Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1342 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Patches
1. Good Times Jan 23, 2007, 11:39 ColoradoHoudini

I am having a blast with the new content! Tons of great quests, awesome new areas to explore, kickass new mobs (a warp stalker.. get the fuck out of here!) killer new instances.. everything is awesome.
As soon as I ride into a new zone I am giddy like a schoolgirl.
Just hit Nagrand lat night, really beautiful place.
We have 4 lvl 70's in the guild, so neat to see them come swooping in on their flying mounts

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vanguard Dated
24. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2007, 18:52 ColoradoHoudini

I remember reading casual WoW players complaints on the WoW official forums calling for Vanguard to kill or otherwise hurt WoW's numbers. These whiny casuals claiming they were going to jump to Vanguard because WoW had problems.. etc..
basic whinter casual bullshit..

Now they are backtracking like a muthafucker saying that they will wait, or jumping to warhammer.. anything to somehow dethrone or otherwise bump WoW a bit.
After readin tons of forums, and talking to beta testers ..it sure seems that Vanguard fails to deliver.

News Comments > WoW Larger Than 145 Countries
39. Re: Wow on WOW Jan 11, 2007, 18:48 ColoradoHoudini

I can't wait for the expansion.. gonna be a bunch of us from work (like 12 at least) getting together for a movie and dinner and then hitting up EB for our pickup.
Nerds?
yep.. and damn proud!

FOR THE HORDE!

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
1. woot! Jan 9, 2007, 18:27 ColoradoHoudini

I can't wait for this.. finally the expansion is here (well, in another week).
tons of new content, tons of new 5 mans and 10 mans.. and a ridiculously involved line to get attuned for the final instance (as of now).
Oh man.. so excited!

Xodiak
Tauren Shaman
Haomarush - PvP - server
Internecion (guild)

I saw a few vid clips on the new encounters and damn they are impressive.
The Wizard of Oz one is great. The chess one, looks interesting and unique-in a good way.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Beta Signups
9. Re: No subject Jan 5, 2007, 22:46 ColoradoHoudini

Signed up..
done and done

News Comments > Gold - World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
40. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2007, 12:16 ColoradoHoudini

It's a great game, no two ways about it.
I am writing this while my alt is flying down to Tanaris..(hunter alt, main is a shaman)

cant wait for the expansion.. so much new stuff, those new 5-mans look great, and is it Karazhan(sp?) that has the Wizard of Oz encounter? looks great.. the chess match too.

7 bosses down in Naxx

News Comments > Dark Sector PC Cancelled
36. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2006, 08:36 ColoradoHoudini

I thought this was Dark Sector, the space'ish almost MMO-type game?
What the hell game is this? the screenshots look nothing like what i remember of a game called "Dark Sector".

can someone help me out please

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
23. Re: No subject Dec 5, 2006, 18:39 ColoradoHoudini

WoW continues to make me a happy camper. Now my shaman gets Earthen Shield which looks pretty damn kickass.

saying that GW requires skill is the WoW casual whiners way of saying "i couldnt get good gear in WoW so i left and now i'm crying about it by saying it should be about skill in an MMORPG"
even though.. no MMORPG is about skill nearly as much as it is about progession and progression based gear.

again.. GW "skills" zealots are WoW casual whiners, this cannot be refuted. my word is gospel

News Comments > EVE Online Expands Tuesday
5. Re: sounds interesting Nov 26, 2006, 18:28 ColoradoHoudini

I tried like the dickens to get into Eve.. but ultimately, i felt that the game was more like work, and less like fun. That's too bad too, because I know it's a good game.. i just cant pour another 12+ hours into the game when it feels like I'm working instead of having fun

/yeah, i said "dickens".

News Comments > The Late Show - New ET: Quake Wars Movie
24. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2006, 16:42 ColoradoHoudini

they couldve sent up a better video.. first off, was he playing against retards or bots?

didnt show too much, the tutorial videos are still teh best ones out there.. and those show off the game better.

News Comments > BF2142 & BF2 Patch Plans
16. Re: Tarded Nov 9, 2006, 20:09 ColoradoHoudini

bizarro:

I played the pants off of BF1942.. kicked mad ass in BF2 (bugs and all), beta tested 2142 for a few weeks and then played the demo for another few weeks. I even tried out the full game and checked the maps out and played a good bit of time in the full game (i downloaded the full game to try it out). I know what I am missing and it't not a lot.

News Comments > BF2142 & BF2 Patch Plans
10. Re: Tarded Nov 9, 2006, 16:53 ColoradoHoudini

I am SO glad i didnt buy this game. I could name all the reasons why, but we here, and the Battlefield official forums have covered them in great detail.

I'll continue playing WoW and the occasional RTS until ET:QW comes out.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Dated
16. Re: No subject Nov 9, 2006, 16:51 ColoradoHoudini

For those people not able to join a real raiding guild and enjoy all the raid dungeons, i can see why they would say that the game went downhill, or at the least, grew stale.
For those of us that raid with a sucessful group of people, the game continues to be an awesome experience.

5 bosses down in Naxx..still going strong.

Such a great game, and i just found out that the new office I transferred to has a handful of WoW players, nice!

I cannot wait for the expansion, good times are a comin!

News Comments > Earth 2160 Patch
1. . Nov 9, 2006, 16:42 ColoradoHoudini

If you guys enjoy a good RTS, pick this up. I feel it was grossly overlooked but a damn fine RTS. The level of unit depth alone is worth the purchase. This game had some incredible units unlike any i have ever seen before.

one thing that stands out, the rail-mounted defense guns..
you build a wall and the guns ride the rails for defense, instead of just sitting there stationary.. very simple, but very intuitive and damn impressive.

very good game.

News Comments > WoW: The Burning Crusade Delay
35. Re: Don't knock it till you tried it. Oct 25, 2006, 15:12 ColoradoHoudini

Love the game.. and have loved it since closed beta.. much fun.

Now.. do i want to level a hunter to 60 now, or wait and level a Blood Elf to 60? hrmm..
Enjoying the hell out of the end game .. we have 5 bosses down in Naxx..Patchwerk is killing us though.
"Patchwerk want to play"

I have never run out something to do in that game.. god damn i love it.

and I'm moving (this weekend) to Florida and in my new office ther are about 7 WoW players, to include some execs..haha.. too bad they are all Alliance

News Comments > BF2142 Conflict
39. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2006, 01:13 ColoradoHoudini

I know I am not buying the game, at lest.. not a for a long while.
First.. there will be many patches to add and exploits to fix.
second.. quake Wars
third.. WoW expansion
fourth.. i'm moving in a week

I am so glad this game is coming out now.. no temptation to purchase it.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Personal Data Clarification
34. Re: Oct 18, 2006, 11:51 ColoradoHoudini

Advertisements aside.. I'm not buying it just because i think it costs too much for not a lot of anything new, and i feel that what is new, is done poorly.

News Comments > Digital Distribution Deals
6. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2006, 18:52 ColoradoHoudini

"Can anyone comment on the CoD 2 multiplayer? I might pick it up just for a multiplayer fix."

I can only comment on it from a perspective of someone that went from BF2 to CoD2..
I thought the hitscan was perfect, the damage was good, if not sometimes a bit heavy, the flow was fun too..
actually, i rather liked it. but only the infantry friendly maps where they put you right in the action.

There were some maps that were too big and i felt like i was out of the good action for most of the map.

so bottom line, i thought it was fun.

News Comments > BF2142 Demo Server
29. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2006, 12:43 ColoradoHoudini

btw:
The Advanced tab in your server browser shows you more info.. such as actual pings and stuff

News Comments > BF2142 Demo Server
28. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2006, 12:36 ColoradoHoudini

"http://www.desinc.net/bf2142_review"
I'd add:

I think the argument against Titan interior defense completely misses a bigger point of "automated" or perhaps even "player controlled" defenses.
Imagine playing on the demo map with 16 players per side. 5 silos, 1 titan and 2 airships. Now tell me how the fuck am I supposed to engage in "war" and attack/defend 5 silos, defend my titan, attack the enemies titan with 16 people? Won't happen.
So to help out some of the people, I'd love to see automated interior defenses.. and perhaps something that forces all the action into both titans..otherwise, i'll only play on 64 man servers.

"My question is why does the anti-aircraft, just like in battlefield 2, only have 2 missles and there are no missles that auto lock on. I mean, those were invented right?"

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the AA locks on and has infinite missiles.. they just take a moment to recharge.
Where you hear the long, loud beep noise.. thats a lockon. I think the reticle change is bugged and doesnt show it properly though.

"the year is 2142, and that is as far as our soldier can
run"

The QW fellas said that you can sprint as far as you want to in their game, they said that they figured the soldiers of the future would be in even better shape then they are now.
That being said, I don't think the running problem would even be an issue if the map was not so fucking dependant upon armor to get you everywhere. Can you imagine a 32 player server, same sized map and you spawn at a silo without a jeep? holy hell it would take forever to get anywhere and see any action.
Same way in the beta map.

"The only problem I have with the vehicles is they are slow and have no horse power"

There really is no excuse for that.

Also, as people have pointed out, sometimes the map loads without the proper textures. such as the interior to the titan being bland grey, or the outside being entirely dusty brown.

1342 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo