Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1547 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs?
59. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 14:28 Silicon Avatar

So some mobo company will solder chips to a board and then that board will plug into a motherboard.

But honestly, when was the last time anyone built a gaming rig and then decided "I want to upgrade just the cpu?"

I guess this might affect overclockers, but it seems to me that most of the benefits of overclocking were wiped away a few years ago. I never even think about it anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Nov 25, 2012, 00:00 Silicon Avatar

If imagined gamer slights are all Cliffski has to worry about these days he really ought to just shut up.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 00:40 Silicon Avatar

There were some pretty good deals around, but I didn't go out anywhere for anything. I found them all online. slickdeals.net pretty much tells you where to go to get what you want. If it's not listed there then it probably wasn't on sale.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 21, 2012, 21:48 Silicon Avatar

I got rear-ended by some woman who was texting while driving. I'm sick of people being so caught up on the net that they can't take 5 minutes to drive properly. If your life is that busy ride a bus or hire a taxi..  

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
38. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 19:06 Silicon Avatar

So the solution is for Croteam not to make their next game a tiled app and sell it on Steam instead of through the MS Store. You know, like since time began. It works fine.

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta
4. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta Nov 17, 2012, 13:12 Silicon Avatar

BF is coming up next week. I don't know if I'd bite on that deal or wait.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2012, 20:09 Silicon Avatar

If it's Guy Fieri - a dude who is a chef, has his own TV show, owns several restaurants, and promotes charities VS. some dude who eats food and talks about it on a newspaper I'm gonna have to go with Guy.

News Comments > Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch
6. Re: Hero-U Kickstarter Homestretch Nov 15, 2012, 18:52 Silicon Avatar

I already spent my money on the 2 Guys from Andromeda and their Space Quest clone/remake. Sorry Roberta.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 15, 2012, 00:44 Silicon Avatar

They should scan all their old issues and put them online.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 11, 2012, 18:51 Silicon Avatar

CNN is dying. Netcraft confirmed it.  

News Comments > Molyneux's Curious PC Curiosity Explanation
3. Re: Molyneux's Curious PC Curiosity Explanation Nov 9, 2012, 22:53 Silicon Avatar

Sooo... You download an app and then tap a cube with your finger until it reveals the next layer of cube.

I was going to say that it sucked but then I realized that I just described the basic gameplay of Minecraft.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2012, 19:26 Silicon Avatar

If Amazon had a better anime streaming section I'd probably get Prime. Their selection is too limited for it to replace Netflix for me -> yet.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Patched Nov 3, 2012, 16:12 Silicon Avatar

I'm still playing but I use a lot of mods.

I wish Bethesda would come out with a patch that fixes the nasty blocky shadows. Everything else is pretty but shadows look like they came out of 1999.

As far as stability goes I have not seen a crash in forever. It is very stable for me.

132. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2012, 00:14 Silicon Avatar

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 22:16:
Well, since we're talking campfires, let's talk ghost stories (what's a campfire without some ghost stories?). Ghost stories as in horror movies that is. In the spirit of Halloween it is a yearly tradition for me to watch a bunch of horror movies, both old and new. Last night I watched "Absentia" on Netflix, and despite its low budget I thought it was a damn fine movie. The ending credits said that the movie was a kickstarter project and listed all of the names of the biggest donors in the credits. I thought that was pretty neat.

There is a film called Marebito that is pretty good. It seems low budget and you probably have to read subtitles (I can't remember now) but I enjoyed it. I think it is still on Netflix but maybe only as a DVD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marebito_(film)

124. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 21:56 Silicon Avatar

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:26:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 20:25:
This is kinda like sittin around the campfire shootin' the shit isn't it?

Kinda nice!

I want a marshmallow.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 22, 2012, 23:32 Silicon Avatar

Win 8 runs and works pretty much just like Win 7. The metro screen everyone flips out about is basically optional. I've been running Win 8 for over a month now with classic shell installed.

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

It's fine. The UI is just not the big deal everyone says it is. With that said, there is not that much reason to really upgrade either. I'd call it a boring update to be honest. If people weren't screaming about the UI then there'd hardly be any buzz at all.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 20, 2012, 19:26 Silicon Avatar

It's cool when Android updates but it seems like it takes forever for the updates to get distributed.  

News Comments > Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter
15. Re: Quest for Glory Creators' New Kickstarter Oct 20, 2012, 11:55 Silicon Avatar

Saying "anime manga" style is like saying "western art" style. It's too broad to have any meaning.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Kickstarter
27. Re: Star Citizen Adds Kickstarter Oct 19, 2012, 09:45 Silicon Avatar

I like that all these "old" designers are coming out of the woodwork to make new games. I will hate to see the gamer rage when one or more of them doesn't deliver.

But that's just the nature of Kickstarter and it's probably better that people are reminded of it constantly. You're paying in to projects that you might not get. You might be throwing money down a hole. There are plenty of big-name designers who have wasted millions and failed to deliver.

The last I remember coming out of Chris Roberts was that horrible Wing Commander movie.

I still wish he'd do a Bad Blood remake though.

News Comments > More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints
20. Re: More "Dragonborn" Skyrim DLC Hints Oct 17, 2012, 20:27 Silicon Avatar

What was a slap in the face about the Hearthfire DLC? It's 5 bucks and totally optional.

Requiring Hearthfire for all future DLC would be a slap in the face. I don't get the big rage about it.

1547 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo