Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mark

Real Name Mark   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 10, 2003, 18:14
Total Comments 142 (Novice)
User ID 18021

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Saboteur Specs
5. Re: Saboteur Specs Nov 15, 2009, 19:09 Mark

...AHHH CAN'T STAND IT, I KNOW YA PLANNED IT!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 3 Dark Mod
7. Re: DOOM 3 Dark Mod Oct 19, 2009, 14:35 Mark

Checked it out on youtube and it looks good. The official website is down for me at the moment.

On the topic of Thief, I highly recommend the awesome multiplayer "Thievery" mod for Unreal Tournament, I still love that one: http://www.thieveryut.com/

News Comments > Pick Your Own World of Goo Price
11. Re: Pick Your Own World of Goo Price Oct 13, 2009, 15:30 Mark

I'd like to send the 2 dollars or so currently left in my Paypal account. I won't get an email back calling me a cheap bastard, will I?  

News Comments > Free Alien Assault (Space Hulk Remake)
5. Re: Free Alien Assault (Space Hulk Remak Oct 1, 2009, 12:26 Mark

My favourite movie. I always thought it'd be a great idea for the upcoming Aliens Colonial Marines. Playing as Gorman, looking over the marines on the map. You'd be able to pan around in the APC (like a flight simulator cockpit view) and see all the marine's video feeds on monitors. Then you'd click on a marine and go in to first person view.

But! I'm disappointing myself just by thinking about it.

I'm really bad at Alien Assault, I can't even complete the tutorial mission "An Army of Two". Any tips?

3. Re: Free Alien Assault (Space Hulk Remake) Oct 1, 2009, 11:43 Mark

No if you recall, Space Hulk was more realtime but with a kind of paused turned based mode where you could issue commands. Alien Assault on the other hand seems to be turn based only, but I've only played it a little. It's great so far, highly recommended!  

1. Re: Free Alien Assault (Space Hulk Remake) Oct 1, 2009, 11:06 Mark

Awesome!

It might wean me off loading up the Amiga version of Space Hulk on the WinUAE emulator.

News Comments > Dead Rising 2 MP Details
4. Re: Dead Rising 2 MP Details Sep 25, 2009, 11:02 Mark

"Running Man style reality TV show that pits the public against zombies"
SOLD!

Awesome idea. Although, it looks more like Gladiators than The Running Man in that video.

Makes me wonder... how come there's no modern "The Running Man" video game? It's be perfect for online co-op, where several of you have to try to take on the bosses.

Here is Sub Zero! Now... PLAIN ZERO!

News Comments > Unreal Tournament III Jailbreak
6. Re: Unreal Tournament III Jailbreak Sep 2, 2009, 01:42 Mark

Spent a lot of time on Q2 Jailbreak back in the day. I'm also convinced that's where I got all my FPS skills from, you had to be good to compensate for the lag caused by the high ping during those dial-up days!

I'm tempted to install Q2 and that mod again, but haven't a clue if any servers are still up. Anyone try it recently?

News Comments > The Sims 3 Expansion
6. Re: The Sims 3 Expansion Aug 3, 2009, 13:56 Mark

The "Open for Business" expansion for Sims 2 made me addicted to that game. It was cool running your own shop, and having sims from around the neighbourhood visit. Absolutely ideal now for this game, since there's no loading time between houses.

Waiting for a Sims 3 expansion like that one...

News Comments > Killing Floor Free & Paid DLC Plans
4. Re: Killing Floor Free & Paid DLC Plans Jul 21, 2009, 13:55 Mark

Was excited to read "Killing Floor Free". Drat!  

News Comments > Eden Revealed
3. Wow... Jun 19, 2009, 20:56 Mark

I've seen some unexpected game tie-ins in my time, but I never thought I'd ever see one for a Lars von Trier film. Next up, an FPS based on a Michael Haneke film.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Jun 19, 2009, 14:55 Mark

Ah, good to hear. Still on a dual core here which is good enough for most other games. I'm unsure whether to spend money on an upgrade - or just buy a cheap second hand xbox360!

Caveman, another thing to note is that to run the game on high quality textures you need about 1gb of video ram.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Patch Jun 19, 2009, 14:14 Mark

"Answer zeeeee question!"

I believe that it's CPU power which is most important with GTA IV on the PC. Apparently those with quad cores aren't having any problems with performance.

News Comments > Killing Floor Map Contest
3. Re: Killing Floor Map Contest Jun 19, 2009, 08:55 Mark

A box map... a simple efficient layout, you respawn in to the action straight away, and it takes up little computer resources. (Ideal for laptops.) What's not to like?  

News Comments > Wanted Demo
8. Re: Wanted Demo Mar 24, 2009, 18:43 Mark

I played through the demo (tutorial and plane level) and felt a bit ill at the end because of the wobbly freelook. Am I the only one?  

News Comments > L4D DLC Movies
6. Survival mode Mar 5, 2009, 12:39 Mark

My favourite thing about the inclusion of a survival mode is that it encourages people to make small single maps. Bring on Dawn of the Dead 1978 Monroeville mall! I want to retreat to the hideout room and defend the stairwell from zombies who break through the hidden wall. With a Hare Krishna zombie mod it'd be even better.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2009, 12:42.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Question... Feb 18, 2009, 12:52 Mark

But there's four of 'em, rist3903! Must be good, whatever the price. It does make me wonder how many people did end up buying the four pack at that price. I wanna see a Steam survey graph for that one.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Question... Feb 18, 2009, 12:32 Mark

It might take a few days The Half Elf. A while ago I had some billing problems during a sale period, and it wasn't resolved until after the sale had ended. The support guy said he couldn't do anything because the sales system is automated. So, if it's showing up as 49.99 for you now, then that's the way it's gonna be. (It's probably worth the bucks though, I was playing some awesome co-op last night.)  

News Comments > Stranglehold Patch
9. Re: Stranglehold Patch Jan 26, 2009, 18:59 Mark

LOL Acleacius, well spotted.

I'm surprised they didn't add a fifth fix:
"Resolution and keyboard fixes."

News Comments > New BF2 Battlefield Pirates 2
2. Re: New BF2 Battlefield Pirates 2 Jan 13, 2009, 12:52 Mark

Good evening, sir. Here's your coat. Would you please leave?

;-)

142 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo