Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Led Head

Real Name Led Head   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ledhead1969
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 14, 2003, 16:16
Total Comments 311 (Amateur)
User ID 18056

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Vivendi Sells Activision Stake
5. Re: Vivendi Sells Activision Stake Jan 16, 2016, 16:03 ledhead1969

Linchpind wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 14:11:
How has this stock been doing?

http://yhoo.it/1JRond9

Click MAX. Doing nicely it seems.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Division Leaked Alpha Footage
10. Re: Division Leaked Alpha Footage Dec 21, 2015, 14:23 ledhead1969

Sempai wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 12:11:
I played and finished the story missions on the X1 version. It's been dialed way back in terms of fidelity, to the point of city skyscrapers in the distant drawing flat with no textures at all. I'm fairly certain the game runs a non synced(some tearing)30fps@900p.

It now looks more akin to Watch Dogs than the amazing spectacle we saw from E3 2013. We'll see what the pc looks like, but if we know Ubisoft, it will not only be a stark downgrade, but it'll also be a stuttering bug ridden mess of a pc client.

I will say it hooked me enough to finish the sparse single player content they have you play in the beta. Reminds me of Destiny in new york. I will also mention the gun sounds were tinny, weak and generally terrible. I'd say more, but i don't want my home ransacked by angry French programmers in the middle of the night..

Will it have raiding? Destiny desperately needs some competition to force its improvement.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
23. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 13:54 ledhead1969

Drayth wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:41:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 09:49:
Despite them saying it's all seamless, there's nothing in here that shows that it's seamless, and I remain very skeptical about that claim.

Player trapped in a station being rescued by ship via another player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjDe0V7CTRs

There's a great movie like moment around the 6 minute mark, but the whole vid shows off how seamless moving from ship to station is. Getting into a ship seems a bit tricky, but in a good way.

Hmmm, interesting.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 19, 2015, 12:29 ledhead1969

Whatever happened to emoticon?  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 12:43 ledhead1969

I'm enjoying it. The gun play is pretty tight and you can actually take more than 3 shots without croaking. The unlocks look pretty cool and I like how the powerups are all over the place (including the ships). The heroes you can become seem a bit OP but maybe I just don't understand how best to defeat them yet (they are heroes, though). Graphics are great, as is the score.

I also like the map design. It feels more like a classic arena map (on a huge scale) where you actually have space to move in and out of without being shotgunned every step (like Destiny) or killed in one burst (like CoD). There are paths and while rushing is not recommended, it is also not insta-death like all other games now-a-days. The game reminds me of Bad Company 2 a bit (which is great).

As for the weapons, it's too early and I haven't played with them enough. The sniper I have is cool, but only 1 shot every 20 seconds or so, something like that. There are other weapons like that but I haven't unlocked them in MP. Pistol are great for upclose dps, blasters come in all types. The perks are going to be fun to mix and match. Inviting a pal to play and splitting perks to compliment one another (and the objective) looks to make things more fun (and survivable).

The Missions seems like horde-mode but are a nice way to get sort of easy offline XP. I think the split screen co-op will be nice on those. I wish they had online matchmaking...maybe they do but all I can see is to invite a friend to them. I've only done the command point and team DM mp modes so much more to explore.

I need a break from Destiny, and I think this is the one that will fill the void until new Destiny content/raid is released. FO4 for when I want to just explore, CoD single player for some popcorn action.

It's a good Q4 for gaming, and there will be plenty to do over the holidays.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer
19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 8, 2015, 02:00 ledhead1969

Wish this had raids.  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak
5. Re: DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak Oct 22, 2015, 10:58 ledhead1969

Got in the Alpha but still nothing in Steam.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 11:21 ledhead1969

"What Exxon knew about the Earth's melting Arctic"

Meanwhile, back in reality: http://bit.ly/1QdhLsn

Trend lines are hard.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2015, 12:55 ledhead1969

Their hardware was inferior...that is the only reason they failed. The other stuff (DRM etc) would have been forgotten. But their crap hardware can never go away. It is brought up EVERY time a dual platform game releases. MS must release a new XB1 next Christmas with upgraded whatever. Make it so it doesn't break existing games but they are done this entire generation so best to act quickly.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2015, 22:21 ledhead1969

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 16:39:
Nobody outside the US thinks it's the land of the free It's the prison island of the subjugated and armed.

Maybe that is why the subjugated and unarmed always flock here?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Dedicated Servers Sep 21, 2015, 14:34 ledhead1969

re Slick: I think the 'cloud' part has mostly to do with scalability (on demand) of those virtual servers.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 10 Notes Sep 4, 2015, 12:05 ledhead1969

SXO wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 08:37:
PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 07:29:
Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 21:56:
our focus is on introducing fan-requested features

YES! Finally we'll get some decent tactical mode combat!!

We’re happy to introduce the player wardrobe

GODDAMMIT BIOWARE.

Mwahaha
Player wardrobe? I haven't played the game, but I'm assuming that means the character couldn't change armors before. So in 2015 the ability to equip new armor for a different look in an RPG is a fan requested feature? Not a standard feature? Please, someone enlighten me if I'm way totally off base.

Yes, you are totally way off base.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2015, 18:10 ledhead1969

harlock wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 17:31:
Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 16:07:
Those photos are remarkable. Particularly the ones he matches up from 10 years before. They really just abandoned it didn't they?

fuck yeh they did

sweep it under the rug, its "The American Way™"

Just some reality for fellow Blues-ers who would rather form their opinions using facts.

http://thebea.st/1MUHa63
http://bit.ly/1hLx50g
http://cnb.cx/1UbVTPP
http://wapo.st/1Efk2hC
http://bit.ly/1fNT0ly

'Inequality' is noted as an issue 10 years later but that is more on the economy as a whole under Obama.

"Here's a pop quiz: How much money has Uncle Sam spent on New Orleans and the Gulf region since Hurricane Katrina ripped the place apart?

I'll give you the answer because you'll never guess it. The grand total is $127 billion (including tax relief)."

Guess when that figure is from...
It's from *2007*. In only 2 years the US Government spent 127 BILLION DOLLARS in NO and the other areas hit.

The thing is...NO was sort of crooked so it's not a surprise a lot of that was 'misappropriated' (see: Nagin and Co as an example of the climate there) but A LOT of it was put to very good use.

Those pictures of blight and lack of rebuilding are because there was no economic value to do it. Building/rebuilding just to spend money (and have no benefit) is what the Chicoms do and we see how that has been turning out. You invest where it makes most sense and let the rest just be.

The proverbial rug you speak of is called REALITY.

http://bit.ly/1EpGjcc

Ok, 20 billion more was spend by 2010 (all earmarked under Bush).

http://bit.ly/1ItNMCg

Nice write-up on how money was spent:

http://bit.ly/1NGiGPA

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2015, 16:46 ledhead1969

Looks like Detroit.

http://zfein.com/photography/detroit/

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2015, 21:04 ledhead1969

Retired wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 14:08:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 13:53:
I stopped watching Mr. Robot after episode 6, don't see a way for it to recover. It doesn't surprise me it got temp pulled, the show is way more psychopathic than I was hoping.

You are missing some really good stuff then.....

^^^^

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
8. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 22, 2015, 17:39 ledhead1969

"Frozenbyte concluded that even though it was not able to fulfill its vision, it’s still proud for Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power as it offers around 6-7 gameplay hours."

I have so many games to finish (across PC and PS4/XBO) that 6-7 hours seems good to me for $20 if I had nothing else to play. I don't need 10 to 15 hours of Trine (at $39.99). Of course, it has to be fun, though, and Trine 1 and 2 were.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2015, 20:43 ledhead1969

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 19:29:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 17:57:
That is very cool. A Li battery that is not only immune to catching fire, but also lasts through hundreds of thousands of cycles? I guess the main question is how much it will cost to produce.

That's global game changer right there. All of a sudden everyone can affordably go renewable energy. How do you buy stock in that?

I don't think 'renewable energy' means what you think it means.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released
10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Descent DLC Released Aug 11, 2015, 20:18 ledhead1969

Mac wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 18:51:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 18:42:
Mac wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 18:35:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 17:56:
Played a somewhat boring 68 hours, got too bored to complete it, never touched it again.

One could argue you got your monies worth???

Yeah I guess, but I was mostly forcing my way though it in the hopes it would become good. There were some points that were pretty good. Worth the money? Sure. Best use for the money(talking games here)? Probably not.

I know what you mean - I finished the story, and by the end I was pretty bored ... never killed a dragon through the game, and no great pull to go back and do so ... also, I'll wait until the DLC is on sale before even considering more - my backlog of games is big enough already!

I find it fascinating that you played the game to completion and didn't kill a single dragon.

News Comments > The International Results
13. Re: The International Results Aug 9, 2015, 18:06 ledhead1969

Ferazel wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 17:16:
Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 15:07:
For a video game? That's beyond retarded. Fucking pro athletes are overpaid but at least they have to put real effort in. Our species is doomed.

I hope you're being sarcastic or you're just ignorant about pro-gaming. Your attitude isn't unique, but hopefully one that is slowly changing, so let me give it a shot.

These competitors aren't just casual gamers that play on the weekends with their friends. These are people who live and breathe the game. They spent 8-10 hours of each waking day playing this game and improving their skills. They love doing this, and they are rewarded for doing the thing that they love because people like me enjoy watching people compete at the highest levels of the game. They are fundamentally entertainers just like "real" athletes are. They provides a service that many find entertaining enough to spend their time with and thus are financially rewarded for the time they invest in being the best. They train incredibly hard to be able to play at the level they play at.

If you're angry about why they're getting paid for doing what they love, you should try to understand the viewer. Without the viewers, the players would not be receiving nearly as much money. For most tournaments there are corporate sponsors who subsidize the prize pool. However, in DOTA 2 there is almost always a community factor that increases the prize pool. For example for this tournament $1.6 million was fronted by Valve where the remaining $16.4 million was contributed to by the community for digital items that Valve produces for this tournament. The International is basically an entire season of NFL in 2 weeks of games. This is the one tournament out of the year hosted by Valve (the makers of the game, with interest in promoting the game to more and more people).

To me, watching teams play within the confines of an imaginary battlefield is much more engaging. As a video gamer, who I imagine finds games interesting because of the escapism that it provides, I figured you would understand that. To me are a number of reasons why profession DOTA 2 is more interesting than "real" sports.

• I like playing the game!

• The caster and player personalities are gamers like me, whom I can relate to better than say sports jocks

• The game field/environment is unique and visually interesting. Not a stadium with a bunch of lines on it.

• There are no ties. One person will win, eventually. Also, while you gain leads, the game isn't over until it is over (no arbitrary time limits).

• There is a lot of strategy involved with pick/ban drafting. Heroes each have strengths and weakness and picking a combination of those ahead of time vs another team's is very interesting.

• There is a lot of decisions that must be made by the players instead of being fed instructions (say by an offensive coordinator).

• There are no human referees the games usually run from beginning to end on LANs. There are no human influenced over-reaction fouls or the like. The biggest issues are technical issues like network connections and DDOS attacks.

• There is only simulated carnage and death instead of inflicting that on actual people or animals.

• Your viewpoint is the type of stigma that pro-gaming has to fight to be accepted. For some reason it's ok to watch humans physically interact with each other, to determine who is the best but not ok when it's though the confines of a simulation. Luckily, younger people are much more open to this type of entertainment. If you can't accept it, you can just live in your log cabin stroking your shotgun while the world changes around you or you can try to learn to accept new things.

*fixed

"you can just live in your basement stroking your mouse while the world changes around you or you can try to learn to accept new things."

edit: http://bit.ly/1Wb94iz

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2015, 18:11.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
    3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2015, 17:33 ledhead1969

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 15:45:
    "Knowing it was wrong, you provided material support for a terrorist organization or some other offence... that is the bulwark against prosecuting someone for having an idea or interest," Comey said. "You have to manifest a criminal intent to further the aims prohibited by the statute."

So why aren't they arresting Tea-Partiers in that case?

I love how liberals fail to understand moral equivalence. Go back to your basement, fool.

311 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo