Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cheddar

Real Name Cheddar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cheese
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Gamewhore
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 9, 2003, 15:20
Total Comments 919 (Graduate)
User ID 18014

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Universal Combat
23. UPDATE Feb 8, 2004, 18:38 Cheese

IVE BEEN MISLEAD , its happened before

after you look past some fancy texture fixing and UGLY ground effects that mean mothing cause you drive thru everything no collision at all

ITS THE SAME GAME AS BCM was which was medium quality at best

Im so sorry for the misleading praise but i must fess up it HORRIBLE GAME LOL

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Universal Combat Official
8. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY Feb 8, 2004, 18:35 Cheese

I own BCM and just bought UC IT THE SAME FRIGGIN GAME but with a diff name . its not worth even $20

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Universal Combat
20. BCM Feb 6, 2004, 17:58 Cheese

At first when i heard of this game i thought to myself ummm another company changing the name of a old title and rereleasing it under a new moniker.

Then I said to myself they just cant get away with doing this these days can they?

So i proceeded to the UniversalCombat web site to only comfirm my suspisions and lo n behold BOOM on there web site the game looks like a carbon cory of BCM.

Well to sum this up in this century I must say that even though the screens looked the same as BCM I just purchased Universal from Eb at $19.

Well well I think DS should be very angry at the universalcombat web site cause I almost didnt buy it cause of that, but i must say I CANT BELIVE THE GAME LOOKS THIS GOOD. ahhh now granted I didnt play it yet but I already know how BCM plays and I will get to it soon enough but the one problem i had with BCM is the graphics...

Now that it seems like up to date with the graphics i'll finish learning BCM/Universal Combat till my eyes bleed

Im no fan boy either if you read some of my rantings ive raked Derek accros the coals so to speak based on the graphics but based on the game code the man is a genius.

Call me what ever you like but dont call me while im playing UniversalCombat please.. thank you.....

Oh and Derek I dont blame you for being angry about the price but please understand you dont have the track record Gabe Newell or Adrian Carmack so stop with your big headed ness ok and take a bow on what happens to be the most complicated ,hopefuly playable game in the history of PC gamming..... Peace bro and Good Luck.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 in Summer at Soonest
93. Gabe Feb 3, 2004, 15:42 Cheese

You over stuffed turkey wanna be go here for some thrills its all youll prob gonna get http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjj.htm

but make sur to keep other hand free so you can finish up HL2 ok Gabe

News Comments > Half-Life 2 in Summer at Soonest
80. Whatever Feb 3, 2004, 15:20 Cheese

Ummm HL 1 is still #1 game being modded and this is after 4 years or more, hahaha hohoho hehehe, well I for one am into raceing not dumb ass FPS and looking at all the hype this game has surrounding it I wouldnt be suprised if it flooped, like all other over hyped stuff in this world , it never ever measures up to the original.

Dont agree ok give me some titles that got hyped as much as this one and turned out better than the original?...... Eh hm... thought so....now if youll excuse me im gonna play my full version of Farcry somemore. am i looking foward to Farcry 2 No but im loving this game....

News Comments > Far Cry SP Demo
72. Good demo Jan 21, 2004, 17:20 Cheese

very good indeed, now i hope stalker turns out this good.

I liked the way you could sneak up on ppl such as underneath the beachouse huts and you can even shoot thru the floorboards, the swiming is done very well. I still will buy Doom3 & Halflife2 but i will by this as well.

System specs AMD-2000, GF3, 1gig ram, Audigy2, 120 HD---I turned up all options even the advanced graphics cept i left off antialising and i got no slow down what so ever, also using the new sunburst drivers beta which makes a big difference i think.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 17:25.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Sorry but Dec 29, 2003, 20:33 Cheese

sorry bout that spelling error ill try not to let it happen agian

I just hope blue gets there act together on this add takeover thing thats all

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Takeover ADD Dec 29, 2003, 16:03 Cheese

I culdnt even get into this page for like a week cause of the takeover adds and i had no way to cancel them , prob was a bug or something but for now im makeing Ve3d my home page and will come here once in a while to check things out.

ummm mabey ve3d will return to there glory since i made them my homepage agian

News Comments > UFO: Aftermath Patches
8. Silent Storm Dec 19, 2003, 19:50 Cheese

Very good game and even better once you hack the console to get into First Person Mode OMG.

UFO has been erased from my hard drive and traded to a ex-friend for a copy of HeavyGear2 hehe.

News Comments > X U.K. Gold
13. No subject Dec 19, 2003, 19:36 Cheese

Quote frm Gamespy:Privateer is too old. Freelancer is too canned. Hardwar is too obscure. Escape Velocity: Nova is too 2D. Frontier: First Encounters is too buggy. Battlecruiser/Ultimate Combat is too, umm, storied. And X-Beyond the Frontier is too ungainly. So what's an Elite fan to do? To recapture that delicious wide-open galaxy-trotting freedom, do you have to revert to the vector graphics of the 1984 classic? If you've been pining away for a successor to Elite, pine no more. X2: The Threat, which the box calls a "space simulation," will sweep you off your feet and finally turn you lose among the stars.

They end it by giving this title 4 outta 5 stars

At least you have a opinion and i cant knock you for that much but i doubt you own this game you prob tried the demo or something.

12. IW2 Dec 19, 2003, 19:01 Cheese

IW2 was a great game and so was Taychon and so was Freespace 1 & 2. but I beat them and is it ok if I waste my money on X2 I mean afterall is ANYONE releasing a Elite like space game? come on Joe Black is there anything out that I havent beaten and is halfway good to tide me over in the space department????????????

Ok so STFU then I dont care if you come on here and say how much you hate something but i'll ask you is there anything THIS christmas that is set in space and lets you trade fight ect...?

Come on think hard ummmm why dont you go boot back up Elite or Privateer and if you did know or play Elite then your remarks would have been composed better other than the child like banter about how a game in which several thousand CRITICS agree is not bad by any means

Lowest score card on X2 Ive seen is a 79 and that cause the reviewer didnt know WTF he was doing and it sound like you dont either... later dude and here a tip for you ... go buy another FPS or RTS ok Ive got money to burn and i like burning it on titles like X2.

5. not that bad Dec 19, 2003, 12:10 Cheese

Anyhows dont ya love it when a person come on and screams how horrible a game is?

There no demo out so unless he bought it how does he know its horrible and if he did buy it what did you expect?

Its better than any spacesim out and i cant wait to see what other developers are making to top this < prob a FPS or RTS> no one even has a spacesim slated for 2004 unless you count UniversalCombat and that dont count cause its way bad looking

So its horrible but what am i suppose to do go back and play 6 zillionm FPS or RTS huh you prob do have aids and want others to suffer but dont listin to this bozo.

News Comments > Universal Combat Movie
2. Well its not that bad of a game but Dec 11, 2003, 17:32 Cheese

I wouldnt call it good either cause its based on BCM which was mildly entertaining.

I will check out the new movie and give my comments but dont hold your breath

I might not even bother to comment as it seems there is a slight lack of intrest in this title at the moment< prob cause it looks very simular to BCM>

News Comments > Joan of Arc Trailer
11. but is this game good Dec 10, 2003, 19:22 Cheese

Thats what im sure i wanna see posted here other than that WGAF if you like male or female characters in games all i wanna know is if you all liked the demo.

i will admit to being kinda partial to females in tight clothing but hey who isnt.

Well i tried the demo of this game and it left me liking it but wondering why is it so hard

And i do like the aspects of this game very much indeed , I love rpg's, and i love rts but i love them on there own merits, im not sure if the developers can pull this off but im excited to see them try.

And if this doesnt work out to be a good game then you can bet ill be waiting for febuary for SPELLFORCE when it comes out, at least i know i will like that game cause its getting raves from europe and the uk.

11. Wow Dec 8, 2003, 20:45 Cheese

9 posts and 4 of which are mine shows ALOT of intrest in this game btw hehe and your defending it like you are Derek himself or something

All i said is the graphics still look like ass and if you dont think so then check out X2 the threat.

I think the moron is you for defending a game in which no one even cares about anymore bye......

8. haha Dec 8, 2003, 10:41 Cheese

and ive seen the latest movie and its a joke seeing is beliving and i stand by my post.

6. Put it this way Dec 7, 2003, 15:27 Cheese

ok ill give you all that on what you said but i stand by my post because i own BCM and ive looked at the so called screens with wild life and the models and the space stuff and i have looked at all the movies and the conclusion

it looks VERY simular to BCM and theres no cockpit render or FPM in the ships which was promised long ago

No matter what as far as the screens go the graphic engine is DATED and at least two years behind agian LOL

Seeing is beliving is what I say and for anyone who thinks this is a updated graphics engine compared to BCM get your eyes checked, here are the screenshots from the universalcombat web page you be the judge www.universalcombatgame.com/index2.php

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 15:35.

4. Umm Dec 7, 2003, 12:11 Cheese

To be honest i like Derek Smart, at least he responds directley to his audience

But as far as the game movie is concerned I have bought BCM last year and i see no improvements to this game based on this movie

Also no ground shots were shown and they need to at least show the inside of the cockpits which was promised for this game but i have seen noone

I will admit to being spoiled by the recentley released X2 The Threat which btw is a game that has me wondering why no other american developer has done before

Yes i liked Freelancer but lost interest about a quarter way thru, But X2 is a near perfect game, only problem i have is with it needing a patch to fix a few bugs and i wish Derek Smart had used the X2 engine because its one of the best looking games out today.

But im not here to say Derek Smart did anything wrong or bad and as a matter of fact im gonna prob buy universal combat cause i liked what he did with BCM and to have that kind of game upgraded to any degree is a blessing for me

News Comments > Deus Ex: Invisible War Demo
351. just unhappy Dec 6, 2003, 19:08 Cheese

why would anyone ignore GOTY awards?

I mean they could have kept the graphics the way they were and given us a brand new story and not changed anything else and guess what? this would have been enough to ganer GOTY awards from me

But in the present state of this game and the fact that i bet no matter what, this game will not get GOTY nomination even.

You dare to take chances and gamble on a sure thing and i hope you get what you deserve Mr Spector you seem to have changed this game when you got so many awards.

WTF you dont like awards huh , youde rather piss ppl off and make more sales to console ppl but see if even they vote for this game to be GOTY haha youve cut your nose off to spite your face

I think you must have too much money and to little love for games to have allowed this to happen.

NO SALE...........:(

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - T3: War of the Machines
27. Re: Damnit Dec 4, 2003, 11:34 Cheese

Alot of people dont like X2 already =) I'm starting to get bored, and HATE the gfx. The ships are simply ugly

Hahaha please show me where on the web people think the graphics suck in X2 ROFLMAO

also the only problems people have with the game so far are a few minor patch problems and a few problems with a memory leak but the game is getting stellar reviews.

919 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo