Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1327 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > LucasArts and BioWare Team Up
2. Re: No subject Oct 30, 2007, 08:59 ColoradoHoudini

Well dip my balls in sweet cream and squat me in a room full of kittens!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Hellgate: London Subscriber Details
4. Re: TONS of new content Oct 29, 2007, 19:58 ColoradoHoudini

I really hope that the extra content gets ripped out and put up for downloading by pirates.

This whole pricing scheme is abysmal.

News Comments > TF2 Patched, Orange Box SDK Nears
27. Re: more tf2 maps ftw Oct 28, 2007, 11:57 ColoradoHoudini

the funny part about you guys arguing is that i bet you would all get along in real life.
"oh hey, this new guy just started working with me, seems cool.. we bullshit and talk about video games a lot, seems like a nice guy"

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Hellgate London Oct 28, 2007, 10:48 ColoradoHoudini

I played (still am playing?) the beta and I enjoyed the hacky/slashiness of the game. It didn't have a ton of depth, but enough to make me think that the game would be purchasable if I could get all the extra stuff that they promise the paying subscribers, but get it for free.

News Comments > TF2 Patched, Orange Box SDK Nears
21. Re: more tf2 maps ftw Oct 28, 2007, 10:43 ColoradoHoudini

I know I should save my money due to an impending divorce, but god dammit.. i really feel like I am missing something by not playing TF2.
wait a tick, I can buy TF through Steam for only 30bucks?
Am i missing anything in that price? All i want is TF2, that's all I need right? No other game dependency?
-----------
I really wish QW would've turned out to be a better game. The numbers are telling, under 2,500 people playing during peak times, that's a crying shame. SoF2 has around the same amount of players, and that games is how many yeas old?

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 10:53.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Released
2. dammit !! Oct 26, 2007, 19:20 ColoradoHoudini

Man.. i am complaining.. but not really..
too many games to play!
I can't even begin to list them all, but i'd hazard a guess at around 12 games that i have the beta, demo, test, or full game of.. or I'm eyeballing. I don't have the time I need.

But i love it!

News Comments > "Tribes-like Shooter" Coming?
13. Re: Um.... Oct 25, 2007, 13:10 ColoradoHoudini

I'd love to see a mashup of Tribes and Unreal:XMP..or jsut another tribes game.
A thinking mans FPS.. that's still fast enough that you don't get bored.

I LOVED building my defenses up top of Broadside (blastside?) whatever.. me in a heavy, radar, mines, camera, turrets.. playing cat and mouse with invaders.
Those were my generators.. and you couldn't have them!

That game rewarded smart play and fast reflexes.. so much fun.

i'd love to see a spiritual successor. and not Tribes:V .. that horribly arcadey game.

News Comments > ETQW Patch Plans - VOIP Support and more
5. Re: QW is not Wolfenstien Oct 24, 2007, 21:53 ColoradoHoudini

I played the UT3 beta demo, and I love the feeling of that game.. even though it was not the finalized version. It still had the right look and feel, the weps were spot on.. just felt right.

I played the QW beta for a long time, and while I liked it at first, within a short period of time I was rather "blah" about it. It had too many issues that I knew needed to be addressed, and I mentioned them to the devs, but just like my feedback on Tribes:V.. it went ignored. Lots of people had great feedback and we called the low numbers. Now I read about the issues people have and why they aren't playing any more, and they are spot on to my comments previously.

Now I look at the gamespy top games and QW is not nearly where it should be at all. It's ranked 15th, just behind the Halo demo and SoF2.. wtf? The publisher/dev/game name alone should put this in the 5-10k range.. it's barely visible at 1,338 players. That speaks VOLUMES.

I wouldn't even say QW is complicated, as for all the features it has, you can wholly overlook them and still win. I won't get into all of my personal feelings, but I will say that the features of the game, don't match the mechanics.

News Comments > The Witcher Trailer
11. Re: Looking Good Oct 23, 2007, 21:00 ColoradoHoudini

dear developers... I do not care who made your movie, who produced it, who's publishing it.. etc..
i do not need to see 30 seconds of intros. just show me the movie. thanks.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
13. Re: No subject Oct 10, 2007, 11:32 ColoradoHoudini

dammit!!!
So many games I want, and no money to buy them with. Freaking wife just left me.. so I'm trying to get my finances in order.

feel free to bash.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
29. Re: WOOT! Oct 2, 2007, 20:07 ColoradoHoudini

I still believe that the features in QW do not match the game speed or mechanics.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
12. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2007, 20:05 ColoradoHoudini

2.3 looks really cool with ZA and Sunwell Plateau.
I took a 4 month hiatus from WoW, and recently started playing again. My guild needs 9 more bosses and all will be cleared raiding wise. 3 in Hyjal, and the rest in Black Temple.
I finally got to raid SSC, as the guild has it on super farm status, and man is that place cool looking.

also leveling up a Druid alt.. Druids are exactly what hybrids should be. Damn my Shaman!!

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Delay
17. Re: Personally, Oct 2, 2007, 20:00 ColoradoHoudini

I was hoping it would've been a tad bit deeper.
It's weird though, every one of the MMO's from that publisher (or dev house..whatever) lacks depth and has the same look.. and it really doesn't draw you in once you're past the initial creation screen.
see also:
CoH/CoV/Auto Assault

in WoW.. within the first few levels you could see how big the game was, how much there was to do, how much your character had to grow. How immersive the capital towns were, and most of all, the game felt solid all the way around.
In TR beta, I never got that feeling.

News Comments > Euro Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Ships, Linux Server Released
6. Re: play.com Sep 29, 2007, 08:55 ColoradoHoudini

During the beta I never really quite felt like I was playing the game the preview videos and interviews told me I would be playing.
That's the only way I can sum up my feelings.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Patch
25. Re: morons Sep 28, 2007, 11:28 ColoradoHoudini

I hope TF2 delivers.. cuz I wasnt terribly impressed with the QW beta for the few months i played it.

I still havent tried out Crysis or Frontlines yet.. those beta installs are just sitting my computer. hah.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Air Combat Announced
28. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 20:06 ColoradoHoudini

About a few months back there was a post about an arcade-stlye flying/fighting game and the screenshots looked nice. I slightly recall something about the release date not being far off.. anyone know what game i am talking about?
sorry for the lack of info.

i remember getting excited thinking i can use my joystick again.. arcade flyers are good fun

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Beta
15. Re: Cool! Sep 25, 2007, 20:00 ColoradoHoudini

I'm not interested in the mounts or what to ride in/on.. that was just an example.
like the others have said, I walked outside the base, blasted some guys, ran back in. k.
what's the big thing coming up? whats the cool stuff to look forward to?
All the quests i did were exactly the same.

when i first started playing Earth and Beyond (my first mmo) i knew all about the cool ship upgrades, the big raid battles, the exciting weapons. i saw defenders, gatherers, missile based ships, stealth ships, repair dudes.. it was awesome.. all this stuff out there and it looked great.

I just dont see whats out there, what the reason to keep logging in is, like they said "wheres the carrot"? my caracter at level 5 felt no different than lvl 25. okay maybe my guns bullets were green instead of blue.. yay?

lack of classes, or should i say, lack of a good distinction in classes, and only one race doesnt help either.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Beta
11. Re: Cool! Sep 25, 2007, 18:37 ColoradoHoudini

One of the things that put me off of this game was the fact that i had no idea wtf was coming in the future, as in: what to look forward to. In WoW I knew what i could look forward to. not so much in TR. Also, I was in the early beta and not terribly impressed with the content. i'm sure there is more now though.

I want to know what the TR equivalent to mounts, epic mounts, Onyxia, Raids, epics, flying mounts, etc is.. because i didnt see it

question: why in the future, do I not have a cool vehicle? i warp to and from bases, but then walk everywhere?
I also despise the cave settings, reminds of the awkward and ugly CoH caves. Cant navigate out of them for shit.

I also didnt really dig the combat. Lastly.. the game felt like CoH/AA..and not in a good way either. Those games felt very "light" and generic. I cant qualify that statement, but they felt that way..

News Comments > C&C: The First Decade Homebrew Patch
1. .. Sep 14, 2007, 14:50 ColoradoHoudini

I thought that read "Hebrew"
then my mind went down a road of conclusions.. and ..never mind.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power
1. Any Opinions Sep 13, 2007, 09:13 ColoradoHoudini

I saw a demo (i believe) for this game.. anyone try it?
any opinions on it?

1327 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo