Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cheddar

Real Name Cheddar   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cheese
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Gamewhore
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 9, 2003, 15:20
Total Comments 919 (Graduate)
User ID 18014

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Civilization IV
13. Agree Oct 19, 2005, 11:59 Cheese

Have to agree with Creston in why the F do they want to compete when theres such a drought from Ide say Feb to August, then we get a glut of games in two months of which unless your rich and have no other things to do in life theres no way to buy them all let alone play them all so most of this stuff Ill get to in about 3 months or so, after its been out and gotten properley patched.

Only thing I dont agree on is your policy of only buying games that are brand new releases. I mean come on you have to know that every game released has to be patched and by the time they patch it , its already headed to the bargin bin at bestbuy or Eb so why not wait? Its cheaper and smarter, but to each his own.

Just dont let me catch you in outer space multiplayer X3 Creston then Ill get even will your evil empire muhahahaha.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Quake 4
140. Unreal 2004 Oct 19, 2005, 08:58 Cheese

Well to put it mildly I didnt like Doom3 that much either but then agian I did like it more than HL2, I hated HL2 for all its hype and stuff its just a ok shooter, you want a good multiplayer game? then go Download Defence Alliance2 for Unreal tourn 2004, the AI and gameplay are all leaps and bounds over what Doom or HL offer, Also get Damnation and go for Fragops as well, you will not be disapointed, I got Unreal 2004 for the bargin price of $10 at bestbuy and It beats every other FPS game on the market for the sheer number of mods comming out for it.

Forget all the comments here and the bitchin and screaming , get your ass over to Filefront and start Downloading all the great Unreal 2004 stuff, they even have 3rd person and RTS games made out of this engine and they all play better than anything else on the market.

The new Single and multiplayer King Is DA2 Defense Alliance 2. and its just a beta but its been released to the public for testing

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 09:00.

News Comments > Gold - X3: Reunion
38. Dave Braben Oct 17, 2005, 16:14 Cheese

Elite 4 still praying we get to see this title, Im not interested in Xbeyond any more , I ordered the original X beyond from import before any one hear even knew it existed, Im tired of the same old game in new shiny paint, When are you gonna make the space battles fun?

Even battlecruiser had a fun space game compared to this. However Ill never buy another battlecruiser game untill he gets some major money behind it and updated control schemes that work with Logitek joysticks or Gravis even. Far as im concerned X3 will be crap just like x2 was and thats all because the dog fighting sucked, I wished they copied the dog fighting from Tie Fighter or any of Lucas arts stuff.

Im waiting on the Movies as Ive heard they got excellent previews from some tough web sites and unlike what someone wanted you to belive its not all just drag and drop gameplay Err "Creston" lol told you so.

News Comments > UFO: Aftershock Demo
24. Oh well Oct 14, 2005, 22:10 Cheese

Here is a good link that has a few gems on it including a quake2 remake of x-com which is pretty good btw.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/x/x/x-com3.htm

News Comments > UFO: Aftershock Demo
22. X-Com Oct 14, 2005, 21:39 Cheese

Boy you guys are sure hard on a demo lol, I do understand and im happy that alot of us remember the X-Com experience, and will settle for nothing less than perfection. HOORAH

However I will offer some words of hope and prayer, OH DEAR LORD PLEASE LET IT BE SO PLEASE TELL ME THEY HAVE TIME TO FIX THE BUGS BEFORE RELEASE.

I started with X-Com on my Amiga and even got a advance copy ordered thru euro import, so im a diehard X-Com junkie, Ive played JaggedAlliance just to past the time till a true replacement would show up, Oh I toiled away at Silent Storm and the add on Sentinals with much glee and hope and prayer that it wouldnt be much longer.

The moment of truth is upon us!!! or is it?
They did say this was a demo right? please tell me they said that!!! please tell me that this is not the first demo with tons of bugs!!! please someone say it!!!

Oh please im getting all hot and bothered over this as X-Com means so much to me, please tell me they have time to fix this!!!

However on a lighter note I do like what is working and I can see myself tweaking the pause feature to my likeing as the code seems easy to change, however I dont have the skills to improve the AI and that is the most important thing to me. even 12years ago when the original X-Com came on 2 floppy disks the AI was cunning and kicked major ass all programed by the gallop brothers.

I must keep repeating to myself they have plenty of time to fix the AI over and over so i can stay calm.

News Comments > Gold - The Movies
39. Sup MMORPG Harbinger of Death Oct 5, 2005, 17:34 Cheese

Nice to still see some of the die hards still hanging and banging. Just wait till we get SpaceRangers 2 which IMO is game of the year material so is "slap me for saying this" Dragonshard. Damn does this game have potential, a few bugs but great potential. Also worthy of note this year would be UFO aftershock & Sin , if it ever comes out this year that is. I loved the orignal Sin and loved SHOGO as well. i know i went way off topic but thats just me.
Yo Mmorpg HOD"in da place to be" what do you think of Guildwars? I was just wondering if you like it or even tried it yet?

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 17:40.

30. Raceing Sloth & Rain Oct 5, 2005, 15:06 Cheese

Yeah I do like Creston and Halfelf so Fking what and I like to argue with them too from time to time it gives me joy.

But for me to turn around and say I like em still, is not ass kissing if you were refering to me.

A disagrement dosent equate to me not likeing the person unlike some of you here that confuse the two issues.

But what I said stands, ARE you gonna put your faith into what someone posted here that they heard? Or put your faith in who is prob the best game visionary in the world for comming up with a FUN game thats not a knock off.

Im with all you all and hopeing we all get a good game afterall this type of game has never been attempted before lets all take a deep breath and pray. Oh btw theres another of my argueing buddies MMORPG Harbinger of death, Heck I love this guy just cause of the cool name he has lol and hes been around a long time, So has Ray Marden so Has Parralax so hasCreston , halfelf too all are my second family even though I bitch like shit to them.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 15:16.

17. HalfElf Oct 5, 2005, 12:02 Cheese

your still around huh? damn halfelf always stiring up stuff, And i wouldnt like you if you didnt, at least you didnt change much and btw leave my main man Ray Marden alone. peace old buddie

15. Peter M Oct 5, 2005, 11:51 Cheese

Creston didnt I say I think your a cool person, I meant that. I was not trying to be funny, however please prepare for others to have a different opinion from time to time ok, but your prob right on this one and I stand corrected for now, I just hope there will be more to it than what you have said already, afterall this is Peter M's baby its his secret project that hes been toiling over for years, Peter is a true visionary and leader in video games, even though I didnt like Fable nor did I like Black & White but you have to admit this guy dosent make games that copy other developers he raises the bar and is the leader in what he does, thus why I assumed The Movies would be unique.

Dont you think hes heard of Will Wright? he knows him personaly and would destroy his own reputation to do a SIMs like knockoff, trust me on this the movies will be like nothing you ever played before.

You were around to play pong? OMG i gotta call you friend from now on much respect to your dedication. And sorry for all my bitchin Cres. peace btw I played pong too and intellivision, vetrex, coleco vision, comodore64,Atari ST, Amiga, Atari2600, Sega MS, Sega genesis, Nintendo , Atari Jaguar, 3DO panasoinc, PC games of every type, And last game machine I bought was the X-Box. whew your prob can match me system for system if you been playing since pong thewn I owe you big respect and friendship as well peace agian and sorry for being a dick all the time
This comment was edited on Oct 5, 11:58.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
2. Beta Oct 5, 2005, 11:12 Cheese

Stear clear of these if you plan on playing Guildwars as they have issues with that game, they work with everything else however and they have good IQ and very good speed and the shadow bug in BF2 is fixed with these, but still a beta,

And there not just for ppl with a 7800 card but will work with all cards down to the GF2 which is clearly writen on all the web sites that carry this driver.

12. drop into one another? Oct 5, 2005, 11:04 Cheese

This game is not based on what Creston would have you belive but its a entire movie simulation maker complete with good AI so that you just cant do anything you want without consequence, ie actors will react to budgets the director the movie set itself and all works pretty much the way you do films, grip guys, screen writers, producers, Also youll have to deal with screaming fans , groupies, depression, ect.... this looks like the sims but it dosent react like them or play like them and has nothing to do with the mechanics of that game.

Every developer releases there TOP titles in September thru December, how long you been playing games? you always come across as this big talker with little knowledge of the actual subject matter, My god Creston get a grip!! no pun intended. btw Creston im not angry at you at all you seem like a very nice person besides the points ive mentioned above other than that yourwe ok in my book

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 11:08.

News Comments > DNF in December?
31. The Duke Oct 4, 2005, 22:48 Cheese

Hehe Ive got a life sized cardboard picture of the Duke I con a EB staffer to get it, Ive had it for 7 years and every year it dosent come out I take it out in the backyard and shoot it. bout time for the Duke to rear his ugly mug cause I have almost nothing left of my target now.

News Comments > Gold - UFO: Aftershock
8. JA2?? Oct 3, 2005, 13:12 Cheese

This is not trying to be like JA2 this is trying to be like Xcom, which was out way before ja2, All i know is it took them this long to make a xcom type game and there last game didnt even come close, Too many FPS would be more like it, we dont have enough of these types of games out. And Creston as much as you post im suprised you dont know anything about UFO aftermath or UFO aftershock or X-Com, What planet have you been on? or are you just trying to play dumb agian?

News Comments > F.E.A.R. MP Demo
82. Off topic Sep 30, 2005, 00:37 Cheese

I am a part time musician and I try to read as much as possible about it in my spare time , so I ran accros this gem of a thread, you have to read the entire thing to really appreciate it. cheers and have fun http://www.recording.org/ftopic-30855-days0-orderasc-0.html

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 00:40.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragonshard
10. Very good Sep 27, 2005, 19:08 Cheese

I like this alot and I didnt like any of liquids other offerings the graphics remind me of there other work and i think they used the same engine as there last game but none the less theres something about this mixture thats just right, Ive seen most of these features before in other games but they seem to have perfected the formula, its akin to another game I enjoy warcraft3.

So far im enjoying this almost as much as im enjoying Earth2160 "english import". cheers, oh the skirmish is killer

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 22:57.

News Comments > Gold - Age of Empires III
36. Earth 2160 Sep 23, 2005, 23:25 Cheese

Now this is a great RTS I didnt play 2150 but I did try the moon project sometime ago and this is a good import to pick up.

News Comments > Mac DOOM 3 Demo
11. DungeonDoom Sep 22, 2005, 21:39 Cheese

A little mod called DungeonDoom almost restored my faith in this completley, I really am impressed with the proffesional quality that went into this mod, Not only is it just as tense as Doom but its better in every way cause it has its own feel to it and its a FPS RPG which are my two fav game types.

Its one thing mowing down monsters repeatedly but a whole new game when you develop your character traits and get to use magic which is also upgradable. And the dungeon layout can be 20 to 100 levels deep.

I used to play Nethack and a game called Rouge and I must tip my hat to the developers on this one. Only thing I find at fault here are the dungeons need more texture variations and the keys take a little getting use to. but otherwise get my vote right up there with some of the best Unreal mods or Halflife mods to date.

News Comments > New DungeonDOOM XP for DOOM 3
5. aGREE Sep 22, 2005, 02:52 Cheese

I aGREE with you Meat on this one i had to try it and suprise its fun

News Comments > Dragonshard Patch
2. huh Sep 21, 2005, 22:52 Cheese

This is out? im gonna bust a cap in someone if this slipped past my trusty rader system I have.

News Comments > Return of The Romero
30. Carwreck Sep 21, 2005, 14:31 Cheese

Well creston at least im not some hypocrite comming on here whineing about a guy whom you probley dont know personaly and then you try to blame todd hollenshed for doom 3 when we all know carmack was the guy who over saw the entire project and came up with the technology and then had to sign off on it to release it to the masses lol yeah yeah carmack is god and im a street thug with a internet connection but you are a flaky pompus softie who gets angry over a guys add campaign even years later cause he said he was gonna make you his biotch?
you need to go watch CNN or something to wake up to reality its a tuff world out here and its getting tuffer by the second dont go getting your feelings bruised now ok.

919 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo