Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1342 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Section 8 EU Delay
4. Re: Section 8 EU Delay Aug 26, 2009, 20:49 ColoradoHoudini

I have a TON of stuff to say about this game.. in fact, i'm writing a review of the open beta right now.. just waiting to finish it and i'll post it here.

This game could be SO much better.. but fails in a lot of places that will have you pissed at what could have been.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Raven Layoffs [Updated]
9. Re: Raven Layoffs Aug 26, 2009, 20:47 ColoradoHoudini

I always liked the SoF2 MP.. seemed very, very well done. I wish they'd take that team and make a future'ish FPS.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Facts
6. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Facts Aug 25, 2009, 22:32 ColoradoHoudini

Fact:
I like C&C and will like this game.
-shrug-

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release
12. Re: Mass Effect 2 Simultaneous PC/360 Release Aug 24, 2009, 20:00 ColoradoHoudini

I have a feeling i really missed something in not playing Mass Effect and KOTOR..
i fail don't i?

News Comments > WoW Cataclysm Videos
7. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 19:19 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I am interested.. I wonder what Archaeology will entail though? Anyone want to hazard a guess.
Worgen.. for Alliance?? lies!! I want them on Horde.. keep Goblins neutral and give Alliance.. err..err..well, I got nothing.

So now all the old zones will be phased? If i don't have the expansion, and I'm walking around the barrens, and you have the expansion, and you're in the barrens.. i am to assume we will be able to chat in whispers, but not interact or see any sort of public chat?

5 levels eh? so they are finally understanding people just race to teh cap and start gaming from there eh?

News Comments > RAGE "Awesome on Mouse and Keyboard"
18. Re: RAGE Aug 21, 2009, 12:09 ColoradoHoudini

You want pc games to get better. Stop pirating! Enough said. Why would someone work their anus off for a few years to have 50% of the take eaten by pirates. I am sorry guys...the truth is the truth! I Would do consoles as well.

I could pirate 360 games right now... why is pirating of ps3/360 never mentioned?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Trailer, Details
23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2009, 22:29 ColoradoHoudini

No rails?
and you can jump?
and that trailer looked sweet...
i hope they clean up the interface to make it dare i say.. WoW-like.

color me interested.

News Comments > Gold - Aion
17. Re: Gold - Aion Aug 17, 2009, 19:22 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I haven't been paying a lick of attention to this title because I thought it was another generic asian MMO, created by asians..and rather not well-built.
after watching some videos, reading some stuff on it, and checking screenshots..
this game might warrant me testing it out.

News Comments > Section 8 Beta Expands
14. Re: Section 8 Beta Expands Aug 13, 2009, 18:04 ColoradoHoudini

Okay wtf.. i am just now hearing of this game?
anyone have any thoughts on it? I am going to try to jump in the open beta tonight..
looks neato.

thoughts? examples of size/battles compared to other games?

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2009, 18:08.

News Comments > NCsoft Soars
11. Re: NCsoft Soars Aug 12, 2009, 23:02 ColoradoHoudini

okay... not just me then.. good. thought the beer was making me go something something.
*crazy?
don't mind if i do!

News Comments > NCsoft Soars
6. Re: NCsoft Soars Aug 12, 2009, 18:58 ColoradoHoudini

Is it just me or do all NCsoft MMO games (and wasn't NetDevil a spinoff or related to them somehow?) all look the same?
Like the they all use the same pallet, art style, etc...

Auto Assault felt cheap and cheesy like CoX.. like jumpgate evolution sort of looks like.. like Aion does.. like Champions Online does..like Tabula Rasa did (does? still going? haha)

None of the respective MMO's from those two companies look and feel different to me.
anyone else get that feeling?

News Comments > Mechscape Plans
10. Re: Mechscape Plans Aug 9, 2009, 21:23 ColoradoHoudini

Unless this is incorrect.. we needn't worry about this game at all:

http://mechscape.wikia.com/wiki/MechScape

"MechScape is an upcoming browser-based game being developed by Jagex Ltd. Its development started in 2006. "

please tell me i'm reading that wrong and this will actually be a regular mech MMO.

5. Re: Mechscape Plans Aug 9, 2009, 15:28 ColoradoHoudini

This may all be null and void anyhow.. my first post mentioned that this is probably a browser-based game. At least, that's what i found when i did a search for this title.

If that is true.. we can forget this game even exists.

1. Re: Mechscape Plans Aug 9, 2009, 11:43 ColoradoHoudini

I am all for a mech-based MMO. Now, I have no clue how in the world they start you out and you level up.. I mean, looking at other mmo's you start out small, killing lowbie things.. lowbie quests.. but what's a low-end quest for a guy in a 20 story robot?

Perhaps their fresh approach means they aren't going that way?

I'd hazard a guess that the game would be large right off the bat, not much in the way of lowbie stuff. I would love some massive mech battles though.

Is this true "MechScape is an upcoming browser-based game being developed by Jagex Ltd. Its development started in 2006. "
wtf? hell no... if that's true.. hell no.

News Comments > Champions Online Pricing
23. Re: Champions Online Pricing Aug 6, 2009, 01:20 ColoradoHoudini

Bigger question :

Is the game any good at all? will it have lasting power? Will ti give me a reason to login night after night, or more than 3 times a week.. or whatever you consider "often" is?

CoX was as shallow of a game as I have ever played..if C.O is the same.. then no thanks.

News Comments > Huxley Beta Opens
3. Re: Huxley Beta Opens Aug 4, 2009, 19:01 ColoradoHoudini

I'm hearing that this game has microtransactions, has a lobby in which you pair up with people in.. then go into combat.. in your own instanced area - there's no large MMO world (think of the instanced areas of Guild Wars) and the game lacks much of anything other than CoD 4 style stats that makes the game persistent in any sort of way.

Can anyone here with a solid MMO/FPS background gimme the scoop on what this game is really about, I'd appreciate it.

I'm really getting the feeling it's not an MMO in the sense of everything an MMO brings to the table, but a persistent UT type game. If that's the case, it's a shame, I could really use a good MMOFPS.. like Planetside 2.. but way better/deeper.

--I don't have time to download it/play this semi-open beta just yet

News Comments > On Borderlands Graphics
14. Re: On Borderlands Graphics Aug 3, 2009, 21:30 ColoradoHoudini

You fellas do realize that regular/old school blues readers are perhaps the smartest of the gaming community and nothing gets passed us, right?
So while we see right through the fancy talk around, how many dummies out there are pissing on themselves because how neat this game looks? The hype they are throwing out and getting back.. etc.

We're experts (I can safely say, a lot of us are indeed).. but think of the normal gamer, even semi hardcore gamer.. they are years behind us.
We don't get fooled, we know the ins and outs, the developers, their history, their best and worst, we've been there since they started, we're still here when they leave. We have the technical know-how and years of astute experience to dissect every little nuance of every game and person associated with said game.

sweet jesus, we're the god damn gaming paparazzi.

News Comments > Alan Wake PC Petition
31. Re: Alan Wake PC Petition Aug 3, 2009, 20:25 ColoradoHoudini

The anti PC crowd knows that if the PC gaming genre dies, it takes down a significant part of all of the gaming world.. right?

News Comments > Champions Online Pre-purchase Bonuses
5. Re: Champions Online Pre-purchase Bonuse Aug 3, 2009, 20:22 ColoradoHoudini

"donít waste your money or time on this atrocity."

Just going to hazard a guess- it's devoid of content, and the game is mostly centered around creating your character, and there is no grandiose feeling that you're a superhero?
What else am I missing?

From every movie, pic, and interview i come across, this game smells of CoX, part 2.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 3.2 Info Blowout
18. Re: World of Warcraft 3.2 Info Blowout Aug 2, 2009, 11:54 ColoradoHoudini

"With visuals from 1998, and gameplay from Diablo, I'm surprised this piece of shit is able to hold anyone's attention, especially after all these years"

Dunno man..
I play at a very high resolution, all fancy stuff turned way up and the game looks good to me. No slowdown on Sarth +3, Yogg, Hodir with all those snow/ice effects either.

a Flickr link.. won't be full size though

[url=]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2125/3781535978_a6b27dd1d3_b.jpg[/url]
[url=]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/3780721997_42d2eb35c3_b.jpg[/url]

1342 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo