Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 643 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records
34. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 21:15 Ventura

Why would you even consider buying this pos in the first place?

I don't know, maybe because I did my homework. Wouldn't want to be accused of being a mindless fucking drone, after all.

The thought occurs that if people can't get enough of something, you continue to make money supplying it. Isn't that like, good business practice 101?

I don't get it, everyone else is out for as much money as they can get, nobody bats an eyelid. Activision cater to what many gamers obviously want, and people cry foul?

They're a business boys, just like all the others.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records
28. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 17:26 Ventura

The sad sad state that is gaming.. BF3 at least does something new and unique.. MW3 doesn't even try.. just the same again and again and again and again. And it sells like drugs

Huh? From where I'm looking, the reverse of that is actually true.

The Battlefield guys made BF3 pretty much multiplayer only in light of it having probably the worst, most consolised single player campaign ever. A pity, granted, because that Frostbite 2 engine is the one to beat. How you can make an engine that great and still fuck up the campaign so badly though, I'll never know, but they managed to pull it off.

If people want to criticise MW3 because it uses the same old engine, fair enough, you can do that. It might still look fine compared to most other shooters, but if it makes you feel better, that's cool. But you can't really complain about it not being unique, innovative, or revolutionary when it's BF3 you're comparing it to.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews
17. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reviews Nov 9, 2011, 04:31 Ventura

Too many people complaining about the single player. If you ever thought these games had anything to do with single player whatsoever, you rode on the short bus as a kid. This game has about as much to do with single player as World of Warcraft, haha.

I think you're confused mate, because that's something to be said about BF3, not MW3.

Black Ops hit a home run with the really rather huge amount of offline content stuffed onto that disk, and while I'd say there's not quite as much with MW3, there's still plenty to do for those of us not really into multiplayer.

I'm all for you spending your time in multiplayer if that's what floats your boat, but that's a door that swings both ways.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 23:50 Ventura

There is ONE REASON why the majority of the posts below are negative. THAT REASON is becuase people like me OWN YOU THE SECOND YOU LOG ONTO MULTIPLAYER SERVERS.

And I dont mean they are getting beat 12-8. I mean they get OWNED by hard core players 33-1.

AND THAT 1 is from second chance when I happen to be reloading and knifing some other poor fool.

THATS WHY THEY DONT LIKE IT. HAHAhAHAAHAhaahahaaha

For christ's sake mate, put a fucking sock in it. You're making us look bad. No wonder Call of Duty gamers get the rep they do.

On behalf of those of us that are actually enjoying Modern Warfare 3 AND can put together a coherent sentence to save our lives, I want to apologise for this clown.

Okay, so it's not going to win any innovation awards, but it was never going to. I don't touch multiplayer, but the campaign has been reviewed reasonably well (in all fairness, it couldn't be worse than BF3's campaign), and as I said before, Survival is an absolute blast. Granted, that IS why I bought it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 21:14 Ventura

Haven't had a lot of time to read the comments here, but I've been really enjoying MW3's new Survival mode. Not much else to say thus far, but definitely worth it for me.  

News Comments > Steam Forums Hacked?
34. Re: Steam Forums Hacked? Nov 7, 2011, 19:43 Ventura

Just changed my Steam password too. Don't much care for the forums, but as others have said, the value of my Steam account grows all the time, and more security would be welcome.

Not that I wasn't happy it emailed me a confirmation code when putting in a change password request which I had to enter, but one of them key generator thingies would just top it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer
7. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Celeb Trailer Nov 6, 2011, 21:07 Ventura

Don't know why you would expect it, CoD is clearly not developed for PC.

These days, aside from titles like Minecraft, what is?

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only
13. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 20:08 Ventura

I think the last time I turned on the xbox was over a year ago.

I'm the same, which is why I bit the bullet and put my 360 on eBay. It won't go for much though, it's a launch console, manufactured in 2005, still kicking.

That'll happen when you never turn it on though, it doesn't get a chance to heat up and die. I never paid for gold membership either, had it for the first month for free, and that was it.

Waste of money for a pc gamer like me. Live and learn.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Preloads & Other Launch Prep
1. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Preloads & Other Launch Prep Nov 5, 2011, 08:59 Ventura

Just out of curiosity, because obviously nobody's gonna drop a lot of money to get the pc version early, but if consoles had unlock times for games like Steam does, does anyone think there'd be any serious fallout from that?

Actually, probably not. Most of those who will already have a copy of MW3 on either the 360 or PS3 will be well aware they have it ahead of the game's official release date, and I doubt those who don't would care too much about having to wait another couple of days.

That said, I'm as much a fan of Steam as the next guy, but I've had it on occasion where it wouldn't let me play a game I've bought from a store, and I'll admit it's not the nicest feeling in the world. It's just as well here in Western Australia stores aren't allowed to be open at midnight, because even if they were and I were able to go get it then, Steam would just make me wait 9 hours before I could play anyway.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans
13. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Social Experience Trailer; Midnight Madness Plans Nov 3, 2011, 18:41 Ventura

Stop buying this kind of crap dammit!

Are you kidding? By all accounts they've done a great job with it this year. Among other things, the new survival mode is getting pretty good press and assures there really is something for everyone (unlike BF3, dare I say).

I'm all for shitting on bad games, but that's not really the case here. The whole 'cod hate' thing is really starting to get old.

News Comments > Hard Reset Adds "Survival" Mode
1. Re: Hard Reset Adds "Survival" Mode Nov 3, 2011, 07:45 Ventura

Nobody's played this? Survival modes float my boat.

Alas, gameplay videos have not been as impressive as I'd hoped, and at $30 it's a little expensive for an indie title.

I'll wait for a price drop. MW3 out next week anyway

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer
29. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 00:50 Ventura

Facts...why bother with them when you have fanboi kool aid.

But it's alright to be on your knees lapping it all up when it's DICE you're blowing? Just curious.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
42. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 30, 2011, 07:54 Ventura

What needs to happen is bring to the PC the same level of piracy control found on consoles.

I'm with you mate. It has to happen.

There'd be a way too, but as long as the big guns make their bucks on the consoles, they're not going to care.

It's just a pity, because we're getting games that are just barely scratching the surface of what our machines are capable of.

News Comments > Domains Reveal Rainbow Six: Patriots
13. Re: Domains Reveal Rainbow Six: Patriots Oct 30, 2011, 05:29 Ventura

I'm up for a new Rainbow Six.

Ok so Vegas pissed a lot of people off, what with the whole "crouch behind cover but still see" thing, but I enjoyed it.

They release a half-decent trailer, some kickarse gameplay footage, make it worth while for single player/coop gamers, sure, I'm in.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked?
39. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Leaked? Oct 30, 2011, 05:25 Ventura

Piracy is just as rampant on the console as on PC's

I wouldn't say it was even close, to be honest. How many consoles out there are going to be chipped? 1 in 20? 1 in 50? 1 in 100?

I'm not making excuses, but on any PC you can copy over that crack and you're good to go.

News Comments > Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M
4. Re: Electronic Arts 2Q Financials - BF3 Ships 10M Oct 27, 2011, 22:15 Ventura

If I'm honest, it's a purchase I'm actually regretting, although to be fair, that's as much my fault as it is theirs, because I'm not really as much into multiplayer as I used to be.

That said, it does have a single player campaign, and a couple of coop missions, so it's not like they're not trying to cater to us all. I was just expecting so much more from the campaign, and once I've finished it, there's going to be next to no reason for me to fire up the game again.

Hmm, maybe I should try selling my Origin account on Ebay or something. If you can even do that.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3
9. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 27, 2011, 00:48 Ventura

I don't know if I'd call a GTX460 "lowly". Its like a year old? (I have one too in my laptop, a year old model. Asus G53JW-A1)

Yeah I must admit, I don't think it's entirely fair. What I mean though, is that it's a credit to the team that I'm able to run their latest and greatest at 1920x1080 using what's pretty much a midrange previous-gen nVidia card, and it still looks pretty good.

Frankly, you could have kept your stupid 4 hour single player campaign and given us the option to have bots fill up the slots on the multiplayer maps.

I'd have much preferred that too. Campaigns have next to zero replayability for me, but I could play against bots forever

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3
2. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3 Oct 26, 2011, 22:08 Ventura

Credit where it's due, as far as I'm concerned it's the engine to beat. It runs really well, even on my lowly GTX460.

It's not "fully destructible" though, or whatever people have been claiming, but it does look and sound marvellous.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
98. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 26, 2011, 10:15 Ventura

I must be about halfway through the singleplayer campaign also, and my own experience has been somewhat mixed.

The game's AI has frustrated me on occasion. I've had it a couple of times now where I'll take up cover at a convenient location, take a few shots, and then my character starts moving. I turn around, and there's an AI teammate having effectively pushed my character out into the open by also taking cover in the same location.

They like running into my line of fire too. If I'm crouching, aiming down the sight, and shooting, it's probably not a good idea to walk right in front.

The engine is obviously fantastic, it's by far the engine to beat, but it continues to amuse me how they can make these worlds look so great but can't populate them with even passable AI.

I'll give one huge nod to DICE though, the sounds. Ok so it's bugged out on occasion, but for the most part, the game sounds amazing. I might have to actually give the game's multiplayer a go

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Community Town Hall Summit Oct 23, 2011, 19:15 Ventura

I bet you support Steam just fine though. Although Valve isn't any different than any other publisher. (hint: they're in it for the money) It's sooo difficult to make desktop shortcuts to applications oh the horror.

It's all about the timing. Steam has had a lot of time to get established, not to mention polished, and over that time has won over a whole lot of gamers. I mean, how long ago was it that Half Life 2 was released?

EA missed the boat. I don't even fire up Impulse anymore. It's Steam or nothing.

643 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo