Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark

Real Name Mark   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 10, 2003, 18:14
Total Comments 144 (Novice)
User ID 18021

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > One Week Homefront Delay
1. Re: One Week Homefront Delay Feb 3, 2011, 06:04 Mark

Be funny if Pokemon Black & White and Dragon Age 2 moved their release date up to March 15. Then there was an announcement that Homefront is moving its release back to March 8. Then Pokemon Black & White and Dragon Age 2 moved their release date back to March 8... and so on, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Then Bluesnews would be swamped with release date announcements, and it turns out its all a PLOY by videogame companies to hide the links to MEDIOCRE Homefront reviews within HUNDREDS of release date news announcements!!!111

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2011, 04:57 Mark

mag wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 01:43:
Where have all the music pirates gone?

We all downloaded/ripped all of the music we could ever want back in the early 00s.
Dang... true!

Although now it's time to download them all over again, this time in lossless FLAC format.

News Comments > Duty Calls
6. Re: Duty Calls Feb 2, 2011, 15:19 Mark

Just saw a walkthrough of it on youtube. It's only a few minutes long, and it really tries hard to push the idea of "Other games are BORING compared to BULLETSTORM! (TM)" (Reminds me of that Bonestorm commercial in The Simpsons.)

Having "boring!" said after each time you press the mouse button is almost like some attempt at subliminal influence.

The ending is funny though!

News Comments > Cannon Fodder 3 Announced
3. Re: Cannon Fodder 3 Announced Jan 18, 2011, 21:35 Mark

That's true. Forget about Jools and Jops etc, it's going to be all Vladimir and Sergei etc now.  

News Comments > Cannon Fodder 3 Announced
1. Re: Cannon Fodder 3 Announced Jan 18, 2011, 20:21 Mark

War, never been so much fun! ...but only in RUSSIA?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Can Firefox get its mojo back? Jan 16, 2011, 01:41 Mark

Thanks for the info!

That must've been alarming to see your bookmarks disappearing and re-arranging in front of your eyes, a gremlin in the works! I hope they fix that soon.

This might be unrelated, but I've had two Firefox extensions disappear. (nothing to do with compatiblity issues with the latest beta - they had simply disappeared from the extensions list at some point) and I wonder if that issue was sync related.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Can Firefox get its mojo back? Jan 14, 2011, 13:05 Mark

After reading the article I installed the Firefox 4 beta. I'm liking the new sync feature! Now I don't need to do backups of my Firefox data.  

News Comments > Evil Genius Web Game
3. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 13:54 Mark

Most of the appeal for me in the original game was setting up the traps. When a bad guy stepped on a floor panel which triggered some fan which blew them into a gas chamber... it was quite satisfying! Even better was when they'd think they've outsmarted your trap by jumping out of the way at the last moment. But then they'd land on a backup trap you've set up...

I used to have a third layer of traps set up, incase they managed to get past the first two.

I don't think there's any of the trap stuff in the web-based version of the game, but I've only played for about 15 minutes.

News Comments > Evil Genius Web Game
1. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 12:40 Mark

Really weird to see this today, I thought this game was pretty much forgotten. I loved it when it came out, and I was planning to buy it since it's on sale on Steam right now.  

News Comments > L4D2 Encore Mutation, Community Mutations Coming
7. Re: L4D2 Encore Mutation, Community Mutations Coming Dec 4, 2010, 15:17 Mark

Great suggestions, Eggheart.

It makes me realize though: I think the simple core "Left 4 Dead" gameplay has pretty much reached its limit, and there's not much else they can do to improve the game. (I guess some people would say the first one had it perfected already.)

Now it's time for a slower paced, more traditional zombie themed game. Less twitch based gameplay with hundreds of zombies running towards you. I like the idea of a single zombie being enough to make a player panic when it enters a room and trudges towards you.

Ultimately... yes folks, I'm proposing "The Walking Dead - The Video Game".

News Comments > On Sale
32. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2010, 00:23 Mark

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2010, 22:43:
I personally have 38 such games. Sigh.

Creston
38 dude, kidding right? Geez, send them my way if you ain't playing them!

News Comments > On Sale
28. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 22:15 Mark

"Fuck, I haven't even played some of the games from last year's sales. I guess I need to go add some shit to my wish list, just in case."

I wonder if it's possible to get stats on games which people have bought, but haven't ever downloaded/installed? Would be interesting.

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 19:34 Mark

lol Esoteric. Yeah, put Portal 2 at the top, followed by 3 other Valve games. Then sneak Call of Duty Black Ops in at 5.  

News Comments > Rugby Challenge Announced
5. Re: Rugby Challenge Announced Nov 15, 2010, 19:17 Mark

Thanks for the link. I don't know why, but watching old video games makes me feel all warm inside. Even if I haven't played them before...  

News Comments > Back to the Future Facebook Game
4. Re: Back to the Future Facebook Game Nov 15, 2010, 19:16 Mark

Quite fun to play against friends. A bit ruined by the addition of a "hint" button to the right which can be triggered an infinite amount of times.  

News Comments > Rugby Challenge Announced
1. Re: Rugby Challenge Announced Nov 15, 2010, 11:50 Mark

I thought the days of having "challenge" in a game title were over. Makes me think of "Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge" from The Simpsons.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series?
10. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series? Nov 10, 2010, 12:40 Mark

Thank you for the link joe2tiger! I'll have to grab both through other means, because I'm a Brit, and Hulu don't like us Brits.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series?
8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV Series? Nov 10, 2010, 12:27 Mark

What's this "Walking Dead" you're all talking about, let me google...

A TV series with ZOMBIES? Produced by Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd of James Cameron fame? Win all the way, surely! Must download...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 2, 2010, 19:19 Mark

The OK Go contest ended a few days ago. I entered it and didn't get shortlisted.(Still bitter)  

News Comments > To Hell with Johnny Released
2. Re: To Hell with Johnny Released Oct 31, 2010, 18:00 Mark

For some reason, after looking at the screenshots it reminded me of an old Amiga game called Crazy Sue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XAxA1u_Dmc

Who remembers that one?

144 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo