Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cheddar

Real Name Cheddar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cheese
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Gamewhore
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 9, 2003, 15:20
Total Comments 919 (Graduate)
User ID 18014

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Open Beta
38. No subject Nov 8, 2004, 18:25 Cheese

PR: The World of Warcraft and Open Beta Account Creation sites are temporarily down. We are experiencing technical difficulties on our end and are working diligently to restore service to this site. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you. We do not currently have an estimated time for when the World of Warcraft Web site will be back up, but we are working extremely hard to solve these technical difficulties as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Well i just installed EQ2 and got it cranked up to at least high settings and its running like a dream, Yes i do want to test this out agian as the early beta i tried didnt impress me at all, Im a junkiee to these types of games SWG, AO1, EQ1 ect.... so i just hope the best for Wow and no matter my opinion with EQ2 and Wow out the same month im in virtual Hell ...I mean heaven.

Then i must consider HL2 and Vampire my final purchase for the 2004 season and mabey a little Vin Diesel thrown in for good measure.

But EQ2 I must say i prob gonna be best game of the year including Wow HL2 or vampire.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II
32. Im impressed Nov 8, 2004, 18:07 Cheese

Now ive only played it like 1 hour but ive got this thing cranked up to high graphics <not maxed> shadows off and OMG it runs like 40FPS, yes there are a ton of ppl running around yes ive been in battles with multiple mobs all with no <NO> slow down even EQ1 ran like crap when it first came out.
This thing is shaping up to be everything they said about it positive and then some, I just came back cause i had to take a break and eat dinner lol its so absorbing that i near forgot to eat.
Oh am i gonna say early on that this is better than Wow? NO! #1 I only played a beta of Wow and while i think at best based on graphics alone NOTHING will touch EQ2 for awhile not even HL2.
Thats what i imagine cause with me having it on high, theres still tons of tweaks to ante up on. I only enabled high on textures which is important, characters which is important and i let the game pick the rest of the config, theres stuff to adjust on here that ive never even seen on games including Farcry & Doom3, Im so sure Wow will run like magic as well and I cant wait to see my time dwindle trying to decide which game im gonna play the most.

So i can say without further Hype EQ2 is for real and meets all of my jaded expectations, so far after a hour and a half of playing questing crafting and adventuring, And i said to myself ide never buy another of these games after SWG But here I am with that feeling of magic i had when i bought EQ 1 only this time theres no lag no complainers no hassles and plenty of GMs and guides running around happy to assist the bewildered traveler.
I once agian love you SOE your off my Shizt list.

AMD 2000Mhz <1.6> GF3 card, KingstonDDR ram 1 gig, WD HD 160, SB AudigyPlat Ex EQ2 running like Butta I cant belive it on this set up

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 18:12.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - EverQuest II
26. Just got it installed Nov 8, 2004, 16:18 Cheese

Well ive been waiting for this for a while, ever since they screwed me over in EQ1 when they changed everything I vowed never to trust SOE agian, but im here installing 10 freshley minted Cds that came in beautiful packaging btw and the manuel is nice and meaty too.

Oh well ill be back with my report as im still waiting for Wow as well so i hope btw the two of these games ill find happiness.

As my system is not a hot rod by any means ide love to see how it performs, after all the talk of not being able to run it with decent visuals on med systems im about to find that fact out, AMD 1.6 <2000>Mhz GF3 card, Audigy Live, 1 gig ram

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 16:22.

News Comments > EverQuest II to Ship, Beta to End
39. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 14:09 Cheese

Well put mystic i do agree with you. I was playing a VERY early beta build like beta 1 i think so ive heard that they adjusted the gameplay for hardcore ppl like you and myself,
I cant wait for them to release it and i still have hopes for EQ2 as well.
Oh btw there is a great little gem of a mmorpg out atm its called RYL and they are having a open beta as im playing it atm, its a good little game that has a marvelous system and all who are testing it LOVE it so far.

Look it up on google its called RYLonline. peace

36. haha Nov 6, 2004, 10:19 Cheese

I'll put it this way I will prob buy EQ2 just to see if its any good and i will buy Wow cause i think they will prob address alot of the content and problems before launch I do put alot of faith in Blizzard cause they rarly get things wrong.

If i sounded like i didnt like Wow please forgive me as i was play testing a early beta and not the final so things prob changed.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 10:46.

24. Re: No subject Nov 6, 2004, 01:33 Cheese

People who are veterans of EQ/AC/DAOC and other challenging MMORPGs are already bored with the game and have lost interest because they've already done everything that the game has to offer. And while Blizzard promises raid content post-release, people will blow through it very quickly. Considering the length of time it took Blizzard to add non-raid content during the beta, it doesn't look promising that they can keep up with the rate that even moderate gamers go through content.

WoW is fun if it's played casually. If you consider yourself anywhere between a moderate and hardcore gamer, you're going to be disappointed in the long run. Unlike what many fanboys want you to believe, WoW is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. WoW fills a niche in the MMORPG market, but unless you only play for 30 minutes a day, you're not going to be playing it for as long as you've played previous MMORPGs.

I couldnt agree more with this cause i was in beta and got to lvl 30 in like 3 days LOL and then i got bored with it all and uninstalled.

News Comments > Gold - World of Warcraft
40. Re: Sure sure Nov 5, 2004, 12:24 Cheese

Here's a good screenshot of WoW:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/screenshots/images/insider/020/interview/ss014.jpg

ROFLMAF is that all you can show ? its a screenshot of a spell effect WTF, Oh i hear ya its ablout the only thing even close to what i would call reasonably decent cause one look at wow grass and terrain and its no better than TRIBES 1 serious, please stop with the comparison and suck on your bitter defeat like a big boy or girl, EQ2 has just owned your ass bye.......

Vex do i feel a little anger im a idiot huh lol sure sure i didnt make up that review Blues posted it you moron LOL , and futher more why you Sounding so angry now? boy earlier you were all proud and had your big bad ass chest stuck out,
HUH what happened? you sound all deflated sheesh its just a game ok get over it and go get some sex.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 12:27.

38. Sure sure Nov 5, 2004, 12:18 Cheese

http://www.planetwidegames.com/ Now heres a game that has a free beta going on atm that blows wow outa the water, as a matter of fact not one person that is playing this beta is saying anything positive about Wow they are all making fun of it LOL. Try this game its called RYL and then ask ppl online how is wow hehe then youll see how much the Cheesemiester knows.

36. 80s Nov 5, 2004, 12:03 Cheese

Yes and open your eyes the link is here on blues lol, Oh like i said 80s gameplay, Not that thats a bad thing mind you, but im not the only one saying the gameplay is OVERSIMPLIFIED go to the Wow forums for that and youll see a bunch of ppl who capped the 60 lvl in a month and are now board to death LOL, heck the designer promised more content to keep ppl interested after they max out there level, if thats not a sign of Stylistic Atmospheric gameplay LOL what is.
You ppl are dumb enough to compare EQ2 to wow hehe you get what youve got comming to you then. have fun playing wow.

btw the profanity really makes you look smart and a little over concerned about this topic, LOL remember its all us who win in the end, the gamers, unless you actually work for Blizzard "calm the F down and dont make yourself look so desperate LOL WOW wont totally suck it will be fun , but I still stand by my claims as one who has sampled it ITS OVERSIMPLIFIED AND EASY.

http://www.gameindustry.com/review/item.asp?id=480

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 12:10.

34. Re: Um Cheese.... Nov 5, 2004, 11:36 Cheese

Well yeah gameplay is important youre right , And i do belive it already has gotten a close to perfection score 4 1/2 and not one mention that he couldnt run it on his computer or it has dull or bad gameplay he gave it almost perfect score.

::The wind is howlin the tumbleweeds are blowing all you can hear is the sound of a cricket as millions of ex wow fanbois rush to see the reviews of EQ2 only to be dumbfounded by the great score and to this I say is the deathcall for WOW::

Obtw ive played the wow beta i was a undead mage Taroun fighter Orc shaman, they all played the same lol just a constant tapping on the keyboard to kill stuff the same old tired way EQ1 has been doing it now for like 6 years and wow goes out and copys EQ 1 battle system and not even as good LOL, speaking of the intro cinema which all the races have a different one its good but WAY off the mark of what EQ2 intro is. LOL not even in the same league EQ2 is competing with Hollywood with there intro WOW is competing with DAoC or SWG or AC hehe but dont even speak of Wow and EQ2 in the same sentance agian please EQ2 dont deserve that.
http://everquest2.station.sony.com/#mediaMovies
OUCH !!! :::EQ2 does 1000 visual damage to Wow , wow then casts a fanboi spell at EQ2 which is disrupted buy a counter +100 Truth spell , Wow wobbles smokes then falls over to its side in a steaming pile of retro 90s graphics and 80s gameplay.::

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 11:48.

29. Yeah sure Nov 5, 2004, 10:11 Cheese

Its such a great game youve got ppl getting to the cap in a month. and then they quit.

The fighting is a joke with just point and click and watch, wheres the fun in that? Even EQ1 had a better fighting scheme.

I might check this out agian however but i will say agian the graphics are 90s, just look at the character models in this game and a game called Redguard by bethesda which was released in the 90s. Reguard looks better.

Epic? did i hear Epic lol hows is it epic when you can reach the lvl cap in a month? 60.

23. No subject Nov 5, 2004, 00:21 Cheese

Yeah the fanboi club is in full swing here on VE, Ive played the beta too and while it is a good functional entry level mmorpg, its no EQ1 even let alone can be compared to EQ2.

As far as the graphical comparasion goes i agree with you how he tried to argue and then back it up with a person standing in a open field lol.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/screens/gameID/2/setStart/1
Now that you can see this for yourselfs compare the 2 games based on graphics alone.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/screens/gameID/15/setStart/1

PS . someone had to start showing screen shots lol something you shouldnt have even done.

Wow looks like a pre 90s game i mean the TNT card could handle itor even 3Dfx.. im done.
This comment was edited on Nov 5, 00:29.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Vendetta Online
13. hours later Nov 2, 2004, 02:12 Cheese

Sheesh i think this will be a great game givin time and support from the community.

I suggest to all reading it give it a try you cant go wrong, heck even if you do fork over for a month thats only $10 and thats less than a console rental for the same period of time.

And my friends this is TONS better than any console title, after burnning out on Freelancer, Eve, SWG,and a host of other mmorpgs this suprised me. enjoy

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Vendetta Online
11. Re: Yup Nov 1, 2004, 21:40 Cheese

Well I didnt like this game based on the screen shots ive seen posted, however once i tried it and cranked all the visuals up to max it looks way better than the screen shots with high poly counts space debris and reflections.

Oh btw to answer the question is this like Eve online or Freespace, its realtime control of your craft so that knocks eve outta the box and unlike eve you dont have to mine at all its a trading & combat game, like Elite, I still dont like the ugly shuttle they start you out in but i guess thats the point to give you incentive to build up,
Oh there are no planetfalls all spacestations far as ive seen.

Also everyone i querried online that was playing it which were 200 at the time i checked all said they liked it so that speaks volumes.

I didnt see anyone who said it was crap and belive me i was asking like a broken record.

I do like also to be able to control my ship with my Thrustmaster and to that avial I can do that ala Freespace,
also like the tutorial its quick and it would take a monkey not to understand whats going on after training, now granted Ive only played a few hours and i find the combat enjoyable so far but the jury is still out on the repetitive nature of these types of games,
Will it be a game that constanly keeps up the entertainment or will it go into the dust bowl as 11 other mmorpgs ive tried?

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 21:48.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - I of the Dragon
4. Dumb down Nov 1, 2004, 17:04 Cheese

never heard someone ask for that on the PC forums, you must be a ex console guy.
No we dont dumb down nothing here cept if its a port and to which i understand this is not, so youre outta luck, Ive played I of the dragon import and i must say its a good game.

News Comments > WoW Closed Beta Ends
37. Sorry bout that Oct 29, 2004, 17:50 Cheese

I never played UO cause i never liked the way it looked from the screen shots and the box art.

But i have played Ultima 1 AtariST edition Ultima2, Ultima3<which was very good> Ultima4 the begining of the avatar stuff, Ultima5 in which they broke Ultima6 which was kinda ok Ultima 7 BEST in the series. Ultima 8 Pagen This is when i stoped playing Ultima.

But forget about ultima you want a cool retro game that ROx
Try Dungeon Master by FTL or SunDog by FTL or Elite 1 now there you go. peace

36. UO Oct 29, 2004, 17:45 Cheese

News Comments > Dungeon Lords Delay
7. GuildWars Oct 29, 2004, 17:36 Cheese

Super streamlined RPG? I think your playing guildwars by simply loggin in and thrusting to a team to see if you can go out on a quick battle.

If you take your time like most rpgs have you do, you will find a story, quests, a crafting system thats not simple and a lvl up system that dosent get in the way of fun.

Oh sure you missed most of what GW had to offer cause your to hyped up to hurry and battle, lol i say calm the F down and learn whats going on, Oh most ppl are playing it like you , "just loggin in and going directley to battle" but your all drinking too much coffee. calm the heck down its just a game and take your time with it dont go into battle soon as you log on which can last hours and will leave you the impression that its a STREAMLINED rpg lol or a Diablo clone hahaha.

Next time you log in go visit a crafter or charm merchant and see how detailed it is. also this game starts you off on lvl 15, And i think its got ppl going right into battles instead of taking your time and learning the ropes.

Just my comment here based on the Ton of ppl saying GW is like Conterstrike or gW is like Diablo..your right it is like Counterstrike it is like Diablo but.... its also like EQ1,DAoC and even baulders gate its everything i like about gamming if you wanna play it like its Streamlined lol then be my guest its there for you to do but your missing out on a crafting system and on a great interchanging story thats based on desicions that YOU choose.

Did i miss the most important fact that DungeonLords took one look at this and prob will be delayed till Winter 05 lol this GW scared them that much i think.

32. Umm Oct 29, 2004, 14:50 Cheese

hissy fit and promoting GW well i dont give a rats ass about the success of GW or Wow, its not like there cutting me in on all that fat moolah thell be raking in i just made a comment on it thats all.

And as far as what i said at least its true LOL so agian go F yourselfs cause i dont mind telling it lke it is.

You retards are so fking soft that if someone bashes your game you get all misty lol, Wow is Pos just check around the other forums dont take my word for it even though ive played EQ1-DAoC-COH-AC1-AC2-SWG-Rysom...nah i have very little expertise in MMORPGs.

21. So? Oct 29, 2004, 03:10 Cheese

Being under 15 is not a crime jackoff lol

Its just what this game is aimed for thats all and if you dont like my comments on it go read in alot of other forums on what is being said about WOW and its pastel turnoff graphics and its oversimplified gameplay.

Oh that means most of you Trolls that come here with non-construstive comments about other ppl and none about the gameplay.

Look dont say anything to me cause ill just put your face in shit, comment on the game and i wont bother you but if you want to talk to me then wait till i make a game then you can critise but im just a Fkin critic like everybody else.
So i say agian Mr Mayor go F yourself for making a comment towards me instead of making a comment about the game.

919 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo