Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1345 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 23, 2009, 12:27 ColoradoHoudini

hey fellas.. I'm putting together a new machine and want some inputs here. Figured some folks might have some perspective.

all from Newegg.

-LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30 - OEM (didnt really think a burner choice made a huge difference)
-Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s (i don't need anything bigger, i have 4 hard drives on another machine for storage)
-MSI R4870-MD1G Radeon HD 4870 1GB (it came down to this or the GTX260.. but the GTX was 500bucks when you got one with HDMI.. and this is $199 with HDMI and the performance difference between the two is minimal

--having said that.. Any of you guys use HDMI for gaming and see a difference? i won't be watching much, if any Blu Ray movies on my comp (downloaded, not dvd fed, hence no blu ray player up top). Wondering if HDMI is going to produce a huge difference in visible quality and worth getting?
If so.. then I'll be getting this monitor:

-Acer X233H 23" ..thoughts?

-Antec EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V (not going to do SLI)
-OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
-Foxconn A79A-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
-AMD Phenom II X4 920 2.8GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor

The mobo/cpu is a combo deal and seems to be the best one out there.

Okay, now do I want to run Vista Ultimate 32 bit or 64 bit? keeping in mind, this is a gaming machine first and foremost. I apologize for not being smart on the OS's.. as I've been running XP for ages.

any info/suggestions appreciated

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No PC NHL 10
16. Re: No PC NHL 10 Mar 18, 2009, 16:49 ColoradoHoudini

GO BRUINS!

/adding nothing
//excited about my team for the first time in a long time
///still bitter about Montreal coming back to beat us 4 games in a row some years back

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES to Return
29. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 18, 2009, 16:47 ColoradoHoudini

I've wanted a new Tribes since.. well.. for damn near ever. The closest a game came was Unreal XMP, which I believe could still be a badass game if redone on a good engine (not a pig engine like XMP was)..

Failing that..

a true successor to the Tribes franchise is sorely needed. A "thinking man's" FPS.. not that bullshit that was Tribes:V
I remember in beta saying "nobody is going to like this.. it's too twitchy etc.." of course the idiot fanboys who knew nothing of the original Tribes told me to shutup.. yeah, turns out i was right.

Give me a real Tribes 4.. with all the goodness that was in Tribes 1 and the fixed version of Tribes 2.

I want to set up my top defenses in my heavy and play a long game of cat and mouse. With my turrets, mines, camera, inv station and my big guns.

WESTERN ALLIANCE -- best Tribes 1 clan!

News Comments > Marvel MMOGs
7. Re: Marvel MMOGs Mar 17, 2009, 15:58 ColoradoHoudini

yawn..
it'll be more like DC Universe and Champions.. which is to say.. no depth and nothing besides character creation to draw people in.

CoV/CoH 2 is more like it.

News Comments > WAR Career Opportunities
8. Re: WAR Career Opportunities Mar 17, 2009, 15:53 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone have any thoughts on how the game is looking these days?

I got my DoK and my Sorc up to the mid 20's.. did some PvP'ing.. but my comp lagged so bad in the larger battles i couldn't play the game the way it was meant to be played.

I'm building a new comp soon and wondered how the state of gaming in War is now?

News Comments > Bounty Hunter on The Old Republic
3. Re: Bounty Hunter on The Old Republic Mar 16, 2009, 11:16 ColoradoHoudini

Bhuric: good point.. as i was thinking the same thing.

They're going to have to make the other classes very bad ass for me to move away from wielding a lightsaber and being a jedi or sith.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie
9. Re: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Movie Mar 3, 2009, 17:26 ColoradoHoudini

Because some of us are PC gamers at heart, don't have an X360 or PS3, and demo's are free? Maybe?

That's me.

although I'd play this on my console and tv.. that'd be pretty fun i'd think. --I don't have a console though
For now, it'll be the joystick and my 24inch CRT.. yeah baby.. CRT! (Sony monster from like.. 2001)

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2009, 17:27.

News Comments > WiC: Soviet Assault This Month
3. Re: WiC: Soviet Assault This Month Mar 1, 2009, 15:26 ColoradoHoudini

A Soviet assault?

WOLVERINES!!

/the chair is against the wall

News Comments > Tabula Rasa's Swan Song
19. Re: Tabula Rasa's Swan Song Mar 1, 2009, 00:54 ColoradoHoudini

I was pretty certain that they were making a Warhammer40k MMO?

i know i read about it.. didnt i?
http://kotaku.com/389784/first-proper-details-on-warhammer-40k-mmo
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166560.html

News Comments > Tabula Rasa's Swan Song
2. Re: Tabula Rasa's Swan Song Feb 27, 2009, 21:44 ColoradoHoudini

Did the game ever implement a good hit scan, air and ground vehicles, decent crafting, and get rid of that cheap MMO look that CoH/CoV/and Auto Assault were all plagued with?

On paper it sounded good.. in execution it was terribly bland and unpolished.

heres to hoping that Blizzard's next MMO is an FPS.

News Comments > Darkfall Live
8. Re: Darkfall Live Feb 27, 2009, 19:23 ColoradoHoudini

I had no idea this game was in any sort of playable state at all..
weird, i had heard hype about it long ago, you'd think there'd be a bit of buzz on the net -shrug- .. maybe i'm just not looking in the right places?

PvP only? If that's true.. no thanks. I have FPS's for that.

News Comments > WAR Patch, Price Cut Next Week
2. Re: WAR Patch, Price Cut Next Week Feb 27, 2009, 19:11 ColoradoHoudini

I would probably still be playing this game if it didnt take a much stronger PC than i currently have in order to enjoy RvR combat without ridiculous amounts of lag.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Movie
2. Re: DC Universe Online Movie Feb 25, 2009, 23:44 ColoradoHoudini

Looks neat.. so where can i read up more on this title? I dont see anything on the main page from sony.. unless firefox is blocking stuff.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Tabula Rasa Feb 22, 2009, 03:08 ColoradoHoudini

I came into TR during beta and did so with nothing but excitement. A future'ish MMO with something resembling more coordinated combat.
Then within 2 weeks I was like "you have to be kidding me, this game feels juvenile at best, and is missing so many elements that you'd think it'd automatically have".

The game failed on so many fronts for me, and I really, really wanted it to succeed. It felt like every other NC Soft/Net Devil/whomever was responsible for CoH/Auto Assault and it just felt cheesy.

I really hope someone comes out with a good future'ish FPS MMO in the near future. Blizzard and your unannounced MMO title.. i'm looking at you.

News Comments > StarCraft 2 Status
25. Re: StarCraft 2 Status Feb 17, 2009, 20:45 ColoradoHoudini

I've been hardcore PC gaming since 1994.. and if you would've asked me "with what you know about Starcraft 2.. when do you think it will come out".
I would've said - August or so.

I had no idea they hyped that game the way they did/have and a beta MIGHT make it out before the end of this year?

Hype machine.. ACTIVATE!
shape of oversellingyourgameslongbeforetheyareduetocomeout
form of reallymanthisshitgetsoldquick

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Feb 15, 2009, 12:36 ColoradoHoudini

It's been a long while since i played DoW 1.. but I think I recall building some little base units in that game. Is there no base building at all in DoW 2?

I suck in MP, so i just play SP and turtle up. If there arent any base buildings to create.. err..

News Comments > Microsoft Stores
8. Re: Microsoft Stores Feb 13, 2009, 12:08 ColoradoHoudini

I see some people here might be Farkers...

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=4208027

Good link with lots of talk about this subject.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 13, 2009, 12:06 ColoradoHoudini

I'm a dummy.. which lead me to believe that with Blu Ray winning the war, the PS3 would've taken control by a good margin.

Serious question:
why does the 360 outsell the PS3? titles? better online component?
I don't own a console, but I've been thinking of picking up a new 1080p tv and a console for a while now.. i could've sworn the PS3 would've been the console to get.

Also, why is it so damn expensive still?

News Comments > Anarchy Online Booster Next Week
5. Re: Anarchy Online Booster Next Week Feb 13, 2009, 12:02 ColoradoHoudini

If only there were a huge company with near limitless assets that could make a new cyberpunk/future punk MMO.. like say.. if their lead dev left the game.. to work on an unannounced mmo title within the same company..

blizzard? oh hello there.. tell me you're looking at AO and saying "this genre needs a real mmo"

News Comments > Help Uwe Boll Make a Non-Game Movie
2. Re: Help Uwe Boll Make a Non-Game Movie Feb 13, 2009, 12:01 ColoradoHoudini

Serious question:

Has he made any good or even halfway decent movies?

1345 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo