Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 625 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2011, 07:49 Ventura

I'm wondering why so much hate for Pippen

I don't know, maybe because who the fuck does he think he is? Like the other guy said, he should be the first supporter and the first defender. You don't ride MJ's shadow all the way to six rings and then come out and say some other guy "may be the greatest ever".

Ungrateful prick. Had he not had the good fortune to be sided with Mike, he'd never have picked up a championship, and everybody would have long since forgotten him. Have a little respect Scotty.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 4, 2011, 06:33 Ventura

I'm pretty happy with the welcome back selection, all things considered. They're not the best that's out there, but they were never going to be; for most however I think there's something for everyone.

I chose Dead Nation as one of mine and had a quick go, seemed alright, didn't blow me away, but the type of game is definitely my cup of tea. Not sure what I'll pick for my other one, but chances are it'll be Infamous. Stardust and Wipeout probably suck, and I'm over the LittleBigPlanet thing right now.

News Comments > Cryptic Sold
16. Re: Cryptic Sold Jun 1, 2011, 18:21 Ventura

I knew Cryptic would get an absolute flogging in here, but to be honest, I've enjoyed their games over the years. Granted, I didn't play STO nor Champions much past the first month of free time, but the same is true for most MMO's with me these days (AoC, Rift, etc), and I have enjoyed returning to City of Heroes a couple of times, even though they now have nothing to do with that one.

They're not the best developer in the world, but if you ask me, there's precious little competition for that spot these days.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 29, 2011, 18:29 Ventura

Hmm, I wonder if that Star Wars Kinect still knows what you're going to do before you do it.

Now that's using the force! Like others have said, they fixed the lag, and then some!

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed
2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed May 27, 2011, 21:20 Ventura

This is obviously their take at having something like Treyarch's zombie mode, but nevertheless, I could see me getting a great deal of fun out of this one.  

News Comments > New Minecraft Beta
18. Re: New Minecraft Beta May 26, 2011, 19:17 Ventura

I bought it back during alpha for 10 bucks, and I've already more than gotten my moneys worth

I have too, and I've said that before.

I just wish they'd actually fire it up every once in a while. When you're working on 1.6 for over a month, and then you're up to 1.6.4 on the day of release, there's a problem. He hit like 1.6.2 inside of 10 minutes after having released 1.6. Did they release it and go "maybe we should have run it first?"

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't yet tried 1.6.4, only 1.6.3), but I still don't think the problem has been fixed where if you drop something, and then pick it up, you get one use from it, and then it's gone. Like I had a friend say, that's kinda a big bug.

7. Re: New Minecraft Beta May 26, 2011, 10:27 Ventura

I know you would think that it would be so easy to find all the bugs with 6 people compared to 2.3 million play testers. I mean come on bugs in a beta staged game give me a break here.

I think I met your brother over at minecraftforum.net mate. People always going down on Notch over there, alpha this, beta that. Heard the same tune a million times.

Tell me, what kinda excuse does the family have in store for when it comes out of beta? Just curious.

3. Re: New Minecraft Beta May 26, 2011, 09:55 Ventura

Yeah he's up at 1.6.3 right now.

The bugfix updates have been coming kinda quick, which is nice, but there's a big problem internally with that company when 1.6 needs so many quick fixes right out of the gate.

He's not done too, he just twittered about a severe cpu hog bug that they're still working on nailing. How do they not catch these things before release? There are what, half a dozen people working at Mojang now, does anybody there actually load up the game?

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 November Date Confirmed
18. Re: Modern Warfare 3 November Date Confirmed May 25, 2011, 04:46 Ventura

Finally gamers are funneling towards the developer that clearly likes making fun games that make money, while one likes having fun making money making games. Not the same.

I know what you're saying, but honestly, I'd call it more the reverse.

COD Black Ops was packed full of content, but the Battlefield franchise has suffered feature loss year after year after year. I first got into 1942 lanning with mates on maps filled with bots. Fast forward to Bad Company 2, and never mind bots, I can't even create my own server anymore.

Granted, Battlefield now has the single player campaign, but COD has always had that, and I can deathmatch with bots on any Black Ops map to my heart's content. Not to mention, zombie mode.

It's human to dislike the very popular and very successful, and I got into the BF3 gameplay reveal footage as much as the next guy, but some of you guys don't half talk shit sometimes. Like it or not, the Battlefield franchise has evolved in much the same way that the COD franchise has.

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
60. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 24, 2011, 22:11 Ventura

Can you get someone in the us to buy it and gift it to you and you pay them the $45US price?

Regional pricing has it's pro/con's.

Yeah nah mate. That's not an option that's really available to me.

It doesn't matter anyway, because to be honest I'm not really that interested in it. Duke is dead as far as I'm concerned, I suspect this will turn out to be an average shooter, with a metacritic rating in the mid to high 70's at best.

So even if Aussies paid $45 for it, I don't know if I'd bother. This is just the nail in the coffin.

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
52. Re: Gold - Duke Nukem Forever May 24, 2011, 18:29 Ventura

Doesn't matter, because at $45US for US residents on Steam, and $80US for Australian residents on Steam, there is absolutely no way this fucker is getting bought.  

News Comments > AvP Sequel Downplayed
20. Re: AvP Sequel Downplayed May 13, 2011, 06:27 Ventura

... including praying that people somehow forget how utterly, hopelessly terrible the last game was.

Granted, it may not have been the best game, but a description such as "utterly, hopelessly terrible" is just a bit too harsh for my liking.

Being a big fan of both franchises, I bought AvP on release day, and it's not a purchase I regret. It could have been better, granted, but I enjoyed the marine and predator campaigns, and do feel like I got my money's worth.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean May 11, 2011, 07:49 Ventura

What I'd give for Lego Star Trek.

Hey, a man can dream.

News Comments > On Minecraft Maps
2. Re: On Minecraft Maps Apr 28, 2011, 00:59 Ventura

Veinman wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 21:16:
Here's hoping the 'crash every 5 minutes' bug gets fixed.

If you're getting that, shift your view settings down from far to normal. I'll get crashes all the time on far, but on normal it's fine.

If that's not your problem, I don't know what is. I can get hours out of my Minecraft before it crashes no probs

News Comments > Down Under Steam Pricing
11. Re: Down Under Steam Pricing Apr 15, 2011, 20:44 Ventura

I blogged about this crap three time in my blog, here, here, and here.

Frankly, I'm not surprised this is still happening, but I've already said my piece about this filth already.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation DLC Confirmed
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation DLC Confirmed Apr 11, 2011, 17:24 Ventura

What is it Microsoft, you insecure or something? Not completely convinced the Xbox is the place to be for the best experience, so you gotta keep buying exclusives wherever possible?

You could give the 360 a six month lead for the difference it makes, there's no way I'm going to ever play an FPS with a fucking goddamned gamepad.

Incidentally, the vast majority will have already made their choice with regards to the platform they've bought Black Ops on, so all you're doing at this stage is inconveniencing those of us that play this on other platforms. If I had my way, that money would go towards making better games, because nothing spends as little time powered up in my household as my 360 does.

News Comments > Minecraft Full Launch in November
25. Re: Minecraft Full Launch in November Apr 8, 2011, 22:21 Ventura

I still can't believe people play this. It's a shallow little retro game. How long can you juice the liquid out of this lemon? A month? Maybe two?

It's all about the mods mate:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewforum.php?f=1032

I stopped playing vanilla Minecraft months ago, and I probably wouldn't have touched it since if it wasn't for some of the really rather splendid mods that have been released of late, such as Millenaire.

He already said what was next, that weird collectible online card game thing, something like that.

Yeah that Scrolls thing. As they say, lightning rarely strikes in the same place twice. I'm fully expecting Scrolls to crash and burn. Minecraft is great and all, but I love the insinuation that they're just full of great ideas. If Scrolls does well and ends up being quite the money maker in its own right though, then I'll admit they're more than just talk.

I'd have been happy them using the Minecraft money to try something else out after its release, but not while it's still in beta (and arguably, not getting enough attention). Minecraft is the runaway success that's making everything else possible for them; they'd do well to remember that.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2011, 22:33.

News Comments > Minecraft Grosses ~$33M
30. Re: Minecraft Grosses ~$33M Apr 6, 2011, 19:22 Ventura

How about putting that money into a bigger team that can bring updates faster. Or at least put most of the already made creature mods into the vanilla game. This game has tons of potential but updates are slow and haven't been adding much.

In full agreement. Minecraft is almost too good for its own good, because it deserves a level of development that it just hasn't been getting of late. Very little has been done to the game in 2011, what with Notch having taken one break after another. The only feature request he seemed to consider very seriously was the wolves, and even then that was just because Peter Molyneux wanted it.

They've made a mistake starting on this Scrolls crap they're planning. As far as I'm concerned everyone on the team should be on Minecraft.

I get the feeling, from having followed Notch for a while on Twitter, that he's over it. He seems to rarely discuss Minecraft these days, which to me means that his heart just isn't in it anymore.

News Comments > Treyarch's Hiring for CoD
10. Re: Treyarch's Hiring for CoD Mar 29, 2011, 17:18 Ventura

Wow, holy shit, there's a lot of hate in here.  

News Comments > Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake
4. Re: Molyneux Wants a Say in Syndicate Remake Mar 29, 2011, 01:03 Ventura

I'm sorry to say, but I am so over Peter Molyneux. It has been many, many years since I got any real enjoyment out of anything he had a hand in creating.  

625 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo