Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1327 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console
20. Re: More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console Mar 6, 2010, 22:33 ColoradoHoudini

I didn't say the computer would go away.. but the companies out there that make their bread and butter on aftermarket parts.
You have to think pretty deep here.. if there's no gaming market driving the need for the latest technology.. that trickle down effect cuts deep.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console
17. Re: More PC BC2 Players Than on Either Console Mar 6, 2010, 21:58 ColoradoHoudini

I've said it before and I'll say it again..
The PC platform cannot die.. imagine how many companies that would affect?
Technologies that would stall?

"Hey great, I have a quad core CPU.. and.. err.. wtf am I doing with it again?"?
"Yay, I got 690 FPS in Word"
"check out my case mod, i can see my generic mobo so clearly now"

The companies out there that could die from a PC gaming freefall ought to be doing whatever they can to jump on board and ensure PC gaming stays alive and well.

News Comments > Speedier BC2 Server Browsing
14. Re: Speedier BC2 Server Browsing Mar 6, 2010, 12:06 ColoradoHoudini

Right this second i am attempting to bring up the server list, but the connection drops.
i log in no problem, logged in last night fine..
right now, nopers, can't. Nothing has changed on my end, no firewall issues, nada.

This browser is god fucking awful...too bad too, the game is pretty damn good.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Brouhaha
7. Re: Star Trek Online Brouhaha Mar 4, 2010, 23:56 ColoradoHoudini

Cryptic makes shallow, boring games..and the two other devs houses associated with them (NC Soft and Netdevil) also produces cheap, cheesy games.
Same lack of longevity, same lack of depth.. same color palette, same everything.. just not top quality/top tier games at all.

STO is another failed MMO. (to me.. and many others)

News Comments > Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer
6. Re: Star Trek Online Borg Raid Details, Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 22:02 ColoradoHoudini

I think the issue most people had with this game, and the issue I had was..
compared to other MMO's out there in terms of things you can compare it to, this game is shallow and boring.. and lacks content. When you see everything you can do in WoW, and see everything you can potentially do.. how big and vast the game is on every level, then games like this fail.

It's almost unfair to new MMO's coming out. If they don't deliver as much content, and do it as cleanly as WoW (the golden child measuring stick for most people) then it's a huge strike against it and it's already starting off on the wrong foot.

Also., this dev house and related devs (Net Devil/Cryptic/NC Soft) are known for putting out shallow games with not much of a long term lasting appeal. So there's that.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 "Quotes" Trailer
9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Feb 25, 2010, 21:58 ColoradoHoudini

I played a ton of the beta.. now, my impressions on this game are bouncing BC2 off of every related shooter going back to.. err.. 1994? I have played every major FPS since then..and played them very well.

My impression:
The hitscan is still not as accurate as I'd like.
The weapons seem underpowered.
The recoil is way too high.

When I aim any rifle/SMG/MG at a player in any game related to this one (as in, not quake run and gun, but a slightly slower, more military feeling game).. i still don't hit nearly as much as I'd think. Also, I don't do nearly enough damage.. and, my iron sights seem to jump all over the screen.

I pretty much stuck with the engineering guns, as they kicked less, and seemed more accurate at any distance compared to any other guns out there.

That to me, still needs to be fixed.

News Comments > No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm
19. Re: No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm Feb 14, 2010, 22:49 ColoradoHoudini

Raids are super easy these days.. scrubs galore are getting in and downing bosses..

News Comments > City of Heroes Graphics Upgrade
21. Re: City of Heroes Graphics Upgrade Feb 11, 2010, 17:55 ColoradoHoudini

Ahh yeas.. ye old character creator.. that's all this game ever really was.
A glorified character creator.. no depth, lackluster content.. blah.

News Comments > On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC
36. Re: On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC Feb 10, 2010, 00:04 ColoradoHoudini

IMHO...
They need to fix the stupid overactive recoil, the inconsistent damage model, the overall weak weapons and the godawful hitscan.

You can't fire more than 2 rounds without the 3rd one going apeshit out to left field.. it's terrible. They are giving you automatic assualt rifles.. and saying.. "2-3" round bursts all the time, every time.
The engineer rifles are far more accurate at a distance than the longer ranged assault rifles.
It's terrible.. and it needs to be fixed.

Up close, you can jsut stab everyone.. dont worry about being shot, they cannot possibly kill you in the time it takes your character to close in 15ft..

Also, I hope someone posts a comprehensive list of what's being fixed for the demo/live game.. because i am not letting my preorder go through if this aiming/damage issue doesnt get properly fixed

News Comments > Champions Online Free DLC & Communication Fixes
4. Re: Champions Online Free DLC & Communication Fixes Feb 9, 2010, 23:17 ColoradoHoudini

I'd reply to your question about free content.. but I'm currently trying to kill Sindragosa on 25 man in ICC...
oh, I guess that was free content eh? I see what you mean!

News Comments > Over a Million League of Legends Downloads
7. Re: Over a Million League of Legends Downloads Feb 4, 2010, 17:28 ColoradoHoudini

Bob Saget!! now after readoing about this game, I want to play it.  

News Comments > THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG
23. 40k Feb 4, 2010, 17:25 ColoradoHoudini

I do hope this game comes out well.. like an updated Planetside, with all the lore, backstory and they get it all right.
This game could be awesome.

News Comments > TimeGate Job Openings
1. Re: TimeGate Job Openings Feb 4, 2010, 17:11 ColoradoHoudini

Aren't these the same guys that made that ABOMINATION of an FPS.. Section8?
Maybe this time around they'll hire guys capable of making an FPS that doesn't hold the hands of the player and have terrible features and lack overall quality.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Feb 2, 2010, 14:07 ColoradoHoudini

and it'll be that Oceanic guild that gets a lot of the world first because.. well, they are on one of the very first servers to come back up.

Also, none of these firsts matter.. until it's hard mode.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Midnight Madness
31. Re: Star Trek Online Midnight Madness Feb 1, 2010, 22:34 ColoradoHoudini

I don't see too many positive previews/reviews out there for this game.. and this dev is known for putting out games that lack depth..nothing good is going to come of this.

Also, and this will make sense to some people out there..
when I look at MMO's, the gold standard for me is WoW, and any other MMO that comes out has to compete with that game for me (and millions of others). WoW has so much depth, so much to do.. it's almost unfair to other MMO's coming out that they have to compete against WoW. I know, there are people out there not interested in WoW and looking for what's next. But if they ever played WoW, and they know all there is out there that could be in an MMO, they will look at a game like STO and say "where's the rest of the content".

I don't know if that makes sense to anyone..

News Comments > Global Agenda Launched
12. Re: Global Agenda Launched Feb 1, 2010, 21:55 ColoradoHoudini

It still bugs me that they list this as an MMO, when the majority of knowledgeable gamers will say that it isn't for a ton of reasons.

Going to need a demo and it's going to have to be damn impressive for me to buy it, but a subscription, no way in hell.

News Comments > BioWare Making Dragon Age II "Visually Super Hot"
19. Re: BioWare Making Dragon Age 2 Jan 30, 2010, 22:01 ColoradoHoudini

I hope they put spinners on it!

Dey spinnin ni**a dey spinnin!!.. dey spinnin ni**a dey spinnin!!!

News Comments > Crytek Making an MMOFPS?
13. Re: Crytek Making an MMOFPS? Jan 30, 2010, 13:07 ColoradoHoudini

We do need a real MMOFPS sometime soon.. Global Agenda is not an MMO..

What do we have then?
Warhammer 40k
and Blizzards MMOFPS (I hope)

There is a huge market out there for it.. someone needs to cash in

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Beta Client Inbound
9. Re: New Bad Company 2 Beta Client Inbound Jan 30, 2010, 13:05 ColoradoHoudini

"You have to keep firing and the weapon kick and effects make it difficult to keep on target."

Very much this.

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround
35. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround Jan 29, 2010, 16:24 ColoradoHoudini

Seems a little choppy an inconsistent to me..
I am putting my crosshairs over a guy, and firing.. and not getting any feedback that i'm hitting him, but he's lighting me up. Also, the crosshairs seems to jump too much for me..
Might take getting used to, but I can say that the "wow" factor of this game isn't there for me. I am not feeling that initial "i have to play" vibe after i log off.

Also, I cannot bind my mousewheel down to go crouch and stay crouch. It binds it crouch.. then i scroll down..i crouch, pop right back up. I dont like that... stay down damn you!

1327 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo