Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1341 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
106. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 22:11 ColoradoHoudini

hmm, look what i found in 3 seconds of searching..

Consoles Red Dead Redemption (2010) 4 hours
(7,411.4MB)

Do they think that there won't be an influx of pirating on the consoles if PC gamers jump ship?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Beta Signups
10. Re: Tactical Intervention Beta Signups May 16, 2010, 21:08 ColoradoHoudini

Wow.. is this a joke? Seriously.. that looks TERRIBLE and nothing like a game made in 2010.. or 2005 for that matter.. and "tactical"? haha..looked like Serious Sam pace with CS weapons.

Wow, just wow

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2010, 14:42 ColoradoHoudini

Blue/et al...

You guys have satellite radio and listen to Mad dog Sports with Chris Russo? I suggest you do if you want unscripted, real and sometimes awkward sports radio (awkward because Russo will sometimes mispronounce someones name for hours..example: Floyd Meriweather)

He knows what he's talking about for certain, and covers everything.. worth listening to.

morning: B-Team on Mad Dog Radio
afternoon: Myers and Hartman on Fox Sports
drive home: Mad Dog Russo

good stuff for sports.

Go Celtics!
(curses out the Bruins)

News Comments > Transformers War for Cybertron Trailer
2. Re: Transformers War for Cybertron Trailer May 10, 2010, 21:11 ColoradoHoudini

Looks pretty cool to me.. although, i'd rather not have all trucks be leaders/all planes be scientists/all cars be scouts (at least, i inferred that from the trailer)

I am hoping this game is awesome, looks good so far.

News Comments > BREACH Website
6. Re: BREACH Website May 6, 2010, 22:16 ColoradoHoudini

Upcoming?
it looks like it's about 5 years old easily.

News Comments > Medal of Honor in October
15. Re: Medal of Honor in October May 5, 2010, 21:21 ColoradoHoudini

I'll be picking this game up.. especially if they don't add a significant amount of content in BC2 to keep me interested in MP. Like.. I dunno.. more maps! Also, why not allow custom maps/content.. geesh.

If MoH has the ability to have mods/custom maps.. i'm in.

Wait, when does Brink come out, I might be playing that if it's any good.

News Comments > PlanetSide Countdown
8. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 2, 2010, 15:10 ColoradoHoudini

Well.. until Blizzard comes out with their MMOFPS.. there is a large market that is untapped.. looking for such a game.
Why there hasn't been an MMOFPS since Planetside I'll never know...

I'd be all in for a Planetside 2.

News Comments > Alganon Officially Launches
6. Re: Alganon Officially Launches Apr 29, 2010, 22:27 ColoradoHoudini

Well, it looks like they stole their artwork straight out of WoW..
so.. if I may twist an old phrase..

"Looks like a WoW clone, no thanks"
it looks exactly like WoW in some screenshots.. fucking amazingly ripped off.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Patched
1. Re: Star Trek Online Patched Apr 29, 2010, 22:25 ColoradoHoudini

Is this the patch that.. oh never mind  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Details [Updated]
13. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Details [Updated] Apr 28, 2010, 19:03 ColoradoHoudini

I have to agree.. GW1 was NOT an MMO. I had a dickens (language, please!) of a time grouping up with friends in the same area.
I also hated how the game was on rails, a pretty background.. walk to it? No, can't.

also, and i will get flamed for this for sure.. but the interface was not as smooth and simple as WoW's. the chat wasn't the crafting wasn't even close..
I really hope that in GW2, they take what really works well in WoW and straight up steal it.

Be gentle!

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Weapon Tweak Details
23. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Weapon Tweak Details Apr 21, 2010, 22:19 ColoradoHoudini

Can't wait to fire up my AN94.. good lord, I was already deadly with that thing.. now they are buffing it?? haha!!
The pp2000 was an unknown wep to a lot of people.. but with a red dot, and magnum ammo.. you were a god. Fat firing, and hardly no recoil.. deadly!
good to see it got nerfed a bit.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Access with Preorders
6. Re: StarCraft II Beta Access with Preorders Apr 21, 2010, 22:15 ColoradoHoudini

I listen to some friends play this game over ventrilo.. and I am WAY out of their league (i suck).. they have exact build orders, counter build orders depending on enemy units, exact locations, upgrades.. and they obsess over their Actions Per Minute.
I hear them play and sometimes the games go 10 minutes.. is that fun?

Man, I like to turtle up.. goof off, make tons of stuff.. i said i sucked!

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday
24. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday Apr 19, 2010, 21:42 ColoradoHoudini

I was one of the lucky few that loaded levels pretty much instantly..and when the game first launched, I just thought people were stuck choosing a kit.. and there I was.. at the MCOm, already defending/attacking.. or capturing a point.. confused.. often times I thought the people left..hah.
It'll be nice to see it evened up a bit.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday
20. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Wednesday Apr 19, 2010, 19:00 ColoradoHoudini

As I posted on VE3D.. I'd like to see a toggle crouch, and the ability to map my ENTER key.. why i cannot do that, is puzzling.
Anyone know if I can remove the default that is ENTER key = loadout screen as well as doing whatever i want that key to do -in my case ENTER = pistol slot (don't ask)

Hey.. where is the official BLUES server? i see Shacknews has one.. I like to go in and talk fun trash when I kill people "A Bluesnewser got ya"..friendly competition.

More Rush maps would be swell as well.

News Comments > Crytek's Demo Doubts
66. Re: Crytek's Demo Doubts Apr 18, 2010, 12:08 ColoradoHoudini

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 17, 2010, 19:17:
Thats pretty much how i see it as well, in the age of walkthroughs on youtube it takes 10 seconds to see how good or bad a game is. Saves you time of downloading and installing a 2gb demo and saves you space to boot.

Heck, you can judge most games by their screenshots and gameplay videos.

You're just the kind of rube that these back alley publishers/devs are banking on.
---------
Anyone remember the "CS killer" called: Devastation?
Hahaha... good lord man. Tons of hype, and in no way did that game deliver.. the demo was horrid, but had you been one of the sheep that only read previews and looked at screenshots, you would've been all in.
------------
for me:
no demo = I "sample" the game elsewhere first..then make a buying decision.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Apr 17, 2010, 11:26 ColoradoHoudini

Okay.. maybe I should reword that..

I need a lot more content in my next MMO than pretty much ever other top-tier MMO since WoW has launched with. I need to know that at the highest level, there is a game left to be played.. and a lot of it.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Apr 16, 2010, 17:53 ColoradoHoudini

"From my estimation the community wants WoW + KOTOR, anything less will be a disappointment to most. "

That's exactly what I want. I want the large, expansive world that WoW brings me.. tons of content, lots of depth.. a lot of game in general. I want it to be as smooth as WoW is..I want the same comforts and convenience.

It's unfair how much of a game I want from KOTOR, it really is, and I understand this. However I look at the most-known MMO's that have come out since WoW and think "you knew your competition was WoW.. and you came out with 1/5th the game and you're wondering why your game tanked"? -stares at Champions Online/STO et al...
I understand different settings within the MMO's, and different audiences.. but when someone who's never played WoW looks at everything it has to offer, just to contrast and compare with other MMO's.. they have to feel slighted.

So in closing (wow that really escalated).. I do expect KOTOR to be as big and offer as much as WoW currently does.

News Comments > Global Agenda Free Trial on Steam
4. Re: Global Agenda Free Trial on Steam Apr 14, 2010, 22:52 ColoradoHoudini

LittleMe wrote on Apr 14, 2010, 22:15:
Out Of Eight did a good review of this game. Read that.

Yeah.. thanks.. read it. skipping this one. I haven't heard too much good about it.

News Comments > More Infinity Ward Departures
33. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 14, 2010, 21:33 ColoradoHoudini

I didn't buy this, but I did buy BFBC2
Exactly, same for me and most of the people I game with.

6 of my WoW guildmates didn't buy MW2 because of the cost, the lower amount of content, and especially.. the lack of dedicated servers.
We all have however purchased BC2.. and we have a handful of servers we love playing on.. well administered, good group of regulars.
---------
I too find it humorous that people are jumping ship.. good. It's just too bad Activision made as much money as they did.. would've been great if the team left mid MW2

News Comments > Global Agenda Free Trial on Steam
1. Re: Global Agenda Free Trial on Steam Apr 14, 2010, 21:30 ColoradoHoudini

Correct me if i'm handsome.. but I heard that in order to be competitive in PvP.. you really need to level up to the top first.. however, the best way to level is through PvE.
So if you're a fan of PvP (and in this case, it's an FPS, so I will assume you are).. you're kinds stuck like chuck.

Anyone care to give some opinions on this game? compared to.. pros/cons..

1341 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo