Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1373 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Tech Bits
8. Re: PS3 as Blu-ray player May 27, 2008, 00:38 ColoradoHoudini

and phinn with a TKO in the 2nd round!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TrackMania United Forever
16. Re: No subject May 23, 2008, 16:01 ColoradoHoudini

LMN8R -- how long you been with the company?

News Comments > Dungeon Party Announced
2. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 09:54 ColoradoHoudini

I'll be in the minority here when I say this but...

I think that looks kinda cool.

News Comments > WarBirds 2008 Takes Off
3. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 00:54 ColoradoHoudini

This is as good of a place as any to ask the question...

A few months back I saw a post on Blues about an arcadey looking/feeling flying game that was in production. If I recall correctly, it had a few videos and screenshots with it. It looked like it might end up being a kickass game.. anyone remember that title by chance? it was due to come out on all platforms (i believe)

thanks.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Trailer
4. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 22:23 ColoradoHoudini

That looks pretty badass. Color me interested.

-stands still so you can color him-

News Comments > Age of Conan Getting Very Testy
11. Re: Age of Conan Forums.... May 13, 2008, 11:38 ColoradoHoudini

Beaver:

Err.. I play WoW at either 1920x1600 (or something like that.. in windowed mode) or 1680x1050 (and slightly windowed) and WoW has always looked impressive to me. Very vibrant colors, nice visuals.. and the scheme matched the RPG perfectly.

Hard to find a group with certain classes? Did you just start playing today or have you failed at creating friends and/or joining a guild over the past few years? --when even the most casual of players can acheive this.
With a few thousand people per faction per server.. your inability to find a group of friends to play with is your problem, not Blizzards.

I play a fucking shaman and I can find groups no sweat. a SHAMAN...the worst 5 man class to play -by far- unless you're a healer.

also, don't PUG.

PS. You can grind to your hearts content in WoW.. plenty of factions, rare drops etc.. that you can solo.

-edited for typos, not content

This comment was edited on May 13, 11:56.

News Comments > Age of Conan Getting Very Testy
7. Re: Age of Conan Forums.... May 13, 2008, 11:12 ColoradoHoudini

Will

One of the smartest things that the boys over at Warhammer did was to not have official forums.. brilliant!-seriously.
Let the community police itself, let the forums actually be moderated correctly by people that have time, and let the community become really, really close with the devs by having devs post on their site.

Try to find something useful on WoW's forums and you can't. Decent discussions are pushed out of the way, insults used.. etc. But go to Warhammers fan forums and answers are given, trolls are immediately dispatched and things are good. I love that.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2008 Announced
4. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 12:57 ColoradoHoudini

I'd like to show up just to punch the devs in the face whom were responsible for fucking up PvE by putting so much effort into balancing PvP.

I'd also like to punch whomever is responsible for overlooking the shaman class for so long.

And punch a bunch of whiny casual kids in the mouth.

i'm way too angry over a video game I hardly play any more.

News Comments > ETQW Patch Details
11. Re: So how.. May 8, 2008, 13:28 ColoradoHoudini

I was one of the most vocal and sensible beta players.. I was in the forums discussing the speed and the relation of the speed to the games mechanics and how it didn't mesh.

You can try to put in a bevvy of deployables, classes, a ranking system, objectives and vehicles and do that while playing at a fast pace.. but you'll likely fail.

I recall the first few months of ETQW having a very poor showing of players on the gamespy listing.. did the game grow in popularity or did the servers start using bots to boost numbers?

Just because the game has Quake in its name doesn't mean it has to be twitchy/jumpy. I think a lot of us saw everything the game was bringing to the table and then once we played the game thought that the features didn't mesh.

7. Re: So how.. May 8, 2008, 12:27 ColoradoHoudini

They are useful, but not needed to the degree I would've thought they would. Also, the first thing I did was take out the radar.. and the engy trying to repair it. The radar is 2 stories fucking tall.. WHY!!! I can see it from across the map.

5. Re: So how.. May 8, 2008, 12:01 ColoradoHoudini

The one thing I didn't like about ETQW was the speed of the game didn't feel like it matched the features the game had. It seemed to have the Tribes depth.. with the Quake 1 speed.. which to me, didn't jive.

Wondering if the public community has leveled out at all and if the game can be fully enjoyed. I hated the way the deployables worked as far as they got removed faster than they got put up. Also it seemed that the deployables weren't even needed but more of a "oh wow, we have a ____ up, that's swell". Which is fine I suppose, but don't give me all those neat deployables and make them non-factors.

I fondly recall doing nothing but taking the class with the rocket launcher (or Strogg equivalent) and blowing up every single deployable on either of the two beta maps.. because there were only so many places to deploy them where they were useful. So from way back in the field i was able to take out everything they put up. That didn't seem quite right to me.. remember the good old days of Tribes (and even Unreal XMP..yeah i went there) where a good defense was actually, a good defense? Same for offense.

1. So how.. May 8, 2008, 10:14 ColoradoHoudini

is the game these days? I remember not being terribly impressed with the beta for a variety of reasons.
If gamespys info is correct, I have noticed that ET floats around the top 5 and mostly #3 or 4 overall.. so I'm assuming it's decently popular... but what's Blues community take?

News Comments > Champions Online Q&A
6. Re: No subject May 4, 2008, 11:02 ColoradoHoudini

Someone explain to me how this is going to be any different that CoH/CoV?
It looks identical (down to the combat animations), and once again the big sell is character customization, and nowhere on the site does it tell me what the game has as far as depth--which is something CoH/CoV is SEVERELY lacking.

Is there substantial amounts of crafting? professions? end game? pvp? good pve that doesnt suffer from the same 4 dungeon models? I see nothing on the official site or forums that tells me this game isn't simply a CoH clone with a handful of new colors throw on top.

If that's the case, and this game has zero professions and a sore lack of depth, it will enter the charts low, stay there.. and ultimately die a lonely life with 9 cats.

News Comments > User Content in City of Heroes/Villains
16. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 11:07 ColoradoHoudini

I'm not done with you people.. get back in here

WoW has for me..

Daily quests:
Sunwell dailies
Shatt dailies
PvP dailies
Heroic dailies
Fishing daily
Cooking daily
Heroic daily

Raiding:
Sunwell
BT
Hyjal
(all three open to anyone who wants to see them)

Arena

Battlegrounds

5-mans

SSC
TK

Crafting -which is huge
gathering professions - huge

CoX cannot even begin to touch that. I hope their sequel does.. they are making a sequel.. right?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update, Free Weekend
6. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 10:50 ColoradoHoudini

I will get shit for this and deservedly so..
I'm an old school NetQuake player.. old school FPS'er.. hard core gamer..
and on sunday night, i finally downloaded Steam and TF2.

I am WAY behind.
However.. good god that game is fucking fun.

News Comments > Crytek to End PC Exclusives
21. Re: Yea Right! Apr 30, 2008, 10:48 ColoradoHoudini

Err.. Either you were incredibly clever there.. or really dumb.

Either way..there's plenty of xbox360 games available to download.

News Comments > User Content in City of Heroes/Villains
4. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2008, 00:31 ColoradoHoudini

CoX has ZERO depth..
If WoW is a 9/10 for depth.. CoX is a 2/10
Also, like Cuter said, I played CoH/CoV for a good while and I saw the same dungeons over and over.

That game had a ton of promise, i loved the costumes, travel forms, action etc.. but it needed depth.

Here's to hoping the devs take everything good from WoW and others, and put it into a sequel.

I'd love t have a bubble defender that could craft better shields/shield gens whatever..
or a blaster that could.. get this.. craft his own gun!

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Trailer, Details
8. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2008, 21:49 ColoradoHoudini

Dunno, this looks like it could be fun.
Which is all i ask in my video games.

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Alpha Begins
20. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 19:05 ColoradoHoudini

We're working on Brutallus.

end game ftw.

News Comments > Epic on Steam
14. XMP Mar 17, 2008, 18:00 ColoradoHoudini

They need to remake Unreal XMP.
on a better engine this time.. something that won't take a beast of a machine to run at even the lowest settings.

XMP had it going on..but just needed a bit more tweakage and god dammit.. had it been a standalone game like ET.. it would've been much more popular. sigh.

1373 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo