Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1327 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Champions Online Free Week
1. Re: Champions Online Free Week Sep 2, 2010, 00:20 ColoradoHoudini

"..a first anniversary event in honor.."
I'm reading that as "hey, please.. someone.. anyone.. come play our failure of a game!!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Online Interview
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Online Interview Aug 27, 2010, 19:49 ColoradoHoudini

It's sci fi..it has guns, so it has to support the gun aiming model- or something like that.. okay.. good to hear!  

News Comments > Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie
6. Re: Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie Aug 26, 2010, 21:43 ColoradoHoudini

Edward Norton as Gordon... book it. done.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Demo
13. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 21:51 ColoradoHoudini

I'm going to do something wildly strange here and ask..
How's the demo?

News Comments > Neverwinter Announced
14. Re: Neverwinter Announced Aug 23, 2010, 14:32 ColoradoHoudini

Verno:
I don't know if I HATE Cryptic, but I dislike them strongly for taking potentially great IP's and turning them into hot garbage. I'm looking for a new MMO, and they deliver poop sandwiches. They have the money, the people to make a decent MMO.. but nope. Cookie cutter, shallow, bland and boring.
It bugs me because I know they could make a way better game

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Trailer
6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2010, 13:12 ColoradoHoudini

-pushes chips-
I'm all in

News Comments > On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy
16. Re: On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy Aug 23, 2010, 13:03 ColoradoHoudini

PHJF wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 12:50:
One of these "modern warfare" games should include a stealth stage wherein the player, a suicide bomber, has to sneak around and ultimately explode at a target. That would make a stink to end all stinks.

Oh yes it would.. good idea though!
--------
Oh, and more importantly, I don't know one person who appears to be excited about this title. There's nothing about it that appears interesting -shrug-

News Comments > Neverwinter Announced
8. Re: Neverwinter Announced Aug 23, 2010, 12:58 ColoradoHoudini

Alamar:
We don't like Cryptic.. they produce shallow, boring games and ruin IP's. Here are some related comments I made on another site:

Okay sure, STO and CO made initial money.. however, I'd love to see a chart showing Cryptics game launches and the incline/decline of sales over the years and if possible, customer confidence shown as well.
I think that PC gamers are much more involved and informed then console gamers and word spreads quick in our realm. Cyptic's terrible reputation arrives before you want them to, and smells of incompetence and bottom shelf liquor.
I wonder how many Neverwinter fans might've experience the suck that was CO/STO and are reading forums like this one thinking "as i suspected, I got duped into a title earlier, and here are some informed gamers saying that this dev house cranks out garbage content..no thanks, I'll pass".

Eventually their rep has to catch up to them, right?

News Comments > Black Prophecy Trailer
1. Re: Black Prophecy Trailer Aug 19, 2010, 01:21 ColoradoHoudini

Mr. Blue:
"Continue here to read the full story. "
..and that link goes to the embedded video and nothing further, is that supposed to be that way? I was thinking there'd be more to read?
------------
Anyhow, so far, I am very interested in this title. It seems to have the initial elements that add depth to a game, and I need that in my MMO's. It doesn't hurt that this game is beautiful. I wonder if the chaips weight/cargo plays into how it flies..anyone know?

News Comments > Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released
7. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 19, 2010, 01:17 ColoradoHoudini

Mcboinkens

Whatever, BFBC2 lost my interest right after it came out when I realized you were forced to be either a sniper, or an assault C4 class that could singlehandedly take out every objective.

On a similar note, Medal of Honor looks like a huge joke as well. It looks the EXACT same as BFBC2....but on smaller maps. Isn't bigger maps one of their selling points? That game went from a release-buy to bargain-bin-buy in about a week.

I was hardcore into BC2.. I was way into it, and then I, like so many others said "well, i need more", and i got nothing, nobody did. That game got stale very quick. Also, i see NOTHING in MoH that makes me want to play it, if you told me it was a BC2 mod, I'd believe you. it looks/feels/looks like it plays exactly like BC2 and a bit of MW2. What's my incentive to buying a 3rd game so closely related to 2 titles i probably already own?

This is head shakingly dumb. I am waiting for some developer to pick up the Tribes/XMP franchise and create a kickass, modabble game and pull the whole FPS community away.
(a boy can dream)

Maybe Brink will be damn good, but outside of Brink, what else is on the immediate radar?

News Comments > Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released
1. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 18, 2010, 22:21 ColoradoHoudini

-reads through the article-
No new maps eh?
This is one of the reasons why TF2 moves along fine (maps galore, real custom servers, tons of updates) and a game like BC2 just sits there, idle in the water. Why the fruit (harsh language!) haven't the devs allowed us to mod this game how we see fit?
They aren't charging for these terrible packs, so what's the reason they aren't allowing us to mod this game?

I could understand if they were coming out quarterly with 12 new maps/new game modes/new vehicles/etc.. and then charging 10 bucks a pop.. but they aren't doing that.. so what the hell is the deal here?

News Comments > Warhammer Online Patched
6. Re: Warhammer Online Patched Aug 18, 2010, 19:24 ColoradoHoudini

Snabel... 1 post.
Forgive us if we are very cynical of your post/presence.

Want to tell us what we're missing out on these days? I left after about 4 months, the game just felt "off".

News Comments > Bill Roper Leaves Cryptic
3. Re: Bill Roper Leaves Cryptic Aug 16, 2010, 22:25 ColoradoHoudini

So.. Champions Online.. failure or marginal victory or what?
Everything I have read/seen on it says it failed, and his name was attached to it.. so....

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2010, 22:15 ColoradoHoudini

kxmode: I said since day 1 on hearing the news of a new ip that Blizzard would go the MMOFPS route. Now the setting I am unsure of, but I can totally see it. There isn't one out there right now, it's a barren market, and they could easily grab it and hold it indefinitely.

If not that...then, a Cyberpunk'ish theme..which also doesnt exist.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K Space Marine Using Steamworks, Not GFWL
13. Re: Warhammer 40K Space Marine Using Steamworks, Not GFWL Aug 14, 2010, 11:54 ColoradoHoudini

GFWL is one of the many reasons that the FPS Section 8 failed (the game was also a steaming pile of suck). The lack of server control/modding/proper administrative control/update issues is something I witnessed first hand and thought "why in the hell would a dev use this terrible tech"..
Good to see that the fellas at THQ learned a lesson.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Revealed
20. Re: BioShock: Infinite Revealed Aug 12, 2010, 15:52 ColoradoHoudini

heh.. i just realized I totally missed Bioshock 2.

News Comments > BRINK Video Diary
3. Re: BRINK Video Diary Aug 10, 2010, 21:41 ColoradoHoudini

I really, REALLY hope they allow the community to mod this game and make some maps for it as well.
That is really killing me currently with BC2.. the game is stale and has been for a few months now.

Please let Brink deliver a solid game!

News Comments > Alganon Going Free
3. Re: Alganon  Going Free Aug 10, 2010, 21:35 ColoradoHoudini

This game failed right? Or do I need to even ask?  

News Comments > Blizzard's PC Stance
6. Re: Blizzard's PC Stance Aug 10, 2010, 21:34 ColoradoHoudini

I'd like to see someone tackle another issue on the fate of PC gaming- which is.. all the affected companies in the PC-gaming world. I have yet to read one article (hey internet journalists..pay attention) on the trickle down effect of what happens when there is a significantly smaller PC gaming footprint.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Revealed
13. Re: EverQuest Next Revealed Aug 8, 2010, 17:04 ColoradoHoudini

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 8, 2010, 09:07:
...He even makes Kotik look good.

Sweet christ!

1327 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo