Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1399 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellgate London Subscription Rates
41. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 18:58 ColoradoHoudini

I am none too thrilled about the videos I have seen.. so yeah, I am admitting that I am going to "test" the game first.. and if the expansions are something I deem material that should've been in the game in the first place.. i'll acquire that via suspicious means as well.

I am not contributing to this greedmachine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Airborne Demo
18. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 15:50 ColoradoHoudini

I liked the video I saw of this game where ti starts out with a guy going down an alley, shooting.. throwing nades.. then it stops. The voiceover comes on and tells you why too many games follow this route and it sucks..
then goes to tell you about teh parachuting feature and how gameplay changes..
okay, they sold me on that.

-got the demo, waiting til after the gym to play
it's back and cardio today. I'm gonna get huge son.. HUGE!

News Comments > TF2 Soldier Movie
25. Re: Gameplay vid Aug 23, 2007, 09:59 ColoradoHoudini

ahaha man that was awesome looking.. very cool indeed.
and yeah, who knew they had funny folks working for them!!

cant wait for the game...the spy animations look badass..the smokey, disappearing act dealy.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in November
4. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 15:55 ColoradoHoudini

"great expectations lead to great disappointments, though"

the first step in failure is trying.

News Comments > BioShock Widescreen Workaround
18. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 14:31 ColoradoHoudini

I have an old school Sony 24inch CRT..widescreen.. i just figured it was my monitor.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in November
1. hooray Aug 22, 2007, 14:28 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I'll be picking this up.. linear or not, the mp is usually fun and the game is usually pretty damn cool.

there was a time i was playing CoD1 when my wive said "are you watching Band of Brothers".. heh.. kinda felt like i was playing it, very nice.
i expect a fairly good game here.

for the PC of course.

News Comments > BioShock Demo
45. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 22:23 ColoradoHoudini

"Grabbing the Company of Heroes demo right now.

oh what the fuck? I hate playing RTS's online.. i SUCK at them and only play solo.
ugh.

38. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 21:44 ColoradoHoudini

Fileplanet paying peoples:

A new Company of Heroes expansion beta is out there.. as well as Medal of Honor Airborne -demo preload.
Bioshock demo was short, don't think theres much replay, so throwing out some other titles to check out.

Grabbing the Company of Heroes demo right now. Anyone use the Fileplanet download manager? it doesnt seem to go as fast for me compared to if I just picked a random server. I'm getting the CoH exp demo at 200k a sec through the dload manager. My buddy is getting it at 650k through a regular paying FP server. sigh. makes no sense.

34. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 21:24 ColoradoHoudini

Holy shit this game is fucking incredible.
creepy, colorful, dark, spooky, eerie, intense.. it's everything.

19. Re: More Mirrors!! Aug 20, 2007, 20:25 ColoradoHoudini

Half Elf -- I'm in Orlando as well. the NW corner, near Altamonte Springs.. work in Winter Park.
=======
What's the deal with Comcast? I just got a flyer in the mail from them offering 12meg cable service for $24.95 a month for a year..I pay $50 for 7meg cable through Brighthouse right now.
The Comcast flyer said something about "Powerboost".. any idea on what the entails?
worth it?
-----------
installing the demo right now, I figure that most of you are playing at the moment.

7. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 19:27 ColoradoHoudini

Downloading through FP from Florida.. is faster from West Coast servers by 500kb..wtf?
793k west coast
280k east coast

sense, makes none.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Beta Reset Planned
15. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 15:32 ColoradoHoudini

I think the features of the game don't match the speed or the gameplay mechanics. I said from day 1 of the beta, and I say that now as someone playing Beta2 nightly. It just feels off.

I much prefer the Strogg weapons and vehicles to the GDF's.
the deployables seem like a nicety, but not a must have.
I'm left wondering where the internal base defenses are? you meant to tell me I have a base I am defending, but I have no internal turrets or whatever? good planning soldier.

I think I look at all the features this games has and think to myself "it should act and react like Tribes".. I am perhaps being unfair.

---------------------
re Tribes:V
I beta tested Tribes:V and was a vocal tester, reporting issues nonstop. I remember telling the devs and fanboys that if they kept up with their current speed and mechanics and going for the twitchyness, that the game wouldn't survive. I was told to shut up and leave.. turns out, I was right.
-----------
Unreal XMP was the closest thing we had to a real Tribes sequel, too bad that game ran like a pig on the highest end systems. If it were a stand alone game, on a better outdoorsy engine, it wouldve rocked everyone.
I heard that the guys that made Unreal XMP are doing work for UT3? that correct?

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Collector's Edition Announced
7. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 15:21 ColoradoHoudini

Without breaking the NDA, I'll say that I'm not terribly impressed with the game at all. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't know what's out there to look forward to, so I don't know the reason to keep playing.

In WoW, I knew there were mounts, the new items, big raids, cool dungeons with neat monsters and bosses.. etc. I could see how big the game was, and how much I had to look forward to. In TR, I can't see anything to look forward to. The devs haven't given me reason 1 to keep playing.

Also, as it has been said, I haven't seen one revolutionary thing in the game yet or coming that makes me say "awesome!".

One thing i absolutely hated about CoH was that the caves were horribly done, to the point where you can't see which way is up, or out.. TR has the same issue. very stuffy, and confusing in those damn caves.

There are so many little bothersome things in the game that I don't like.. for example, I cannot tell when a mob aggros on me. In WoW, you get a sound, and certain abilities get greyed out, and a mob window appears on your screen. If TR has that, i don't see it.

I dunno man, it just feels incomplete and like Fion said, shallow.

News Comments > New Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Beta 2 Client
7. Re: Badly done! Aug 15, 2007, 09:16 ColoradoHoudini

"The tempo of the game feels messed up, some of the game play elements want it to be a slow tactical shooter and others a frag a second type shooter."

YES. I have said this since day 1.
The speed of the game, does not match the features it has.

on the official forums my posts are under the name "Houdini"..if anyone here is a poster there.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Airborne Demo Next Week
13. Re: No subject Aug 14, 2007, 19:03 ColoradoHoudini

Looks pretty cool..I liked the movie that stopped the action and then said "this is how most FPS's are.. down the middle.. etc.."
pretty neat angle of attack there.

color me interested.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Preorders
11. Re: Another one Aug 9, 2007, 17:46 ColoradoHoudini

Fion:

I am perfectly okay with WAR being a lot like WoW.. and as much as I read about WAR, I like where it is going in every direction. It's where it differentiates from WoW that really has my attention--the questing and noticeable lack of repeating forced grinds or "get me a bear paw despite the fact that you killed 15 of them to get to me"..

---------
back on TR:
I like the future element of it to be certain, but it just doesnt feel "right", at least, not yet. Still need to read up on the features, nothing yet in the readings of vids of TR has grabbed me like the way stuff in WAR has.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Preorders
1. I think Aug 9, 2007, 13:47 ColoradoHoudini

I think that I'd be more excited about this game if I knew what the end was.. ya know, comparing to WoW.. knowing that in the early days I could get cool weapons from bosses in cool instances. Getting a mount at 40, seeing all the new spells/abilities I can learn, reading about the cool areas with anticipation..
right now in the TR beta, I simply feel like there's not going to be anything exciting coming up.

having said that, it is unique and i like the interaction with the combat system (duck doesnt seem to help, or.. i'm too lazy to use it..or.. i'm never fighting mobs where there are sandbags).

Oh, here's a thing I don't like.. I cannot distinguish between human players and NPC's (mobs or friendlys). No one can.

There are other nit-noy items and i hate to do it, but i compare the framework of the game to WoW..and it doesnt feel as polished.

I'll probably pick it up anyhow..especially once i learn more about the game.

Looking at how the Warhammer devs are doing their promotion, it leaves me wanting much more from every other upcoming game. If Warhammer is telling me about 50% of their game, Tabula Rasa is telling me about 5%..and that 5% is rather boring...and the 50% from Warhammer is OMG-I-WANT-THIS-GAME-NOW. Warhammer has the videos, the fan sites with the interviews, new info coming out from shows weekly if not every other day..and it's all interesting stuff.

I have read every piece of literature i can find on Tabula Rasa, and if you asked me to tell you what i know about the game or am looking forward to, i couldnt tell you anything..but if you asked me about Warhammer, I could fill you in with a solid few hours of conversation (and thats from only reading a small bit of the material out there).

wow i got long-winded there eh?

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 13:47.

News Comments > More on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
12. Re: But when will this be released? Aug 2, 2007, 15:59 ColoradoHoudini

I'm thinking that I will be playing Warhammer when this finally hits.
And with the way the Warhammer devs are going (less grinding, no needing to run ultra high content 10 times to get 1 drop or progress..and generally addressing all the stuff they see thats wrong with WoW) I don't see me going back to the grind fest that is WoW.

I spent a ton of time getting attuned to play content.. what the fuck? I had to run and rerun the same shit in order to enjoy future content?
and then.. if i werent in a really good guild, i'd never get to see the high end shit (we just entered Hyjal). I really dont like "working" in my video games.

Then theres the fact that my main is a shaman.. and that class has been misguided and wholly fucked since MC days. "the DPS hybrid" that has been better as raid/group healer than a DPS hybrid. ugh.
so then I'm left as a healer.. and if i want to go solo DPS and go kill mobs, i need to respec..and that costs me gold? fuck you.

Come on Warhammer!!

/quit WoW 4 months ago after whichever nerf shaman got once again.

News Comments > Mac QUAKE 4 Patch
1. Quake 4? Aug 2, 2007, 15:39 ColoradoHoudini

I remember a few months after this game came out when someone on this site posted a bit about playing it on the PC.
and I thought "it's out"?
Then checked the gamespy stats..it wasn't even on the board.
talk about a flop as a game.

Anyone think that the generic DM/CTF FPS has a future? TF2 seems cool, but will it have lasting appeal? will we see a Quake 5 in the same mold as Quake 4?

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 15:40.

News Comments > New WoW Add-on Spied?
6. Re: So anyone know whats new here? Aug 1, 2007, 08:26 ColoradoHoudini

They still need to fix shaman dammit!!
Since MC, the supposed offensive hybrid (their words, not mine) have been better served to play as full out healers.

1399 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo