Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1383 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Preorders
1. I think Aug 9, 2007, 13:47 ColoradoHoudini

I think that I'd be more excited about this game if I knew what the end was.. ya know, comparing to WoW.. knowing that in the early days I could get cool weapons from bosses in cool instances. Getting a mount at 40, seeing all the new spells/abilities I can learn, reading about the cool areas with anticipation..
right now in the TR beta, I simply feel like there's not going to be anything exciting coming up.

having said that, it is unique and i like the interaction with the combat system (duck doesnt seem to help, or.. i'm too lazy to use it..or.. i'm never fighting mobs where there are sandbags).

Oh, here's a thing I don't like.. I cannot distinguish between human players and NPC's (mobs or friendlys). No one can.

There are other nit-noy items and i hate to do it, but i compare the framework of the game to WoW..and it doesnt feel as polished.

I'll probably pick it up anyhow..especially once i learn more about the game.

Looking at how the Warhammer devs are doing their promotion, it leaves me wanting much more from every other upcoming game. If Warhammer is telling me about 50% of their game, Tabula Rasa is telling me about 5%..and that 5% is rather boring...and the 50% from Warhammer is OMG-I-WANT-THIS-GAME-NOW. Warhammer has the videos, the fan sites with the interviews, new info coming out from shows weekly if not every other day..and it's all interesting stuff.

I have read every piece of literature i can find on Tabula Rasa, and if you asked me to tell you what i know about the game or am looking forward to, i couldnt tell you anything..but if you asked me about Warhammer, I could fill you in with a solid few hours of conversation (and thats from only reading a small bit of the material out there).

wow i got long-winded there eh?

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 13:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
12. Re: But when will this be released? Aug 2, 2007, 15:59 ColoradoHoudini

I'm thinking that I will be playing Warhammer when this finally hits.
And with the way the Warhammer devs are going (less grinding, no needing to run ultra high content 10 times to get 1 drop or progress..and generally addressing all the stuff they see thats wrong with WoW) I don't see me going back to the grind fest that is WoW.

I spent a ton of time getting attuned to play content.. what the fuck? I had to run and rerun the same shit in order to enjoy future content?
and then.. if i werent in a really good guild, i'd never get to see the high end shit (we just entered Hyjal). I really dont like "working" in my video games.

Then theres the fact that my main is a shaman.. and that class has been misguided and wholly fucked since MC days. "the DPS hybrid" that has been better as raid/group healer than a DPS hybrid. ugh.
so then I'm left as a healer.. and if i want to go solo DPS and go kill mobs, i need to respec..and that costs me gold? fuck you.

Come on Warhammer!!

/quit WoW 4 months ago after whichever nerf shaman got once again.

News Comments > Mac QUAKE 4 Patch
1. Quake 4? Aug 2, 2007, 15:39 ColoradoHoudini

I remember a few months after this game came out when someone on this site posted a bit about playing it on the PC.
and I thought "it's out"?
Then checked the gamespy stats..it wasn't even on the board.
talk about a flop as a game.

Anyone think that the generic DM/CTF FPS has a future? TF2 seems cool, but will it have lasting appeal? will we see a Quake 5 in the same mold as Quake 4?

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 15:40.

News Comments > New WoW Add-on Spied?
6. Re: So anyone know whats new here? Aug 1, 2007, 08:26 ColoradoHoudini

They still need to fix shaman dammit!!
Since MC, the supposed offensive hybrid (their words, not mine) have been better served to play as full out healers.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
14. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2007, 10:40 ColoradoHoudini

I like the Q&A's.. and as Blues alpha male, what I say goes.
any questions?
-puts up his dukes 1920's style-

Anyhow,
I really hope Tabula Rasa is something I want to play and doesn't give me the shallow feeling of CoH/Auto Assault/Planetside.
For some reason I just don't have a good feeling about this game though.

---
So.. anyone that plays/played GoW think it will be any good on the PC? I've never played it.

News Comments > Beowulf Announced
6. Re: First Jul 26, 2007, 19:14 ColoradoHoudini

as soon as I read the title.. i thought "wouldn't it kickass if it were set in a world that looked just like The Brotherhood of the Wolf"..
the clothing, music, environments in the movie seem like they'd translate really well for a Beowulf film.

News Comments > Heroes Game Revealed
3. right Jul 26, 2007, 11:21 ColoradoHoudini

I see two sides here..

1. Super-powered heroes
2. Mystery, thriller'ish

can they merge the two without allowing me to play Peter P and just blow the fuck out of everything? the show is more than just action.. and the storyline is already known up to now, they aren't going to give us more story than what's already known..right?

a completely alternate story using the same people?

I just can't picture this working.

News Comments > Heroes Game Revealed
2. right Jul 26, 2007, 11:21 ColoradoHoudini

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 11:22.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Beta Blooms
7. Re: 300k beta signups Jul 23, 2007, 13:27 ColoradoHoudini

go go Warhammer.
I really want this game to deliver the goods and if this makes WoW have to start producing more stuff and fixing problems (buff shaman already.. fuck..). then good.

anyhow, i will be giving Warhammer a solid reacharound to see if it's worth it

News Comments > Force of Arms Q&A
3. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2007, 20:09 ColoradoHoudini

wow.. that is a HORRIBLE trailer.. looks like 1st year animation school.
please tell that's really old?

News Comments > Force of Arms Q&A
1. Mech mmo? Jul 22, 2007, 18:03 ColoradoHoudini

Color me interested.
I read the whole interview, and hot damn if that guy didn't say all the right things to get me interested.
Let's hope he and his boys pull through, because i'd love to see a mech mmo done right.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
5. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2007, 11:32 ColoradoHoudini

pretty damn fun, even though I am having a hell of time with the second map.

News Comments > The End of Starsiege TRIBES
13. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2007, 14:14 ColoradoHoudini

Morgan19:
wtf game is that?

News Comments > The End of Starsiege TRIBES
6. Re: Wow Jul 19, 2007, 12:38 ColoradoHoudini

In every gaming forum, whether it's a hosted site, the official site or some site like Blues where people comment on the gaming world, if people are talking about a new or popular FPS, Tribes always comes up as "one the best, if not the best".
It sure seems to me that in all my travels across the net, mention Tribes, and legions of fans come out of the woodwork. Every game made these days will draw comparisons to Tribes somehow.. which raises the question:

Why hasn't there been a proper Tribes 3 sequel made?
Tribes:Vengeance was garbage. It seems to me that a true Tribes successor would set the gaming world on fire.

News Comments > Cryptic Adds Comic Writer
13. Re: MUO vs. COH/V Jul 18, 2007, 10:36 ColoradoHoudini

creatorswhim:
I tried Auto Assault, it had some good features.. but it didnt deliver for me.

Anyhow, if the next hero MMO has real crafting and follows WoW in terms of overall depth.. i'm in.

If you've every played WoW from day 1.. the rep, the early strat/scholo..to MC/BWL/AQ40/Naxx and the expansion with all the unique content..all the extras that WoW had.. if they can bring that into a new hero MMO.. i'm in.

News Comments > Cryptic Adds Comic Writer
7. Re: MUO vs. COH/V Jul 17, 2007, 19:46 ColoradoHoudini

If the next super hero MMO can have the depth that WoW has.. i will play it.

News Comments > Lost Planet Content Friday
1. hrmm Jul 17, 2007, 10:50 ColoradoHoudini

I have this game but haven't installed it yet..
worth it?

Currently playing QW beta (meh) and a few RTS's.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Q&A
12. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2007, 20:40 ColoradoHoudini

Hump:

It really flew under the radar.. and like we all agree, that was a shame. It had everything right on paper--it allowed the speedy offensive guys to be speedy, the defensive players to set up solid defenses, it had some vehicles and open space, it really was a damn solid game.. again, save for the engine. Man I had to run the game at low settings in order to get a decent framerate, and i had a good machine for the time.

so heres to hoping something good comes from UT3.

it just lept over QW as my most anticipated FPS. Frontlines and CoD4 nearing the top as well.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Q&A
10. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2007, 17:42 ColoradoHoudini

Hump

"they'll be taking some aspects of XMP like deployables and putting those in, "

No fucking way??? *pants tightening*
I loved what XMP had to offer, it's a crying damn shame that the engine was a pig and took the best systems to their knees. That game was as good of a Tribes successor as I had seen (needed a few tweaks/adjustments though)..

I went to the official site, but all i see is screenshots and nothing else. Is there a link to an article where they discuss the new gametype and features?
I'd really appreciate it.
(aside from the linked article I mean.. some other interviews that further explain the new stuff)

News Comments > Orange Box Nears
1. TF2 Jul 14, 2007, 13:09 ColoradoHoudini

As someone who doesnt have HL2 or any of the steam products..what will i have to do in order to get TF2?

1383 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo