Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 23, 2011, 18:41 Ventura

i dunno -- the legion of kids on the planet earth who loved rock band are now very very bored with it

I was very much one of them. Back in the day, I loved it, I bought a full proper Roland electronic drumset and everything.

These days, it's lucky to get fired up maybe once in three months. To be honest though, part of the problem isn't that I'm not interested, just that nobody else really is, and it's really not much fun atall when you're the only one in the band.

That said, my experiences with it rank among the most fun I've ever had playing video games, and even though it's not dead, it's certainly all but dead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NBA 2K12 "NBA's Greatest" Trailer
1. Re: NBA 2K12 "NBA's Greatest" Trailer Aug 22, 2011, 22:15 Ventura

Charles Barkley's absense continues to disappoint. He was always my fave back then.  

News Comments > BF3 Themed Co-op
22. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 22:07 Ventura

All the people that had original ideas quit the company.

And it's looking more and more like it's not DICE they're now working at.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Aug 19, 2011, 22:03 Ventura

Did you really expect people to read, much less post in a thread about a patch for a game they don't play?

Where have you been, the moon? They've been doing it for months. Hate cod this, hate cod that. But any news updates that might suggest the support has actually been pretty good, and low and behold, they've fucking vanished.

Gotta take the good with the bad mate. I can't remember the last time a pc game I was playing got thirteen (13) patches.

News Comments > BF3 Themed Co-op
15. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:30 Ventura

Modern Warfare 3's new survival mode is starting to look better and better  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Aug 19, 2011, 07:18 Ventura

No haters?

Funny how you all disappear when the patches start flowing. Upped and vanished like a fart in the wind.

News Comments > EA Revival Possibilities
35. Re: EA Revival Possibilities Aug 18, 2011, 18:41 Ventura

Magic Carpet 3, please.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer
11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer Aug 9, 2011, 18:58 Ventura

Speaking objectively, that actually looks like a lot of fun. I really love the ability to buy in soldiers to help, and that thing blasting the shit out of the bad guys from high up in the sky, looks very cool.

If I could buy this from an online vender, get it for half the price they'll charge in the Aussie Steam store (and certainly half the price they'll charge at retail), I think I'm down for it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 29, 2011, 06:26 Ventura

I hope the their stock crash is a wake up call and they finally, finally realize that people are tired of their gimmicks

Little bit early to lay the smack down, don't you think?

They've been laughing all the way to the bank for years now. Like it or lump it, they hit a home run with the Wii. Everyone bought one. Hell, my mum bought one.

So they've announced a successor, and it may not be what everyone was expecting, but so what? Was the Wii?

If the Wii-U tanks, then you can rain shit on Nintendo. For what it's worth, I like that they're a little unconventional, because the last thing we need around here is another Microsoft or another Sony.

News Comments > On Ubisoft DRM
29. Re: On Ubisoft DRM Jul 29, 2011, 05:54 Ventura

a clear reduction in piracy of our titles which required a persistent online connection, and from that point of view the requirement is a success.

I'd call that coincidence more than anything else, because it's not like the pirates didn't figure out how to beat it.

To be honest, I think it's more because so few really give a shit. What's the best one with this persistent DRM, Assassin's Creed 2? Did anyone half keen on that one really bother waiting four months after the console versions came out for the pc version?

The rest of their games have been pretty much garbage. Frankly, I have better things to use my monthly quota on.

News Comments > Call of Duty XP Sales, No PC Call of Duty Elite Beta?
10. Re: Call of Duty XP Sales, No PC Call of Duty Elite Beta? Jul 19, 2011, 19:11 Ventura

Heh, I knew the resident CoD buttkisser would be quick to respond.

Whereas all the resident Battlefield buttkissers are still reeling from the lack of Steam support, right?

I could do without Steam support, I'll be honest, but if Modern Warfare 3 has it and Battlefield 3 does not, that's a bonus.

I realise the Modern Warfare 3 footage we've seen thus far looks very similar to it's predecessor, but in all fairness, Battlefield 3 also looks a lot like Bad Company 2.

Truth is, I'll never know which of the two to buy (and will probably just end up getting both), but the new Spec Ops Survival mode in MW3 is exactly the sort of thing I typically get into, and I'm still pissed at the Battlefield franchise for taking bot support out. Compared to the earlier Battlefield titles, Bad Company 2 really didn't get played a lot.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 14, 2011, 19:12 Ventura

App Store game prices rise.

Wow, good on you Apple. Must admit I always found it comical us Aussies paying $1.19 for apps that cost US customers only $1.00 when our dollar has been buying about $1.07US for months now.

I could only imagine the outcry if Steam prices were raised in several of the main territories because those of us in places like Australia had to pay more. The shit would hit that fan.

News Comments > Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play
18. Re: Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play Jun 29, 2011, 00:58 Ventura

The main reason everyone else is doing it, is because they couldn't make money (or very little of it) via subscriptions. WoW doesn't have that problem

Not yet, anyway.

While it will still no doubt be making a profit, it's obviously not as much as it used to be. They wouldn't be taking these sorts of steps to recruit new players to the game otherwise, and it's not like they'd have advertised it if a couple million subscribers had quit.

It won't die for a long time, but it's obviously peaked.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2011, Part 24
9. Re: It Came from E3 2011, Part 24 Jun 26, 2011, 09:38 Ventura

Ouch. I've been gaming for over 20 years now, and I didn't know any of those answers. The games they asked about, all just happened to be titles I have not played along the way.

That said, the blonde in that video in the short white top was smoking hot.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps Jun 26, 2011, 09:30 Ventura

Easy - you fill the rest with bots. I regularly play 32-player games with only 3 or 4 human players. And we also stack the teams, so it's typically us and a handful of bots fighting the computer at about a 2:1 ratio (with difficulty cranked down a few notches). And it's great fun.

Spent a lot of time doing that myself, particularly with 1942 and Vietnam. Ahh, the good ole days.

Most multiplayer fanboys don't get it, but if I had my way, I'd trade BF3's single player campaign for full bot support on all the maps in a heartbeat.

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
25. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 26, 2011, 01:08 Ventura

Of course WoW is eventually going to start losing subscribers, but only after earning billions in revenue. Free to Play? Nah, never.

The funny thing is, a week ago I'd have said that about Team Fortress 2 going free to play... and then look what happened.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps Jun 24, 2011, 19:50 Ventura

I'd also have preferred full main campaign co-op, but cross fingers this'll still be pretty good.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PS3 Footage
38. Re: Battlefield 3 PS3 Footage Jun 18, 2011, 04:50 Ventura

I AM in Law Enforcement, and I sit in a car 12 hours a day. I wouldn't be caught behind a car door any day of the week in a firefight. You go ahead - we will be going to your funeral.

If you aren't behind the engine block - you are a dead man. And don't stand RIGHT NEXT to the car, stand back about 10 feet behind the engine block with the vehicle between you and the bad guy. Bullets skip off of the hood...right into your head. when you stick your noggin up and rest your gun on the hood....not good. If you are back a way, then the go over your head.

Little hints to keep you alive in a fire fight.

Almost everything in the market goes through a car door. It is just 2 very thin peices of metal (if you are lucky) and some foam...MAYBE. Even .22 rounds go through doors.

Very cool post. I would say if anything, cover is more important than ever, but obviously, as much cover as possible. These days it would probably be more about concealing your exact location from whoever is shooting you than about getting things between you and their bullets, because it does seem like they'll go through almost anything these days.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PS3 Footage
31. Re: Battlefield 3 PS3 Footage Jun 17, 2011, 22:09 Ventura

Sorry to bust your bubble but bullets can really do that, think you can hide behind a car door? no way bub

To think, all the movies I've seen over the years where the cops are using their cars as shelter when they're being fired upon. I always figured their inevitable defeat was because they were going up against robots from the future or some other wonder, but I guess Wildone has other ideas.

I'm guessing you don't have a job in law enforcement or anything of that nature. You might think you're onto something, but I wouldn't consider giving up your day job just yet if I were you.

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
65. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 20:40 Ventura

Yes, he was a main designer for Quake, and did some good work, but when it came down to crunch time he was playing instead of working. When I spoke to Romero at E3 in 1999 he did admit to playing when he should have been working

While you can understand how that might piss you off, I always felt a technical marvel like Carmack always needed someone like Romero to just make the shit enjoyable. If you don't, that's when you get shit like Doom 3 (or, depending on how you feel, everything that came out after Quake 1).

I'm sorry to say, I also feel the same as wrlwnd. It's sad, but it really has been well over a decade since they released anything noteworthy. They were great back then though, absolutely at the top of their game, but that's as much a problem in itself, because when you've risen that high, you have that much further to fall.

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo