Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1564 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com
4. Re: Good Old Games Becomes GOG.com Mar 27, 2012, 12:04 Silicon Avatar

I thought the whole point of GOG was making old games run on Windows 7 and then selling the package for cheap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 25, 2012, 10:18 Silicon Avatar

Call center jobs are high stress, low pay, dead-ends that nobody lasts at more than a couple years.

It's basically a crappy retail job with a never-ending stream of pissed off customers.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
20. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 08:01 Silicon Avatar

CythrawL wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 23:48:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 23:14:
Too bad. I was interested until you guys said it was short.

What's a dungeon crawl with no crawl? I need at least 50 levels to get an old-school fix out of this.

Umm Dungeon Master had only 14 levels. The design and puzzles made it feel like there was MUCH more..

Eye of the Beholder 1 had even less at only 12 levels. But still it was a solid game that many people put a lot of time into.

Eye of the Beholder 2 had 15 levels, only ONE more than Dungeon Master. And yet MANY people would swear if felt like a LOT more than that..

Seriously where did YOU get your old school Dungeon crawl fix?

Might and Magic series. Those games were often huge. That is what I was hoping for.

Eye of the Beholder was pretty good, so I'll give you that. EOB lasted longer than ten hours though.

We'll see.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
10. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 23, 2012, 23:14 Silicon Avatar

Too bad. I was interested until you guys said it was short.

What's a dungeon crawl with no crawl? I need at least 50 levels to get an old-school fix out of this.

News Comments > Stardock 2011 Customer Report
20. Re: Stardock 2011 Customer Report Mar 22, 2012, 05:36 Silicon Avatar

Is anyone else making a Galciv style game? That's all I really want. GalCiv 2 was a lot of fun with its ship customization (that was awesome) but it is getting long in the tooth.

Oh and if this guy supports Glen Beck I definitely need another place to get my 4x fix from.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Update; Fargo Says: "Kick It Forward"
28. Re: Wasteland 2 Update; Fargo Says: "Kick It Forward" Mar 21, 2012, 18:04 Silicon Avatar

I don't care about tablets but I'd kick more money in for good mod tools.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned
79. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 18:01 Silicon Avatar

This reads like somebody from a pro. PR disaster firm wrote it.

Affirm the detractors, offer the olive branch, reaffirm the product's standing.. It's so formulaic that I'd be sort of insulted if I were a big fan of Bioware.

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
46. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 21, 2012, 05:37 Silicon Avatar

deqer wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 02:33:
Illumin wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 00:40:
God I hate politicians. Do they even really care about America and its people anymore?
Nope. The world is too big to care. Every man for himself. The only people keeping this world "in check", are Christians. But once they're gone, the world will fall.

You're all just a name and number.

Yeah. It's true. That's why countries like Japan, which only has a small Christian population, are in total chaos right now.

Oh wait...

Seriously, you have got to be a troll. Try harder.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
19. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2012, 05:35 Silicon Avatar

I made it to level 41 or so before starting over. I'd finished the quest and done everything that I wanted to do for my "good" character.

Now I'm going to try some mods and run a "bad" character.

The game does get a little stale sometimes though. I think it has a lot to do with not having enough monster variety. Draugr are all about the same when it comes to beating them, for example. Skyrim needs some monsters that make you change up your tactics really badly. They went with "action" combat and didn't vary the action nearly enough IMO.

I'm still playing mainly because of mods. They save Bethesda games for me every time.

News Comments > SimCity Engine Trailer
14. Re: SimCity Engine Trailer Mar 20, 2012, 12:25 Silicon Avatar

I wish they had continued to develop SimLife. I guess they sort of did with The Sims, but it's not the same.

SimCity looks like it'd be interesting, but if it's going to be tied up with Origin and DLC then I'll probably just wait.

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga Correction
14. Re: Wing Commander Saga Correction Mar 18, 2012, 23:56 Silicon Avatar

Teddy wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 17:07:
Prez wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 16:53:
Is EA going to "FOX" this now???

Just wait until it's released and shows any signs of popularity. Then it'll get stepped on and EA will announce an official Wing Commander reboot or something like that.

Maybe.

That's the danger with unofficial remakes though. You put a ton of effort into something you don't own and it might get taken away from you at the last second.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend
8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 12:53 Silicon Avatar

You'd think they would have test groups for this stuff like movies do. If the test group hates the ending then it gets changed before release.

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 12:44 Silicon Avatar

Maybe this is just the initial round of hate that every game gets and after it all dies down things will be okay. I didn't buy the game initially so I'm going to wait around and see what it is like in a year or so.

The Bioware forums are really lit up though. I haven't seen so many angry fans in a while.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 17, 2012, 12:17 Silicon Avatar

Wow the thread about the ME3 ending has 40198 replies.

That is a lot of hate.

News Comments > Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game"
1. Re: Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game" Mar 17, 2012, 12:06 Silicon Avatar

Funny. I finally just got around to finishing Portal 2 today. It was a lot of fun to go through. The characters were neat and the ending was just... Pretty cool.

I guess I need to try the multiplayer mode now.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 12:04 Silicon Avatar

ME2 was good and worth playing.

From what I heard of ME3 and the ending in particular I am inclined to think of ME3 as optional and just pretend the game ended with ME2.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near
74. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 21:28 Silicon Avatar

Wasteland 2 gets funded after a 20 year wait and gamers celebrate by arguing the merits of payment processing systems.

The internet is awesome.

It reminds me that I still actually need to donate though. I just haven't decided what level I want to part with. Anyone want to cough up $9950? I want to go to the party.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near
21. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 12:12 Silicon Avatar

It has to be better than Fountain of Dreams, amirite? Somebody out there knows what I'm talking about.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 16, 2012, 11:44 Silicon Avatar

That would be pretty cool if Paypal weren't doing it. They don't have the greatest reputation for customer service or being fair.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 Silicon Avatar

I wasn't actually expecting any more official patches for this game, much less one that adds some new stuff.

You can try the Unofficial Skyrim Patch beta mod now too. That one isn't from Bethesda. It's a mod that fixes bugs in the game that Bethesda probably won't ever fix with official patches.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1358353-beta-unofficial-skyrim-patch-thread-2/

1564 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo