Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1341 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Not Casual
39. Re: DICE Not Casual Feb 11, 2009, 20:00 ColoradoHoudini

This is as good of a place as any to ask..

Is there any good larger-scale (32 players +) FPS on the radar?
I'm looking for something upcoming to be excited about..

PC of course.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Matrix Online Dev Unplugged
20. Re: Matrix Online Dev Unplugged Feb 11, 2009, 19:56 ColoradoHoudini

ahah what? i could've sworn this game died less than 6 months after release?
In fact, a guildie friend of mine (WoW.. shuddap) and I were just talking about horrible MMO's and he said he played this one and it was godawful.. and we laughed about how quickly it closed down.

it's still open? amazing

News Comments > NC West Cuts, TR Gets Mechs
5. Re: TR Gets Mechs Feb 11, 2009, 19:53 ColoradoHoudini

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why i was playing a space-aged MMO.. yet i walked all over the place.
The aliens beamed down from ships (i think).. but i walked most of the time.
They had warp gate thingies, but not vehicles, no ships i could pilot.. nothing.
Of course, this was in beta. Nothing about the game drew me in to ever check to see if they put in any features i found worthwhile.

News Comments > EVE Online Exploit Follow-up
9. Re: Weekend Sales Feb 11, 2009, 19:50 ColoradoHoudini

I tried like mad to get into Eve.. but after a few weeks, i found the game to be more "work" than "game"..

News Comments > Champions Online Movie
12. Re: Champions Online Movie Feb 9, 2009, 23:37 ColoradoHoudini

I played the pen and paper Champions game.. somewhere in my house I might have the hardcover book (some sort of general guide.. huge book).

While I could see a ton of content ideas in a super hero MMO, I don't see jack all in CoH/CoV. It's as if the devs for those two games and upcoming C.O don't even think to add content in the game. Why aren't they looking at WoW/Warhammer and saying .. "let's do what they do".

If they want me to be interested in C.O, they need to come out with some press releases and media detailing all their cool content.

making a character, giving him powers will only go so far once i'm 2 weeks into the game and have seen the same stuff over and over.

Oh boy, a mob boss that hits 2x as hard as a regular mob.. whoop.
Also, to the people up top that said they since implemented the changes i suggested.. that was err.. in 2008? The game came out in 2004 I believe. 4 years to put in something as simple as cosmetically upgrading my gun? sigh.

Who was responsible for Auto Assault? that was a pile as well.. I keep thinking Cryptic has something to do with it all.

I cant place my finger.. but for some reason, the following MMO's all remind me of each other. Maybe it's the art style, or overly simplistic UI/gameplay..

CoH
CoV
(what i've seen of C.O)
Auto Assault
Tabula Rasa

3. Re: Champions Online Movie Feb 8, 2009, 15:23 ColoradoHoudini

Nurg, I have to admit I do have it out for CoH/CoV/C.O and Cryptic in general.
They seem to have such a good idea, but ultimately their games lack any sort of depth. Like for example, in CoH, I made an assault blaster, and not once in the game could I ever upgrade my gun in looks or features.
I could slot some bonuses on it (I forget the name).. but where was the cool gun upgrade from a boss drop, or player-created gun?
There's just a lot missing from the three MMO's I've mentioned. It remains to be seen if C.O will be something deeper than CoH or will it be just another CoH clone with some new fancy colors and yet even more customization options.. whoop.

Really, Im just mad because i'd love to play a solid superhero MMO, but the current ones and upcoming ones seem so shallow.. especially compared to WoW (yes, i went there)

News Comments > Star Trek Online Movie
5. Re: Star Trek Online Movie Feb 8, 2009, 13:24 ColoradoHoudini

I didn't realize until a few days ago that Cryptic was doing this title..
which to me screams "90% character/ship creation, 10% gameplay"..
I really don't think they'll do this franchise justice at all.

1. Re: Champions Online Movie Feb 8, 2009, 13:20 ColoradoHoudini

I still have yet to read a damn thing about C.O beyond character creation and colorizing your special attacks/powers. The first thing is a given with this developer, the second is a nice add-on.. but I fear that C.O will not have enough depth to the game.
Seems like a quick fix MMO.

Any C.O fanboys around? I promise I won't bash, I simply want to know why I should be looking forward to this title.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Interview
2. Re: DC Universe Online Interview Feb 7, 2009, 17:40 ColoradoHoudini

All i want to know is that the game will have depth like what WoW has.. or close to it.. and not the shallow game that CoH/CoV is and Champions Online appears it will be.

News Comments > Digital Wrath of the Lich King
3. Re: Digital Wrath of the Lich King Nov 22, 2008, 13:21 ColoradoHoudini

I'm going out house hunting today.. then grocery shopping.. then settling in to level my DK.
He's 65 at the moment. Gonna get him to 68 soon and into Northrend.
I shelved my Shaman after playing him since day 1.

FOR THE HORDE!

-Rioteyes, Medivh, Orc DK

News Comments > New Tribal Trouble 2 Beta
1. Re: New Tribal Trouble 2 Beta Nov 16, 2008, 00:33 ColoradoHoudini

god dammit.. i thought i read "New Tribes..."

sigh..
where's my next thinking mans FPS?
where's a new Tribes or new Unreal XMP??!!

News Comments > Richard Garriott Leaves NCsoft
20. Re: Richard Garriott Leaves NCsoft Nov 12, 2008, 17:53 ColoradoHoudini

It's unfortunate that TR was such a heap of blah..
It thought we were going to have another good MMO on the table. Instead we got .. well fuck, a whole lot of nothing interesting

News Comments > Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big
7. Re: Jumpgate Evolution Beta is Big Nov 10, 2008, 20:51 ColoradoHoudini

I really, REALLY wanted to love Eve. it came out for me at a time when I wanted to get into an MMO and had tons of free time. I was also really into the space/sci-fi genre across all my entertainment venues and when i turned to Eve, i was excited.

Then.. I realized that the game to me, was more like work than a game. It took forever to get into the fun, and really.. the fun I found wasn't really fun. Dammit!

So here's to hoping this title gives me something to be excited about. Good fun, faster to the fun than Eve.. but close to the depth.. but not overwhelming!

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a "Huge Concern"
72. Re: Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a Nov 6, 2008, 00:34 ColoradoHoudini

Endo:

You're right.. my cousin can then take his console game and trade it in.. get 30 bucks back on a 50 dollar game and he's only out 20.. sometimes getting 20bucks worth of entertainment out of it before reselling, other times not.

But as it was next mentioned.. he has that option.. i don't.. which is once again why i take great care in reviewing my PC games before I buy them.

I think we all agree here.. let's start the Bluesnews gamer dev house.. and we'll even allow our games to be resold!

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a "Huge Concern"
55. Re: Red Alert 3 Dev: PC Piracy a Nov 5, 2008, 19:40 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone ever stop to think about who else is hurt by the lack of PC titles?
Ya know.. hardware manufacturers..
tons of players in that arena.
--------------
I would say.. title for title.. PC gamers are much more informed on games than console gamers. That factors in hugely into sales. I know I skipped many titles because of thorough reviews by actual knowledgeable gamers and countless reviews and reads of both the game and the people that make it.

My little cousin buys whatever console game he sees in the store.. so do all his college friends. "looks good.. pick it up".
----------------
Terrible support ='s bad sales.
hello EA.. i'm talking fucking directly to you and damn near every god damn title you fucking touch.

Oh, and I'm still bitter about the whole EA NFL monopoly with Madden.

News Comments > Street Fighter IV in February, Resident Evil 5 on PCs
12. Re: Street Fighter IV in February, Resident Evil 5 on PCs Nov 4, 2008, 20:37 ColoradoHoudini

Resident Evil was the only game to this day where I had to put down the game and step back because I was scared out of my mind.
that stupid zombie breathing noise haunted me for years

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated
7. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Updated Nov 4, 2008, 13:30 ColoradoHoudini

I was talking to a fellow nerd coworker last week about MMO's.. and we were naming all of the ones we could think of and talking about certain elements of the games we liked and would steal for a super MMO (bear with me)..
we talked about games we played, games we read about..upcoming games..
we totally forgot about D&D Online.. ouch.

I forgot that this game even existed or still exists.

News Comments > New OpenArena
6. Re: New OpenArena Nov 4, 2008, 00:17 ColoradoHoudini

Jayjay:

Come on.. you can't really think for a moment that the Linux crowd is in any way, shape or form the target audience for this title?
To me this title screams "hey.. remember us, we used to make decent games..please remember us" --if anything.

Over 8 years.. and you think there's any sort of market for this title? Testing the waters perhaps.. but even then, with such an old game in a dying niche? --twitchy FPS's without much content. Don't argue that with part with me.. i'll quote gspy numbers and we'll never get anywhere.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Generals 2 Hints?
14. Re: Command & Conquer Generals 2 Hints? Nov 3, 2008, 20:16 ColoradoHoudini

I liked Generals *shrug*..
what was to terrible about it?

News Comments > Bill Roper Joins Cryptic Studios
34. Re: An Open Letter To Cryptic Nov 3, 2008, 20:15 ColoradoHoudini

I already had zero hope for this title due to the fact that it won't bring a damn new thing to the table as far as MMO's and the superhero theme goes..
Now.. now... I don't care one bit about this title.

good luck, with your shallow game and idiot design director.

1341 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo