Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1358 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 22:10 ColoradoHoudini

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 20:45:
They've added a new tier of gear above exotic, called ascended. Weapons and accessories for now and armor coming soon, for those of you with no desire to do anything but grind for hours and hours to earn an extra 5% to your stats...

I wouldnt mind a grind, if it came at the expense of tough, quality content. I don't want "gather X amount of ____ mats" .. and that's it. Give us, as a guild or raid or large group.. something big to work for.

I know, ?I am asking for mechanics in a game that doesnt go down that path.. i get it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 19:26 ColoradoHoudini

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 14:49:
Well when the game has no subscription, offering it at a huge discount doesn't make a lot of sense.

It is a fun game up to 80, then quickly gets stale. The quote unquote "raids" are nothing more than your zerg doing as much damage as possible, and the World vs World is just more zerging, trying to destroy doors. It is fun up to 80, they did a good job with the areas and the questing, but then you pretty much run into a brick wall.

I feel the exact same way 100000%. I LOVED leveling up to 80 with everyone else.. the zones were amazing, everything was flat out amazing.. then at 80, I was bored out of my mind after a few days. I had all the best gear, saw all the dungeons, and there were no world bosses. The WvWvW PvP wasn't fun because it was so well-coordinated that those massive battles were never fought.. and if they ever were, it was a chaotic stalemate.

I wish this game had raiding, yeah I said it.. and a LOT of world bosses. This game turns into a fashion show and chat lounge at 80.. if that's your thing, fine.. but the content for level 80's that are anywhere near a decent MMO player (with time).. is really not there.

I logged in about 3 weeks ago, and asked what the best gear was, and got linked gear I already had 6-8+ months ago. Okay fine, it's not a gear game, but the new content was done in a few days.. same lackluster return on time invested for not much fun. This game was SO close to being the best MMO i have ever played.. but at every turn where I wanted more content, more challenge, more fun.. the game failed by either not having it, or whatever it was was cheap/short/gimmicky nonsense wrapped around a fashion show.

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
14. Re: More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Sep 20, 2013, 20:14 ColoradoHoudini

i am patiently waiting for a AAA title to come out for the PC where we can go back to our glory days of map making, game modding, and personally-owned servers.
That HAS to happen again, right?

News Comments > Extraction Closed Beta Next Month
1. Re: Extraction Closed Beta Next Month Sep 18, 2013, 00:02 ColoradoHoudini

I haven't heard a single word about this game at all.. is that because it stinks (from what we can see), or is that because Splash Damage is still tied to that horrible game - Brink?

So now that I've watched a video.. it looks like TF2 meets Wolf ET. I am not saying that's bad..but the weapons appear to be like every other weapon I've played in every "present day" shooter since.. 1998 or so. It also appears to move too fast for the type of game that it's trying to be. I get it.. this is all speculation based on the videos.. I get it.

But.. Enemy Territory Quake Wars suffered from tactical elements/thoughtful elements and WAY too fast gameplay that made those tactical elements useless. Looking at these videos makes me think of that problem again.. and we all know how ETQW failed
It really seems to be moving too fast for the type of game that it is.. like.. UT speeds in a CS framework.. does that example make sense?

Again.. way too early speculation.. but I wonder if anyone else sees this the way I do from the current material?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 22:58 ColoradoHoudini

Kosumo wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 20:58:
So Ubisoft is pro-piracy now .... Amazed!

*clap........clap......clap......clap...clap..clap..clapclapclapclap LOUD APPLAUSE*

------------
regarding the trailer: the bar fight.. gosh, the AI just waits til it's their turn to get knocked out. Having never played this IP before.. the game isn't this dumb.. is it?
I do plan on getting this for the PS4. As i understand it, for the consoles.. these are pretty solid games.. right?

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2013, 23:07.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
20. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 22:44 ColoradoHoudini

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 22:18:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 22:14:
I detest consoles and console gamers and what consoles have done to my beloved PS gaming world.. and having said that.. I preordered a PS4 Watchdog bundle
.. don't you dare judge me! I see that look.. and you too.. I see you as well. WHO THREW THAT?? honestly.. who throws a shoe?

I owned nothing but a PC since 1997, save for 2 months when I owned the xbox1..but I am jazzed for the PS4 and their library. Please still love me!

You are dead to us.

But seriously, isn't this game also coming out for pc? Or did they drop the PC version?

I also want to play some sports games as well..and there are some other titles that have nabbed my attention.

I hate myself.. no worries.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
16. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 22:14 ColoradoHoudini

I detest consoles and console gamers and what consoles have done to my beloved PS gaming world.. and having said that.. I preordered a PS4 Watchdog bundle
.. don't you dare judge me! I see that look.. and you too.. I see you as well. WHO THREW THAT?? honestly.. who throws a shoe?

I owned nothing but a PC since 1997, save for 2 months when I owned the xbox1..but I am jazzed for the PS4 and their library. Please still love me!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 10:08 ColoradoHoudini

I havent thought about the game: Gauntlet in a long time.. I'd play another one of those types of games again. Is there anything like that for the PC?

Wii U- I had NO idea this was a new console, or that it even came out when it did. It had zero fanfare and from what i understand, never caught on/hasn't caught on in the states?

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced
2. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 10:02 ColoradoHoudini

nitpicky stuff first:
46 second teaser trailer.. the actual trailer starts at 19 seconds in, then ends at 33 seconds, everything else is who made the game/logos etc.

I can't think of the last new FPS I played? Maybe Planetside 2? I am seriously in a rut with FPS's.. has there been anything new and good in the last 6'ish months? It's almost to the point where i am going to buy BF4 just because I have no other FPS's to play

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch
23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch Aug 25, 2013, 16:27 ColoradoHoudini

i dont know that you're ever going to check this.. but thank you.. you've piqued my interest in this title again  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 17:52 ColoradoHoudini

Wait... am i seeing this correctly?

" 60 dollar purchase price AND a subscription AND a cash shop. "

If that's true.. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH nope!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Free Trial & Heroic Edition Launch Aug 23, 2013, 17:44 ColoradoHoudini

I was one of those guys that was hooked in the beta, made excuses to leave work and get in on beta time, bought the game and played the hell out of it from Day 1.

I got to level 80 and then.. nothing. There was absolutely nothing to do. I had all the best gear in the game (and I got it all in minutes after hitting 80), I have seen all the dungeons, I didn't have any reason to log in. Then they added the Fractals. I did them.. got 1 or 2 new pieces of gear (not even upgrades or marginal).. and even then, even if I had the BEST gear ever.. there was no content to use it on.

The game was amazing 1-80.. fresh, awesome.. flowed well.. but after hitting 80, I was bored out of my mind. Okay, new Halloween cloak, or some other fashion accessory.. nothing I needed to have in order to progress. I progressed in every facet 1-80.. but then at 80.. you just stop.

I know.. the game isn't made for raiders or to have an end game.. but gosh, there was nothing -content wise- to tackle. I guess if you enjoy looking at all the Vistas, or doing the puzzles and such.. cool.. but I did enough of that while leveling.

If that game had a true end game, or end game content like continual world bosses.. all the time spawning all over the place.. big epic fights in multiple locations.. with good rewards.. then sure, I'd still be playing. Now.. nope.

Edit-
One more thing:
I was part of a VERY large and very well-run guild. I mean this was an amazingly run guild with great people. When we did WvWvW PvP.. it was so structured that it was boring. We could have 100+ people in the group of all of us, each with assignments, and those assignments were so perfectly structured, that we hardly ever ran into good opposition, and instead we planned how to best make use of our people, cap stuff.. and win. While you may think that is great, I am winning.. I probably spent 100hrs in WvWvW PvP and I'd guess that 90 of those hours were not very action-oriented. Sure.. we'd win.. but those massive battles, those great assaults.. awesome defends.. hardly ever happened. It was because we were very organized. (does that make sense to anyone?)

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
23. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 19:14 ColoradoHoudini

I'm still waiting for the next "must have" PC FPS...with the following:

1. User made maps
2. User made mods
3. User-owned and run servers
4. A dev that remembers who got them to the dance, and also remembers how to treat that gamer

If we all could just convince the masses how it could/should be..if only

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 00:01 ColoradoHoudini

Will i be able to use a kb/mouse with my impending PS4 purchase?
--and i HATE HATE FUCKING HATE consoles.. but I plan on getting a Ps4.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
34. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 15:32 ColoradoHoudini

I've been nothing but a true PC gamer going back to Wolf 3D and then Netquake..I have despised consoles and all the shit that came with them..but I am getting a PS4 as some sort of absolutely misguided point to stick it to MS and their shitty One mechanics.

My stupid protest by purchasing some other console won't do fuck all to MS, but it'll make me fell better. I will make sure to spread the word too.

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
11. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 12, 2013, 23:31 ColoradoHoudini

I wish everyone adopted this mentality:
"Stop giving these dicks your money because you're fucking it up for the rest of us!"

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
101. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 10, 2013, 12:28 ColoradoHoudini

We all knew it was a lot less game from the get go, that it had a stupid online only caveat.. and knowledgeable gamers still bought this. What a crying shame and talk about doing yourself and the gaming community a terrible disservice.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
15. Re: Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches Feb 27, 2013, 18:05 ColoradoHoudini

I find there to be no vertical progression, and no new challenges, and anything they offer has to cater to the .25 minutes every other week crowd that causes an uproar whenever there's content they don't have the time/skills to get to.

I stopped plying GW2 after the fractal came out and I ran through it a few times and saw the "upgrades" as meh or just weren't upgrades.

To me (and I'm sure I'm alone), this game needs to have more top end content and bigger epic content to tackle, with just rewards. I got my full exotic gear.. and some other fractal upgrades and realized I was done. That was months ago.. for an MMO, and for me (again, I'm sure I'm alone).. when there's nothing better to get, i'm done

News Comments > SimCity Beta This Month
17. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 15:59 ColoradoHoudini

After reading all the posts about what's being done/not done in this newest Sim City- I'm wondering why anyone that is a fan of the game is going to get it?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 13, 2012, 23:35 ColoradoHoudini

If GW2 doesn't keep churning out new content/progression, I will easily jump back to Rift...Rift was such a fun game on every level.

Only reason I stopped playing was because of the guild I was in.

1358 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo