Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 639 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 07:17 Ventura

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 06:06:
it was never stated there would be offline play.

Wrong. They said specifically that it would when asked about it, and more than once, too. Here's one such example for you, taken from the Kickstarter's comments section, but there are others out there from reddit and the like.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2014, 07:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 22, 2014, 05:09 Ventura

harlock wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 23:22:
yeh its amazing.. its the most exciting thing ive ever seen in my life

walrus1 wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 00:33:
Woah! This really is getting better and better all the time!

Sarcastic fuckers

Granted, I probably should have worded my post differently. Just kinda amusing them getting annoyed at all the negativity over there, like as if deceiving customers was ever going to provoke a positive response.

15. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refunds Reconsidered Nov 21, 2014, 23:03 Ventura

The second thread on the official forum has just been closed, because the moderator didn't appreciate the level of conversation that was taking place.

So you deceive your customers, deny refunds to those that paid more to play early, and then reprimand them for not meeting a level of conduct that is deemed appropriate.

This just gets better and better.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
150. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 21, 2014, 06:05 Ventura

bigspender wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 20:58:
i have obviouosly missed something here - people are freaking out because the game has single player that will occasionally sync with an online world to keep it dynamic?

Occasionally sync? Man, if you're going to post about the topic, at least do your homework.

What the new Elite's solo mode is closer to is basically playing WoW but being able to turn all other players off in the options. There's nothing "occasionally" about it, every time you so much as let a fart rip in your craft, the game phones home to tell the server.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
310. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 20, 2014, 03:51 Ventura

Slick wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 17:28:
#1 the only people not getting refunds are the people who have been PLAYING the game already.

And... paying more for the privilege, let's not forget that. I don't know, what were they expecting us to do, pony up more for beta but NOT play it? Huh?

Sorry, don't mind me, it just doesn't make a whole lot of fucking sense, that's all. But hey, way to go after your more loyal customers there, guys, let's just call it the frontier thing to do from now on.

292. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2014, 17:20 Ventura

Slick wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:09:
nothing has changed! the only thing that's different is you have to login to play

You know, putting those two sentences right next to each other really didn't help your case at all.

Slick wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:09:
as for buddy who's visiting his relative on a farm in the sticks, and who doesn't want to "ask to borrow his internet" then what exactly is your issue then? too polite to not be mad at something which really isn't an issue for %99 of people %99 of the time.

I like how, rather than just admit that your question has been successfully answered, you just proceed to somewhat move the goalposts a little. Because...

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:06:
Are YOU affected? do YOU lose anything by this decision?

So what's the problem? I told you how I was affected, that I'm not going to be able to play when I might potentially have wanted to. So what? Is the ability to admit that my concern may indeed be a legitimate one a little too above you?

The thing is - and, evidently, this doesn't apply to you - but some of us are actually mobile creatures, and you know, that sort of thing sometimes means going from somewhere we had the internet to somewhere we don't. I know, what a concept, right? Who'd have thought?

280. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2014, 06:15 Ventura

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 22:15:
it's 2014, if you don't have functional internet at the most basic level, then move.

How does having the most reliable internet at home help me if I'm not at home?

I'm going away at Christmas time, 400km's south of this capital city here in Western Australia, and my dad has spotty internet that he pays through the nose for because he lives in the sticks.

Now, maybe I was planning on playing a little ED while away, and maybe I wasn't, but I'm not about to ask him to borrow his internet, so either way, Frontier has effectively made my choice for me.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have bought the game even if offline had never been promised, but I do remember reading about it prior to my purchase, and you'd better believe its inclusion influenced my decision.

You can talk up the game only needing 52 bytes to get going all you like, but, pray tell, what does it do if it doesn't receive them?

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
3. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 23, 2014, 18:13 Ventura

It's going to take more than fucking Sims 2 for me to want to reinstall Origin, rest assured of that one.  

News Comments > Rebellion "Could" Return to AvP Series
9. Re: Rebellion Jul 11, 2014, 04:31 Ventura

Weren't Rebellion forced to rush that most recent AvP game of theirs?

I know it wasn't well received, but I quite liked it. I enjoyed playing as the Predator and the Marine, at any rate.

Long story short, I have played far worse games, and, to be honest, I would welcome another AvP title from them.

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 06:18 Ventura

I actually like the new Total Recall movie better than the old Schwarzenegger one.

There aren't many of you running around mate, that's for damn sure.

As for Predator, I'm all for more, regardless, cause they're just such a kickarse species. That said, I'd rather Aliens vs Predator, to be honest. That one's never been done right, not even close, and I think it's fair to say the potential's off the charts.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
53. Re: removed Jun 12, 2014, 09:14 Ventura

The final released version will be $50 I believe.

Standard beta, which gets you access to what they say is the final beta stage of development before release, is listed on their website at 50 pounds, and the release version is 35 pounds.

I could see me springing for that 50 pounds. 100 is just too much to drop right now, but there can be no denying how good this looks.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous E3 Trailer
50. Re: removed Jun 12, 2014, 06:59 Ventura

When this game drops to $50 or $60 or so, I'm so in. Elite was by far the best game on my old c64, and this looks very faithful to that.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
21. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 07:04 Ventura

Torment 4 grinder here, about 220 paragon levels in, my main is a Barbarian. I was firing it up daily until about half a week ago, when I just stopped playing, and I've had no urge to play since.

It's a good game, I'm just... over the grind. The game really doesn't have a whole lot of depth when you stop to think about it.

News Comments > Infinity Ward and Neversoft Merging
4. Re: Infinity Ward and Neversoft Merging May 5, 2014, 17:51 Ventura

If there's money to be made, you can bet Bobby is on it. In no way out of the realm of possibility. Or at least DLC.

I'm not keen on the man, but I like it when you guys talk smack about him like as if he's the only one that cares about money in this world.

I mean, really, here on Earth, isn't that just a little... you know, par for the course?

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
66. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 04:32 Ventura

I suppose the moon landing was filmed in a studio and Al Qaeda didn't fly planes into the WTC.

And JFK was killed by one guy in that Texas book depository.

Oh, wait...

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
24. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 17:22 Ventura

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 16:55:
This is where I'm at. Do I wait until I can get the whole package on the cheap or just grab the vanilla game now. Thing for me is, will I ever play the DLC. Hearthfire looks like something I'd use on my play through but the other two would probably never get used. This is what happened to me with FNV, waited until I got the whole thing on the cheap, sunk over a hundred hours into the vanilla game then stopped playing. Same with Oblivion and Fallout 3, by the time I was done with the vanilla games I was done... though TBH I did start one of the DLCs for FNV and it sucked.

Yeah I'd just grab vanilla mate. It's still plenty huge. To get far enough into the game that you're actually playing DLC content takes a good while, and most who would spend that much time playing the game will already have it.

As a disclaimer, however, if the world really sucks you in, you might come to regret not having also gotten the DLC. I picked up vanilla maybe 6 months ago, and poured 50 hours into the game (which is a lot, for me).

I haven't played in a couple of months now though, but I'll be honest; I do have Dragonborn on my wishlist. Just in case it ever drops enough to be too tempting to pass up.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
8. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 05:43 Ventura

Riker wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 23:17:
I signed up for the beta long ago, and have been in it for several weeks now. Super fun.

I did, too.

Bought a few packs, set up a few decks, and then it got boring. Fast.

It's not a bad game, but something tells me there are more of me around than there are of you

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Sep 14, 2013, 04:08 Ventura

Prez wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 05:08:
Ventura wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 03:40:
So I get this email from Steam...

Hey, one of the items on your wishlist is on sale. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is 25% off, down to $67.47 USD.

Wow, am I a lucky fuck or what? I like how it came out like 4 years ago, and its regular price is still $90 on Steam for Aussies.

At this stage, I'm guessing 6% of you are thinking "get the fuck out of Australia, dude", while the other 94% are going "why is mw2 even on your wishlist?!"

Actually I was thinking "Jeez, paying more for games is a small price to pay for getting to live in an awesome place like Australia!"

Actually, yeah mate, there's a lot of truth to that one, even if do we have awful fucking politicians over here. Yeah yeah, I know - who doesn't, right?

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2013, 03:40 Ventura

So I get this email from Steam...

Hey, one of the items on your wishlist is on sale. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is 25% off, down to $67.47 USD.

Wow, am I a lucky fuck or what? I like how it came out like 4 years ago, and its regular price is still $90 on Steam for Aussies.

At this stage, I'm guessing 6% of you are thinking "get the fuck out of Australia, dude", while the other 94% are going "why is mw2 even on your wishlist?!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter Sep 13, 2013, 03:39 Ventura

Edited, meant to post in other thread.  

639 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo