Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Silicon Avatar

Real Name Silicon Avatar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Silicon Avatar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 13, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 1560 (Pro)
User ID 18037

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
8. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 10, 2013, 23:35 Silicon Avatar

Computer Gaming World previews Wizardry 7.

http://www.cgwmuseum.org/galleries/index.php?year=1992&pub=2&id=91

Now you're on a real nostalgia trip.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
1. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 10, 2013, 20:49 Silicon Avatar

I'm kind of interested in the bundle. I feel like if I wait until the inevitable sale around Thanksgiving or Christmas I will get it for $5 or something.

Wishlist item acquired.

News Comments > Op Ed
73. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 23:20 Silicon Avatar

Penny Arcade attracted a neckbeard audience that soon became a superbeard and now a megabeard.

I like games, but go into almost any multiplayer game and pretend to be a woman or a minority for a couple of hours and you will see how nasty it is.

Games are supposed to be fun.

Why do gamers put up with the bungholes who make it a racist, testosterone fueled, misogynistic nightmare just to push a bunch of buttons at the right time? That era should not have happened in the first place and it's really sad that it's still around and being fueled by newbs and oldbies who never matured.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2013, 23:06 Silicon Avatar

Now that people are aware of it and they can try to cash in by looking like "good guys" they're suing. Pfeh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2013, 14:17 Silicon Avatar

I could do with some more Star Trek.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 24, 2013, 11:18 Silicon Avatar

Seems ok. Half the kids in college bring laptops to class now anyhow and printed textbooks are an outrageous rip-off.  

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
1. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 11:39 Silicon Avatar

Wow. Finally. This is great news. I hope they get a decent CEO, but then Ballmer is choosing him/her so I have my doubts.

Still though, see-ya monkey-man. Go revel in your billions and get out of everybody's hair.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
78. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 19:42 Silicon Avatar

I never got around to actually buying Diablo 3. I just kept waiting for people to say "Yay! It's finally fixed!" but it never happened.

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
46. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 15:02 Silicon Avatar

avianflu wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 10:58:
You guys realize that this is just step one to whatever version of the "MS APP Store" will be forced upon us in December with the release of the new console and the Windows 8.1 "patch"?

I am glad to see GFW dead but it will just be re-instituted in a different annoying way.

This seems the most likely scenario.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 12, 2013, 09:43 Silicon Avatar

I sort of forgot Wii U even launched.

News Comments > Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding
10. Re: Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding Aug 11, 2013, 17:09 Silicon Avatar

I think I'm getting crowd-source fatigue.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 9, 2013, 01:08 Silicon Avatar

Oh no. PC is dying again.

I swear I could pull out a 1989 Computer Shopper and probably find a story that said PC was sinking.

News Comments > Police Quest-Inspired Kickstarter Cancelled
16. Re: Police Quest-Inspired Kickstarter Cancelled Aug 6, 2013, 23:48 Silicon Avatar

I actually plan to check out Shadowrun in a year or so after people have had time to really get into the editor.

I almost bought it on Steam the other day but then someone said it had some weird NES throw-back saving scheme. I need to save where I want to save so I can fit gaming into my own schedule.

News Comments > Police Quest-Inspired Kickstarter Cancelled
13. Re: Police Quest-Inspired Kickstarter Cancelled Aug 6, 2013, 20:05 Silicon Avatar

I don't have a big problem throwing $25 at a KS. If it blows up and I get nothing I will gripe but not that much.

I just wasn't that interested in Police Quest.

I don't blame developers for wanting fans to put up or shut up but I don't blame fans for holding on to their cash either. Banks are supposed to help with that but when you are betting your house on the fickleness of fans that is a huge deterrent. It's not like opening a hot dog stand.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2013, 20:07 Silicon Avatar

I thought most people bought Ouya to tinker with it. Maybe in a year someone will come up with a cool thing you can do with it.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 4, 2013, 23:23 Silicon Avatar

Being able to run over to a UPS store to have something printed sounds kind of cool. I'm really looking forward to affordable home units. When they start getting around $500 for a reliable model then I'll probably get one.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 4, 2013, 13:53 Silicon Avatar

The headline should just be "Rupert Murdoch Wants to Destroy".  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 2, 2013, 20:06 Silicon Avatar

The game industry doesn't need pro commentary. That's the real thing. If they don't yell and scream they don't have a show - because anyone can play a game and have an opinion about it. Devs talk directly to people through social media now. Game commentators and journalists seem unnecessary 75% of the time. The only time they're useful is when they can get into an industry show and then actually do a good job of reporting on it (and good reporting at those things is very rare).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2013, 17:54 Silicon Avatar

If you want quantum computing (and you do) then you care about stopping light.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 27, 2013, 17:52 Silicon Avatar

I didn't know overclocking was even that big of a deal anymore. I can't remember the last time a game maxed out anything on my computer.

1560 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo