Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1361 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > New OpenArena
4. Re: New OpenArena Nov 3, 2008, 20:13 ColoradoHoudini

Don't quote me on this.. but I think I had Q3 about.. 8 years ago? I too don't see the appeal for this title nor the reason why they even made it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
18. Re: Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor An Nov 3, 2008, 20:06 ColoradoHoudini

What was that old turn-based RTS'ish/strat game with the WW2 guys that had to infiltrate the german camps?
You picked your guys before the mission.. had to find the right guys, not get spotted. etc.. fun stuff.
can't recall the name though.

I'd like another one of those games.

back on topic:
Company of Heroes is a damn solid RTS from top to bottom.. blew me away with how damn good it was.

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
2. Champions Online Nov 3, 2008, 00:30 ColoradoHoudini

That Champions Online interview is wholly useless.. and once again cements the fact that this game is nothing more than 90% build your character and 10% game play.
That interview is an embarrassment to interviews everywhere.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Patches
4. Re: Red Alert 3 Patches Nov 1, 2008, 01:00 ColoradoHoudini

Lots of units to use here.. lots.
I tried the Empire side.. I really havent got a handle on them yet.. the Russians though.. good god I kill the computer with the Russians.

One thing I noticed that VS the Russians.. they use that tractor beam thing an awful lot and it's hard to find where it's hitting your team when you're spread out all over the battlefield. The computer really uses their extra weps/super weps an awful lot.. wish there was a way i could throttle it back

Vs the Allies, they love to use aircraft to attack you often.

I've played about 5 games so far (not much).. but i really enjoyed how the Russian side played more than the others.

Back to playing.. this time.. Russian vs Empire!

News Comments > Warhammer Online Free Character Transfers
15. Re: Warhammer Online Free Character Transfers Oct 31, 2008, 20:50 ColoradoHoudini

They had too many servers at launch.. that is all..
sure they lost a few players, gained some.. but what was that number they posted a few weeks back, something like 500,000 subscriptions or sales?
something like that..which is pretty damn good i'd say

News Comments > The Million Witcher March
29. Re: The Million Witcher March Oct 30, 2008, 20:10 ColoradoHoudini

I have a feeling I really missed out by skipping over this game..

feel free to flog me accordingly.

News Comments > EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans - Updated
70. Re: EA Forum/Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 15:05 ColoradoHoudini

Cock A Doodle Do
"because guess what? It doesn't effect me because I don't troll."

You ever think that someone's legitimate complaint may be thought if as a troll by a moderator and thus deleted and that person ignored forever.. and perhaps that person has a complaint that you also side with.. What if you miss his post and make on yourself, same subject.. Mr. Moderator says "oh, repeat post on a banned topic.. you're out too"

I know that's a weird example, but tell me that it couldn't happen?
Too many "if's" in this scenario that I know I don't like..and I never ever troll.

49. Re: EA Forum/Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 13:58 ColoradoHoudini

I still don't understand why they just can't ban the forum retards that are very offensive and wholly useless, from posting.. but leave their game playing ability in tact?

Is it a way to get them to repurchase the game so they can play online?

If so.. i envision a third party workaround being developed so players can play whomever they want without EA's interaction.

Since I never play RTS's online (i suck at them) I am unsure if EA's built in browser is the only way to play multiplayer.. is it? Are there 3rd party programs that allow people to play multiplayer in Red Alert or other EA titles affected by this new banning measure?

5. Re: EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans Oct 30, 2008, 11:19 ColoradoHoudini

Oooh..okay.. so the only way to play with friends in Red Alert 3 is through some EA matchmaking service? Is this correct? So if I make a forum account, then mouth off on the forums.. i can no longer play the game in multiplayer?

Did i get that right?
if so..
why not just ban their ability to forum post forever and call it good at that?

what am I missing here?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3 Oct 28, 2008, 20:23 ColoradoHoudini

Keith:

You play the same way I do.. except, I suck.. so that's why I play that way.
I do love a symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing defensive setup.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3 Oct 28, 2008, 15:02 ColoradoHoudini

I will be playing it.. but I won't be playing any version that has some stupid anti piracy built in that limits my ownership experience as paying customer.

that's all i have to say about that.

News Comments > WoW Plague Plagues WoW
36. Re: WoW Plague Plagues WoW Oct 27, 2008, 16:10 ColoradoHoudini

I find no issue in this few weeks of "alternative" time in the game.
My main is in full Sunwell gear.. i don't PvP.. i don't need to do quests.. etc.
This game has been out for 4 years, I have done everything I need to do in this game to this point. I am just awaiting the new expansion.. until then, for me .. this invasion is a fun side story.
-shrug-

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announced
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Oct 21, 2008, 20:03 ColoradoHoudini

I'm going to need that game to look a lot better than those screenshots indicate.
That better be the low end stuff.. because that looks are corny as Tabula Rasa.

Here's to hoping they can pull off a really damn good universe to play in.

News Comments > UT3 Expansion Revealed
15. Re: UT3 Expansion Revealed Oct 21, 2008, 00:12 ColoradoHoudini

I could really go for a truly supported new version of Unreal:XMP

XMP was a GREAT game in design, but the engine was a fat pig that made top of the line machines crumble.

a new XMP (thinking mans FPS.. of which, we don't currently have) would be awesome...

For those unaware.. it was like a modern day Tribes.

News Comments > Save Your WoW Patches
7. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2008, 01:36 ColoradoHoudini

I just logged in for the first time in months and got on my bank alt and main and sold a ton of stuff. Made a killing..now, I just need to find a reason to play when the expansion comes out.

They nerfed the raiding structure into casualville.. and i don't need any gear until my Sunwell gear becomes obsolete (lvl 77ish..guessing)..

then.. the new raids that they have out at the onset of level 80 raiding are pathetically easy.. ugh.

game isn't challenging any more..
I think i'll stick with Warhammer.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Tank Plans
23. Re: Here we go again... Oct 18, 2008, 12:17 ColoradoHoudini

Our Black Orc and Chosen tanks in my guild are badass.
They rush forward, our healers heal them up, they do good DPS and our nukers come in guns blazing..
a well coordinated attack in Warhammer is a BEAUTIFUL sight to behold!

News Comments > WAR Status
8. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2008, 11:21 ColoradoHoudini

I run Scenario's and do some questing while waiting for an SC to pop.. however, I'd really love to be doing some great RvR.. but like it was mentioned, the rewards just aren't there. I can DPS (I play the Sorc class) the snot out of all the NPC defenders, drop the Battering Ram, use it, kill players that are defending.. and still walk out without a top 50 score out of 60 players..

Meanwhile, Johnny Gamer who shows up only when we're on the Keep Lord gets the top spot and the top roll and walks out with a great item and 3 minutes of contribution.
Something is high;y broken there.

I know it's not about gear, but I need a reward after taking the keep outside of just a job well done, that only goes so far for so long. I also need some sort of better incentive for regular RvR without taking a keep.. some better influence/random rewards etc.

As it stands now, I can get more levels, more accomplished, and more gear in a way less period of time by running Scenario's (Battlegrounds for you WoW folks) and questing then I can RvR'ing.

Here's to hoping they fix that!

News Comments > Next TF2 Updates Next Year
8. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 19:10 ColoradoHoudini

If I could, I make the exact video game, in the exact genre that Dagok wanted, then take out his favorite feature right before it ships.

News Comments > Champions Online Beta Sign-ups
1. I just read... Oct 13, 2008, 23:12 ColoradoHoudini

this part from their main site:
http://www.champions-online.com/game_features

Game features.. and let me admit this first.. I have a personal vendetta against Champions Online and the whole CoH/CoV franchise, because I thought the CoH/CoV franchise had a ton of promise, but ultimately let me down because the game lacked depth.

After reading the Champions game features, I am left comparing this game to current MMO's and notable MMO's of the past.

Where is the Champions Online crafting? Player Quests? Battlegrounds? Scenarios? RvR? End Game raiding? Unlocks? World events? Reputation rewards? Gear? Guild facilities?

I see nothing in that game besides "creating a character" that is of any importance or depth. I have a feeling that the game is going to be CoH with updated graphics, and the ability to change your powers colors... yay?

Please someone give me a reason revolving around depth that will make me want to play this game, because god dammit, i really want to play a super hero MMO that hooks me

News Comments > WAR Tops US Charts
23. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2008, 18:36 ColoradoHoudini

Let's hope Warhammer can stay strong
I love the game so far.

RvR.. Keep Sieges.. PQ's.. regular questing..Scenarios. the layout of the game, the abilities, all the classes- so far so damn good.

1361 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo