Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Arthur A.

Real Name Arthur A.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Animals for Crackers
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 29, 2003, 07:42
Total Comments 748 (Apprentice)
User ID 17879

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id on Mobile Gaming
6. Re: Quoteworthy - id on Mobile Gaming Jul 24, 2011, 22:32 Animals for Crackers

An old MS-DOS game with a 320x200 resolution on a small screen would view just fine. Way to hyperbole, yuastnav.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2011, 17:11 Animals for Crackers

I don't sweat anything.

Bullshit. Your privilege is showing.

Random chance has been kind to you; the reason why you're able to blithely proclaim "I don't sweat anything.". Under different circumstances, I highly doubt you'd be able to maintain such ideological purity. Must be nice to enjoy such a luxury, eh?

It is sorta hilarious and cute that you attribute such a quality to yourself and not the general agreeableness of your surroundings though.

One of my grandfathers died ~ten years ago (I was in high school) and my mother was pretty torn up. I played the stoic son for a time not out of sympathy or empathy but because that was the easiest way. I didn't run around exclaiming bull shit. "Oh, he's with god now. Oh, he's gone on to a better place." This horseshit is what placates the masses, and I'll not be party to delusional lines of thought.

Deferring to God in times of tragedy is delusional and offensive to me as well; if anything it shows an utter lack of empathy towards other living, breathing, feeling, sentient beings. As if to say, hey, the senseless deaths of loved ones are part of God's grand plan! Isn't that just WONDERFUL? Isn't GOD JUST WONDERFUL? Yetch. I'm reminded of death cults...but I guess those are just people expressing empathy in the only way they know how.

Fortunately, your what-I-assume-to-be unintentional straw-man isn't an indictment of human empathic thought but of religious/superstitious thought and how it co-opts perfectly normal human behaviors and twists and perverts them into something rather nasty and devaluing to overall human dignity. Thank dog that isn't empathy.

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 2011, 18:38.

News Comments > More TF2 Über Update Details
9. Re: More TF2 Über Update Details Jun 23, 2011, 00:28 Animals for Crackers

Very true.

News Comments > More TF2 Über Update Details
7. Re: More TF2 Über Update Details Jun 22, 2011, 23:47 Animals for Crackers

The shotgun seems like the biggest boon to soldiers to me, out of the three.

The Liberty Launcher seems like a weird hybrid of the Blackbox and Direct Hit; less rockets, half the speed of the Direct Hit and with none of the splash damage/radius penalties, but sans the two attributes that make either of its counterparts any useful or worth withstanding the associated penalties for in the first place (the mini-crits and healing).

Though there may be something to be said for the ability to pop enemies into the air more quickly than ever(and with none of those pesky Direct Hit blast-related penalties) for an easy kill with the new shotty. Looks like they'll compliment each other well.

The Market Gardener shall be great fun at the expense of battlement camping snipers and other undesirables everywhere. Highly appropriate name for it too.

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
23. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 20:06 Animals for Crackers

The COMPETITIVE MULTI component of the game is the "Rage Combat Rally" which is essentially 8 people in buggies blowing the shit out of each other. No, it is not FPS Deathmatch, but it is still competitive multi.

I'm wondering whether you'll be able to get out of your vehicle or not in this mode. Have they elaborated on that?

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
57. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 20:51 Animals for Crackers

In fact, I think the reason the non-inverted people make such a big deal out of it is because they know they are doing it backwards.

So much for "there's no right or wrong way".

News Comments > On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel
29. Re: On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel Apr 26, 2011, 07:55 Animals for Crackers

Glad to hear it, even if they're still woefully under-utilized. It's something. Thanks.  

News Comments > On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel
27. Re: On Portal 2's Axed Puke Gel Apr 26, 2011, 06:23 Animals for Crackers

So here I was, another one convinced I'd see those goddamn crusher plates in the single-player campaign, there's something very Super Mario World about outrunning obstacles and doing other acrobatic maneuvers to stay ahead and keep that forward momentum going before they catch up with and crush you (the speedrun potential especially, see: some of the levels in Super Meat Boy). That E3 gameplay vid was what had me really psyched about the direction they were taking Portal in.

Eventually beat the game, turns out, no goddamn crusher plates except for one scripted event (edit: just remembered, there's actually two very fleeting instances, both scripted)! Sad face indeed.

So I thought and tried to convince myself, "Oh, they're probably in the coop since that's supposedly harder and more complex than the single-player, right? Yeah, that's it!", half-knowing that it probably isn't true.

So it's not true is it? Not even in the coop? Drats.

Custom content or even official PC exclusive content with the express purpose of being more challenging could not come quicker.

This comment was edited on Apr 26, 2011, 07:09.

News Comments > Portal 2 Countdown?
19. Re: Portal 2 Countdown? Apr 23, 2011, 00:24 Animals for Crackers

Hater always gonna hate.

Or, more appropriately, taters gonna tate.

News Comments > Portal 2 Countdown?
11. Re: Portal 2 Countdown? Apr 22, 2011, 21:55 Animals for Crackers

Advanced Chambers please!

Like Ray, I felt the game ended alittle abruptly, right when it was starting to get interesting, game mechanic wise. No complaints about the narrative arc whatsover but the gameplay is too damned interesting for me to want to stop.

I'm guessing co-op, to some extent, fulfills that itch for more complexity, but it'd be nice to get some more complex puzzles in single-player, standalone or otherwise.

Looking forward to what the community pumps out! Anyone know of any decent content out there yet?

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
40. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 18:50 Animals for Crackers

Minor correction 4D, in so much as I dislike Black Ops, I'm pretty sure it has dedicated servers.

As this clip is a big step up from the previous "trailer", I'm really hoping id is saving the best for last as we get closer to release.

Full disclosure here, I have a strong psychological need to see id succeed on this one. Go id!

I'd be a happy camper with having no multiplayer options if the single-player made up for it.

News Comments > Portal/Portal 2 Comic Part 1
9. Re: Portal/Portal 2 Comic Part 1 Apr 10, 2011, 11:15 Animals for Crackers

The artist is Andrea Wicklund. Writers are Valve's own.  

News Comments > Hawken Gameplay Trailer
25. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 17:45 Animals for Crackers

Yes, not a mech sim.

It's also not "UT with jetpacks" either. There seems to be SOME amount of system critical resource management/strategic elements shown here like avoidance of overheating, managing use of jumpjets, a more information-rich HUD than your average UT clone, etc. I wonder if there will be energy based weapons which draw from a common power supply a la Tribes.

Hoping there's a bit more Mech sim staples as well that might not be apparent or implemented yet; some form of part customization would be nice, different sized 'mechs' which play different roles in combat, and most importantly (for me at least), locational damage/the ability to target specific body parts to disable unfavorable weapons, abilities, or hinder movement (from this video that isn't looking likely, I'm still holding out hope though).

I also noticed a power-slide-like ability reminiscent of Virtual On. Actually, a lot of this reminds me of Virtual On mixed with Mech Warrior and some Steel Battalion, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This looks like a fun diversion, something different.

News Comments > More GTA V Indications?
21. Re: More GTA V Indications? Mar 29, 2011, 16:08 Animals for Crackers

...or in the Demolition Man "mellow greetings!" world.

Good call, hadn't even thought of that. The juxtaposition of isolated ultra-violence clashing with an entire society of ultra-pacifism...

News Comments > More GTA V Indications?
19. Re: More GTA V Indications? Mar 29, 2011, 15:29 Animals for Crackers

I'd like to see either a sequel to Vice City or a new GTA set in a gritty, film-noir inspired dystopian future, a la Bladerunner or something like that.  

News Comments > Steam Video Recording Nears, Mobile Steam Possible
13. Re: Steam Video Recording Nears, Mobile Steam Possible Mar 22, 2011, 14:01 Animals for Crackers

Steam on iOS PSN? that's ambitious. I highly doubt that Apple Sony will allow something like that.

If the iOS version of Steam has limited functionality with features that don't directly compete with Apple's own, I don't see why not. This would have the potential to attract/give incentive for new customers who otherwise wouldn't bother with their platform.

News Comments > 20 Years of Blizzard
8. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 03:13 Animals for Crackers

Samwise is one sexy female dwarf.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details
9. Re: Serious Sam 3 Screenshots, Details Feb 28, 2011, 11:47 Animals for Crackers

Part of the charm for me has always been the super-mismatched, tacky as all shit, consistently inconsistent art-style/sound-design from one mob type to the next. Not to mention the completely arbitrary location settings.

It reminds me of what an FPS straight out of and with the sensibilities of the mid-80's (if the tech existed then) would look/act like. Fail so massive it collapses under its own weight and explodes into a supernova of pure win.

I think I understand what you're saying though; if they're going to be goofy/cheesy, they might as well not dick around and dive right in.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2011, 11:58.

News Comments > More on C&C Revival Plans
8. Re: More on C&C Revival Plans Feb 25, 2011, 00:52 Animals for Crackers

Renegades 2 or gtfo.  

News Comments > Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful
19. Re: Bethesda: RAGE Demo Doubtful Jan 21, 2011, 03:23 Animals for Crackers

Saddened to know we won't be seeing something like a q3_test for this game.

It'd be nice to get a ballpark figure on performance before I end up wasting money, unable to play on my mid-range machine. Heck, I remember trying to get Doom 2 to run on my old AST computer with 4 megs of RAM, getting less than a frame per second and still LIKING it. A turn-based slide-show Doom was better than no Doom at all.

Well, I'm not 11 anymore so I need a frigging demo please.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2011, 03:29.

748 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo