Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Stalin

Real Name Joe Stalin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Clone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 3, 2003, 17:06
Total Comments 28 (Suspect)
User ID 17946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Stalin Subway: Red Veil Unveiled
3. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2006, 19:10 Clone

You sir, are brilliant.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft List Leak Follow-up
5. Re: No subject Mar 11, 2006, 19:48 Clone

Must be accessing it from the public library, or something...

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One to Stand Alone
31. Re: No subject Feb 25, 2006, 10:35 Clone

Well, dude, that's a shitload of cheese...

News Comments > GUN Backfires
53. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2006, 18:26 Clone

I hate this "that's a common misconception" bullshit that's actually a common misconception in and of itself - started by who the hell knows who.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalping
"According to historian James Axtell, there is no evidence that the early European explorers and settlers in the Americas were familiar with this practice of the Scythians, or that they ever taught scalping to Native Americans. There is clear evidence, says Axtell, that the practice of scalping existed long before Europeans arrived, primarily in North America. The theory that Native Americans learned the practice of scalping from Europeans first appeared in the 1960s and is still professed by some writers and activists, but this belief is not supported by most academic scholars."

http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/s1/scalping.asp
"Most anthropologists believe that scalping was a native practice that aboriginal North Americans did not borrow from Europeans. To some, the scalp was not merely a trophy; it bestowed the possessor with the powers of the scalped enemy."
This comment was edited on Feb 1, 18:29.

News Comments > EA Overtime Suit Resolved
32. Re: Scholarships? Oct 6, 2005, 19:08 Clone

Good question... Thankfully this article is buried so far down the newspage that it should die off quickly. I blame myself for helping to fan the flames. YAY!

Oh, wait, here's why:
"Any portion of the settlement fund that is unclaimed by class members will go to the Jackie Robinson Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that awards college scholarships to minority students, with a preference toward students interested in studying interactive entertainment."

And then it went off like a nuke at the superbowl.
This comment was edited on Oct 6, 19:10.

30. Re: Scholarships? Oct 6, 2005, 17:00 Clone

Gee wiz Mr. infallible. You sure showed me. I guess it's not as racist as it is prejudice. It's still not something that publically funded (my parents tax money at work!) schools should support. You're trying to get a scholarship, not become a made man. I don't give a crap if it didn't exclude racially impure Italians - I'm not sure if it did or not. The fact is that people without an italian parent are up sh*t creek without a paddle for that scholarship. Just as they were for the Native's Only scholarship, and the Chinese Only scholarship, and all these other 'special' (racist/prejudice) scholarships. Here, I'll create a lucrative scholarship at the local highschool here - but only kids with at least one white parent will be eligable. Oh, wait, the cries of "RACIST!" would be deafening and the school would refuse to allow it, no matter how helpful it might be to an underprivileged white trailer-trash kid with an uncanny knack for mathematics. Look at the big picture here. All the 'special' demographics get a scholarship tailor made for them, so they only have to compete against other people in that special demographic for it - and that doesn't exclude them from competing for all the "everyone" scholarship as well. So "not special" white kids are left to fight with everyone over the leftovers. I guess it would be A-OKAY for me to stand on my high moral ground, offering a scholarship that only Slovak's can get. That's not racist, because they have white skin, er, like lots of people! Whatever. Your "overseas studying" comment is f*cking baseless, because studying overseas has nothing to do with your genealogy. This entire thread should be nuked from orbit. It's going nowhere fast.

Edit: Oh yea, and Venomhed: Yes, white people are the only race that isn't allowed to feel proud. You should feel shame, and only shame. Your lot in life is to stretch your arms on a cross and nail yourself to it. I recognize how idiotic this is as much as you do, but considering the things you've said, you should feel shame for many more reasons than the colour of your skin. You're perpetuating racism rather than shooting for equality. You should read the book "Guns, Germs, And Steel" to learn about why there isn't parity among the worlds nations and races. It has nothing to do with the colour of anyone's skin.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 17:05.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Conflict: Global Terror
4. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 16:40 Clone

They copy and paste the code into a new document. That's good enough to call it "rewritten"!

18. Scholarships? Oct 6, 2005, 04:32 Clone

Just to chime in and further derail this thread: At my high-school there were a crapload of scholarships "available" that I didn't qualify for. One specifically stated that you had to be of Italian descent, another you had to be a mainlander Chinese descendant, others east-Indian, etc. etc. I don't think, as someone with white skin, that I qualified for a single scholarship, and if I did it was out of my reach, because it was available for everyone, like all scholarships should be.

If anyone offered a scholarship that stipulated the recipient had to be white, well, heads would roll. I grew up in south Burnaby, BC, btw. When minorities do things like this, it's "helping the community!", if white people do something like this, it's a clear cut case of racism. Personally, I think it's stupid, and race discrimination ought not to be supported by the education system. Having school-recognized groups like "The East-Indian Friends Club", and "The Asian Alliance", is bad enough, but then to offer benefits based on race - well, that's just going the distance. It's all f*cked up.

I'm not a racist screwball, my girlfriend of 3 years is Chinese. She also belonged to a "Reach Out Against Racism" group here in Calgary, Alberta. I sat in on a few sessions. It boiled down to, basically, the white people there willingly nailing themselves to crosses and people of every other skin colour supplying the hammers and nails. She has since quit the group - but yea. I don't know. To repeat: It's all f*cked up. Year of the boomerang, I guess.

Oh, and the notion that minorities are not interested in technology, computers, etc. Well, go f*ck yourself. That's as racist as any of this other crap.

News Comments > Saturday Matinee
4. Re: SWBF deux Sep 24, 2005, 06:25 Clone

What appeals to me about this one, over the first one, is the mix of Space Combat in there. I was a big fan of X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and of course the multiplayer goodness of XvT. Granted, I haven't played much of the first Battlefront, but it did feel like it needed more polish. If the Space Combat is half as good as those aforementioned titles though, I will have to pick it up. But somehow I doubt it. Which is why you should try it out for me and let me know! *caugh*

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Secrecy Power Sinks Patent Case Sep 20, 2005, 19:13 Clone

Yes, what happened in that article is truly pathetic.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Steam Plans
78. Re: FATMAN Sep 20, 2005, 06:24 Clone

Nobody gives a crap about any of your so-called "accomplishments" Zephalephelah. How many chicks you've bedded? How many figures does your salary contain? How many sports have you played? How much can you bench press? A modelling career? OMG *giggle giggle* you're so cool. What an incredibly superficial measuring stick you have for success. Hey, just keep up with those Jones', give 'em hell, son! Nice of you to window-dress your masturbatory post as a retort. GG.

63. Re: Steam good, retail stores bad Sep 19, 2005, 21:17 Clone

Yea - the only problem is that your guys' staff meetings and cubicle conversations aren't really very funny either. I can just see myself outside, in a van labelled "Plumber" or something, covertly listening via bugs I've placed in the offices of the local engineering office, and HOWLING with uproarious laughter. Oh, wait, on second thought, maybe this comic should be confined to the pages of company newsletters.

hehe, I'm being a bit scathing, of course. There have been some clever Dilbert strips, but they're few and far between. But hey, that still makes it a notch above most comic strips.

48. Re: Steam good, retail stores bad Sep 19, 2005, 19:43 Clone

The only thing this post proves is that Dilbert really isn't very funny.

News Comments > Gold - F.E.A.R.
61. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2005, 19:52 Clone

Um, The Exorcist, maybe? (The Shining - 1980, The Exorcist - 1973) The Shining barely had creepy little girls in it, really. But yes, I'm sure there are earlier examples.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Overreact much? Sep 16, 2005, 04:09 Clone

You know, the Revolution won't be the only console system available. If you guys want to play an endless stream of rehashes (hasn't gaming grown stale to anyone else?), then by all means, pick up a 360 or a PS3 - you might be lucky if you find 2 or 3 games that actually offer up new gameplay ideas or innovation. There's really no need to be outraged.

The controller design isn't finalized (and Nintendo doesn't just BS about that, they did round off and improve the DS slightly before release), so let's all wait to pass judgement.

I, for one, am absolutely thrilled. The 360, with it's 2 versions (what a mistake) will split the user base forcing everyone to the lowest common denominator. The PS3 might be promising - if it delivers on the lies of its pre-rendered videos. I was really disgusted by what was going to be offered in this so called "next generation". At least this will offer some new gameplay ideas, and not just the same old games with shinier graphics. Maybe it will flick a switch in the minds of some developers - get them excited about gaming again, get them innovating a bit again. It's not designed to play hostess to more boring multi-platform shovelware.

I think some of you might re-consider your positions after you see the potential for lightsaber fights, football throwing, FPS games (this is a really minor one, but it makes the revolution the best console platform for them), stick-control in hockey games. Fishing games could be (gasp) fun. Watch some of the videos. Even the promotional videos that don't show games in action really get across some ideas. Conducting an orchestra, with two sticks you could play a drum set. Or cocking a shotgun with one hand (pimp). With the (admittedly ridiculous-looking attachment), you could play most traditional games (like the aforementioned hockey - I just think deking with my right hand would be unbelievably cool)

This will probably be the console I buy this generation, and the fact that it will come cheaper than the other two is a plus too.

People have been screaming for innovation, and we're all bored of these crappy sequels to WW2 shooters (I had to). Maybe this will inject some new blood. At least Nintendo is trying something new.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Free Add-on
5. Re: You are tiny grasshopper! Sep 10, 2005, 03:53 Clone

Well, Charlie don't surf!
Couldn't resist.

News Comments > NHL 06 Demo
9. Re: Umm...W00T? Aug 27, 2005, 15:12 Clone

Enh, I could do without Cloutier. I just hope the Cooker gets inked... I can't wait to see Bertuzzi back this season either. It's gonna be interesting.

News Comments > NHL 06 Demo
3. Re: Umm...W00T? Aug 27, 2005, 06:01 Clone

EA is only concerned with profit, not accuracy. The Maple Leafs, whether we in the west like it or not (I'm from Vancouver, die-hard Canucks fan, currently living in Calgary - the hatred for the "Laffs" is universal), is the most followed NHL team in Canada. EA just wants maximum exposure. It's good that the demo only runs for 5 minutes, because judging from what the Maple Leafs lineup is going to look like this coming season, any longer than 5 minutes would probably result in a career-ending concussion for at least 3 seperate players.

News Comments > Games for Soldiers
10. What? Dec 3, 2004, 13:53 Clone

No love for the Gamecube?

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Not to mention... Nov 29, 2004, 18:40 Clone

Not to mention the fact that there is absolutely no crowd to speak of. So much for "being there". Anyone who has tried the demo knows that this is just another piece of crap budget game. So they want to "disprove" the conspiracy theory by going brute force? They state bluntly how incredibly difficult the shots Oswald took would be to reproduce, but I guess if you get infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters - well, you know the rest. Bam! Conspiracy debunked, because somebody somewhere sometime managed to recreate the magic-bullet scenario with their hokey ballistics and "revolutionary" rag-dolls. Eeeyea...

28 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo