Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1574 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > New Star Wars Battlefront Announced
4. Re: New Star Wars Battlefront Announced Jun 10, 2013, 21:04 Silicon Avatar

EA's insistence on using Origin for everything just makes me skip their games. If they get around to figuring out Steam then I'll consider it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Might & Magic X Legacy Website Invites Participation
5. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Website Invites Participation Jun 6, 2013, 22:42 Silicon Avatar

I miss Arcomage too.

I hope they keep the humor and weird stuff and tons of secret areas.

I remember spending waaaaaay too many turns beating Q in some secret area I found.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2013, 12:21 Silicon Avatar

I didn't feel like I got the whole story.

His personal life aside, it seems like he had high unrealistic expectations going in and not enough experience with temp jobs to know how to handle it properly.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
35. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2013, 20:09 Silicon Avatar

I wish the charms bar was activated by a button on the start menu (or next to the start menu) instead of being activated by a corner mouse placement.

Other than that I've started finally using the "real" Win 8 interface and am actually starting to like it. With the start screen I can pin what I want to use to that and then for the obscure stuff I can just use the search tool. Now that I have all my favorites pinned it's more efficient (for me) than the regular start menu ever was.

20. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 17, 2013, 21:53 Silicon Avatar

I just went to a conference where MS showed off a lot of stuff, including Win 8 on a touchscreen.

For presentation lecterns, Windows 8 with touch is awesome. For the desktop the interface is seriously meh. If they had just done a dual mode they would have been so much better off.

Beyond that MS has a ton of really useful tools for enterprise needs. That helps them make money hand over fist. They could probably shut down their whole OS division and still be a corporate behemoth.

News Comments > Cube World Trailer
13. Re: Cube World Trailer May 13, 2013, 09:49 Silicon Avatar

I'm interested. It looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 11:53 Silicon Avatar

That comic had it spot-on.

I wish the board games that included novel-length manuals would include a few hours worth of tutorials on Youtube. I just don't have the patience to wade through all that, but I could pick it up pretty easily with 20 minutes of video.

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
10. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 11:45 Silicon Avatar

His "exploit" requires you to have access to the console.

Wow. What a non-story. There are probably a million ways to make the game crash or otherwise screw up when you have access to the console.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization May 9, 2013, 09:50 Silicon Avatar

Trucks, etc. all come in automatic too. It's an okay skill to have, but you can go an entire lifetime and never need or use it.

If that kids parents think a manual is going to keep him from texting and driving, well... That's cute.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2013, 09:52 Silicon Avatar

PC Manufacturers without tablets or mobile devices angry they didn't release a tablet or mobile device - blame it on Windows 8.

That's my version of the headline.

Seriously, if your big sales push relies on somebody else to hype up the entire industry you'll just have to take the lumps that are handed to you.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 19, 2013, 01:19 Silicon Avatar

It's not that problematic. Keep proper sales records and fork them over to a CPA. Build that cost into your Kickstarter. Problem over.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2013, 14:45 Silicon Avatar

If DF ever gets a decent interface I will definitely check it out again. At the moment it's a little too grognard for me. I just don't have that kind of time to invest.

News Comments > Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to "Next Adventure"
30. Re: Skyrim Development Ends; Bethesda on to Apr 15, 2013, 14:35 Silicon Avatar

Huh. I actually thought they would do more DLC than that for Skyrim.

I'm more than ready for FO4 though. I don't really care who makes it at this point. Both Obsidian and Bethesda had their good points for that game.

News Comments > Starbound Preorders
23. Re: Starbound Preorders Apr 14, 2013, 22:55 Silicon Avatar

I never played Terraria but this looks fun.  

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 11, 2013, 14:59 Silicon Avatar

InBlack wrote on Apr 11, 2013, 09:42:
Take it from me. I have it at work. Apart from performance (which is on par with Win7) Windows8 is the worst windows ever released by Microsoft.

No it's still not worse than Windows ME.

Windows 8 is basically just like 7 if you run the classic shell.

PC sales are probably slumping because there's no reason to upgrade as often anymore. Desktop computers got "fast enough" for most people a few years ago and when you have a desktop that's "fast enough" and you have cash to burn, you start looking at tablets and smartphones and other gadgets like that.

My desktop from ages ago will still run most of the new games at high settings. Why upgrade? Well, I still did because I enjoy building them and I'm a gamer, but most won't.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
23. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 16:38 Silicon Avatar

I'm giving Garriot one more shot with this so I hope he goes all out. Ultima 5 was my personal favorite. I thought 5, 6, and 7 were the best of the entire series.  

News Comments > Distant Worlds Expansion Announced
9. Re: Distant Worlds Expansion Announced Apr 6, 2013, 22:47 Silicon Avatar

I looked at this a while back and the price for the whole bundle turned me off.

Now I'm looking at Stardrive on Steam instead.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220660

News Comments > Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter
5. Re: Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars Kickstarter Apr 5, 2013, 00:16 Silicon Avatar

http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is a pretty fun Roguelike. I'm going to check out Infinite Space whether it's a Roguelike or a close-enoughlike or maybe a whateverlike. It still might be fun.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Delay
16. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Delay Apr 3, 2013, 14:35 Silicon Avatar

It makes sense. They added more stuff to do so they have to add more development time. I'm cool with that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2013, 14:18 Silicon Avatar

I just buy Nintendo consoles for Zelda and Mario - so whenever they release those games I'll look at Wii U. By then it will probably have had a price drop too.  

1574 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo