Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1548 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
36. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 22:59 Silicon Avatar

The Pod Racer game was actually pretty good and I'd sort of like to have a sequel to it. As racing games went I liked it. It just suffered from some game balance problems (once you got your pod upgraded it was hard to lose) and a lack of tracks.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 1, 2012, 12:34 Silicon Avatar

California seems like it'd be more fun to visit than live in.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 1, 2012, 12:22 Silicon Avatar

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:17:
And people wonder why they hate the west.

If people wonder why they hate the west maybe they ought to consider the reasons.

But I get what you were going for.

I'm sure China has its own program to launch viruses against any number of targets and has probably done so in the past and will do so in the future. Viruses aren't exactly a western exclusive.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2012, 23:06 Silicon Avatar

He made some good movies. The latest ones haven't been so great. Maybe he will be happier making his "indie" films.

The last 3 SW movies weren't up to par. I guess he doesn't "get" that (which is too bad) but then he doesn't owe anyone anything either.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 27, 2012, 19:03 Silicon Avatar

Neat. Trespass in somebody's building for 2 months and get $50,000 in seed money because you're "tenacious".

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 26, 2012, 18:09 Silicon Avatar

I doubt Ghostery would help much if Facebook actually bought the browser. Besides, Ghostery has a giant "Friend us on Facebook" button right on their front page. That's not exactly inspiring for a company that's supposedly dedicated to privacy.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 26, 2012, 13:58 Silicon Avatar

If Facebook buys Opera I guess I'll have to quit using Opera. That's too bad.

News Comments > Two Guys From Andromeda Prototype 2
1. Re: Two Guys From Andromeda Prototype 2 May 25, 2012, 11:48 Silicon Avatar

I could probably scrape up a few buckazoids for this.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 23, 2012, 13:34 Silicon Avatar

Broadband providers shouldn't be able to "not count" their own video streaming services against user data caps just to shut down Netflix. That part of the plan really isn't fair.

The rest of the tiered data plan ideas reek too, come to think of it. Nice to see the FCC chairman being fair and keeping the consumers in mind. *roll eyes*

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2012, 14:14 Silicon Avatar

Facebook seems like a short term investment and it seems really over-valued for what it is. Didn't anyone learn anything from Myspace? People switch social networking sites like tissue paper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2012, 12:45 Silicon Avatar

Cloud computing kills the desktop PC just like dumb terminals took over the market and... Oh.

Every time the economy takes a downturn the idea of dumb terminals comes back with a new name. Every single time.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 16, 2012, 10:34 Silicon Avatar

Dragon Shout app seems okay - and it's free too. That's the risk you run when you try to piggy-back on somebody else's IP though. They might not like it, no matter how benevolent or innocent you are. It's theirs. That's the thing with "intellectual property". It's a big private bag of tricks and you are not invited to play with it unless you do so in the prescribed manner. That is what copyright and patent laws have left us with - a culture defined by the products we buy instead of the stuff we make.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
176. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:16 Silicon Avatar

I'm sure this game will be fine, but I'm not as excited about it as I was when it was announced. I think I can wait. There have been some good movies coming out lately. I might hit a theater instead.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 15, 2012, 02:19 Silicon Avatar

Trading saved games with your friends might be interesting.

Wii was fun for a while but waggle controls were over-used. Not every game needed them yet Nintendo was intent on slapping them on everything.

Wii U is going to have to be awesome before I'll get interested.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 13, 2012, 09:34 Silicon Avatar

I went laser a few months ago. The ink on my inkjet kept drying up even when I wasn't using it and at $30-$50 a pop it was too expensive to bother with. When I need color I take it down to a print shop.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2012, 14:49 Silicon Avatar

The point is that when our most educated people aren't getting work it discourages people to get more education overall. That's not good. Filling up trade schools with overqualified people isn't going to help the economy or the country overall.

You want the smartest people out exercising their talents in your country, not spraying lawns and fitting pipes - or wandering off to other countries where they are paid for their knowledge.

You could replace the lady in the article with any number of PhDs in hard sciences who can't find jobs right now. I know one personally.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2012, 10:46 Silicon Avatar

The comments in that "From graduate school to welfare" story are more informative than the article. You can see how people really think (IE people are hypocrites with very little compassion).

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
5. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 7, 2012, 20:59 Silicon Avatar

All I want out of a Star Wars style MMO is X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter: The MMO.

I'm still waiting.

News Comments > On EA and Indies
18. Re: On EA and Indies May 6, 2012, 10:32 Silicon Avatar

If the games couldn't have been made without EAP's help, they're not indie.

EA doesn't get it and they never will. Other publishers at least try to make games. EA just tries to make money.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 5, 2012, 10:01 Silicon Avatar

I guess I don't use DVD movies much anymore, but if I want to it's going to be a hassle with Win 8.

That's the thing. Now it's a marketing problem. "Win 8 charges you more to do what you could do for "free" in Win 7".

That's all people are going to hear.

That's sort of all I hear, honestly. I haven't seen anything about Win 8 that makes me want to upgrade at all.

1548 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo