Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1574 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Quest 2 Remake
2. Re: Space Quest 2 Remake Jan 21, 2012, 18:16 Silicon Avatar

I own the original on 3.5" diskette. I will try this remake.

It's too bad these sort of click adventures went away. I can sort of see why they needed a rest though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues
23. Re: PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues Jan 21, 2012, 12:45 Silicon Avatar

I sort of remember this game being talked about a long time ago. There were pretty screenshots and then it kind of disappeared off my radar for whatever reason. Now I don't remember why I'm supposed to care or be excited by it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2012, 15:31 Silicon Avatar

That Land Rover Lightweight Air-Portable rig looks like what I'd like to have for my next car, but gas mileage sounds like a downer.

I've never driven stick either so there's another wrinkle.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2012, 11:55 Silicon Avatar

The drivers in my town are crap. I've been hit 2 or 3 times now. Anytime I think about getting a newer car I remember that some turd driver is going to turn it into a junker anyway.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer
18. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 18:43 Silicon Avatar

Antdude wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 16:29:
I'm just barely out of the starting town, and looking forward to a dusty adventure. Any recommendations on where to go or who to kill?

You can try to make a break for New Vegas if you feel lucky. It's better to follow the road the first time through though. If you see cazadores you went the wrong way. LOL.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer
1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 13:55 Silicon Avatar

The DLC were pretty good.

I think the fan favorite was probably Old World Blues.

I liked them all but I got them for cheap on a Steam sale. Maybe people who paid full price have other opinions.

News Comments > Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's
21. Re: Mass Effect Demo for Valentine's Jan 19, 2012, 09:53 Silicon Avatar

Valve nurtures companies. EA kills them. Supporting Steam != supporting Origin. It's not about the DRM. It's about EA being a crap company not worthy of my money.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2012, 14:16 Silicon Avatar

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/060611-windows-8.html

If those are really the 8 hot features of Windows 8 then I'll give it a definite pass.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
57. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 16:55 Silicon Avatar

I can wait until they work it out and get it on Steam. If it takes a year, that's fine. If it never happens, whatever.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jan 13, 2012, 12:42 Silicon Avatar

You should be okay with Ultima 7. You can see where a lot of today's crafting mechanics in RPGs got started. Look up Exult on your favorite search engine for a better experience with it.

News Comments > Minecraft Patched
12. Re: Minecraft Patched Jan 13, 2012, 10:36 Silicon Avatar

I got hooked on Minecraft for a while, but now I'm ambivalent about it.

They never made a good survival mode for it.

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Next Week
14. Re: The Old Republic Update Next Week Jan 13, 2012, 10:34 Silicon Avatar

I like how they padded 30 seconds worth of branding and logos into a video that is really about 65 seconds long.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
47. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 13, 2012, 07:47 Silicon Avatar

Well I tried it with the mod. Visually it looks pretty good. The story doesn't seem to be there? I just keep finding guys who give me fetch quests and babble Russian.

I'll keep trying though. Maybe it's just that the first encampment is underwhelming.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2012, 18:51 Silicon Avatar

I never played the original X-Com so I'm looking forward to the remake. I'll get to see the entire series with fresh eyes.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
35. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 12, 2012, 11:24 Silicon Avatar

I bought Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl a long time ago in a value pack combo deal from Steam. I never tried it but I think I will download that "complete" mod and give it a whirl.

It's weird that the developer won't deny rumors of closing down. It makes me think that they are, but if they're still developing it also makes me think they're frantically shopping around for someone else to fund them. Maybe they will make it.

Haha. I got it. Interplay should fund them. The internet fury would be so awesome.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2012, 10:47 Silicon Avatar

Black markets (piracy) exist when demand exceeds supply at the price point most of the market is willing to bear.

The industry took a two-pronged approach to reduce the black market: lowered price points (Steam sales) and legislation.

One was popular and one wasn't. Steam is succeeding and other companies are still griping and complaining and trying to buy politicians.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 11, 2012, 07:39 Silicon Avatar

I don't think a factory revolt in China would do anything other than land you in some rock quarry beating rocks out of the wall with your hands.

I remember reading recently than Foxconn was prepping to replace a significant amount of its workforce with robots over the next few years. I guess the workers will get the double-shaft then - crap job followed up by no job.

Bad situation. The whole tech hardware industry has ridden on the back of the poor. A repeat of the industrial revolution I guess. Poor people always get the shaft.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
51. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 07:35 Silicon Avatar

iD seems like it doesn't have any passion left.

I get the sense that Carmack is just at iD to finance his rocketry business/hobby these days. His divided attention is starting to show in the quality of his games. It's like the company doesn't have any leadership or inspiration left.

News Comments > Nyrthos Announced
3. Re: Nyrthos Announced Jan 10, 2012, 14:14 Silicon Avatar

If they had made it in a different setting I might be interested. How come nobody makes a good cyber dungeon or something like that?

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 10, 2012, 00:01 Silicon Avatar

I sort of like where they went with the new Gamma World.

I skipped all the D&D4E stuff since I heard it was bad.

I think D&D is overly-complicated in general though. It borders on being too complicated to learn on your own. A new DM having to explain the game to new players is comedic to watch. It shouldn't be hat way. It should be easy and fun to learn and then hard to master once you really get into it.

1574 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo