Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1533 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend
8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 12:53 Silicon Avatar

You'd think they would have test groups for this stuff like movies do. If the test group hates the ending then it gets changed before release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 12:44 Silicon Avatar

Maybe this is just the initial round of hate that every game gets and after it all dies down things will be okay. I didn't buy the game initially so I'm going to wait around and see what it is like in a year or so.

The Bioware forums are really lit up though. I haven't seen so many angry fans in a while.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 17, 2012, 12:17 Silicon Avatar

Wow the thread about the ME3 ending has 40198 replies.

That is a lot of hate.

News Comments > Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game"
1. Re: Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game" Mar 17, 2012, 12:06 Silicon Avatar

Funny. I finally just got around to finishing Portal 2 today. It was a lot of fun to go through. The characters were neat and the ending was just... Pretty cool.

I guess I need to try the multiplayer mode now.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Challenge Weekend Mar 17, 2012, 12:04 Silicon Avatar

ME2 was good and worth playing.

From what I heard of ME3 and the ending in particular I am inclined to think of ME3 as optional and just pretend the game ended with ME2.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near
74. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 21:28 Silicon Avatar

Wasteland 2 gets funded after a 20 year wait and gamers celebrate by arguing the merits of payment processing systems.

The internet is awesome.

It reminds me that I still actually need to donate though. I just haven't decided what level I want to part with. Anyone want to cough up $9950? I want to go to the party.

21. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 12:12 Silicon Avatar

It has to be better than Fountain of Dreams, amirite? Somebody out there knows what I'm talking about.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 16, 2012, 11:44 Silicon Avatar

That would be pretty cool if Paypal weren't doing it. They don't have the greatest reputation for customer service or being fair.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 Silicon Avatar

I wasn't actually expecting any more official patches for this game, much less one that adds some new stuff.

You can try the Unofficial Skyrim Patch beta mod now too. That one isn't from Bethesda. It's a mod that fixes bugs in the game that Bethesda probably won't ever fix with official patches.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1358353-beta-unofficial-skyrim-patch-thread-2/

11. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarted; OS X and Linux Thresholds Near Mar 16, 2012, 11:27 Silicon Avatar

wtf_man wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:40:
I'm on the fence about backing this one. I never played the first one, yet I like old-school PC games that are modernized for today's resolutions and OS's (they don't necessarily have to be graphical masterpieces.. but not pre-millenium either).

Anyone have any experiences with the first game that would convince me to back this project?

Wasteland was awesome. It was Fallout's daddy. For $15 you're not out much if it's a bomb, but I seriously doubt it will be. These aren't green developers. They're seasoned pros.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 11:22 Silicon Avatar

I thought I just read that they weren't really all that interested in doing MMOs. I think this rumor is bogus. I hope it is too.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs
61. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 08:43 Silicon Avatar

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=35262

Oh I forgot to mention that I have to use that or I get a weird stuttering effect in the game. My FPS aren't low it just stutters without it. It has something to do with timers.

60. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 16, 2012, 08:40 Silicon Avatar

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 05:43:
How do you figure Fo2 didn't have a 50's or 60's vibe with New Reno? It obviously wasn't as pronounced but the vibe was sure as shit classic gambling town schtick. It was rougher, but FO3 and FO3:NV also take place after the fact where the major centers are coming more up to speed as well.

My big problem wiht FO3 and NV is how they deal with the BOS. Which IMO would have grown susbstantially in those sorts of circumstances and not diminish. Hell, I'd still like to see a BOS focused game in the FO universe.

The BOS had all the tools to thrive but they seem to have had bad leadership as generations went on. Instead of making communities and growing an economy they withdrew into their bunkers and wouldn't let anyone play with their toys. Maybe the leaders had plans for later on, but never implemented them or waited too long to implement them.

I can see why they would split up into a bunch of BOS factions. Their leaders were short-sighted.

The BOS is one of those really cool groups that kind of got the bone end of the story. But I can see why it might turn out that way.

27. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 15, 2012, 22:56 Silicon Avatar

Tumbler wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 21:52:
Ill have to pick up the complete version that showed up recently. Sounds like this is worth a second shot.

It is. It really is.

You'll need to mod it though. Look at NMC's texeture pack and Mission Mojave to start.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=43135

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=45104

Most of the stuff in the Top list at the Nexus is worth browsing too, plus plenty of other stuff that didn't make the list.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/top/

Vanilla FNV is good by itself but really there's no reason not to at least mod the textures and slap a bug-fix mod on. The ultimate FNV pack is definitely worth the $5 or $10 or whatever it costs if you use mods.

4. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Bonus Missed by 1 Point; Obsidian Layoffs Mar 15, 2012, 21:02 Silicon Avatar

That's too bad because it's a great game with all the DLC.

On the other hand, they released it as a buggy mess. All the worst reviews probably came up when the game came out. Avellone needs to think about THAT.

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning
70. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Ending; Wasteland 2 Kickstart Beginning Mar 13, 2012, 21:36 Silicon Avatar

That is awesome. I had $10,000 saved for this but Biker Scum stole it. Now they will have to settle for $15 and a legion ear.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Mar 13, 2012, 05:50 Silicon Avatar

I'm sure EA will happily sell fans a DLC that changes the ending.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 13, 2012, 05:47 Silicon Avatar

Another BS troll article.

One point is true though - IT is becoming a commodity. Virtualization and imaging technologies make standard IT "tech" positions get condensed into fewer jobs at most companies. One person can image hundreds of PCs over a network over many locations. If data is stored off-site then the user can be up and running in a short time no matter what is wrong with the PC (assuming no hardware failure).

The author thinks workers are becoming more technologically savvy though and that makes me laugh. Users aren't getting tech savvy - they're buying commercial commodity hardware like iPad and coming into work thinking they are tech savvy.

Businesses have a hard-on for dumb terminals again because the economy is bad and they think they can make a savings by going the server route again. This flip-flop has been happening since the PC was invented.

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
12. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 17:00 Silicon Avatar

Scrolls is still a forgettably generic crap name and I don't see why Notch fought so hard to use it.

It's like naming your game "Beige".

News Comments > Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter Update
12. Re: Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter Update Mar 11, 2012, 01:53 Silicon Avatar

Kickstarter stuff is making the rounds. Anything that gets funded anymore will have to have a big pedigree, a ton of people marketing it on big sites, or just be a stupendous must have product. I suspect the easy Kickstarter money is gone. The big boys have moved in.

1533 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo