've ever played, and probably in my top 3 games of all time. It's brilliant.

Damn man, keep it down. I'm trying to hold out for a potential pc version down the track, and you're not making it any easier

News Comments > EQ2 Mount Sales
4. Re: EQ2 Mount Sales May 21, 2010, 03:48 Ventura

When it's about how much IRL money you have, what's the point? Don't these idiots see it takes something away from the game? All for the sake of more money. As per usual.

Honestly, the way it used to be, you saw someone running around with uber shit and they were the man. You could respect that (in a geeky sort of way). But how can I respect that some dick has just ponied up $25 more for some stupid mount? If anything I'll pity him for being such a tool.

At this rate in a few years time all the best stuff you'll just buy.

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Multiplayer Trailer May 12, 2010, 20:25 Ventura

I just jizzed in my pants.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend
3. Re: Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend May 7, 2010, 22:13 Ventura

I didn't realise, but if you want to head back in to check it out again (which, for free, I will), you have to sign up for the welcome back weekend thing on their website after having logged in to your account. I'd have thought they'd have just enabled all logins until its expiry, but whatever.

I'm guessing what will happen is that I'll play for a bit, the new auto-fire feature will be cool at first but will wear off mighty quick, and I won't be atall motivated to enable my subscription once more.

News Comments > Activision Profits Double
1. Re: Activision Profits Double May 6, 2010, 19:09 Ventura

Bah.

There are some companies that I like to see do well (like Stardock). Activision is not one of them.

News Comments > Cecil on Piracy and Economics
8. Re: Cecil on Piracy and Economics May 6, 2010, 06:15 Ventura

making fast and lose with exchange rates.

They can't even use the 'exchange rate' excuse, because prices on the Australian Steam store are also in USD. So you have companies like THQ charging US residents $20USD for Red Faction Guerrilla, while charging us $70USD for the same damn thing.

They get away with it for two reasons; because people don't know it's happening, and because it's still going to be cheaper (after conversion) than our current in-store prices. We've gotten used to having had to pay more for years now, and as it would seem, many of them have gotten used to charging us more, too. Old habits die hard.

This sort of thing is what annoys me so much about the piracy issue, because it seems to be ok for them to fuck the customer, but it's not ok for the customer to fuck them back.

News Comments > Cecil on Piracy and Economics
4. Re: Holy Sh!t, someone who makes sense May 6, 2010, 00:53 Ventura

With Steam sales, the price is right.

Not if you're coming at Steam with an Australian ip address, it isn't. Read my recent comment in the thread about THQ if you want to know more, but frankly, it's scary the number of publishers that are bumping up their prices for foreign customers over Steam.

In any case, you're right about lower prices being the reason why, but it's not quite so black and white for the rest of us.

News Comments > THQ Fiscal Results
8. Re: THQ Fiscal Results May 5, 2010, 19:17 Ventura

Whatever they're doing, it must be working. Personally, I just fucking hate THQ.

I load up their Metro 2033 on my Australian steam, and it's $79.99. I load it up via a US proxy server, and it's $49.99. It gets worse; Red Faction Guerrilla is $19.99 to US residents, $69.99 to Australian residents.

I'd hate to think that it's these kinds of practices that are what's keeping the money coming in.

News Comments > Squash Announced
4. Re: Squash Announced May 5, 2010, 18:46 Ventura

In all seriousness, I'd love a bloody good squash game on the Wii, and the crap Racquet sports from Ubisoft with terrible controls and an average metacritic rating of 51 doesn't count.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Patched
16. Re: Star Trek Online Patched Apr 30, 2010, 09:22 Ventura

Oh my, did we step on your toes there fanboi? Sorry about that. I guess you are right after all STO is a fun game and EVERYBODY else is wrong.

In his defense, I wouldn't say it isn't a fun game. There's certainly something to be had here if you like your Trek, and I know I got a few hours out of it. Enough to make Commander, at any rate.

It's just... it's repetitive. Extremely so. Ground combat is a tedious, monotonous crawl through bad guys, and ship combat doesn't really feel like it ever changes.

You get access to a new ship every 10 levels, which is one MOTHER of a grind. Basically you have to stomach a week of absolute repetition just for a couple of hours of choosing and customising a new ship... and then it begins again.

If you can go through that four times, you'll make it to admiral. I did it twice, before I absolutely positively couldn't stand the thought of playing any more.

News Comments > Activision Signs Bungie for 10 Years
2. Re: Activision Signs Bungie for 10 Years Apr 29, 2010, 09:10 Ventura

I'm guessing the kind of independence that they will have is something the poor Infinity Ward chaps don't. No doubt Bungie have the capital to fund their own projects, and are therefore just using Activision's ability to publish and distribute.  

News Comments > City of Heroes Patched
2. Re: City of Heroes Patched Apr 29, 2010, 08:08 Ventura

Tempting to get back in COH again

Yeah I'll say. I actually enjoyed it more than Champions Online, to be honest.

That's nothing against Cryptic though, infact I have some holiday time coming up, and it's likely I'll head back into Star Trek Online instead. It's either that or WoW, and I don't much like the thought of that one.

News Comments > Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming?
5. Re: Two More Tom Clancy Games Coming? Apr 29, 2010, 01:00 Ventura

It's all about arcade these days guys, nobody cares about simulation because so few people buy it.

That said, I spent more time with Vegas 2 than I care to admit. It's far from being the worst game I've ever played, even though the cover system is obviously cheating.

In the presence of hugely popular arcade types like Gears of War, I'm hardly about to expect them to shoot themselves in the foot by releasing another simulation, just for my benefit. They're going to do what brings in the most money.

631 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo