Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark

Real Name Mark   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 10, 2003, 18:14
Total Comments 146 (Novice)
User ID 18021

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Daytona USA confirmed for XBLA, PSN with trailer. Oct 13, 2011, 02:15 Mark

Do do doo do doo do dooooo doooo... ayyyy Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaa-ahhhhhhhhhhh-ahhhhhhhhhhhhh  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Broken Sword Free on GOG.com
4. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 22:26 Mark

Because of the overloaded servers, I seem to have ended up with 3 copies of the game in my "owned games" collection on gog. Well at least it'll come in handy in case I lose one.  

News Comments > Dead Island Film Optioned
3. Re: Dead Island Film Optioned Sep 27, 2011, 22:11 Mark

Whoah dude... one of the best things about the last series of The Walking Dead was the idea of putting everyday folk (and their everyday drama) up against a sudden zombie outbreak. That's what made the pilot episode (with the father & son trying to deal with with their mother who'd turned zombie) so fascinating and engaging. If you're after some standard zombie vs human action, there's numerous straight to DVD flicks around instead.

As for a Dead Island film... I remember reading an article the other week where the author was disappointed at how the game didn't have any of the emotion the trailer seemed to promise. Indeed it's true, and actually, maybe a film is the best way to do it.

News Comments > Saint's Row: The Third in November
13. Re: Saint's Row: The Third in November Jun 10, 2011, 19:52 Mark

By coincidence I just completed Saints Row 2 last night. (Well, not 100%, just the main missions.) A fun experience, a little rough around the edges.  

News Comments > Dead Island in September
13. Re: Dead Island in September Jun 6, 2011, 18:39 Mark

I think it would've been better without the piano music from the first trailer tacked on at the end. It's a big reminder of how this game seems to be completely different from what the first trailer seemed to depict.

Dang, was hoping for an emotive "The Walking Dead" type of game. This is more like Duke Nukem vs the zombies.

Maybe the developers are actively trying to distance themselves from the expectations people have from seeing that first trailer, with the awfully cheesy "Right in the fucking head" line at the end.

"WHO DO YA VOODOO BITCH?" (sigh)

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
5. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 23, 2011, 15:26 Mark

First 10 seconds of Dead Island trailer: "I must've clicked on the wrong video, this looks like Call of Duty."

Although the game looks like it's completely lacking in the drama/emotion shown in the original Dead Island trailer, it definitely looks fun. It reminds me of Far Cry 2, with a bit of Left 4 Dead's melee combat.

The graphics are good. I wonder if it can handle more than a handful of zombies on screen?

News Comments > The Next BIG Thing English Demo
3. Re: The Next BIG Thing English Demo Apr 14, 2011, 14:52 Mark

When I see that title I keep thinking it's some kind of video game version of that short lived TV show "The Next Best Thing: Who Is the Greatest Celebrity Impersonator?" from a few years back. Just me who thinks that, I'm sure...  

News Comments > Streets of Rage Remake Yoinked
2. Re: Streets of Rage Remake Yoinked Apr 12, 2011, 10:50 Mark

Wow, nice move Sega, they jumped on it just as the guy finished making it after several years work.

Maybe there'll be a happy ending, they might be interested in releasing it for sale and it'll be an earner for the guy who made it. (Unlikely?)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Britons caught out by booby-trapped web ads Mar 14, 2011, 15:48 Mark

Hi there, I was wondering if you successfully removed the spyware/virus from your computer?

A friend is wanting me to visit his computer tomorrow because it has the bluescreen "Your computer is infected!" message. I'm not entirely sure how to remove it, but am hoping a scan in safe mode will find it.

News Comments > Garry's Mod and Kinect
1. Re: Garry's Mod and Kinect Mar 10, 2011, 13:58 Mark

Too awesome. I hope developers begin to consider making kinect controlled games for the PC. I vote for a 3D sex simulator.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 MP Demo Patch
5. Re: Crysis 2 MP Demo Patch Mar 8, 2011, 10:40 Mark

Ant wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 10:32:
Three Questions:

1. Is it true that this multiplayer demo ends on 3/14/2011?
2. Is it even worth checking out? I read a lot of complaints about it.
3. Is there a full v1.2 demo installer so I can avoid patching since I haven't installed it yet?

Thank you in advance.
1. Hope not!
2. I would say so. It runs like poop on my old videocard, but I've been really enjoying it.
3. Download it through Steam!

8. Re: Britons caught out by booby-trapped web ads Mar 5, 2011, 17:51 Mark

Drat, sorry to hear it didn't work! It's possible that it isn't up to date with the latest detections. Another you could try is Spybot - Search and Destory, because that's frequently updated with the latest detections:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

5. Re: Britons caught out by booby-trapped web ads Mar 5, 2011, 16:35 Mark

Hi Nav, haven't encountered that specific virus, but try the free version of this application in safe mode:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

2. Re: Britons caught out by booby-trapped web ads Mar 4, 2011, 13:02 Mark

I haven't encountered this particular "booby-trapped web ad" (Reminds me of The Goonies) but I have had to help two people recently who've had fake antivirus ads on their computer. It does things such as stopping any applications which aren't named iexplore.exe from launching, and you get this fake popup telling you to buy some software.

These things seem to get past anti-virus scans which is a bit worrying!

There was only one free app I found which managed to completely erase it (in safe mode) and that was Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Spybot Search & Destroy seems to delete it after scanning, but it reappears after rebooting.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 2, 2011, 12:57 Mark

And in other top news today, David Bowie thinks that the latest range of AMD's Radeon cards are shit.  

News Comments > Dead Island Film Rights *Not* Sold
3. Re: Dead Island Film Rights *Not* Sold Feb 20, 2011, 20:39 Mark

I'm reminded of the ending to the Dawn of the Dead remake. When they make a Dead Island film, it could almost be the backstory to that.  

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million
22. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million Feb 17, 2011, 20:37 Mark

kxmode wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 17:12:
Sniper Hero
Ha, I can imagine the massive sniper gun controller that comes with the game.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million
13. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sells a Million Feb 17, 2011, 14:10 Mark

Wow, very surprised. It must be the name.

Next up "Call of Duty: Sniper"

News Comments > Activison Financials - Beachhead Studios Announced
9. Re: Activison Financials - Beachhead Studios Announced Feb 10, 2011, 01:03 Mark

Ahhhh spam everywhere, take cover!

Back on topic, I'm really surprised and a bit sad about the cancellation of True Crime Hong Kong. This preview made it sound really promising: http://tinyurl.com/6drtsbm

News Comments > Martyn Brown Leaves Team17
6. Re: Martyn Brown Leaves Team17 Feb 7, 2011, 14:19 Mark

Agreed, Assassin was great!

I'm surprised at the timeline of Team17 releases. Assassin was one of their first releases, back in 1992. Worms came towards the end in 1995.

I remember a period of seeing Peter Molyneux everywhere talking about something. There was even an interview I saw with him in the men's toilets somewhere - I don't know why that was the chosen venue!

I could handle the load times of the Amiga since my early years involved a ZX Spectrum. I tolerated "multi-load" games where you had to press play to load up the next level, and if you died, you had to rewind the tape to load up the first level again.

By the way, check out http://www.dream17.info/ for all of the Team17 games for download. (Legally!)

146 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo