Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1344 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
34. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 15:32 ColoradoHoudini

I've been nothing but a true PC gamer going back to Wolf 3D and then Netquake..I have despised consoles and all the shit that came with them..but I am getting a PS4 as some sort of absolutely misguided point to stick it to MS and their shitty One mechanics.

My stupid protest by purchasing some other console won't do fuck all to MS, but it'll make me fell better. I will make sure to spread the word too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
11. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 12, 2013, 23:31 ColoradoHoudini

I wish everyone adopted this mentality:
"Stop giving these dicks your money because you're fucking it up for the rest of us!"

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
101. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 10, 2013, 12:28 ColoradoHoudini

We all knew it was a lot less game from the get go, that it had a stupid online only caveat.. and knowledgeable gamers still bought this. What a crying shame and talk about doing yourself and the gaming community a terrible disservice.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
15. Re: Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches Feb 27, 2013, 18:05 ColoradoHoudini

I find there to be no vertical progression, and no new challenges, and anything they offer has to cater to the .25 minutes every other week crowd that causes an uproar whenever there's content they don't have the time/skills to get to.

I stopped plying GW2 after the fractal came out and I ran through it a few times and saw the "upgrades" as meh or just weren't upgrades.

To me (and I'm sure I'm alone), this game needs to have more top end content and bigger epic content to tackle, with just rewards. I got my full exotic gear.. and some other fractal upgrades and realized I was done. That was months ago.. for an MMO, and for me (again, I'm sure I'm alone).. when there's nothing better to get, i'm done

News Comments > SimCity Beta This Month
17. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 15:59 ColoradoHoudini

After reading all the posts about what's being done/not done in this newest Sim City- I'm wondering why anyone that is a fan of the game is going to get it?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - RIFT: Storm Legion Nov 13, 2012, 23:35 ColoradoHoudini

If GW2 doesn't keep churning out new content/progression, I will easily jump back to Rift...Rift was such a fun game on every level.

Only reason I stopped playing was because of the guild I was in.

News Comments > AMD for Sale?
8. Re: AMD for Sale? Nov 13, 2012, 23:26 ColoradoHoudini

I blame Bulldozer.  

News Comments > WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves
1. Re: WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves Oct 24, 2012, 23:13 ColoradoHoudini

Such a difference a year or so makes. WoW threads get 0 comments, and Diablo 3 threads get 90% negative comments.
i'm sure once Blizzard announces their next game, they will be in favor once more.

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
13. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 24, 2012, 23:12 ColoradoHoudini

Just had a conversation about ID and Epic today.. nothing more than engine makers it seems.
So sad..for they were once giants

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
35. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 20, 2012, 22:24 ColoradoHoudini

I can't describe it either.. but the game felt off to me as well. I played a fair bit of the beta, and I just really wasn't as thrilled with the game as I would've hoped.

Also felt like no matter where I went, it there were enemy vehicles galore. Really felt like it was a vehicle battle more than I'd prefer. --someone in the game said that the vehicle count was purposely LOW in the beta?? Ugh.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 20, 2012, 21:46 ColoradoHoudini

Turd- that is the #1 reason I will likely get one of those Nexus models the next time I need to upgrade. I really HATE how Google and the manufacturers cannot get this worked out. For as long as the new updates are out, it takes WAY too long to get them out to us users.

In fact, one of the biggest pluses for android (very customizable/open) is the #1 complaint I have about it.. because there's a vicious lack of cohesiveness.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Turn based... Oct 15, 2012, 09:45 ColoradoHoudini

Finally picked up Torchlight 2 last night.. digging it!  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
46. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 18:40 ColoradoHoudini

This post reminds me to buy Torchlight 2 tonight.. thanks team!

/so VERY VERY glad I skipped D3.
//I like slashies
///not sure what to have for dinner tonight

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation
29. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Server Consolidation Sep 19, 2012, 23:59 ColoradoHoudini

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 11:52:
I might still be playing this if they did this 5 months ago. Too little too late.

For what it's worth, will be playing Guild Wars 2 until Planetside 2 comes out.

I cannot get enough of GW2.. and I also played the PS2 beta.. a good bit. Having said that, I find that PS2 feels rather, blah. I LOVE FPS's and i LOVE large scale FPS's.. but there's something about PS2 that doesn't feel right, nor does the game give me a reason to jump back in the beta

I will also add that in TOR, around level 35 ish.. I started getting infuriated with the amount of identical quests, and identical gameplay. Also, the CONSTANT back and forth to my main quest hub and the long runs that took. Hit the max level and despite being a prior hardcore WoW raider and being in the same WoW guild that xferred to TOR.. I had NO desire to raid or run flashpoints.. nothing in the game gripped me or made me want to log in. I actually just stopped logging in one day.. just didnt care any longer.

Now after playing GW2 to 80.. and seeing everything this game has and does.. I couldn't ever play another game that's "less" of a game than this. GW2 has spoiled me rotten.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2012, 00:07.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
75. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 21:49 ColoradoHoudini

Absolutely loving the game, and looking forward to jumping online as soon as I get some more free time. The thing is, I never feel like I'm getting behind in content/gear/progression. I just love how I can pretty much just do anything in the game, and get rewarded for it. I went exploring last night in the 2nd Norn area (I'm Asura) and found a jumping puzzle in the middle of some cave, and got some cool loot. However, it was more about the content than the reward..cant say that about other games.

I absolutely love this game.. love it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 28, 2012, 21:46 ColoradoHoudini

I am glad that Anet is keeping the GW environment idiot free. It's a great game, and I want the community to be as good as the game is.

Having said that- some people are reporting being banned by going AFK in big Dynamic Event areas and just collecting XP for doing nothing. Intentional or not, I like seeing Anet take a quick stance. Hopefully it all gets resolved without issue on the user end if it's a legit mistake.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 28, 2012, 21:40 ColoradoHoudini

I'd be curious to know the actual population difference, if any, that WoW has gone and will undergo due to the gem of a game that is Guild Wars 2.
Of course, how much staying power GW2 has remains to be seen.. but so far, it's amazing.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
30. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 25, 2012, 22:49 ColoradoHoudini

I absolutely LOVE this game.. LOVE IT!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 12, 2012, 22:18 ColoradoHoudini

NetQuake or GTFO!

1. 3 Wave CTF/Thunderwalker CTF
2. Tribes
3. Wolf:ET
4. CS
5. UT

Those should be the top 5 FPS's for everyone.. choose your own order.
-----------
Wondering if this new CS will be a good time waster when i'm not elbows deep in GW2.

News Comments > Firefall eSpots Toolkit Plans
3. Re: Firefall eSpots Toolkit Plans Aug 10, 2012, 16:35 ColoradoHoudini

After having played PS2 and Firefall.. I can see a place for both.  

1344 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo