Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1357 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 In Production
43. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 20:56 ColoradoHoudini

I really, really enjoy the MP aspect of WaW.. good damn fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Troopers
2. Re: The Old Republic Troopers May 8, 2009, 16:55 ColoradoHoudini

I heard that this game will have microtransactions..which I am led to believe will have people paying real money for in game items..true?

News Comments > Warhammer Online Live Event
1. Re: Warhammer Online Live Event Apr 20, 2009, 21:12 ColoradoHoudini

how's the game these days?
I had to stop playing because my machine couldn't handle the large pvp battles.

Now i'm addicted to Ulduar in WoW..
New toys..for me??

News Comments > NCsoft NorCal now Paragon Studios
5. Re: NCsoft NorCal now Paragon Studios Apr 14, 2009, 17:23 ColoradoHoudini

Will this open up a position for "Depth Engineer" .. someone who can add replayability to the game perhaps.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patches
6. Re: World of Warcraft Patches Apr 14, 2009, 17:22 ColoradoHoudini

I'm excited that i'll be able to farm as a dps spec.. yay!
here's to hoping Ulduar is tough and challenging.. not like Naxx/Maly/Sarth 3 Drake which are all easy shit.

name: Xodiak
Tauren Shaman, resto.. Unholy legion on Kelecgos.

News Comments > Guild Wars Birthday Events
13. Re: Guild Wars Birthday Events Apr 12, 2009, 12:33 ColoradoHoudini

I found the game to be absolute garbage in every way save for the pretty background graphics of areas you couldn't get to because you were on rails.

News Comments > Call of Duty: World at War Patch, Map Pack
1. CoD 4 and CoD WaW issues.. Apr 10, 2009, 00:58 ColoradoHoudini

I guess this is as a good as a place as any to post this..

what's the easiest way to find CoD4/CoD WaW servers that DON'T allow airstrikes? I just got both games, and while they look and play fucking incredibly.. I cannot get past how the nonstop airstrike spam ruins the entire game for me.
Also, nade spam is ridiculous too... i wish that would be cut in half.

CoD 4.. love it, but i run out, die. respawn, nade death, respawn, air strike death, respawn, air strike, repeat for the entire round.

I understand that it takes skill to get the 6 kills in a row to order the airstrike.. but how many of those 6 kills are nade kills? Why is there no cooldown on airstrikes? Wait, i know there's some sort of cooldown.. but it cant be more than.. 1 second? It's non damn stop.. it's infuriating and ruins (to me) and otherwise stellar game.

I like the faster pace.. sure.. like BF2.. but quicker.. but not quake speed. All the elements are there for a slightly more tactical game.. but it just isnt there.

The artillery in WaW seems god damn excessive too.

So, how can i find modded servers that dont allow this noobfest?

also:
Is there another game with the same polish as CoD4/CoD WaW that I might be missing out on? (I have TF2).

BF 2142 seemed to miss the mark, and don't get me started on ET:QW

News Comments > Mortal Kombat Team Seeks Deal?
2. Re: Mortal Kombat Team Seeks Deal? Apr 4, 2009, 15:54 ColoradoHoudini

new Killer Instinct game please.  

News Comments > EA DRM Tools
19. CoD 4 woes.. maybe related to.. Mar 31, 2009, 18:51 ColoradoHoudini

I just picked up CoD 4 today from the store.. got home, and i've been trying to install it on my freshly built (1 day old) Vista 64 box.. with all the latest drivers and only Nero/Avast/Spybot as 3rd party applications installed on this machine.

I keep getting an "Error 1309"..which from googling, tells me it could be related to some secure nonsense on the DVD.
WTF.

I can't install a game i bought and the culprit (as much as i can tell) is probably some anti-piracy nonsense. If so, I am god fucking infuriated and will immediately download, via torrents, the game.. seeding as as I grab it.

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to fix this issue, thanks!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. RTS question Mar 27, 2009, 14:01 ColoradoHoudini

What are some good RTS's that have come out in the last year that i might've missed?

I am building my new comp this weekend and will be looking for some new titles.
I have Red Alert 3.. and know about, but havent picked up yet the new DoW.. waiting for the patches.

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Announced
7. Re: R.U.S.E. Announced Mar 24, 2009, 16:31 ColoradoHoudini

" RTS, Consoles, Depth... pick two. "

RTS and Depth...

oh, I see what you did there.

News Comments > Wanted Demo
1. Re: Wanted Demo Mar 24, 2009, 14:49 ColoradoHoudini

didn't this movie come out like.. 2 years ago?
what tie-in are they looking for? or is there going to be a sequel?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 23, 2009, 12:27 ColoradoHoudini

hey fellas.. I'm putting together a new machine and want some inputs here. Figured some folks might have some perspective.

all from Newegg.

-LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30 - OEM (didnt really think a burner choice made a huge difference)
-Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s (i don't need anything bigger, i have 4 hard drives on another machine for storage)
-MSI R4870-MD1G Radeon HD 4870 1GB (it came down to this or the GTX260.. but the GTX was 500bucks when you got one with HDMI.. and this is $199 with HDMI and the performance difference between the two is minimal

--having said that.. Any of you guys use HDMI for gaming and see a difference? i won't be watching much, if any Blu Ray movies on my comp (downloaded, not dvd fed, hence no blu ray player up top). Wondering if HDMI is going to produce a huge difference in visible quality and worth getting?
If so.. then I'll be getting this monitor:

-Acer X233H 23" ..thoughts?

-Antec EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V (not going to do SLI)
-OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
-Foxconn A79A-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
-AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor

The mobo/cpu is a combo deal and seems to be the best one out there.

Okay, now do I want to run Vista Ultimate 32 bit or 64 bit? keeping in mind, this is a gaming machine first and foremost. I apologize for not being smart on the OS's.. as I've been running XP for ages.

any info/suggestions appreciated

News Comments > No PC NHL 10
16. Re: No PC NHL 10 Mar 18, 2009, 16:49 ColoradoHoudini

GO BRUINS!

/adding nothing
//excited about my team for the first time in a long time
///still bitter about Montreal coming back to beat us 4 games in a row some years back

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES to Return
29. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 18, 2009, 16:47 ColoradoHoudini

I've wanted a new Tribes since.. well.. for damn near ever. The closest a game came was Unreal XMP, which I believe could still be a badass game if redone on a good engine (not a pig engine like XMP was)..

Failing that..

a true successor to the Tribes franchise is sorely needed. A "thinking man's" FPS.. not that bullshit that was Tribes:V
I remember in beta saying "nobody is going to like this.. it's too twitchy etc.." of course the idiot fanboys who knew nothing of the original Tribes told me to shutup.. yeah, turns out i was right.

Give me a real Tribes 4.. with all the goodness that was in Tribes 1 and the fixed version of Tribes 2.

I want to set up my top defenses in my heavy and play a long game of cat and mouse. With my turrets, mines, camera, inv station and my big guns.

WESTERN ALLIANCE -- best Tribes 1 clan!

News Comments > Marvel MMOGs
7. Re: Marvel MMOGs Mar 17, 2009, 15:58 ColoradoHoudini

yawn..
it'll be more like DC Universe and Champions.. which is to say.. no depth and nothing besides character creation to draw people in.

CoV/CoH 2 is more like it.

News Comments > WAR Career Opportunities
8. Re: WAR Career Opportunities Mar 17, 2009, 15:53 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone have any thoughts on how the game is looking these days?

I got my DoK and my Sorc up to the mid 20's.. did some PvP'ing.. but my comp lagged so bad in the larger battles i couldn't play the game the way it was meant to be played.

I'm building a new comp soon and wondered how the state of gaming in War is now?

News Comments > Bounty Hunter on The Old Republic
3. Re: Bounty Hunter on The Old Republic Mar 16, 2009, 11:16 ColoradoHoudini

Bhuric: good point.. as i was thinking the same thing.

They're going to have to make the other classes very bad ass for me to move away from wielding a lightsaber and being a jedi or sith.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie
9. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 17:26 ColoradoHoudini

Because some of us are PC gamers at heart, don't have an X360 or PS3, and demo's are free? Maybe?

That's me.

although I'd play this on my console and tv.. that'd be pretty fun i'd think. --I don't have a console though
For now, it'll be the joystick and my 24inch CRT.. yeah baby.. CRT! (Sony monster from like.. 2001)

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2009, 17:27.

News Comments > WiC: Soviet Assault This Month
3. Re: WiC: Soviet Assault This Month Mar 1, 2009, 15:26 ColoradoHoudini

A Soviet assault?

WOLVERINES!!

/the chair is against the wall

1357 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo