Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Led Head

Real Name Led Head   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ledhead1969
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 14, 2003, 16:16
Total Comments 270 (Amateur)
User ID 18056

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 12:14 ledhead1969

Elon Musk Wants To Build A City On Mars

Bioshock 4?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
9. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 14:33 ledhead1969

Game is fantastic.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2014, 11:23 ledhead1969

The computer only has to fool 30% to pass. 30% of the population are idiots so that is no big feat. Plus, the reply the computer gave to the question about how it felt about passing was so odd and creepy that this story seems like a lot of bs.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
16. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 03:28 ledhead1969

My impressions after 35 minutes: Put it on the hardest difficulty (how else would you play this?). Graphics are nice, cut scenes are nice, first level is fun. Guns don't have a lot of oomph (but that might change). The game is pure Wolfenstein, though. Go guns blazing. I happen to like that so I'm looking forward to the rest.

One thing, though, that annoying pan the camera and the texture slightly load in from Rage is present. That is kind of crazy since it has been years since Rage. Just maxed the settings, maybe that will go away (gtx675m sli).

If you like Wolfenstein you will like it...after all, it is called Wolfenstein.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Apr 5, 2014, 16:25 ledhead1969

They have to get better hardware into it. Just release an upgrade, figure out how to run existing games, and just bite the bullet. If given a choice I will always buy a PS4 version (if no PC version is available) so that means I will only buy XB exclusives. MS has to release a v2 with better hardware. It's already over if they don't.

They also have to fight against steam machines. Steam will offer movies/TV etc soon enough, and offer the latest games with better visuals and performance. MS should jump into that business model and release the first upgrade-able or refreshed yearly console platform. Increase the performance and keep the same price. Run older games in lower (720/9X/1080) resolutions and allow newer games to really shine with the better HW.

News Comments > Valve Beta Streaming Impressions
27. Re: Valve Beta Streaming Impressions Jan 27, 2014, 17:17 ledhead1969

It was flawless in this setup?:

Server (game being run on) wired to wireless router

to

wireless computer linked to TV (or just another laptop wireless connected)

?

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
2. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 7, 2014, 21:08 ledhead1969

Yea, that is what we all thought.  

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
9. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 12:29 ledhead1969

Quake TF. Best game ever.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
1. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 10:15 ledhead1969

...and so it begins.  

News Comments > WildStar Trailer; Class Details Coming
3. Re: WildStar Trailer; Class Details Coming Oct 30, 2013, 13:52 ledhead1969

Don't waste 48 seconds of your life watching this. No idea why this is even considered news.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2013, 19:38 ledhead1969

jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 18:09:
More than the asteroid, I find this pretty scary.

By 2047, Coldest Years May Be Warmer Than Hottest in Past.

I'll actually alive then, hopefully.

It's based on a class paper not even written by a scientist. Blue posts this shit without actually reading it, don't fall into the same ignorance trap.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2013, 19:36 ledhead1969

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 11:07:
Fucking Fox news.

Is this the mug shot of a future continent-killer?

START HIDING NOW!!!!

I'm sure that 800 years from now we'll have the capacity to deal with a 1.1km rock.

ABC, NBC, Discovery all ran that story. Of course, with your closed mind it's impossible for you to see past your agenda. What a simpleton. JFC and you vote, too.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 11:27 ledhead1969

NRDC: Clean Energy The Most Affordable Way To Power The US.

LMFAO.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2013, 16:58 ledhead1969

200,000 deaths etc:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db88.htm

If premature means 10 years before they were supposed to croak, life expectancy is 78.7 years (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm), that means premature is around the 68 year old mark.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db88_fig3.png

That shows a 60% reduction in death rates for ages 65 to 74 over the past 75 years...and that is with MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of more cars and trucks (and airplanes and train travel).

I can't access the SD article (which is odd, because I should be able to) but what variables do they control for? Smoking? Job related activities? Lifestyle? I think people getting fat and continuing to smoke has a MUCH greater impact on premature death rates than a car. That is just common sense.

Even if that is not the case, the massive drop in deaths for that age range shows things are getting better, not worse.

"Summary
While the overall risk of mortality decreased 60 percent over this 75-year period, there were fluctuations in the rate of decline most likely associated with changes in the broader environment. For example, the 29 percent decline in age-adjusted mortality in the earlier period from 1935 to 1954 was probably influenced by the introduction of various drugs such as antibiotics (2). In contrast, in the period 1955 to 1968, age-adjusted death rates decreased by only 2 percent, influenced in part by increases in diseases linked to tobacco use such as cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases (3,4). In the most recent period from 1969 to 2010, significant progress in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cardiovascular diseases (5) likely contributed to the 41 percent decline in age-adjusted mortality despite cancer continuing to increase from 1969 to 1990 and chronic lower respiratory diseases continuing to increase from 1969 to 1998.

Because year-to-year changes in death rates are often small, one might not appreciate the full extent of progress in reducing mortality in the United States over the past ĺ of a century. For example, the 2010 age-adjusted death rate of 746.2 deaths per 100,000 population was just 0.5 percent lower than in 2009. However, the 2010 rate represented a 60 percent decrease from the 1935 age-adjusted death rate of 1,860.1 deaths per 100,000 population signaling significant progress in reducing the overall risk of death in the United States across all groups."

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
50. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Sep 1, 2013, 05:24 ledhead1969

While you can technically earn the same stuff that people by the system is set up as to discourage people from grinding and encourage them to buy stuff instead. That's why it's considered P2W. Spend a few hundred bucks to have an immediate advantage over players who will have grind for several years real time to level the playing field is P2W anyway you slice it.

^^^^^

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
13. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 16:51 ledhead1969

This game is going to be delayed 18 months. (bookmarks this page for ITYS)  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained
4. Re: Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained Aug 30, 2013, 11:24 ledhead1969

The problem with this game is the group loot function. You can't play in a pub because the first person to grab an item can keep it. They really need to make the loot per-person. It would make the game much more group/pub friendly.

I read an article on why they have it like it is but it was just BS. They just need to code BL3 with individual loot or need/greed rolling or something. Fighting for a few hours and something nice drops and it gets ninja'd is no fun. It is not worth it.

Yes, I guess I could play with friends exclusively or blah blah blah but the point of the game is co-op and if the enjoyment can only happen with 3 other people that you totally trust that is a broken system.

Game is fantastic outside of that one issue.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 25, 2013, 03:10 ledhead1969

This is a payoff to textbook companies to kill the used textbook market. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 11:26 ledhead1969

re: minimum wage

Anyone with basic economic knowledge (which, I gather, Cross has none of since he is just a comedian) would see that raising the minimum wage actually hurts the groups it is supposed to help. How about this: every time you buy something from a minimum wage employee, tip them 20% (that is about the amount people want to raise their salary). that way, I can get my goods at a cheaper price and libs can feel good about themselves. Of course, by tipping them 20% you make it easier for them to stay in their low wage job and not strive to better themselves, but, the world needs ditch diggers.

http://bit.ly/12AbvN4

http://on.wsj.com/16zf5a

http://bit.ly/WIQH6t

http://bit.ly/152hWc0

"Increasing the likelihood and duration of unemployment for low-wage workers, particularly during economic downturns;

Encouraging employers to cut worker training;

Increasing job turnover;

Discouraging part-time work and reducing school attendance;

Driving workers into uncovered jobs, thus reducing wages in those sectors;

Encouraging employers to cut back on fringe benefits (thatís the substitution of capital for labor)

Encouraging employers to install labor saving devices;

Increasing inflationary pressure;

Increasing teenage crime rates as a result of higher unemployment; and

Encouraging employers to hire illegals"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2013, 11:56 ledhead1969

"How Xbox One's DVR will revolutionize user-generated content."

But they can't (or won't) DVR TV. I thought that TV interface was really slick and would definitely use that...but if no DVR it loses much of its appeal. I think there is some sort of pass-through thing going on (cable to cable box to X1 or cable to x1)? Either way, dvring on one box and doing the X1 TV stuff separately is a pain.

270 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo