Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1846 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2015, 11:14 Silicon Avatar

Soo..

I don't get it. If the rap artist is wanted in Illinois, why is he sitting in Beverly Hills not under arrest?

Something is fishy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 27, 2015, 11:09 Silicon Avatar

I've been cable free for 3 years now and I feel like I have not missed a thing.

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
8. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 15:20 Silicon Avatar

Too bad. Coop campaign was a lot of fun back in the day.

Now I'm not as interested.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Jul 25, 2015, 18:52 Silicon Avatar

I tried to go back to the Bethesda Fallout 4 forum but it's just filled to the brim with uber-nerds making speculation and then arguing about it like they're some kind of authority.

Somehow we don't get that here really. Everyone here is sorta grumpy but also mostly not a tool about it.

Anyway, that was just an aside. I had a need to rant.

I did finally check out the text list of what was released at Quake Con. It looks good and that'll probably the last thing I really check out before release. If I follow the game's development all the way up to Nov. I'll just have a lot of stuff spoiled.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 25, 2015, 15:10 Silicon Avatar

Konami made such a stupid move..  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 25, 2015, 15:06 Silicon Avatar

Good.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Jul 24, 2015, 20:59 Silicon Avatar

LoL..

What I read looked fine. I've started skimming the articles though. I don't really want to know much more. I want to go into the game pretty fresh.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 13:55 Silicon Avatar

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:08:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 09:45:
I can barely remember the last time I went into a Wal*Mart. It just kind of sucks for so many reasons. I'd rather go to a Dollar Store.

I go routinely, small town, and I guess I don't have the horror stories people talk about in larger cities, like how people look, the horror. I do watch TV and I eat at Mc Donald's to now and again and get a coffee regularly. Somebody like me has to exists since millions use these services, right?

Their electronics are name brand, movies, candy, deodorant, light bulbs, fertilizer seems as good as anyone else.

The only real issue I have is active checkout lanes, it is their #1 complaint, they go on TV we are fixing it and it remains the same year after year. If it has improved it is like they added a half a person a day into the mix.

I also live in a small town. It doesn't even have a Wal*Mart.

I just order online. The only thing I buy in person now is clothes and groceries.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2015, 09:49 Silicon Avatar

That's a pretty impressive spyware suite.

I'm seriously considering going iPhone next time. I don't know that they're really any more secure though. I'm just sort of bored with the Android OS.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2015, 09:45 Silicon Avatar

I can barely remember the last time I went into a Wal*Mart. It just kind of sucks for so many reasons. I'd rather go to a Dollar Store.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 4
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Jul 24, 2015, 09:33 Silicon Avatar

I didn't play any of these games but I watched some Let's Plays on Youtube. The "lore" is more involved than you'd think for what is basically a jump-scare game. I think that helped drive sales a lot.

News Comments > Fallout Anthology Announced
3. Re: Fallout Anthology Announced Jul 23, 2015, 20:24 Silicon Avatar

I want that box.

I have all those games though. I just want the box.

I mean, I'm not buying it just for the box - but I still think its cool.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 23, 2015, 10:37 Silicon Avatar

Yeah, probably. It's too bad because the premise is decent and it could be turned into something that's really good.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 10:30 Silicon Avatar

Darks wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 10:02:
Verno? what happened to your Avatar?

Also, how good is uBlock compared to how good APB is? I like APB and know it works very well. Just want to be sure uBlock is as good before I jump over.

Try it for a week and see. It's just an add-on so it's not hard to install / uninstall.

I've been using Ublock Origin for about a week now and it seems pretty good. I'm not seeing any ads and the pages I go to are not broken. It works on mobile Firefox too.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 10:25 Silicon Avatar

Ads are a vector for malware and they degrade privacy. Advertisement networks let things escalate to that point and now they are forever blocked on every PC I touch.

I have no idea what games journalism sites can do for revenue. The thing is that I don't care. They were complicit in allowing ad networks to turn into privacy eroding malware distribution nodes. As journalism sites they had every power available to them to call out ad networks for their crappy practices and clean that entire industry up, but they were too busy sucking the teat to care.

User privacy eroded. Tracking cookies nobody asked for popped up everywhere. Malware sprang up everywhere. Now users are sick of it.

Too bad, so sad!

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
35. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 19:44 Silicon Avatar

This is not a game I *ever* thought I would see an update for.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 22, 2015, 19:39 Silicon Avatar

I did not know that about the ignore button. That's actually pretty cool.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 22, 2015, 19:36 Silicon Avatar

I used Opera Next for about a year (it's just Opera flavored Chrome) and went back to Firefox recently. The Ublock Origin add-on is pretty good.

I left Opera because it kept updating and changing things I didn't want changed.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 21, 2015, 16:11 Silicon Avatar

Not all states have all legal protections. In some states employers can ask you for a FB password - most states actually. What they see when they go there, though, can get tricky as to whether or not they can really use it - so I doubt many companies are doing this.

The privacy protections in the US are actually pretty poor.

BYOD is a big problem for IT so remote wipe is kind of necessary in a lot of environments.

The article isn't as paranoid as it sounds but it's not 100% accurate either. +4 accuracy, +6 fear-mongering

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
50. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 16:00 Silicon Avatar

I skipped backing this one.

After backing a few of the other "old big names" I came to the conclusion that they had fallen out of favor / the industry for a reason.

1846 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo