Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MW3 Spec Ops Survival Trailers
1. Re: MW3 Spec Ops Survival Trailers Oct 3, 2011, 22:10 Ventura

This may not be the most popular opinion in these parts, but I absolutely cannot wait for this.

My copy's already bought and paid for, just waiting for it to release now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
15. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 21:59 Ventura

As it stands, 6 months ago they were showing everyone how awesome the game is. Since then it's be nothing but reasons for people to not buy.

Pretty much sums it up for me. For my part, they don't have a hope at a purchase now.

News Comments > DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now"
22. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 11:10 Ventura

Shocking as it may seem, some people may not enjoy the same things you enjoy

Thanks, that's about all that needs to be said by those of us lamenting the removal of bots from the Battlefield franchise.

11. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 23, 2011, 23:33 Ventura

Bots sounds good on paper, but in reality all you did in BF2 with bots was to have 60 join the enemy team, and do a 4 v 60 match (and still win!)

And this is different from every other single player FPS experience we've all ever had for at least 15 years how? Now you complain?

All this time I've had it wrong, I thought what mattered was just having fun.

6. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now" Sep 23, 2011, 22:23 Ventura

It also feels good to be back on PC for real now

Yeah? Where are the bots then, Karl whatever your name is?

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
64. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 21:51 Ventura

If you want to attempt to convince people that a game is good, you might want to consider actually talking about the game itself, rather than relatively meaningless stats.

As those that would show up to take a dump on these games do?

Oh, I've tried that. I've defended Black Ops in these parts. For those that aren't into multiplayer, it doesn't just have the full campaign, and it doesn't just have the unique zombie mode, no, they also threw in full offline multiplayer with bots.

I don't know if MW3 is also going to have that, but that makes for one pretty packed disk in my book. Name the last time the purchase of an FPS netted you a feature list that extensive. Hell, just name one other time.

Couple that with the consistent number of sales, and if this is a bad argument, I'd hate to know what it would take to present a good argument.

Still, it beats no argument at all.

You don't think the 3.7 rating might just be slightly more relevant?

Having actually read some of those user reviews, you might wish that was a point you hadn't brought up. I took the liberty of browsing, just for you.

The first one I glanced on, he said the single player was ok, gave it 3/5. He liked the Spec Ops, gave that 5/5. Didn't like the multiplayer. Overral rating? 1/10. Huh?

The next one gave it 1/10, he said he downloaded the torrent and was disappointed with it.

Heh. And my argument is bad.

58. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 11:57 Ventura

A game like CoD is not going to get a low rating, regardless of the quality of the game. That's just a given

It's not the best example, but.. Duke Nukem did. For what I consider was a relatively high-profile release, an average metacritic rating of 54 is an absolutely horrendous score. I realise the Duke franchise isn't in the same league as CoD, but it's proof that bad games will get killed by reviewers.

There's not a rule that holds true for every occasion though, and I wasn't trying to claim that reviews couldn't be bought. My point though, is that with an average metacritic of 86, coupled with the number of sales, the thought occurs that Modern Warfare 2 might actually not be a bad game.

If you want to make objective statements about "shit" games, that's fine, but the objectivity you're suggesting doesn't really exist.

So what, there are no good games and no bad games, no good movies and no bad movies... because it's all subjective?

I don't know mate, that seems a bit too much of a cop-out to me.

I find it all quite funny, to be honest. People show up in CoD threads, make jokes about taking a shit in a box or Bobby Kotick, nobody says a word. I mention average metacritic ratings and sales records, and half a dozen folks get their backs up.

McDonalds is massively popular the world over, would you take a date there for romantic meal?

If what you're after is a romantic meal with a date, then yeah, it's probably not the best spot to be.

But what if you're on your way home, don't have much time, want to grab something to eat at home, don't want to spend a lot and would prefer to not have to get out of the car?

Completely different ballgame now, isn't it?

50. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 09:27 Ventura

They can even shit in the box and put a CoD sticker on it people will buy it. Oh wait, they've already did that with Modern Warfare 2, nevermind.

Worked with the press too, because it has an average Metacritic rating of 86%.

Have it your way guys. Everyone else is wrong, you're right.

44. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 06:19 Ventura

I have to assume you have some hard evidence to back that up. Sorry, "everyone knows that DUUUH" is not an argument.

Probably because it wasn't an argument, brainiac, I was agreeing with him.

And I am sure that "Enter the matrix" was such an exceptionally good and awesome game

Actually, Enter the Matrix really wasn't all that bad. Sure, it had some bugs, but there was some decent gameplay in there. I should know, I was big on the Matrix and it was a day one purchase for me.

I said shit games don't break sales records, guys. I didn't say they had to be great games, and of course I realise it's not just about a product's quality.

Still, thanks for playing

40. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 05:19 Ventura

Which proves my point, quality and popularity are not synonymous, which was what you were arguing.

Actually, no it wasn't. I just said that shit games don't break sales records. Nothing you've said makes me feel any differently about that assertion.

You have a contradiction there, boy.

Thanks, dad. Care to elaborate?

19. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 22:43 Ventura

I mean look at Star Wars Episode I and how much money it generated, I think we can all agree it's the best of the movies, right?!

There was over a 15 year wait between Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace. Be fair to say that the demand was up there for more Star Wars content, and that Ep 1 would have done well regardless of its quality.

We can start talking about games again though, anytime you're ready.

14. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 22:14 Ventura

I get the impression that there'd be a thread full of people saying how stupid this guy was no matter what he'd said here.

It's human nature to hate on the extremely successful.

Like CoD or hate it, shit games don't break sales records every year.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 11, 2011, 20:24 Ventura

I like the insinuation that the more skillful players are those not running around with the perks. Can't be that fucking smart if they're passing on them and then ending up towards the bottom of the ladder after each and every game, can they? All that time I was camping the quad in Quake 1, I guess I was doing that wrong

I actually read that article, and apparently, I should be playing a game called Limbo instead, where you just jump your way to the end. Or something.

If that's the future of gaming, thanks but no thanks.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
40. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 9, 2011, 05:47 Ventura

MW3 is the go for me now. They had me with the new Spec Ops survival mode, anyway. I just love the "survive as long as you can" shit. Don't like it? Don't care. Now it's looking like I can LAN it with a mate? Sold.

I'll likely get RO2 and BF3 down the track also though, just not straight away.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2011, 19:47 Ventura

RO2 is presenting itself an appealing package over MW3, if just for the price difference between the two. I can get RO2 on Steam for $35.99, whereas MW3 is currently being let go for a somewhat inflated $99.99. Both in $US, of course.

Nah, it's likely I'll still buy MW3, just... not over Steam.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year
1. Re: Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year Sep 1, 2011, 19:13 Ventura

I have a Commander in there, if I remember correctly. Free to play? Yeah, I'd check it out again.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
31. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 18:58 Ventura

and with mw4 kocktick will show up to your house and personally rape each person who buys a copy on pc.

Proof that Call of Duty can do no right around here. I knew someone would end up bashing Kotick, even though they're apparently doing everything right with Steamworks, offline play and dedicated servers.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
31. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 22:48 Ventura

Count me in. No brainer, like everyone else is saying, and LAN multiplayer is the icing on the cake.

Likely pick one up for the wife too, so there's another $40 all up that Blizzard ain't getting.

News Comments > Call of Duty Job Openings
4. Re: Call of Duty Job Openings Aug 25, 2011, 22:07 Ventura

Well, hopefully a new engine and direction, as it has become a very tired title with the same ol' recycled garbage in a different box

You can expect a new direction if and when it stops selling. In the meantime, given its tendency to smash retail sales records, I wouldn't hope for too much.

News Comments > Call of Duty Eyewear
11. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 18:40 Ventura

Its not as though when you look through the glasses it makes the game look like BF3!!!

If it did, I don't think they'd be able to make enough of them to satisfy demand.

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo