Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 642 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
19. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 22:43 Ventura

I mean look at Star Wars Episode I and how much money it generated, I think we can all agree it's the best of the movies, right?!

There was over a 15 year wait between Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace. Be fair to say that the demand was up there for more Star Wars content, and that Ep 1 would have done well regardless of its quality.

We can start talking about games again though, anytime you're ready.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
14. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 22:14 Ventura

I get the impression that there'd be a thread full of people saying how stupid this guy was no matter what he'd said here.

It's human nature to hate on the extremely successful.

Like CoD or hate it, shit games don't break sales records every year.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 11, 2011, 20:24 Ventura

I like the insinuation that the more skillful players are those not running around with the perks. Can't be that fucking smart if they're passing on them and then ending up towards the bottom of the ladder after each and every game, can they? All that time I was camping the quad in Quake 1, I guess I was doing that wrong

I actually read that article, and apparently, I should be playing a game called Limbo instead, where you just jump your way to the end. Or something.

If that's the future of gaming, thanks but no thanks.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
40. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 9, 2011, 05:47 Ventura

MW3 is the go for me now. They had me with the new Spec Ops survival mode, anyway. I just love the "survive as long as you can" shit. Don't like it? Don't care. Now it's looking like I can LAN it with a mate? Sold.

I'll likely get RO2 and BF3 down the track also though, just not straight away.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2011, 19:47 Ventura

RO2 is presenting itself an appealing package over MW3, if just for the price difference between the two. I can get RO2 on Steam for $35.99, whereas MW3 is currently being let go for a somewhat inflated $99.99. Both in $US, of course.

Nah, it's likely I'll still buy MW3, just... not over Steam.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year
1. Re: Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year Sep 1, 2011, 19:13 Ventura

I have a Commander in there, if I remember correctly. Free to play? Yeah, I'd check it out again.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
31. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 18:58 Ventura

and with mw4 kocktick will show up to your house and personally rape each person who buys a copy on pc.

Proof that Call of Duty can do no right around here. I knew someone would end up bashing Kotick, even though they're apparently doing everything right with Steamworks, offline play and dedicated servers.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
31. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 22:48 Ventura

Count me in. No brainer, like everyone else is saying, and LAN multiplayer is the icing on the cake.

Likely pick one up for the wife too, so there's another $40 all up that Blizzard ain't getting.

News Comments > Call of Duty Job Openings
4. Re: Call of Duty Job Openings Aug 25, 2011, 22:07 Ventura

Well, hopefully a new engine and direction, as it has become a very tired title with the same ol' recycled garbage in a different box

You can expect a new direction if and when it stops selling. In the meantime, given its tendency to smash retail sales records, I wouldn't hope for too much.

News Comments > Call of Duty Eyewear
11. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 18:40 Ventura

Its not as though when you look through the glasses it makes the game look like BF3!!!

If it did, I don't think they'd be able to make enough of them to satisfy demand.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 23, 2011, 18:41 Ventura

i dunno -- the legion of kids on the planet earth who loved rock band are now very very bored with it

I was very much one of them. Back in the day, I loved it, I bought a full proper Roland electronic drumset and everything.

These days, it's lucky to get fired up maybe once in three months. To be honest though, part of the problem isn't that I'm not interested, just that nobody else really is, and it's really not much fun atall when you're the only one in the band.

That said, my experiences with it rank among the most fun I've ever had playing video games, and even though it's not dead, it's certainly all but dead.

News Comments > NBA 2K12 "NBA's Greatest" Trailer
1. Re: NBA 2K12 "NBA's Greatest" Trailer Aug 22, 2011, 22:15 Ventura

Charles Barkley's absense continues to disappoint. He was always my fave back then.  

News Comments > BF3 Themed Co-op
22. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 22:07 Ventura

All the people that had original ideas quit the company.

And it's looking more and more like it's not DICE they're now working at.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Aug 19, 2011, 22:03 Ventura

Did you really expect people to read, much less post in a thread about a patch for a game they don't play?

Where have you been, the moon? They've been doing it for months. Hate cod this, hate cod that. But any news updates that might suggest the support has actually been pretty good, and low and behold, they've fucking vanished.

Gotta take the good with the bad mate. I can't remember the last time a pc game I was playing got thirteen (13) patches.

News Comments > BF3 Themed Co-op
15. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:30 Ventura

Modern Warfare 3's new survival mode is starting to look better and better  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Aug 19, 2011, 07:18 Ventura

No haters?

Funny how you all disappear when the patches start flowing. Upped and vanished like a fart in the wind.

News Comments > EA Revival Possibilities
35. Re: EA Revival Possibilities Aug 18, 2011, 18:41 Ventura

Magic Carpet 3, please.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer
11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer Aug 9, 2011, 18:58 Ventura

Speaking objectively, that actually looks like a lot of fun. I really love the ability to buy in soldiers to help, and that thing blasting the shit out of the bad guys from high up in the sky, looks very cool.

If I could buy this from an online vender, get it for half the price they'll charge in the Aussie Steam store (and certainly half the price they'll charge at retail), I think I'm down for it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 29, 2011, 06:26 Ventura

I hope the their stock crash is a wake up call and they finally, finally realize that people are tired of their gimmicks

Little bit early to lay the smack down, don't you think?

They've been laughing all the way to the bank for years now. Like it or lump it, they hit a home run with the Wii. Everyone bought one. Hell, my mum bought one.

So they've announced a successor, and it may not be what everyone was expecting, but so what? Was the Wii?

If the Wii-U tanks, then you can rain shit on Nintendo. For what it's worth, I like that they're a little unconventional, because the last thing we need around here is another Microsoft or another Sony.

News Comments > On Ubisoft DRM
29. Re: On Ubisoft DRM Jul 29, 2011, 05:54 Ventura

a clear reduction in piracy of our titles which required a persistent online connection, and from that point of view the requirement is a success.

I'd call that coincidence more than anything else, because it's not like the pirates didn't figure out how to beat it.

To be honest, I think it's more because so few really give a shit. What's the best one with this persistent DRM, Assassin's Creed 2? Did anyone half keen on that one really bother waiting four months after the console versions came out for the pc version?

The rest of their games have been pretty much garbage. Frankly, I have better things to use my monthly quota on.

642 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo