Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 625 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek Online Season Three
2. Re: Star Trek Online Season Three Dec 10, 2010, 22:48 Ventura

I'm sorry, I'm a trekkie, love the shows...

...but I have no desire to return to this game.

Hmm, that said. I wonder how it looks in 3D

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar
18. Re: November Game Sales and Black Ops Soar Dec 10, 2010, 11:03 Ventura

Thank you to all you jagoffs who bought this POS and send the message that they can keep charging more for less. I for one choose not to support them!

I don't get it.

Aside from having a single player campaign and decent multiplayer, it's got zombies (the standard, and even a top-down mode), and full offline multiplayer where you can play with bots and earn experience as you would by playing standard multiplayer.

If that's them charging more for less, you're going to have to enlighten me, because from where I'm sitting, that cd is packed full of goodies.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2010, 18:14 Ventura

I had a chance to watch someone play Kinect over the weekend (that breakout-inspired game), and the lag was noticeable. Half a second to a second after she would put her hands up, her avatar would do the same.

They have to get rid of that before I'll even consider it.

News Comments > Minecraft Sales Milestone, Interview
9. Re: Minecraft Sales Milestone, Interview Dec 5, 2010, 17:53 Ventura

I've come to love Minecraft, but I lack the creativity to really get anywhere with it. I don't know what to do, I figured I'd built a house out of bricks after getting huge amounts of clay together and then cooking it all up, but it ended up looking like the most boring thing ever. The things other people have done are just astonishing.

I'm good at getting resources together though, and I love the cave exploration side of things, but I just don't know what to do with it all.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2010, 17:59.

News Comments > Minecraft Interview
26. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 26, 2010, 10:14 Ventura

Nor is it sold as a complete game, that's a falsehood, there are disclaimers all over the place before you buy that it's an alpha and it will have bugs.

You've got complete and unfinished mixed up. It's not sold as a finished game, but it is sold complete in that it's the only payment you need to make for it.

I wouldn't say the website's full of disclaimers either. The front page mentions potential instability at times, and the purchase graphic says you get 50% off during alpha. That's pretty much it. If there's a line somewhere about how he reserves the right to release updates without trying them out first because that's what the paying public is for, by all means, point me to it.

19. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 26, 2010, 07:43 Ventura

All things aside, alpha or retail, he IS selling it so that does put some extra obligation on him as opposed to a regular alpha I suppose.

I'm only annoyed so much because it's a great game with some serious potential, and - no disrespect to any fans of his - but I just think it deserves better.

I've worked on free mods for Warcraft 3, Quake 1 and Supreme Commander 2 and I've tested them a lot more than Notch appears to be testing his Minecraft updates.

16. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 26, 2010, 06:29 Ventura

Well, I'm sorry to join in on the fanboi chorus, but that's what alpha means. Alpha, as in even less project-maturity than beta. If the author had to carefully regression test every version when implementing new stuff, he would NEVER be able to make any progress because he'd be completely bogged down in testing.

Why do people always do that, I mean, go straight to the opposite end of the scale? I'm not expecting him to get all "completely bogged down in testing", but fuck, he could have fired it up once. Maybe if he had, then he'd have known that he'd broken the game.

I bought it back before the Halloween update, and I think it was almost in better shape back then. Armour worked, tree leaves decayed, items dropped on the floor when you died, and the player made "hurt" sounds when they felt pain.

I know that beta comes after alpha, but I'd like to know; what comes before it? Because that's where we're headed.

5. Re: Minecraft Interview Nov 25, 2010, 21:17 Ventura

I bought it, and it was great, but he's not the best developer. None of his patches seem to ever be tested, and it doesn't help that there's a huge group of "it's an alpha, what do you expect?" fanboys on the official forums.

I mean christ, his last patch, released just the other day, actually broke the game. These days it's selling over 4000 copies every 24 hours, one wonders how much money it has to make before he'll actually take it seriously.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
17. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Nov 25, 2010, 06:47 Ventura

I can't be stuffed either, to be honest. I have a pre-order in for the collector's edition of Cata, and I feel like cancelling it. I stopped playing a couple of months ago after having returned for about five months (prior to which, I hadn't played for years), but now I have absolutely no interest. Even then, I only started up again because my fiancee was very much into the game, and I liked the thought of raiding with her.

It's a great game though, but sometimes I think it's success can be attributed to the fact that real life is often such a big bill-paying chore.

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed Again
6. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Again Nov 18, 2010, 19:24 Ventura

I should be ashamed, but I still haven't played the first, despite having added it to my Steam account back when they were giving it away for free.

I know, I know... I'll get around to it

News Comments > Black Ops Sales Record
14. Re: Black Ops Sales Record Nov 18, 2010, 19:07 Ventura

uh? HaWHAT!?

This latest version appears to be a lateral movement in graphics gameplay, etc. but it runs like crap.

I'm guessing he was being sarcastic mate. Certainly the Steam forums are filled with complaints.

I don't play typical multiplayer online (just co-op zombies), but I haven't really had that many problems with that. Any time I have played multiplayer, it's just been the training mode with the bots. I get a bit of slowdown then, though.

All in all, I don't regret the purchase one little bit, and even though it could be smoother, it could be a lot worse too.

News Comments > WoW Welcomes You Back
41. Re: WoW Welcomes You Back Nov 16, 2010, 00:00 Ventura

How old are you by chance? Because there is A TON OF GREAT GAMING that came years before MMOs!!!!!

I'm 36 mate.

I'm not saying MMO's are where it's at, actually for the most part I can't really stand them. I absolutely loved playing games like Super Metroid on my old SNES, or when I got into the pc, stuff like Doom 2 and Magic Carpet 2.

It's just... down the track, MMO memories tend to be more pronounced for me. I enjoyed the almost endless TA and Quake 1 lans with the guys, sure, but nothing makes me smile quite like thinking about the early days in Everquest.

News Comments > Blizzard's "Diablo-Related Concept for Consoles"
11. Re: Blizzard's Nov 15, 2010, 21:14 Ventura

Mouse & Keyboard is not some magical, all-powerful control combination for every game out there. Some games are downright painful to play without analog sticks and many developers get lazy when they don't have to be frugal with their controls.

Each to their own. For just about all things non-Rock Band, mouse and keyboard is god for me. It kicks arse for RPGs, FPSs, and RTSs. I'll only bring out a gamepad for something a like a shootemup or a racing game, which is just about never.

News Comments > WoW Welcomes You Back
31. Re: WoW Welcomes You Back Nov 15, 2010, 18:22 Ventura

There's a lot of hate in here. Bad games don't get 12 million players, guys. Especially not when you have to pay by the month to play. Granted, you could argue that says as much about the player base as it does the quality of the game.

I'm off of it right now, been that way for a couple of months, but I have a pre-order in for the expansion, and I may or may not go back when it comes out.

I have to admit though, that most of my strongest gaming memories have come from the playing of MMOs. I've played a lot of RTSs and FPSs, but when I move on I don't feel like I take with me anything. It was just a way to pass the time. My early days with Everquest and Wow though, are filled with experiences that I remember.

When I get sick of them, I really get sick of them, and I'd not played Wow for many years before returning earlier this year, but it's gaming that I remember years on, and I think that counts for something.

News Comments > Harmonix for Sale
12. Re: Harmonix for Sale Nov 11, 2010, 17:37 Ventura

I'd be lying if I said I was happy about this, because Rock Band shits all over Guitar Hero, but the writing was on the wall. Too few care about rhythm games anymore.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops
102. Re: Oh, and on that Call of Duty: Black Ops thing... Nov 11, 2010, 08:20 Ventura

Not to interupt the massively unspun thread here, but I'm actually enjoying this Black Ops foray into the CoD franchise

As am I. Not only does it have a single-player campaign, it's got the zombies and there's even bots for multiplayer training.

I couldn't believe it. When was the last time a CoD game like this had bots in it?

That made it a must-purchase for me.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 9, 2010, 18:08 Ventura

Glad I didn't buy RB3, so long Harmonix...

I have no problem with it, just about everything that's already out there is supposed to already support the pro drums in Rock Band 3, and that's what I was after.

If I get into the keyboard enough, I'll gladly re-buy one or two of the epic releases, like the Boston tracks. Just the top stuff though.

I'd like to hope that adding the keyboard can now pave the way for the addition of some epic instrumental tracks to the game, like some of Mark Knopfler's stuff. Ooh yeah.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads Nov 8, 2010, 21:15 Ventura

It's all over the tv about the midnight release. Not for pc though, you guys don't get it till 7am...PST. Hope you r not on the east coast, can't play till 10am!

Or, god forbid, another country.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 4, 2010, 04:30 Ventura

Ubisoft is known for their Quality support and dedication to Quality games, so Kinect should sell Billions. Besides with opening titles like Kinect Adventures, Kinect Joy Ride and Dance Central, now you don't have to be stuck playing FUN interactive games on the Wii. I jest, I'm sure it'll sell well because it's the new "it" thing. Even if the games suck arse, people will have to have it. Although as an avid PC gamer I must say that GFWL is a boil on the ass of PC gaming.

I LOL'ed at that link too, because if Kinect will be sold out a lot, it certainly won't be because of any of Ubisoft's titles. Just take a look at the rubbish sports games they have released thus far for the Wii and even Playstation Move. They are responsible for so much of the filth that populates the Wii platform, it's shocking.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details
13. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 18, 2010, 22:15 Ventura

See if there wasn't so much PC piracy we could get exclusive DLC

And if they didn't charge $49.99US for the yanks to download the game off Steam, and $89.95US for Australian customers to download the game off Steam, maybe there wouldn't be so much PC piracy.

Hard to do the right thing by people not doing the right thing by you.

625 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo