Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1408 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power
1. Any Opinions Sep 13, 2007, 09:13 ColoradoHoudini

I saw a demo (i believe) for this game.. anyone try it?
any opinions on it?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis Beta Info - Updated
19. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2007, 09:09 ColoradoHoudini

zirik:

-The gamespeed doesnt match the features. radar, turrets, classes, upgrades, objectives, campaign mode etc.. and strafejumping, bunnyhopping and running at cheetah speeds?
-the vehicle controls are wonky
-the GDF weapons are at a disadvantage compared to the Strogg weps in terms of "what can you see when the shit hits the fan", meaning, the Strogg weapons fire lasers which can be used as a sort of tracer fire.
-the deployables are too tall/visible and take up too much of a footprint.
-the 3rd eye camera's detonation is rather useless
-from all but one of the forward spawn points on both maps, the GDF can take out the correctly-placed Strogg deployables from the safety of their base..because, the deployables stand out, and there are only a few places per map (thus far) where the deployables are best placed so you always know where they are placed.
-air vehicle controls blow
-again, the animations are garbage (Strogg grenade throw looks horrible)
-if I am a Strogg player, defending a Sewer, where are my native interior defenses? no built-in turrets?
-field ops rather useless indoors. (wheres my smaller anti infantry turret?)
-the official videos show a slightly faster than BF, slightly slower than quake game speed with what appears to be coordinated attacks.. the game is nothing like that. ..creative marketing? purposeful deception? whatever..
-no VoIP, despite squads.. which btw, are wholly useless anyhow.

8vs8 (clan gaming preference) is horrible. Too many vehicles, deployables care vs in the fight fray = not going to happen. I ruined games by taking the RL/Strogg equivalent..name escapes me.. and just taking out the deployables. The enemy couldnt repair them/deploy them faster than i could take them out. kicker.. i was taking them out from inside my base, or near the friendly confines.

did you get all that?

News Comments > UT3 Date Uncertain
10. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 18:41 ColoradoHoudini

As long as it;s good and satisfies my FPS craving... because I don't see ETQW doing that.

failing that, there's TF2, CoD4 and whatever else for FPS MP play.

News Comments > Hip-Hop RPG
16. Re: Why? Sep 5, 2007, 20:02 ColoradoHoudini

Oh my god..
as a rap fan i HATE gangsta or down south ghetto ass trash rap..
i like good rap, yes, there is good rap (hello Mos Def, J5, Atmosphere etc..) and Master P is nothing close to good rap.

This can't and won't be anything good for a million reasons.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Beta Update
14. Re: Warhammer beta Sep 5, 2007, 19:55 ColoradoHoudini

I read about the game daily.. and perhaps overwhelmed myself with info and got too hyped up..
ended up reactivating my WoW account after 4 months of being canceled because I was so excited about playing an MMO again I needed to play something.

I am a bit skeptical and excited about Warhammer.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Airborne
17. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2007, 19:06 ColoradoHoudini

I liked the demo, a few nitpicks:

1. The enemy seemed to not care if i was 5 feet away from him in the next room shooting all his friends, he still stared out of the window into the street.
2. Seems like the hitscan is either off, or enemys take way too much damage before they drop.
3. ammo seemed scarce at best. It was better to keep stealing weapons from the enemy.. making the initial loadout "feature" rather useless.

i did enjoy the sounds and overall feel though. I will still pick it up.
god dammit.. how many games does that make?

Quake Wars (if I decide to)
TF2
UT3
CoD 4
Crysis
Gears of War (never played the console game)
World in Conflict (i was impressed)
Company of Heroes expansion
Universe at War --looks cool..not sure i'll have time for another RTS though.
Hellgate: ahaha fuck you and you're subscription shit. I hope the extra features get hacked and unlocked so i can download them.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Next Week
10. Re: ... Sep 4, 2007, 18:55 ColoradoHoudini

I just have a feeling that a few days or hours after the demo we'll see posts on here like:

"why does this game move so damn fast"
"the mechanics don't match"
"the air vehicles controls suck"
"the deployables blow"

I can see a lot of people being upset with this game, or perhaps let down. I bet that a lot of us old school gamers will see Tribes-like action and settings there.. but it won't quite reach that plateau.

I hope that demo map is not sewer.. man will you guys hate that map in a short period of time.

This forum will sure be interesting come demo time.

News Comments > Orange Box Nears
8. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2007, 22:37 ColoradoHoudini

yeah ahh.. nobody punch me for saying this but.. err -looks around-
I never bought HL2 at all, yeah, i slept on it. I wasn't into SP games at the time.. whatever.
If I buy the orange box, do I get the full HL2 game up to and including the newest episode 2 stuffs?
if not.. whatever, I really only want TF2 anyhow.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Next Month
34. Re: Big Surprise! Aug 27, 2007, 20:15 ColoradoHoudini

Lorcin.. i agree with you. there comes a time in certain games, stories, movies whatever.. where it perhaps can go over your personal lines. Nothing wrong with that, even if it is imaginary. Whatever the medium, it pulled you in well enough to truly immerse you in it's context-which that alone is impressive.
You've done nothing wrong, and I'd guess that you were talking to a young or very immature person with a huge knee-jerk reaction bone.
--------------
back on topic:
This demo announcement does smell of "remember us, forget Bioshock!"
From the gameplay I have seen on Crysis, I too am not really sold.

News Comments > Hellgate London Subscription Rates
41. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 18:58 ColoradoHoudini

I am none too thrilled about the videos I have seen.. so yeah, I am admitting that I am going to "test" the game first.. and if the expansions are something I deem material that should've been in the game in the first place.. i'll acquire that via suspicious means as well.

I am not contributing to this greedmachine.

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Airborne Demo
18. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 15:50 ColoradoHoudini

I liked the video I saw of this game where ti starts out with a guy going down an alley, shooting.. throwing nades.. then it stops. The voiceover comes on and tells you why too many games follow this route and it sucks..
then goes to tell you about teh parachuting feature and how gameplay changes..
okay, they sold me on that.

-got the demo, waiting til after the gym to play
it's back and cardio today. I'm gonna get huge son.. HUGE!

News Comments > TF2 Soldier Movie
25. Re: Gameplay vid Aug 23, 2007, 09:59 ColoradoHoudini

ahaha man that was awesome looking.. very cool indeed.
and yeah, who knew they had funny folks working for them!!

cant wait for the game...the spy animations look badass..the smokey, disappearing act dealy.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in November
4. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 15:55 ColoradoHoudini

"great expectations lead to great disappointments, though"

the first step in failure is trying.

News Comments > BioShock Widescreen Workaround
18. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 14:31 ColoradoHoudini

I have an old school Sony 24inch CRT..widescreen.. i just figured it was my monitor.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in November
1. hooray Aug 22, 2007, 14:28 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I'll be picking this up.. linear or not, the mp is usually fun and the game is usually pretty damn cool.

there was a time i was playing CoD1 when my wive said "are you watching Band of Brothers".. heh.. kinda felt like i was playing it, very nice.
i expect a fairly good game here.

for the PC of course.

News Comments > BioShock Demo
45. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 22:23 ColoradoHoudini

"Grabbing the Company of Heroes demo right now.

oh what the fuck? I hate playing RTS's online.. i SUCK at them and only play solo.
ugh.

38. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 21:44 ColoradoHoudini

Fileplanet paying peoples:

A new Company of Heroes expansion beta is out there.. as well as Medal of Honor Airborne -demo preload.
Bioshock demo was short, don't think theres much replay, so throwing out some other titles to check out.

Grabbing the Company of Heroes demo right now. Anyone use the Fileplanet download manager? it doesnt seem to go as fast for me compared to if I just picked a random server. I'm getting the CoH exp demo at 200k a sec through the dload manager. My buddy is getting it at 650k through a regular paying FP server. sigh. makes no sense.

34. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 21:24 ColoradoHoudini

Holy shit this game is fucking incredible.
creepy, colorful, dark, spooky, eerie, intense.. it's everything.

19. Re: More Mirrors!! Aug 20, 2007, 20:25 ColoradoHoudini

Half Elf -- I'm in Orlando as well. the NW corner, near Altamonte Springs.. work in Winter Park.
=======
What's the deal with Comcast? I just got a flyer in the mail from them offering 12meg cable service for $24.95 a month for a year..I pay $50 for 7meg cable through Brighthouse right now.
The Comcast flyer said something about "Powerboost".. any idea on what the entails?
worth it?
-----------
installing the demo right now, I figure that most of you are playing at the moment.

7. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2007, 19:27 ColoradoHoudini

Downloading through FP from Florida.. is faster from West Coast servers by 500kb..wtf?
793k west coast
280k east coast

sense, makes none.

1408 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo