Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1576 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 29, 2013, 12:26 Silicon Avatar

I don't see the point of a gov't. shutdown.

National embarrassment?

The ultimate tantrum?

Rich people can't get their way?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 29, 2013, 12:18 Silicon Avatar

Getting rid of that cancel button is stupid. Some UI designer is into consistency over usability.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2013, 11:04 Silicon Avatar

Ballmer was a salesman. I hope they get an Engineer or maybe UI Designer as CEO next.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 01:16 Silicon Avatar

There really isn't anything on the 'net that can't be accomplished other (slower and/or more inconvenient) ways so hearing that 15% of the US doesn't want anything to do with it doesn't surprise me THAT much.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announced
76. Re: Steam Machines Announced Sep 25, 2013, 21:07 Silicon Avatar

Everybody wants HL3. At this point I think it'd be funny if the last announcement was a new type of waggle controller for the Steam Machine.

Full disclosure: I have wanted HL3 for so long I have become numb to it.

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
24. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 22:56 Silicon Avatar

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 20:15:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 19:59:
Get more women in the game industry and you might have more nuanced characters.

Right, because only women can write nuanced, intelligent and complex characters with depth. Way to play the gender retard card.

How about people just stop buying shitty games with cardboard cutouts for characters and instead buy games with the depth of storytelling one gets from a quality book?

Oh, yeah, that's because the majority of the market doesn't give a fuck. Ergo, a product is developed for the largest share of consumers who will buy it.

I said "might" - a word of nuance - the stuff you obviously don't comprehend.

Look, grab your joystick and go shoot the bad robot, adults are talking.

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
11. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 24, 2013, 19:59 Silicon Avatar

To be fair women get crapped on in a lot of industries and the issues they bring up deserve scrutiny. Just because this one didn't have a case doesn't mean others don't.

Gaming industry started as a boys arena and it'd almost assuredly do better and have some better games in it if more women were involved.

Some of you guys complain about muscle-flex manman the bullet-spewing FPS dude? Get more women in the game industry and you might have more nuanced characters.

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
99. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 23:18 Silicon Avatar

I'll just wait and see how this turns out. If it's great, awesome. If not, whatever. I really just don't have an opinion on it.

I'd love to have some games - Fallout 4, HL3, LFD3, TF3, etc. When a corporation goes all out to announce their new OS or game selling scheme I just kind of go to sleep. Show me the games.

News Comments > Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors
1. Re: Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors Sep 18, 2013, 09:43 Silicon Avatar

Hasn't he been in Thailand making cell phone games for the past 15 years or something?

It's not a name that exactly screams "awesome relevant game industry pro" anymore. Oh well. I guess he still has name recognition left and that's probably all they want to get the program started.

News Comments > New EA CEO
11. Re: New EA CEO Sep 17, 2013, 23:51 Silicon Avatar

Meet the new guy, same as the old guy.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
50. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 19:49 Silicon Avatar

Cool. When March 2014 rolls around I might finally get to play Diablo 3.  

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
22. Re: Valve Remains Bullish on Linux Sep 17, 2013, 01:29 Silicon Avatar

All this is about is Valve not getting locked out in case the MS app store takes off. Right now it's crap, but 3 OS revisions from now it might be a big deal and that is what Gabe's thinking about.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 16, 2013, 20:05 Silicon Avatar

I have seen very, very few tech services do an IPO and not become crap and/or creepy within 5 years.

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
15. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 14, 2013, 20:40 Silicon Avatar

They lost me at "cell phones and tablets".

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
10. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:33 Silicon Avatar

NKD wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:30:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:29:
From what I understand of it this is exactly what I want. I can "lend" games to my wife on her PC's Steam account (or whatever) while I play something else on my Steam account.

She can play Skyrim on her PC, I can play Fallout on mine. We buy one copy instead of two (because why would I buy two copies for one household - that always bugged me).

Gotta use a shared PC bro.

That wasn't how I read it. If that is how it's setup it's totally useless. It sounds to me like you can authorize other PCs. I guess we'll see.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
8. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:29 Silicon Avatar

From what I understand of it this is exactly what I want. I can "lend" games to my wife on her PC's Steam account (or whatever) while I play something else on my Steam account.

She can play Skyrim on her PC, I can play Fallout on mine. We buy one copy instead of two (because why would I buy two copies for one household - that always bugged me).

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
8. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 10, 2013, 23:35 Silicon Avatar

Computer Gaming World previews Wizardry 7.

http://www.cgwmuseum.org/galleries/index.php?year=1992&pub=2&id=91

Now you're on a real nostalgia trip.

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
1. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 10, 2013, 20:49 Silicon Avatar

I'm kind of interested in the bundle. I feel like if I wait until the inevitable sale around Thanksgiving or Christmas I will get it for $5 or something.

Wishlist item acquired.

News Comments > Op Ed
73. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 23:20 Silicon Avatar

Penny Arcade attracted a neckbeard audience that soon became a superbeard and now a megabeard.

I like games, but go into almost any multiplayer game and pretend to be a woman or a minority for a couple of hours and you will see how nasty it is.

Games are supposed to be fun.

Why do gamers put up with the bungholes who make it a racist, testosterone fueled, misogynistic nightmare just to push a bunch of buttons at the right time? That era should not have happened in the first place and it's really sad that it's still around and being fueled by newbs and oldbies who never matured.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2013, 23:06 Silicon Avatar

Now that people are aware of it and they can try to cash in by looking like "good guys" they're suing. Pfeh.

1576 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo