Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1700 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2015, 10:36 Silicon Avatar

Fuller House... No...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 18:52 Silicon Avatar

What if our fighter jets do fall behind China? Does it matter? What big player is going to screw with another nuclear power? Invading the US would be a complete nightmare whether our jets can dance ballet or not.

Besides in five years it's going to be all drones anyway.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 10:55 Silicon Avatar

William Shatner's 30 billion dollar band-aid.

If Oregon or Washington agree to pipe water down to CA they're idiots on multiple levels.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 20, 2015, 10:21 Silicon Avatar

Comic-Con Silicon Valley: Where your favorite movie actors and electronic entertainment publishers hang! Enjoy our super-expensive venue! Roll the dice for a decent hotel! Fly into the butt-end of America (bring your own water and vaccines) to enjoy 3 days and 4 nights of SWAG.*

* Actual comic artists are in the back - most couldn't actually afford to attend. Your chance at SWAG is directly affected by your ability to no-life it in line for 4 hours. Bring $20 for con hot-dog and forget about wifi during your stay.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 19, 2015, 21:23 Silicon Avatar

If Google fell off the planet I could use Bing and not notice too terribly much. They all do roughly the same thing. Of course I think Pepsi and Coke are about the same too so..

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2015, 20:05 Silicon Avatar

FBI watched too much Magnum PI.

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 22:24 Silicon Avatar

I came here to geek out about Star Wars but I see it's already devolved into Fan Wars so nevermind.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2015, 13:34 Silicon Avatar

I have been that guy inside that car more than once and it is not fun. I don't even like to drive anymore. Too many people are on cell phones and crap now.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 15, 2015, 14:28 Silicon Avatar

I won't miss Java or Flash (or Silverlight) but they will still be around for a while longer. Too many businesses haven't transitioned away yet. A lot of internal tools still rely on them and cranky versions of IE. The wheels are in motion though.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 15, 2015, 11:22 Silicon Avatar

Creative Labs is so slow to update their drivers. I don't see why they are still around.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
64. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 14:58 Silicon Avatar

Soo..

I've never played any of these games, believe it or not.

Is the gist of it that it's a driving sim in a sandbox world where your goal is to steal cars and shoot other thugs?

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2015, 10:21 Silicon Avatar

My 3DFX card is ready to go.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 12, 2015, 15:30 Silicon Avatar

Do people really want to wear watches again?

I find they just get scratched up over time - and since the Apple watch is also a piece of technology that runs software it has the additional downside of being obsolete in a few years.

Of course, I said the ipod wasn't a big deal either so what do I know?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 20:42 Silicon Avatar

I've eaten 97% cacao fair trade raw vegan organic helper monkey picked chocolate. At that level of cacao it tastes like tree bark.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 11, 2015, 12:31 Silicon Avatar

Investigation of H1B layoffs? Well, hey - they're only like 15 years late.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2015, 16:37 Silicon Avatar

WaltC wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:14:
The government has appropriated far too much of the people's land for itself--which means the people in the country can't do anything but look at it, and only under certain conditions. It's gratifying to see a small percentage of it returned to the people so they can make decisions on how to use it. The environmentalists have just about parched California dry with their "no new reservoir" policy of the last few decades--and the current administration would prefer that oil cost $5 a gallon as opposed to building new refineries/pipelines--even though the US population has doubled over the last 30 years. If there's a policy guaranteed to take the country backwards, you can be sure the Democrats are out front leading the way back--I often think they'd prefer we all went back to caves, lived by fire, and hunted mammoths and fish with stone spears...;)

California is just the canary in the coal mine. Look up and read about the depletion of the Ogallala aquifer.

Opening up public lands so rich people can erect McMansions and conglomerates can operate strip mines and deforest a bunch of areas isn't going to help anything. Why would you even side with those people?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 9, 2015, 10:34 Silicon Avatar

Pixel art guy's article is an uncomfortable essay about how he laments the disuse of tiny pixel-art icons because that was as far as he decided to go with his art skill.

He chose not to learn how to use a tablet and Photoshop because he wanted to use that time some other way.

That does not make the golden age of icons 32x32. :p

News Comments > Star Control Reboot FAQ
10. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 8, 2015, 13:52 Silicon Avatar

It's disappointing they can't use the races. They kind of made the whole game. If Gal Civ is any indication of the quality of writing staff they have at Stardock then I don't have much hope for their reboot. They come up with some pretty vanilla stock aliens that don't have much personality..

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 14:02 Silicon Avatar

I see the US ranked low or mediocre for a lot of things - health care, quality of life, education, etc. Why would it be any different for broadband?

It shouldn't be a shock. I still know people who can't even get broadband in their area - and they can barely get cell transmission.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 02:32 Silicon Avatar

wtf_man wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:14:
Quinn wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 13:31:
I'm one of the ESO fans. There's *something* to the game that just has me enjoying it so very, very much. I feel a strong connection with my character, running around doing quests while finding treasure chests and runes for enchantment makes exploring worth it and enjoyable. Every single quest is actually a quest-chain, with choices and consequences and an interesting story. I just love the gamw, and if you haven't played it, don't judge it. And no, it's no Skyrim. And who expected as much should get looked at.

Ditto.

Same. I have 4 level 40 characters now. It's pretty fun - for me anyway.

1700 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo