Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1350 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 12, 2013, 11:48 ColoradoHoudini

jamiedj99 wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 09:41:
gearbox can suck my balls after screwing with aliens i just keep pirating borderlands 2 for free instead and get all my loots fffrrrreeee!!!! HAHAHA dumb ass gearbox frakers

I honestly don't know what you mean, can you explain that? did Gearbox do something to Borderlands or another game.. I am not trolling, what are you upset about?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 00:17 ColoradoHoudini

Does anyone remember the anonymous employee that came out and lambasted this game for too much audio, not enough content.. the game would fail.. etc? Turns out.. he was RIGHT  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 8, 2013, 19:27 ColoradoHoudini

Too little too late. I remember when i first saw the title and thought how awesome this game would be when I can take my ship and fly planet to planet.. and explore.. just go sit somewhere nobody is.. and take in the visuals, maybe dogfight from space, down the the surface.. etc.. open world..
Boy was I disappointed. space combat.. on rails? Just let me fly all over from mission to mission, area to area.. explore, fight, park my ship somewhere and let me come back to see it's surrounded by aliens I need to kill.. call in friends to strafe the area.. etc.

They really missed the mark on this game. Not to mention the personal questline that had you running back and forth and back and forth way too often. Fly back to that place, get out, travel to the main area, run in, get one line of dialogue, run out and back to where I originally was.. 15 minutes ago.. ugh.. screw you.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
33. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 8, 2013, 10:19 ColoradoHoudini

DangerDog wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 03:22:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 21:46:
I have a Twin Frozr (I think) Radeon 6950 that is the switchable unlock to 6970.. it plays BF4..not well (I understand that the game needs optimization).. but I have been thinking of getting a 7970 fr BF4 and possibly this game as well..is that a good card for $261.00 (newegg special today)

A 7970 Gigahertz Edition is worth getting, the "new" AMD cards are out on the 11th and it compares to an R9 280x (new name but same as 7970GE). The newer cards are more money @ 299 retail but don't really offer much in the way of new features for the extra money, plus the "never settle" game bundle isn't covered on the new cards - no free games unless you step up to the R9 290x which is going to be limited to 8000 issues of the card with Battlefield 4. It compares well to a 770 GTX, which is around $100 more and apparently Nvidia isn't going to drop the price anytime soon.

New vid card.. here I come!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
7. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 7, 2013, 21:46 ColoradoHoudini

I have a Twin Frozr (I think) Radeon 6950 that is the switchable unlock to 6970.. it plays BF4..not well (I understand that the game needs optimization).. but I have been thinking of getting a 7970 fr BF4 and possibly this game as well..is that a good card for $261.00 (newegg special today)  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Squads Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Squads Trailer Oct 3, 2013, 21:57 ColoradoHoudini

I know I'll catch a beating for this.. but that looks cool.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2013 Virtual Gifts Detailed
3. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Virtual Gifts Detailed Oct 3, 2013, 00:08 ColoradoHoudini

Is anything of any substance expected to be released at all? It really is just blind fan boys going at this point.. right?  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
30. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 23:15 ColoradoHoudini

Yeah, I just went ahead and ordered from Origin.. $71 with tax.. ouch! But.. I figure I'll be playing it for at least 4 months. I should easily get my moneys worth.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
28. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 22:18 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone pre-order from Play-sc.com? A month ago I bought Company of Heroes 2 from them.. no issues.

Any thoughts? It's 53.00 for BF4 + China Rising

If I bought this version, would I get in early beta?
http://play-sc.com/Battlefield-4-PC-Download-Origin-Key.html

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 19:16 ColoradoHoudini

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 13:15:
Alien Rage should be on the list, or at least next week. It's like Quake 4 and Hard Reset. Awesome!

Just watched a trailer.. looks pretty fun.

News Comments > WildStar Trailer
1. Re: WildStar Trailer Sep 27, 2013, 16:17 ColoradoHoudini

i am interested in this game.. just to see if someone can take all the best elements of Rift and GW2.. and put that into a new game. GW2 lacks anything to do at 80...and Rift is long in the tooth, and I'm behind the power curve there..

So if a new MMO can come out, have end game stuff, and have all the features that GW2 and Rift brought in.. i'm sold!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer
4. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Trailer Sep 27, 2013, 16:15 ColoradoHoudini

I've been talking to my coworker about this title, and previous AC titles. He said that they used to be more stealthy, but now they are more action oriented. I told him that I couldnt wait to play a new AC on my PS4, and that I am going to love the stealth, the careful plotting of kill.. avoiding people etc.. he said "yeah, not these days".

One of the trailers i saw had the guy fighting fish underwater and then fighting 3 guys in the open.. that seems to ruin the whole stealth killer angle I thought the game was about.. or was i way off in my original impression?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 22:10 ColoradoHoudini

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 20:45:
They've added a new tier of gear above exotic, called ascended. Weapons and accessories for now and armor coming soon, for those of you with no desire to do anything but grind for hours and hours to earn an extra 5% to your stats...

I wouldnt mind a grind, if it came at the expense of tough, quality content. I don't want "gather X amount of ____ mats" .. and that's it. Give us, as a guild or raid or large group.. something big to work for.

I know, ?I am asking for mechanics in a game that doesnt go down that path.. i get it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 19:26 ColoradoHoudini

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 14:49:
Well when the game has no subscription, offering it at a huge discount doesn't make a lot of sense.

It is a fun game up to 80, then quickly gets stale. The quote unquote "raids" are nothing more than your zerg doing as much damage as possible, and the World vs World is just more zerging, trying to destroy doors. It is fun up to 80, they did a good job with the areas and the questing, but then you pretty much run into a brick wall.

I feel the exact same way 100000%. I LOVED leveling up to 80 with everyone else.. the zones were amazing, everything was flat out amazing.. then at 80, I was bored out of my mind after a few days. I had all the best gear, saw all the dungeons, and there were no world bosses. The WvWvW PvP wasn't fun because it was so well-coordinated that those massive battles were never fought.. and if they ever were, it was a chaotic stalemate.

I wish this game had raiding, yeah I said it.. and a LOT of world bosses. This game turns into a fashion show and chat lounge at 80.. if that's your thing, fine.. but the content for level 80's that are anywhere near a decent MMO player (with time).. is really not there.

I logged in about 3 weeks ago, and asked what the best gear was, and got linked gear I already had 6-8+ months ago. Okay fine, it's not a gear game, but the new content was done in a few days.. same lackluster return on time invested for not much fun. This game was SO close to being the best MMO i have ever played.. but at every turn where I wanted more content, more challenge, more fun.. the game failed by either not having it, or whatever it was was cheap/short/gimmicky nonsense wrapped around a fashion show.

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
14. Re: More Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Sep 20, 2013, 20:14 ColoradoHoudini

i am patiently waiting for a AAA title to come out for the PC where we can go back to our glory days of map making, game modding, and personally-owned servers.
That HAS to happen again, right?

News Comments > Extraction Closed Beta Next Month
1. Re: Extraction Closed Beta Next Month Sep 18, 2013, 00:02 ColoradoHoudini

I haven't heard a single word about this game at all.. is that because it stinks (from what we can see), or is that because Splash Damage is still tied to that horrible game - Brink?

So now that I've watched a video.. it looks like TF2 meets Wolf ET. I am not saying that's bad..but the weapons appear to be like every other weapon I've played in every "present day" shooter since.. 1998 or so. It also appears to move too fast for the type of game that it's trying to be. I get it.. this is all speculation based on the videos.. I get it.

But.. Enemy Territory Quake Wars suffered from tactical elements/thoughtful elements and WAY too fast gameplay that made those tactical elements useless. Looking at these videos makes me think of that problem again.. and we all know how ETQW failed
It really seems to be moving too fast for the type of game that it is.. like.. UT speeds in a CS framework.. does that example make sense?

Again.. way too early speculation.. but I wonder if anyone else sees this the way I do from the current material?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer
2. Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 22:58 ColoradoHoudini

Kosumo wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 20:58:
So Ubisoft is pro-piracy now .... Amazed!

*clap........clap......clap......clap...clap..clap..clapclapclapclap LOUD APPLAUSE*

------------
regarding the trailer: the bar fight.. gosh, the AI just waits til it's their turn to get knocked out. Having never played this IP before.. the game isn't this dumb.. is it?
I do plan on getting this for the PS4. As i understand it, for the consoles.. these are pretty solid games.. right?

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2013, 23:07.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
20. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 22:44 ColoradoHoudini

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 22:18:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 22:14:
I detest consoles and console gamers and what consoles have done to my beloved PS gaming world.. and having said that.. I preordered a PS4 Watchdog bundle
.. don't you dare judge me! I see that look.. and you too.. I see you as well. WHO THREW THAT?? honestly.. who throws a shoe?

I owned nothing but a PC since 1997, save for 2 months when I owned the xbox1..but I am jazzed for the PS4 and their library. Please still love me!

You are dead to us.

But seriously, isn't this game also coming out for pc? Or did they drop the PC version?

I also want to play some sports games as well..and there are some other titles that have nabbed my attention.

I hate myself.. no worries.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
16. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 22:14 ColoradoHoudini

I detest consoles and console gamers and what consoles have done to my beloved PS gaming world.. and having said that.. I preordered a PS4 Watchdog bundle
.. don't you dare judge me! I see that look.. and you too.. I see you as well. WHO THREW THAT?? honestly.. who throws a shoe?

I owned nothing but a PC since 1997, save for 2 months when I owned the xbox1..but I am jazzed for the PS4 and their library. Please still love me!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 10:08 ColoradoHoudini

I havent thought about the game: Gauntlet in a long time.. I'd play another one of those types of games again. Is there anything like that for the PC?

Wii U- I had NO idea this was a new console, or that it even came out when it did. It had zero fanfare and from what i understand, never caught on/hasn't caught on in the states?

1350 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo