Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1359 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > World of StarCraft?
41. Re: Starcraft May 5, 2007, 22:58 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I could easily see a MMORTS ... that would make a lot of sense. However, there are so many questions in that genre that would have to be answered.
(wasnt there a game called.. Ballerium(?) that was going to be a MMORTS?
How big would you let someones force get? is a faceless force enough to give me a personal connection to my troops? Do I get a main hero unit? The more I think about it, the more I don't see a MMORTS--to many questions.
FPS. well maybe.. and I'd be interested for sure.

or a regular Starcraft 2? sure.. why not. although I found that i didnt really get into Starcraft and found other RTS's better than both Starcraft and Warcraft.. off the top of my head.. Warlords Battlecry wtfowned Warcraft in every facet save for graphics.

If we are placing wagers.. I'd say MMOFPS.. why the fuck not.

/had a bit to drink tonight..rambling on

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains Chapter 9
10. Re: No subject May 4, 2007, 19:11 ColoradoHoudini

I absolutely LOVED CoH for a few months.. 6 ish? But the one thing it was lacking was crafting, it made the game lack depth.
I remember being a blaster and thinking "i have a gun, but I cant get a better gun.. or craft a new one".. and this was before WoW and before I knew what a real MMO was..i still new that i shouldve been able to craft stuff.

I still have the CoH cd's kicking around somewhere.. and considering I hate what WoW is doing with Shaman (my main).. i might give CoH/CoV a reacharound.

The travelling in the game, the characters, the smoothness of the playstyle.. was awesome. If CoH had the auction houses and crafting -like WoW.. from day 1.. I still might be playing it.

If they ever make a CoH2.. and I dont see why they wouldn't, I will pick it up.

i think i will reinstall CoH this weekend.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
2. Re: Sweet! May 1, 2007, 19:07 ColoradoHoudini

I didnt play a lot of this game.. but i did play a good bit, and in the bit i played i didnt see a damn single fault in the game..

for whatever that's worth.

oh, it should be noted that I suck at RTS's and have fuck all knowledge of how they should play.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Glasses Apr 30, 2007, 19:57 ColoradoHoudini

Blue et al:

try:

zennioptical.com

for cheap, yet damn good glasses. A lot of Farkers (www.fark.com) have used them and rave about their prices and quality.

go check em out.

you're welcome

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 19:57.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Trailer
35. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2007, 10:15 ColoradoHoudini

Task has it right...

why can't we play as the "other" side for once? that'd be kinda cool. Going back to CoD1(maybe 2) when the boats were hitting the beach and the russian soldier popped one of his own guys, I would've loved to had been on the other side of that.

artillery strikes, sniping, and then falling back to different defensive positions when your forward one is lost.. that would've been pretty neato.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
1. Warhammer pushed back Apr 28, 2007, 17:29 ColoradoHoudini

It's a shame that they had to push it back.. although I completely understand why. From everything I have gathered from my guild, the official and unofficial forums and general in-game chatter, people are very upset with the changes made, the nerfs, the PvP issues and the PvE problems.

I know that I am having a hard time finding a reason to log in right now, but I am a Shaman (most useless class) so that's to be understood.

BUFF SHAMAN!

News Comments > Call of Duty 4 Trailer
14. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2007, 17:22 ColoradoHoudini

That trailer looked hotter than sex inside a leather tent!

I pretty much loved everything about CoD 1 and 2 ..and a modern CoD title makes me happy.

.woot.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Irfanview Apr 24, 2007, 21:10 ColoradoHoudini

Irfanview is the best image viewer I have ever used, going back to .. err.. 1996'ish (maybe?).
although I don't think I need to tell you PC-savvy fellas how good it is.

I'll just talk to myself now.

News Comments > PC Gaming Rebounds?
46. Re: Brick and Mortar Apr 23, 2007, 20:02 ColoradoHoudini

A couple of PC games that I have purchased semi-recently that I think are helping the overall PC cause(all solid games):
WoW TBC
C&C 3
STALKER
Supreme Commander
Dawn of War-and expansions
Company of Heroes

of course I will be ass deep in ET:QW when it drops...TF2 as well.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Eight Reasons Why the Xbox 360 Elit Apr 20, 2007, 18:07 ColoradoHoudini

I'm a PC gamer first and foremost.. but I will buy whichever console comes out with a new Killer Instinct game.

although I do have a 50inch HDTV and tons of living room space for Wii fun.

News Comments > id & Valve Assets in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?
2. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2007, 20:08 ColoradoHoudini

I don't know much (but I know I love you).. about video game design, but this can't be just a wild similarity.

So does this prove that the Stalker folks stole source code or can anyone open up the texture files and copy them? Some one help me understand this please.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
3. Re: sweet Mar 26, 2007, 16:06 ColoradoHoudini

The demo was great.. mucho fun to play this one.. buying it.
-for single player only though, i SUCK at RTS's.

News Comments > On C&C3 Bugs
12. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2007, 17:09 ColoradoHoudini

I dug the feeling of the demo, seemed crisp and worked well.
I have to comment on walls though, I love em and would love to have them in any RTS I play. I mean, who builds a base without walls? In real life, when I deployed to a location with the military, the first thing we did was set up a perimeter, walls, defenses, sentrys..sure that's real life..but come on.. are they game-breaking? doubt it.. put em in!
i love the walls in Earth 2160.. the rail mounted sentry gun, awesome. it travels the length of the wall..it's not stationary.

One thing i loved about Warlords:Battlecry was all teh wall options you had in that game.. it fit in perfectly. That and a few other reasons is why i chose that game over Warcraft 3 hands fucking down. (spells, heroes, units..etc were much better.. hell, it was a better game in every regard except the graphics).

okay, enough rambling.
This comment was edited on Mar 8, 17:12.

News Comments > EVE Online Follow-up Coming
3. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2007, 21:30 ColoradoHoudini

I tried to get into Eve.. gave it a long try yet it seemed liked a job and nothing like a game.

weird problem though.. however I bet it happens in WoW as well. I think it's common knowledge that a few Blizzard devs play with a few top guilds. there have been assumptions made about content tricks and tops being leaked.. as well as issues, gear, etc being handled in certain ways.

Bad spot on their record for certain, their fanbase seems to be smarter, older or at least more mature..wonder how they are taking this

News Comments > THQ Sequel Plans
25. Re: Hopefully Feb 5, 2007, 00:41 ColoradoHoudini

I kinda liked Red Faction MP.. reminded me of Quake 1 3Wave.. as odd as that sounds.

News Comments > Universe at War: Earth Assault Announcement
3. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2007, 23:36 ColoradoHoudini

looks pretty damn cool

News Comments > Enemy Territory Quake Wars Delayed, Maybe
36. Re: AGREE! Jan 26, 2007, 18:31 ColoradoHoudini

QW 3Wave CTF/Thunderwalker CTF
Tribes 1
Wolf:ET
UT

Are FPS's I regard as "perfect". I think they lasted as long as they did was because they were very well made games, not just the price, not just the timing..it was that they were very well made games.

i can wait for ET:QW ..and when does UT2k7 come out anyhow? Those are my next two FPS's

News Comments > WoW Patches
1. Good Times Jan 23, 2007, 11:39 ColoradoHoudini

I am having a blast with the new content! Tons of great quests, awesome new areas to explore, kickass new mobs (a warp stalker.. get the fuck out of here!) killer new instances.. everything is awesome.
As soon as I ride into a new zone I am giddy like a schoolgirl.
Just hit Nagrand lat night, really beautiful place.
We have 4 lvl 70's in the guild, so neat to see them come swooping in on their flying mounts

News Comments > Vanguard Dated
24. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2007, 18:52 ColoradoHoudini

I remember reading casual WoW players complaints on the WoW official forums calling for Vanguard to kill or otherwise hurt WoW's numbers. These whiny casuals claiming they were going to jump to Vanguard because WoW had problems.. etc..
basic whinter casual bullshit..

Now they are backtracking like a muthafucker saying that they will wait, or jumping to warhammer.. anything to somehow dethrone or otherwise bump WoW a bit.
After readin tons of forums, and talking to beta testers ..it sure seems that Vanguard fails to deliver.

News Comments > WoW Larger Than 145 Countries
39. Re: Wow on WOW Jan 11, 2007, 18:48 ColoradoHoudini

I can't wait for the expansion.. gonna be a bunch of us from work (like 12 at least) getting together for a movie and dinner and then hitting up EB for our pickup.
Nerds?
yep.. and damn proud!

FOR THE HORDE!

1359 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo