Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1587 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
10. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 11:45 Silicon Avatar

His "exploit" requires you to have access to the console.

Wow. What a non-story. There are probably a million ways to make the game crash or otherwise screw up when you have access to the console.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization May 9, 2013, 09:50 Silicon Avatar

Trucks, etc. all come in automatic too. It's an okay skill to have, but you can go an entire lifetime and never need or use it.

If that kids parents think a manual is going to keep him from texting and driving, well... That's cute.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 09:52 Silicon Avatar

PC Manufacturers without tablets or mobile devices angry they didn't release a tablet or mobile device - blame it on Windows 8.

That's my version of the headline.

Seriously, if your big sales push relies on somebody else to hype up the entire industry you'll just have to take the lumps that are handed to you.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 19, 2013, 01:19 Silicon Avatar

It's not that problematic. Keep proper sales records and fork them over to a CPA. Build that cost into your Kickstarter. Problem over.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2013, 14:45 Silicon Avatar

If DF ever gets a decent interface I will definitely check it out again. At the moment it's a little too grognard for me. I just don't have that kind of time to invest.

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
30. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 14:35 Silicon Avatar

Huh. I actually thought they would do more DLC than that for Skyrim.

I'm more than ready for FO4 though. I don't really care who makes it at this point. Both Obsidian and Bethesda had their good points for that game.

News Comments > Starbound Preorders
23. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 14, 2013, 22:55 Silicon Avatar

I never played Terraria but this looks fun.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2013, 14:59 Silicon Avatar

InBlack wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 09:42:
Take it from me. I have it at work. Apart from performance (which is on par with Win7) Windows8 is the worst windows ever released by Microsoft.

No it's still not worse than Windows ME.

Windows 8 is basically just like 7 if you run the classic shell.

PC sales are probably slumping because there's no reason to upgrade as often anymore. Desktop computers got "fast enough" for most people a few years ago and when you have a desktop that's "fast enough" and you have cash to burn, you start looking at tablets and smartphones and other gadgets like that.

My desktop from ages ago will still run most of the new games at high settings. Why upgrade? Well, I still did because I enjoy building them and I'm a gamer, but most won't.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
23. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 16:38 Silicon Avatar

I'm giving Garriot one more shot with this so I hope he goes all out. Ultima 5 was my personal favorite. I thought 5, 6, and 7 were the best of the entire series.  

News Comments > Distant Worlds Expansion Announced
9. Re: Distant Worlds Expansion Announced Apr 6, 2013, 22:47 Silicon Avatar

I looked at this a while back and the price for the whole bundle turned me off.

Now I'm looking at Stardrive on Steam instead.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220660

News Comments > Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter
5. Re: Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter Apr 5, 2013, 00:16 Silicon Avatar

http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is a pretty fun Roguelike. I'm going to check out Infinite Space whether it's a Roguelike or a close-enoughlike or maybe a whateverlike. It still might be fun.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Delay
16. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Delay Apr 3, 2013, 14:35 Silicon Avatar

It makes sense. They added more stuff to do so they have to add more development time. I'm cool with that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2013, 14:18 Silicon Avatar

I just buy Nintendo consoles for Zelda and Mario - so whenever they release those games I'll look at Wii U. By then it will probably have had a price drop too.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2013, 09:50 Silicon Avatar

Some big, dumb, company that hates emulation will find a hardware patent violation and then stomp all over Ouya.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2013, 09:41 Silicon Avatar

Is watching more Youtube and less TV really generational (aside from Boomers)?

Seems to me like it's just something everyone 40 and under is just doing by default.

News Comments > BioWare's New IP
8. Re: BioWare's New IP Mar 25, 2013, 09:39 Silicon Avatar

I look to Obsidian for games now. Bioware and EA are synonymous to me these days.  

News Comments > Might & Magic X Legacy Announced
17. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 22:42 Silicon Avatar

Instant buy.  

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer
2. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer Mar 20, 2013, 21:42 Silicon Avatar

I sort of wanted to like it, but after seeing them in motion the new Gorn just come off as generic lizardmen straight out of any RPG.

They don't even wear clothes. At least they could have kept their weird compound eyes. Meh.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
26. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2013, 14:14 Silicon Avatar

avianflu wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 10:29:

Garriot is trying to alienate all of his game dev peers in one fell swoop.

Well, it's true. But he's set for life and can say what he wants. Maybe some of the designers will even wake up. Maybe it'll be good to have someone around who doesn't have to worry about his next paycheck, yet still seems to have a real interest in actual gaming. He can go out into the industry press and shake some trees.

Or maybe he's just a really good self-promoter and is using his press time to make a lot of noise so his Kickstarter gets even more money.

We won't really know the answer to that until everyone sees what he's made.

This could even be one of those John Romero moments where we witness the beginning of the end.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Funded: Adds Stretch Goals
10. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Funded: Adds Stretch Goals Mar 19, 2013, 20:35 Silicon Avatar

I share the same sentiment. I got in at $25 mostly to see what Richard Garriot can do. I'm not 100% that he is even a good designer anymore, but I'll give him one more shot for old time's sake.  

1587 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo