Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1345 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Beta Signups
56. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2007, 20:58 ColoradoHoudini

Hump:

What do you mean?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Beta Tomorrow?
32. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2007, 18:18 ColoradoHoudini

I was reading the ET:QW beta forum and ran across this:
http://www.theoompa.com/Stuff/QuakeWars/

a few screenies and some videos..if nothing else.. for you TRIBES fans.. check out the video called "beta icarus".. it will remind you of the skiing days from TRIBES..one of the devs even says something in one of the threads about how you can ski in the game.
=====================
Cutter

I expect a good majority of the ETQW servers and regulars to come from ET.. and in ET, I found a ton of regulated servers with active admins.. I think that the ET community in general is more mature and better poised to handle potential cheaters/hackers/jackass players than any other FPS community out there.

======
Jeff --if that really is your name -shifts eyes-
Fileplanet doesnt have enough exclusive stuff for me to warrant having a paying subscription.. i think most here agree.
Also, we can get our files immediately from Filefront..and at great speeds. In a case like this, we get the short end, but our non-paying asses have a second agenda..
if companies want us to beta test a game, or play a demo in hopes of buying it, do not make me pay for the privilege of playing your game.

read:

Me: That's a nice Audi, Maybe I'll buy it
Dealer: Pay me 100 bucks and I'll let you test drive it
Me: Why would I pay you to test drive something? shouldnt you be giving me incentives to buy your vehicle?
Dealer: 100 bucks please

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 18:22.

News Comments > WoW Patch & Bans
16. Re: I got an email from Blizzard! Jun 19, 2007, 18:09 ColoradoHoudini

and Shaman still need to be fixed..... yet go without being so.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Beta Nears
48. Re: No subject Jun 18, 2007, 18:25 ColoradoHoudini

I wasn't in any way shape or "wonder twin powers" form of a block of ice trying to refute Tephlon's claims to how awesome the game is.. i hope he's dead on accurate and the game kicks mad ass.
it simply seemed overly suspicious that a first time poster put that much effort into his first post..
what's not weird about it is that it is a big named game that needs no sort of extra support from the fan department.

you ought to post with that much enthusiasm more often bucko!

43. Re: ... Jun 18, 2007, 13:04 ColoradoHoudini

Tephlon:

I admire your love for the game, but it takes it down a few notches when we see that you're a totally new poster.
ET:QW doesnt need corporate shills, especially not on this site.. it will do fine on it's own.

37. Re: No subject Jun 18, 2007, 10:00 ColoradoHoudini

I'm interested because hell, I havent seen a new top-named MP FPS in ages..
BF2142 does not count... so maybe that takes us back to BF2? How long ago was that, a year at least right? I loved that the QW devs basically lambasted the BF2 series because of the horrid physics, terrible hitscan and the dolphin diving to get better accuracy dealy.

I won't pay for a beta, and I won't support fileplanet in that endeavor either. I hope that the beta dudes actually actively search for bugs and report them.. and then, here's the kicker..the DEVS ACTUALLY FIX THEM.
Unlike Tribes:V when all of us real FPS gamers told the devs "this game is gonna tank unless you fix XYZ".. then the game tanked and we stood there and said "told ya".

I really do think the SD fellas will fix the bugs though..at least, i hope so.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Episode Two Dated
44. No new FPS's Jun 15, 2007, 18:06 ColoradoHoudini

since BF2.. has there been a big-named MP FPS to hit the market? I don't count BF2142 btw.

We are in a serious drought when it comes to MP FPS's.. I know that I am craving something new right now.. I have a ton of games on my radar, but sweet god they are taking their time getting out.

ET:QW
Frontlines
Unreal Tournament 3
TF 2
Crysis
(am I missing any?)

I have nothing to play right now, and that's a damn shame. Had a big named MP FPS landed on the scene about 6 months ago, I think it would've done really, really well.

News Comments > Halo 2 & Shadowrun XP?
27. Re: This line alone says it all Jun 12, 2007, 15:08 ColoradoHoudini

my wife, who is as technically literate as a wet kite, said to me the other night "fucking clean up the mess you made in the kitchen, or you're not getting any tonight" and then later on said "even i know i dont want to use Vista, we don't need to upgrade to it, right, it looks prettier or somethin, right"?

News Comments > Fury Podcast
4. Re: nice Jun 11, 2007, 13:01 ColoradoHoudini

Wow... nice catch Elf...

BUSTED

News Comments > Crysis Movies
3. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2007, 19:37 ColoradoHoudini

for those looking for the Bluesnews moment.. 13:44

I watched the vehicle stuff, but of course i dont understand a damn bit of it.

News Comments > Warhammer: Age of Reckoning Podcast
1. No subject Jun 10, 2007, 18:35 ColoradoHoudini

I love this guys enthusiasm.. and i really hope Warhammer is as good as I think it will be.

I really hope they nail down the boring parts of other MMO's and concentrate on what makes the game fun.
I suppose when you hinge your games success largely upon PvP, err.. RvR.. then the players keep the game going more so than quests and epic dungeons.

News Comments > New BF2 Beta Map
3. Re: It's all about PR Jun 5, 2007, 22:40 ColoradoHoudini

I'm stuck playing BF2 (infantry only server, same map) until Quake Wars comes out...
sucks, no other FPS's to play.. ugh.

I was even tempted to pick up 2142. okay who threw that???

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 22:40.

News Comments > Tuesday Hardware Reviews
1. No subject May 29, 2007, 15:13 ColoradoHoudini

this is the worst review I have ever read:

http://legionhardware.com/document.php?id=650

It's fucking unreadable, it backtracks mid sentence, contradicts itself and makes no fucking sense.

News Comments > You Are Empty Patch
6. Re: No subject May 28, 2007, 11:58 ColoradoHoudini

I am empty..it's like they know me..like they were speaking right at me. I'm going to go write some bad poetry now.

/emo

News Comments > Football Superstars Announced
3. Re: No subject May 25, 2007, 13:38 ColoradoHoudini

Wasn't there going to be a baseball game like this some years ago?

News Comments > Halo 2 Delay - Blame the Boobies
33. Re: Not this world May 25, 2007, 13:37 ColoradoHoudini

SUMMON BEVETS!

News Comments > WoW Patch
43. Re: No subject May 22, 2007, 20:54 ColoradoHoudini

"Welcome to the world of Paladins... we've been dealing with this since launch."

Except you can end game tank very well and single target heal like a pro..plus dominate as the premier PvP healer.. and were never billed as the DPS hybrid.. and were also the single only reason alliance progressed further raid-wise before the BC came out..
so.. ahh what now?

You haven't had it anywhere near as bad.. no where near.

News Comments > BF2 Patches Ending?
31. err May 22, 2007, 17:48 ColoradoHoudini

I became upset with WoW's treatment of the Shaman class so i reinstalled BF2 to give me something to play between C&C3 runs..
I still hate the hitscan..but it's not terrible.. just quirky. Having to dolphin dive on the ground to gain accuracy is appalling, you should not gain a benefit from such an action.. oh well.

I play on a 64 player, infantry only server.. keeps me happy.
until ET:QW or UT3 come out anyhow.. or that one modern day shooter using army-types.. the video looked kickass, cant remember the name though.

I also played a ton of BF2142 in beta.. saw too many issues and didnt pick up the full game. It was fun at times for sure.. but not my cup o tea. I sure as hell wouldnt pick it up now, unlessit was under 20clams and came with a free asian massage

News Comments > WoW Patch
33. Re: No subject May 22, 2007, 17:40 ColoradoHoudini

I stopped playing, but only because the developers dont know what the fuck to do with the Shaman class (my main).
There I am, standing in SSC.. healing.. but I am a DPS hybrid..
I healed from MC-Naxx.. but i'm supposed to be the DPS hybrid.

Now they nerf the Windfury damage (err, adjusted it to be "right"--cough cough)..no aggro dump still... no real CM representation..sigh.

my mana regen for casting still sucks as elemental.

still a bunch of shaman issues.

BUFF SHAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

News Comments > BlueTower Power Outage
49. Re: Good stuff... May 17, 2007, 18:51 ColoradoHoudini

he has to be online for the Blizzard announcement.. i have to see the posts we get on that topic

1345 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo