Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1603 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
29. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 06:27 Silicon Avatar

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:35:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:28:
The game needs cats - and cats with laser eyes that shoot bees out of their mouths.

If Bethesda releases an HD texture pack for PC for free I will actually be pretty impressed with them.

IMO, any game that chews up 211 hours of gameplay, then suddenly reveals new castles I have not seen before? Pretty damn impressive.

Beth is like what id used to be... Loving the support they are throwing at the PC... Pretty much since FO3....

^D^

Well, there is that.

I do have a ton of hours in the game - and even more in both Fallout games. I always seem to get more than my money's worth out of Bethesda games even if they do take a little patching.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans
13. Re: Team Fortress 2 Feb 4, 2012, 06:23 Silicon Avatar

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:19:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:18:
I still miss medic's old ability to give people plague. He was so much more fun to play then.

I miss that as well. I also miss Rock2, where the goal was to release the nerve gas and kill the enemy team. There was a limited amount of hazard suits and you'd all be racing to get to them before the gas went off.

Oh yeah! That map was awesome...

23. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday Feb 4, 2012, 01:28 Silicon Avatar

The game needs cats - and cats with laser eyes that shoot bees out of their mouths.

If Bethesda releases an HD texture pack for PC for free I will actually be pretty impressed with them.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 4, 2012, 00:32 Silicon Avatar

Honestly I don't understand Daz's strategy here, but hey free software.

16. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday Feb 4, 2012, 00:25 Silicon Avatar

I'd like to see an official hi-res pack. Half of the ones from the mod community are just resized default textures with a sharpen filter slapped on. I wish modders would quit doing that.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans
5. Re: Team Fortress 2 "Secret Project" Plans Feb 4, 2012, 00:18 Silicon Avatar

I still miss medic's old ability to give people plague. He was so much more fun to play then.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2012, 16:25 Silicon Avatar

IT certs are such a racket.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Turns Two
16. Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two Feb 3, 2012, 06:13 Silicon Avatar

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 03:05:
It's funny how everyone bitches about the amount of combat being un-Trek like, considering:

- The last series most of the fanbase liked was based on a war (DS9.)

- Few liked Voyager because its solution to most problems was "invent new magical technology on the spot."

- Nobody liked Enterprise until it started getting more violent with the most popular episodes being the mirror-universe two parter, where the cast explicitly solves their problems with violence.

- Only two of the movies end in non-violent solutions. Wrath of Khan is by far both the most violent and most popular.

Yeah, that's fine.

The thing is there are exploration missions in STO. If you knew what a pile of fail those were you'd probably understand.

It's still worth checking out for free, but if you're expecting anything as decent as Interplay's old Star Trek games (the high water mark for Trek story games as far as I can tell) then your expectations are too high.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Turns Two
9. Re: Star Trek Online Turns Two Feb 3, 2012, 00:33 Silicon Avatar

I'm a vice admiral. There's not really much left for me to do but fight Borg and get the special Borg equipment. It was fun for a while but now I hardly log in.

Of course I'm not paying for it either so no loss.

Some of the missions are pretty fun. I like that you can solo most of the content. The space combat is pretty fun. The ground combat is okay now. It still isn't awesome but it's better than it was at release. Some of the stories are pretty good.

There are an awful lot of "kill this to get this" style missions though - way too many for Star Trek.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2012, 17:44 Silicon Avatar

All Oklahoma has going for it is natural gas. This latest bill is just another release.

News Comments > Skyrim Patch
14. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 18:59 Silicon Avatar

I tried the beta and it seemed okay. I did notice that if you already had broken quests the patch didn't always fix them. I guess it only kept you from getting a broken quest in the first place. I sort of figured that would happen though. I can just use the console to fix it.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2012, 16:48 Silicon Avatar

I gave up on FF about a month ago. I switched over to Opera and it has been fine.

News Comments > Dark Reign Redux
6. Re: Dark Reign Redux Jan 31, 2012, 15:34 Silicon Avatar

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 14:12:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 14:09:
I always thought this game was pretty good, but it came out at the same time as Total Annihilation and got crushed.

Are you on drugs?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dark-reign-the-future-of-war

No? Are you?

They were released one month apart and TA stomped all over it. Whenever I went to play DA all I heard about was how awesome TA was.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 31, 2012, 14:16 Silicon Avatar

TW doesn't get it and needs to take an economics class.

Movies are a good that has a lot of substitutes. If I can't get a TW movie via Netflix, I don't run out and buy it, I watch a movie made by someone else. The more of their movies I can't see, the less I care about TW.

Idiots.

News Comments > Rovio Positive About Piracy
5. Re: Rovio Positive About Piracy Jan 31, 2012, 14:11 Silicon Avatar

Heh. Of course Angry Birds is singing soft words. They ripped their game idea off of somebody else and slapped new graphics on.  

News Comments > Dark Reign Redux
3. Re: Dark Reign Redux Jan 31, 2012, 14:09 Silicon Avatar

I always thought this game was pretty good, but it came out at the same time as Total Annihilation and got crushed.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 29, 2012, 20:08 Silicon Avatar

The headline should be "Wisconsin wastes windfall."

Then it'd be true - and the kids could learn alliteration.

Those iPads won't last 2 years in the hands of schoolchildren, even if they are kept in a monitored classroom.

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
64. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 20:17 Silicon Avatar

Magic systems, pets, buffs, debuffs, mini-bosses, mob generation, crafting - everything is a system now. You can tell when gamers turn into suits (or sell out to suits). Everything starts tasting like oatmeal.

News Comments > More Diablo III Cuts
54. Re: More Diablo III Cuts Jan 28, 2012, 15:35 Silicon Avatar

Ehhhh.. I'll still play it. I have been on a cliffhanger ending for like 10 years now.

Blizzard games are usually pretty good anyhow. Sometimes I think they are over-polished (yes that is possible). Sometimes I think they are uninspired and derivative too but they're still worth a solid B.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 28, 2012, 02:53 Silicon Avatar

Who would be stupid enough to invest in Facebook? In 5 years it'll be like Myspace is now - sooner if they make enough unpopular changes.

I guess some people are hoping the bubble will get bigger after the IPO? Good luck with that...

1603 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo