Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1344 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Champions Online Pre-purchase Bonuses
5. Re: Champions Online Pre-purchase Bonuse Aug 3, 2009, 20:22 ColoradoHoudini

"donít waste your money or time on this atrocity."

Just going to hazard a guess- it's devoid of content, and the game is mostly centered around creating your character, and there is no grandiose feeling that you're a superhero?
What else am I missing?

From every movie, pic, and interview i come across, this game smells of CoX, part 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft 3.2 Info Blowout
18. Re: World of Warcraft 3.2 Info Blowout Aug 2, 2009, 11:54 ColoradoHoudini

"With visuals from 1998, and gameplay from Diablo, I'm surprised this piece of shit is able to hold anyone's attention, especially after all these years"

Dunno man..
I play at a very high resolution, all fancy stuff turned way up and the game looks good to me. No slowdown on Sarth +3, Yogg, Hodir with all those snow/ice effects either.

a Flickr link.. won't be full size though

[url=]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2125/3781535978_a6b27dd1d3_b.jpg[/url]
[url=]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/3780721997_42d2eb35c3_b.jpg[/url]

News Comments > World of Warcraft 3.2 Info Blowout
4. Re: World of Warcraft 3.2 Info Blowout Aug 1, 2009, 19:17 ColoradoHoudini

I wish they'd redo the earlier levels too.. just because I'd like to level up a few alts to play with, but I really, REALLY don't want to do any old world content. It's boring to see all those old places again..

As far as new PvE quests and such, they add em, but there's hardly any replayability in them.. you do em, maybe dailies for rep on some garbage useless gear or vanity pet.. then you're done. So then dummies sit there and say "where's my new content.. i don't want to raid".. well then, you're done.. get off the game, you did the new content.. they cannot possibly add as much in terms of a timesink in quests as they can with a raid.. idiots cannot see that.

So they add raid content, and that's a lot of stuff to go through over a long period of time. they add in some new quests.. but mostly raid stuff.

But don't listen to me, I've been raiding since day 1.. a day 1 shaman.. killed every boss in the game. A life? yeah, i have one.. i swear. I'm skewed towards epic content.
I'm drunk right now too.. damn golf..
i shot better on the back 9 than the front. Which is odd cause i was tanked on the back 9.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Video
5. Re: DC Universe Online Video Aug 1, 2009, 11:30 ColoradoHoudini

"Well ...the Champions Online def is not fun. The char creation is pretty intense...but how long can you have fun making a million looking diff chars. "

That's the same thing I've been saying since day 1 of C.O
In all the interviews, or the overwhelming majority of them, they speak to how much you can tailor your character.. and give me nothing as far as depth to the game.. nothing that makes me say "ooh damn, this is bigger and better than CoX".

They really seem to be leaning on this ultra customization thing way too much.

News Comments > PS3 RAGE Rage Addressed
14. Re: PS3 RAGE Rage Addressed Jul 31, 2009, 16:13 ColoradoHoudini

"xbox is god, ps3 is shit.. now go have a beer together everyone "

yeah.. a new pandora's box..what kind of beer?
I'm going to have a Bristol Brewing Compass IPA..

/beer snob

News Comments > EVE Online Movie
13. Re: EVE Online Movie Jul 29, 2009, 23:14 ColoradoHoudini

Eve was way too much of a job and nothing like a game to me..
then the PvP griefing, the slow-ass pace of the game. I get it, if youre into that, it's great..

here;s to hoping Black Proophecy is good

http://blackprophecy-game.com/

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Movie
24. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movie Jul 28, 2009, 15:10 ColoradoHoudini

I would love for this game to be toned down a notch or two. With so many tactical'ish assets, I don't think I should see +50 pop up over someones head, or the feel that people are moving around too quickly.

Same issue I had with Quake Wars.. all those awesome tactical elements, and the gameplay being too fast.

I am not asking for realistic slowdown.. just ratchet it back a notch.

News Comments > Champions Online Preorders & Beta
4. Re: Champions Online Preorders & Beta Jul 27, 2009, 19:31 ColoradoHoudini

I'm going to need to see a lot more from this game before it gets any of my attention/money.

News Comments > Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, & I am Alive Delays
25. Re: Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, & I am Alive Delays Jul 27, 2009, 19:27 ColoradoHoudini

"Why is this funny to you? Do you really enjoy being vindictive and malicious? "

I'm guessing here, but he just dislikes some of the PC posters so this is his way at getting back at them.
However, I'm sure he's kidding because he'd be a fool to not understand the trickle down implications of a PC gaming scene dying, anyone would be a fool for not understanding that angle.
Having said that, it sure doesn't seem like the trickle down effect of PC gaming collapsing is ever mentioned. Maybe because it's not collapsing..I suppose that's the biggest reason. However, should it start to full on die.. oh boy.. not good for any gamer.

News Comments > Borderlands Trailer
21. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jul 26, 2009, 02:48 ColoradoHoudini

Nah, I've been a well-informed avid PC gamer since Netquake.. I know better and I don't buy on a trailer or hype alone. I like the whole concept of the games, I jut got a bit too excited there.

News Comments > Borderlands Trailer
19. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jul 25, 2009, 14:31 ColoradoHoudini

Now that, is a god damn trailer!
the music was spot fucking on, and the game looks badass.. liked the presentation of the trailer too "okay kids, big finish".. glorious.

you have my money on that trailer alone.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament's Retail Break
21. Re: Unreal Tournament's Retail Break Jul 25, 2009, 14:18 ColoradoHoudini

I would love to see another Unreal XMP.. ya know, a smarter shooter, something that resembles Tribes in the teamwork/classes department. Run and gun, twitch, fragfests are fun.. but I need a bit more depth in my FPS's these days, and maybe for them to be around the same speed as TF2...ya know, I am not as young as quick as I used to be  

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
28. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 14:10 ColoradoHoudini

The current machine I'm posting from is my gaming machine.
Vista Ultimate 64 - black edition, Phenom II cpu, 4 gigs ram, GTX 260 216 core, good mobo, great psu, 750 gig hd, dvd burner, great case.. cost me under 800 bucks when i built it 4 months ago.. and at the time, it was near top of the line. This machine runs every game at the highest settings without a hiccup...why would anyone think a gaming pc needs to cost 4grand, hell 2grand?

News Comments > Alice in Wonderland Game
4. Re: Alice in Wonderland Game Jul 23, 2009, 12:47 ColoradoHoudini

"'... A game based on a movie, based on a game, based on a book. Eeeesh. "

you just divided by zero.

News Comments > C&C4 Info, Screenshots
8. Re: C&C4 Info, Screenshots Jul 20, 2009, 19:07 ColoradoHoudini

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/07/forced-to-connect-eas-cc-4-requires-always-on-internet.ars

Oh hell no. hell damn no. I have a laptop used just for gaming that I take with me on travel to random places (and places like the Middle East) where I don't have internet connections out.. especially not a connection that would allow that port opened.

i will now wait for a hacked version of this game.. wow.. that screws me over nicely.

News Comments > Valve on Community Funding
16. Re: Valve on Community Funding Jul 20, 2009, 19:03 ColoradoHoudini

10 bucks for a new Tribes game.. and make it more like Tribes and a lot less like Tribes:V .. or hell, add-in some of Unreal XMP while you're at it.

and another 10 clams for Rare/MS is they come out with a new Killer Instinct game.. and that means i'll buy a 360 too.

-pipe dreaming over here

News Comments > Champions Online vs Champions and Nemeses
5. Re: Champions Online vs Champions and Nemeses Jul 15, 2009, 23:43 ColoradoHoudini

I want to make a stink about something small..
stop with the long intros to your gameplay movies... just put a watermark on the bottom of the screen.

1:03 for this movie.. 50 seconds of footage.. i know.. i am nitpicking.

News Comments > More WAR Server Merges in Discussion
9. Re: More WAR Server Merges in Discussion Jul 13, 2009, 19:29 ColoradoHoudini

So how has the game got worse in the last few months?
I told myself i would go back and play after I got a new gamign rig, but never had the desire to do so.

News Comments > CoD: World at War Map Pack 2 Nears
6. Re: CoD: World at War Map Pack 2 Nears Jul 13, 2009, 19:27 ColoradoHoudini

Those of you that play WaW regularly, check out the server "USA vs Canada" .. hardcore mode server, no rifle nades, no bettys, no martyrdom.. all skill, all the time. Some of the best players play there..
admins (clan named FX) are always playing there.. good guys, well-run server.. best i found since i started playing WaW.

I'm on there are [UL]Houdini_KD

It'll be nice to get some new maps out there to play on

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie
29. Re: MechWarrior Movie Jul 9, 2009, 23:12 ColoradoHoudini

I just want more on the game side.. less on the "memorize 35 buttons on my keyboard" side..
not dumbed down for console stupids.. not ultra sim.. but a fine, dare i say, harmonious balance between the two.

1344 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo