Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1587 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 2, 2012, 01:29 Silicon Avatar

I was hoping for the actual classic games. That would have been nostalgic.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced
15. Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Aug 31, 2012, 13:58 Silicon Avatar

Is that the same Van Caneghem who used to run New World Computing and do all those Might and Magic games?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2012, 10:28 Silicon Avatar

Meh. I hope this gets worked out by Christmas. I sort of wanted one of the Galaxy phones. I'm sure as hell not spending any money on Apple.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2012, 19:15 Silicon Avatar

Samsung says it's the consumer's champion and Apple is riding on smug righteousness.

In the end it's still two mega-corporations fapping over what peons will get to buy when the lawyers are through.

No consumer is going to win here.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2012, 22:45 Silicon Avatar

Maybe investors will finally figure out that the "I'm bored at work" market isn't all that lucrative.  

News Comments > Armada Online Kickstarter
6. Re: Armada Online Kickstarter Aug 24, 2012, 22:44 Silicon Avatar

This sort of reminds me of Net Trek without the Trek - if anyone remembers that moldy oldie.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 24, 2012, 18:41 Silicon Avatar

MS needs to bring the awesome if they expect me to fork out and so far I'm not seeing it.

I don't care about metro or the little store they're trying to build on top of it. If that is their main selling point for Win8 then I'll pass.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2012, 18:30 Silicon Avatar

How top of a talent do you need to be in order to make crap like Farmville?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2012, 12:56 Silicon Avatar

Haha . I remember when John Titor came to a forum I used to read.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2012, 23:56 Silicon Avatar

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 21:12:
Why the hell would anyone bring a class action suit against ebay anyway? They're just a virtual broker.

Ebay owns Paypal and there are plenty of people mad at Paypal.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
42. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 09:50 Silicon Avatar

Soo...

The stuff he listed - like the auction house short-circuiting player progress pacing and the inability to set monster difficulty...

Those are pretty obvious flaws, are they not? I mean, one of them was something you could do in D2. Why wouldn't they include that in D3?

It's like they made a game and learned nothing from their past title and thought little about how new inclusions would affect things.

Poor design.

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Name Revived
15. Re: Black Isle Studios Name Revived Aug 22, 2012, 15:24 Silicon Avatar

I just watched the Battlechess footage and I'm not surprised that it wasn't funded.

Crotch-grabbing knight vs. Queen doing the robot didn't come close to selling it for me.

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Name Revived
7. Re: Black Isle Studios Name Revived Aug 22, 2012, 14:18 Silicon Avatar

More like Black Pile.

Steaming Black Pile.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
22. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 11:07 Silicon Avatar

I don't know what they're talking about with the 95% piracy rate. They must be mashing all the world game piracy statistics together instead of focusing on having different products and different price points for different markets.

Ubisoft doesn't understand economics or statistics.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
42. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 19:35 Silicon Avatar

Jivaro wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:45:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 15:12:
I didn't get the game right away and now it'll probably be a long time before I bother. The gameplay just looks stale.

Personally, if you held out this long...just wait for the next ARPG that grabs your attention. Just my opinion of course, but I feel like I only bought the game because as strongly as I felt about things like the RMAH and the always-online requirement, my love for Diablo and my curiosity about where they would take the story kept me believing that Blizzard would push out another game that despite its "on paper" downsides was "in reality" incredibly fun to play.

I was wrong and I hate that I gave them the 60 dollars that basically says "I am the customer and I will pay you to fuck me and one of my favorite franchises all to hell". I mean, the story isn't even good, let alone the gameplay. If I could have made myself wait this long, I think I would probably just satisfy my ARPG itch with Path of Exile until Grim Dawn and Torchlight 2 hit....skipping D3 all together. Obviously, just an opinion...but man I would love to be able to take that purchase back.

I'm past the "I want it because it's Diablo 3" stage.

I think I'll just sit skip it for now and finish other games I already own.

Nobody really seems to be all that satisfied with the game and sixty bucks is sixty bucks.

So if it helps you can say you convinced me to wait (maybe forever) and cut your sixty bucks to thirty.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
35. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 15:12 Silicon Avatar

I didn't get the game right away and now it'll probably be a long time before I bother. The gameplay just looks stale.  

News Comments > etc.
41. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 15:19 Silicon Avatar

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 14:33:
I didn't even realize that they were going to do Fallout 4. I mean, after New Vegas, I kind of figured they'd follow that naming convention. Fallout: Bean Town. Fallout: New New York. Fallout: We're milking this shit dry!

I don't know why, but I'm not really too excited by this. Hopefully they update the engine in a major way. I'd love to see a full remake of the first one.

FO:NV was sort of a spin-off so I'm not surprised they went back to numbered releases.

If you want a redo of Fallout 1 then you should probably look at Wasteland 2 when it comes out.

I'd imagine the FO4 engine would be similar to Skyrim's.

News Comments > etc.
32. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 14:09 Silicon Avatar

DeadlyAccurate wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:51:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:39:
Eh.. I was hoping FO4 would go west.

Also this rumor sounds shaky.

I'd still like to see what they can do with the new engine. I was always mad they didn't do a DLC to cover the android base they hinted at in FO3 so if they actually do cover that then I guess Boston is okay.

I'd like to see them go outside the US.

I guess it could be done. The US's anti-communist propaganda and 1950's era jingoism is baked into the setting though. It would feel like a different series..

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Aug 20, 2012, 11:39 Silicon Avatar

Eh.. I was hoping FO4 would go west.

Also this rumor sounds shaky.

I'd still like to see what they can do with the new engine. I was always mad they didn't do a DLC to cover the android base they hinted at in FO3 so if they actually do cover that then I guess Boston is okay.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots
9. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots Aug 20, 2012, 11:35 Silicon Avatar

RailWizard wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:24:
What kind of fucking retards advertises on Facebook???

Pretty much everything has a FB page now.

1587 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo