Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1361 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Trailer
22. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2007, 19:19 ColoradoHoudini

QW has a ton of features that, like enahs has said, if you're not playing with a clan, you're not going to get the full value from.

if you play on pub servers with pubbers (which i intend to, as will most), you're not going to have a good chance to utilize all the features the game has to offer.

I have posted numerous times in official forums about potential problem areas I see, or areas I'd like to see better used/tweaked.

wild example of a personal peeve:
the Anti Personnel turrets are so fucking big, they stand about 4 feet higher than an 8foot wall. The very few places you are allowed to place the turret make it noticeable from a mile away. For the Strogg defenders on the beta map(pre GDF EMP capture), there are probably 4 locations you can put the anti vehicle/anti personnel turrets where they will be useful, give or take 4 feet. From all 4 of those locations I can blow up the turret from the safety of either my spawn, or 20 feet from it.
Then after teh GDF erect the EMP weapon, there are two locations the Strogg can place the turrets where they are semi useful at all.. and even then, they arent useful. One is visible from the spawn and easily destroyed. The other is at the strogg spawn and really not even useful there.

what I'm trying to say is that those of you with Tribes experience where you would carefully place turrets and mines and put up a good defense.. i dont see that so far in the beta.

"Finally, Strogg technicians can create spawn hosts out of GDF corpses which are essentially one time spawn points. "

well, not a 1-time deal at all. In fact, I have spawned from a spawn host numerous times. You can spawn from them until someone blows up the spawn host corpse.
--for those that don't know.
once a GDF player is killed, a Strogg technician can turn that persons body into a spawn point for one player. So I walked up to the corpse, press my "USE" button, and i bind myself to that corpse and will res there the next time i die. that is, as long as someone else hasnt bound themself to it before me.
very useful for defense

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis in September
8. Re: Looks good but CoD4 has me hyped. Jul 11, 2007, 19:07 ColoradoHoudini

isn't UT3 coming out in Nov as well? what about Frontlines? or is that 08?

News Comments > Gears of War for XP & Vista
31. Re: GFW Live Still a POS? Jul 11, 2007, 15:56 ColoradoHoudini

never played GoW on the 360.. but i heard it's pretty impressive.
so you guys think it's worthy of the PC?

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Trailer
6. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2007, 15:55 ColoradoHoudini

I too wish the video wasnt so chopped.. i wanted to see sustained action.. meh.
anyhow, what i saw looked good.
pants = tight.

If QW doesnt fit the bill, I'm thinking UT3 will nicely.
of course, it will be upgrade time fo sho.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2007, Part 4
5. Re: Ok I got a question... Jul 11, 2007, 15:46 ColoradoHoudini

Wii are the children...

News Comments > Spielberg's PC Game
12. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 19:02 ColoradoHoudini

Then get me his non-union Mexican equivalent!

News Comments > EA CEO: Games are Boring
7. Re: Thanks, EA Jul 9, 2007, 11:24 ColoradoHoudini

EA Tiburon is right down the street from my house, and some of their employees go to my gym (which is directly across the street from EA)..
if anyone wants me to beat one of them up or give them a stern talking to, let me know.

News Comments > Sony Cuts PS3 Price, Announces 80GB Model
9. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2007, 11:20 ColoradoHoudini

I need some help here fellas..I don't understand this.

Does the $499.00 PS3 come with 2 controllers and all the extra items/cables you need including a game or 3?

then as zirik said: if their Blu Ray movies are 25gig, and the new hard drive is 80gig.. that's 3 movies.--whoopie? what am I missing here? If they are compressed, is the same quality there? does the PS3 have an uncompression capability? Sure, it makes sense that it would be a compressed file.. but would it really surprise anyone if they weren't?

Oh and are PS3 users really going to want to download a 25gig movie? I have a pretty fast connection and I still think that would take too long.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 11:21.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Update
55. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2007, 19:03 ColoradoHoudini

"You're forgetting the major advantage of the Third Eye Camera: portable radar."

True.. but damn if this game doesnt move so quick that often times, i dont have time to look at the radar.. or.. when i see an enemy.. he can be 15ft from me, turn and be 200yds away in the opposite direction byteh time i make my move.

re: turrets:

There doesnt seem to be any place the Strogg can put a turret that as a GDF RL troop, I cant destroy it from a safe distance. The 4-squares it takes up is too much, plus i think it's too damn tall. In the second stage, the two places the Strogg can put a turret leave it wide fucking open.. what happened to the Tribes (and dare i say.. UT XMP) turrets that were small enough to hide and use tactically/smartly?

as a GDF troop, if i place one at the Hilltop spawn, it stands out and is completely noticeable by any Strogg coming off the mountain..or any Strogg on the two rooftops.

It seems to me like the devs dont want the turrets to be an integral part of the game, like they were in Tribes.

maybe i just want a real tribes successor.. sigh

--anyone even remember UT XMP? that game had tons of promise, but ran shitty.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Update
46. Gaming Jul 8, 2007, 10:51 ColoradoHoudini

The Fireteams suck also because the damn game moves so fast you dont have time to coordinate jack shit.
at least, not in the sewer map.

the turrets are too fucking big and stand out so much that as soon as you deploy one, it's blown up. This game has so many features that support more Tribes-like play and less twitchy Quake-like playing...

need more places to put the turrets,and they need a smaller placement footprint and to be smaller in size.

the Tormentor needs much better controls

the GDF weps lack punch ..and the Strogg weps due to their laser'ish glows, are so much easier to aim (think large tracer fire)

the GDF third eye camera blows..compared to the strogg drone. first, it takes too long from button push to blow. (2-3 seconds.. and by that time, your 45mph running cheetah target is long gone)
second, you have to be viewing through it the whole time, it really ought to put a small box screen in the corner of your view. this game moves so fast you dont have the time or the reason to plant that thing (as the attacker btw) and watch it. by the time you report someones location, they are long gone. it needs reworked for attacking GDF...also needs to explode instantaneously.

then theres the whole fact that you have deployable radar, anti artillery, anti vehicle, anti personnel turrets, mines, cameras, a drone, classes, fireteams, objectives and a campaign with unlockable features etc.. only to fight at breakneck speeds of a twitchy FPS.. does not compute!

heres to hoping that mods make a better game.

News Comments > War Wound Demo
9. Re: Removed? Jul 6, 2007, 13:38 ColoradoHoudini

what did "we" do to Tweakboy?

also, I remember running a certain person off of Voodooextreme.com (or was it VE3D.com?) .. before the IGN switch..
that was awesome.

News Comments > War Wound Demo
5. Re: Removed? Jul 6, 2007, 10:58 ColoradoHoudini

Atomic:

I think it's because he links to his gaming site, which for some reason Blue doesn't support any more.

I heard it has to do with the Giants / Eagles rivalry. and a number of toothless hookers Rainer keeps sending to Blues house during family gatherings.

but the question is raised:
Why doesnt blue just ban the account?
also, we all know when we see Rainers post deleted it just means that his site has the file mentioned in the post.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 11:00.

News Comments > Neocron/Neocron 2 Transfers to End
2. Re: humm Jul 3, 2007, 10:44 ColoradoHoudini

I never knew that there was a part 2?

News Comments > Auto Assault to End
2. Hrmm Jul 2, 2007, 21:50 ColoradoHoudini

I tried the beta.. gave it a few days.. it was something new, something different, but it came on the heels of my glory days in WoW..so it wasn't fair to play WoW and then try to give AA a fair shake.

I have a feeling Tabula Rasa will have the same fate.. cool, something new.. but ultimately it will die early. I just hope TR has depth and staying power.

News Comments > More on Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back
6. Re: w00t Jun 27, 2007, 21:02 ColoradoHoudini

I absolutely LOVED SoF2 MP... I found it much more fun than CS and just a great MP experience all around. Great maps, awesome weapons, well done physics, hitscan, netcode.. just awesome.

I'll be getting this game as long as it's not complete garbage.

again, SoF2's MP was awesome.

News Comments > Enemy Territory QUAKE Wars Beta Signups Continue
35. Re: No subject Jun 25, 2007, 18:36 ColoradoHoudini

Visit the forums at the main site for help and stuff..open to everyone.

I find that the game has a bunch of strategic/tactical elements but moves too damn fast to make full use of them.

I predict a slow down mod/server flip switch will come with the game.

Also:
either this map is too odd or turrets arent going to be useful at all. They are FREAKING HUGE and stick up over 8ft walls easily..
and no indoor turrets?

Old Tribes defenders will know what i mean..

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Beta Signups
56. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2007, 20:58 ColoradoHoudini

Hump:

What do you mean?

News Comments > ET: QUAKE Wars Beta Tomorrow?
32. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2007, 18:18 ColoradoHoudini

I was reading the ET:QW beta forum and ran across this:
http://www.theoompa.com/Stuff/QuakeWars/

a few screenies and some videos..if nothing else.. for you TRIBES fans.. check out the video called "beta icarus".. it will remind you of the skiing days from TRIBES..one of the devs even says something in one of the threads about how you can ski in the game.
=====================
Cutter

I expect a good majority of the ETQW servers and regulars to come from ET.. and in ET, I found a ton of regulated servers with active admins.. I think that the ET community in general is more mature and better poised to handle potential cheaters/hackers/jackass players than any other FPS community out there.

======
Jeff --if that really is your name -shifts eyes-
Fileplanet doesnt have enough exclusive stuff for me to warrant having a paying subscription.. i think most here agree.
Also, we can get our files immediately from Filefront..and at great speeds. In a case like this, we get the short end, but our non-paying asses have a second agenda..
if companies want us to beta test a game, or play a demo in hopes of buying it, do not make me pay for the privilege of playing your game.

read:

Me: That's a nice Audi, Maybe I'll buy it
Dealer: Pay me 100 bucks and I'll let you test drive it
Me: Why would I pay you to test drive something? shouldnt you be giving me incentives to buy your vehicle?
Dealer: 100 bucks please

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 18:22.

News Comments > WoW Patch & Bans
16. Re: I got an email from Blizzard! Jun 19, 2007, 18:09 ColoradoHoudini

and Shaman still need to be fixed..... yet go without being so.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Beta Nears
48. Re: No subject Jun 18, 2007, 18:25 ColoradoHoudini

I wasn't in any way shape or "wonder twin powers" form of a block of ice trying to refute Tephlon's claims to how awesome the game is.. i hope he's dead on accurate and the game kicks mad ass.
it simply seemed overly suspicious that a first time poster put that much effort into his first post..
what's not weird about it is that it is a big named game that needs no sort of extra support from the fan department.

you ought to post with that much enthusiasm more often bucko!

1361 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo