Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark

Real Name Mark   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 10, 2003, 18:14
Total Comments 144 (Novice)
User ID 18021

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Bloody Good Time
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Bloody Good Time Oct 30, 2010, 17:37 Mark

"Unfortunately they don't mention a word of this in the sales pitch, or any of the trailers, etc."

100%... I only just found out that it contains gameplay elements from The Ship through comments on Steam's Facebook page. I believed it to be a straight deathmatch game. (Which really disappointed me at the time.)

I loved The Ship and this is going to be a definite buy, but the realisation that this game has no support or additional content in the future is a real shame.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 23:02 Mark

I hope I haven't broken a quest by stumbling upon (spoiler) the freaky Vault 23. I explored that place, but seemed to get to a point where it wouldn't let me venture further.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 13, 2010, 12:40 Mark

...meet demand to GET THEM OFF THE SHELVES. They employed thousands of people to collect and dump Kinects in a landfill, right next to the ET's for the Atari 2600.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 13, 2010, 01:46 Mark

Muahuahua... that teleport hack looks like the most evil thing I've seen in an online game! Transporting the entire opposing team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebmnDy5eIw

Might be even more nefarious if you could transport them into a middle of a fire.

News Comments > Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY
5. Re: Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY Oct 5, 2010, 12:56 Mark

Jonny wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 12:46:
Shit, I bought a video card once with a coupon for a copy of Half Life 2 in the box. Several years later when it finally came out the offer was no longer valid, not buying into this kind of incentive again.
Wow really? They didn't let those with the coupon have the game upon it's delayed release?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 09:13 Mark

I read about how the game is meant for multiple playthroughs since your skills/experience are saved for the next game, so I've been deliberately avoiding boss fights since they seem far too powerful on my first run.

However, I came across my first compulsory boss fight (Spoiler: the two girls), and after dying a few times I thought I'd end up stuck at that point. But then I discovered how blending two of the same drink gives you more resistance to damage. (Spoiler: Also, I found out you only need to kill one of the two girls to continue.)

One thing I'm finding very tricky is picking up specific objects. Sometimes you have to fine tune where you're standing in order to find the right hotspot. This is really frustrating when you're trying to feed your AI follower in the middle of a fight so that he doesn't die.

Another problem I have is how the game switches you to your next inventory item when your weapon breaks or is out of ammo. I've wasted a few food items because of this.

Despite all these frustrations, the game then had me playing strip poker which had me laughing. All was good again.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2010, 09:24.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2010, 05:48 Mark

With Garry's Mod you have access to some excellent game modes such as Trouble in Terrorist Town. Another game mode I tried involved having a few minutes to construct a boat, then the water rises. If your boat doesn't float then you'll end up drowning and you're out of the round. I rarely play the default construction mode in Garry's Mod.

I'm really surprised to see Dead Rising 2 at the bottom of the Top 10!

News Comments > Steam Serving AMD/ATI Drivers
6. Re: Steam Serving AMD/ATI Drivers Sep 15, 2010, 17:14 Mark

Seems like a great idea to me, but only if it was completely in the background, with a popup in the corner to tell me "Drivers updated!" Do you not have to reset after a new driver install, though?

There is also the aforementioned occasional problems with new drivers. I'd like to think that the integration with Steam games would have ATI update any problems within hours of a bug being found. Too hopeful, maybe!

News Comments > Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo
1. Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Sep 14, 2010, 20:15 Mark

"Available right not". Curses, building up my hopes then destroying them, Wayne's World style! (Just kidding at the typo, love you blue!)  

News Comments > The Dark Descent Demos
14. Re: The Dark Descent Demos Sep 4, 2010, 17:11 Mark

Cram wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 09:41:
God damn f*cking water! $&@*&@#^$!
What's all the talk about water? Does anything jump out at you from the water?!11 Because when I was younger I used to have this recurring dream of something massive rising up from the sea as I stood on a beach. Analyze away if you want!

13. Re: The Dark Descent Demos Sep 4, 2010, 16:47 Mark

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 11:29:
Eheheheheheehehehehehehe. That was scary, hee hee! Thanks for that, Mark. I'll have to try these demos now for sure.
I'm going to try it too, but only on a bright sunny afternoon.

3. Re: The Dark Descent Demos Sep 4, 2010, 03:41 Mark

Watched a gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPwAvrc_U

Fuck that, I ain't playing that scary shit.

News Comments > Back to the Future Details
14. Re: Back to the Future Details Sep 2, 2010, 15:53 Mark

We all agreed to keep that secret, TangoBaker!!  

News Comments > The Sims 3: Barnacle Bay Announced
2. Re: The Sims 3: Barnacle Bay Announced Sep 1, 2010, 09:33 Mark

"The Sims 3: Zit Popping Nightclub" is quite an intriguing name. I'd be like "wow wtf" and I'd click on the homepage to check it out, which might lead to a purchase, y'know?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 24, 2010, 10:50 Mark

"THQ: We won't punish used game buyers."

OH THANK YOU OH GREAT ONE FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS AND MERCY, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

News Comments > Safety Dance
6. Re: Safety Dance Aug 13, 2010, 11:34 Mark

True, update to SP3, use something to disable WGA, what's the big problem? Disclaimer: I have not done any of the aforementioned acts. (Disclaimer 2: I do not always tell the truth.)  

News Comments > The Scourge Project Demo
2. Re: The Scourge Project Demo Aug 13, 2010, 10:28 Mark

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Aug 11, 2010, 12:48 Mark

A registry hack to install updates? Why aren't people just installing SP3?  

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
19. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 14:37 Mark

Wow, didn't realise this was out today. Downloading! And a method to hack the demo too? Nice!  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Voice Talent
2. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Voice Talent Aug 10, 2010, 11:33 Mark

Classy move! I'm looking forward to this one.

It made me chuckle when the interview on usatoday suddenly shifts into a serious tone at the end of the article:

...In the real world, Newton has been asked to participate in a Vegas citizens' catastrophe response committee with the U.S. departments of Defense and Homeland Security. Should he ever be asked to record one message for posterity, Newton says it would be to "never give in and never give up. I think it is that message people need today."

144 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo