Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1327 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 15, 2010, 01:26 ColoradoHoudini

I have zero games that I want to play right now.. and while I'm a huge FPS fan.. I cannot bring myself to buying Black Ops. I keep reading teh forums, and talking to trusted friends and all I see is negative stuff or "MP is okay, not great by any stretch".
I refuse to spend 60 clams on a "somewhat decent" game.. and I hear it being called.

One friend even said that BC2 was better still.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Transformers Sequel and MMOG Plans
5. Re: Transformers Sequel and MMOG Plans Nov 15, 2010, 01:22 ColoradoHoudini

I'd be interested in a mech MMO.. but since I don't know of one coming out.. maybe I'll be interested in a Transformers MMO. -shrug-  

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Map Plans
13. Re: New Bad Company 2 Map Plans Nov 8, 2010, 12:11 ColoradoHoudini

I'm sure if it's free, I'll grab it.
However, I am just gonna hope that Black Ops is my next FPS until Brink

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer
21. Re: Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer Nov 7, 2010, 20:13 ColoradoHoudini

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 7, 2010, 17:11:
So i finally picked up BF2142 for 12.00 new from gogamer.

It supports 64 players.

Had a blast last night.

If Black Ops doesn't deliver.. I might pick up 2142

News Comments > The Old Republic Delay?
21. Re: The Old Republic Delay? Nov 6, 2010, 22:08 ColoradoHoudini

I started to make a post about how it'd be awesome to be on the Imperial ship.. pull my own fighter/bomber/transport out of the bay and take off to attack.. or be on the ground and fire back with the cannons..maybe take one of the few ships from the base and go meet the incoming attackers..
However, I don't see that happening, which is sad. I would've thought by 2011 we'd have that sort of expansive gaming experience. Are we wrong for wanting that and assuming they could deliver that experience?

18. Re: The Old Republic Delay? Nov 6, 2010, 20:40 ColoradoHoudini

TheDrifter73 -

I wasn't asking to one shot things, I was asking how come they don't. I was asking that from a purists SW position (for them). If I were a huge SW fan and never played any SW games til this one.. I might say "wtf, a light saber cuts anything and kills in one shot, this is BS"..I prefer it not to, was wondering how they handled that aspect.
-------------------
Flatline -
thanks.
--------------------

Jedi Wizard ..........HAHAHAHAHAH WTF?
Why not just have "bang bangs" "pew pews" "Weeee rides" and "boogiemen"

Come on Guild Wars 2/Tera/Rift

10. Re: The Old Republic Delay? Nov 6, 2010, 16:17 ColoradoHoudini

Why would anyone play a massive MP game and expect it to support a SP game style?
I sure as hell wouldn't.

Also, I loved WoW for years, and as much as I know about SW so far, I have zero desire to play it.

3. Re: The Old Republic Delay? Nov 6, 2010, 15:01 ColoradoHoudini

I'm sure this is common knowledge amongst SW games fans.. but since I don't know.
How do they explain light saber fights and not "1-shotting" everyone?

Wow those animations look horrible...is that SW Battlefront?

?

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
49. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 21:22 ColoradoHoudini

slightly related: Whatever the next gen consoles are.. they need to be robust enough to support 256 players..and huge expansive environments in cutting edge games.

Continually seeing 32 players as the normal for cross-platform (I know this isnt one) games is fucking outright annoying. I wish I had all the devs from the FPS world that are doing this bullshit right in front of me so I could change their minds with a tire iron. "thanks for getting us rich and our name in lights PC world, now fuck you guys!"

Surely there's a PC FPS dev out there that still cares and makes good games.. right?

News Comments > Quote of the Day
1. Re: Quote of the Day Nov 5, 2010, 11:30 ColoradoHoudini

I'm sure there are still legions of fans that will buy this game, however.. the overall sentiment I am seeing on various game sites and in talking with friends is.. "meh... pass"

Of course, that's only based on what we know thus far.

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Announced
3. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Announced Nov 5, 2010, 11:26 ColoradoHoudini

So this is a free to own game, with microtransactions.. is that what I'm seeing here?Also, it's going to disrupt the console market? Yeah, a fucking shiny fishing lure could disrupt the console market.

So I get it.. milk the franchise over a period of time, instead of buying the game once and that being it.

I am hurt and disgusted.
/not a console owner

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
15. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 2, 2010, 22:13 ColoradoHoudini

Well even if none of you are, I am interested. I will be less interested if it's not due for another 1.5 years though.
Tell me you have a new IP, a new game.. and then say "it's coming out in 3 months."

I have learned to not participate in forums for newly announced games (Section 8 and Firefall have some of the fucking stupidest god damn moronic, unknowing, idiotic posters I have ever seen in my decade+ of FPS gaming. I'm talking apocalyptical levels of what the fuck from people I am amazed can operate a computer)

So yeah, tell us about a new IP, and then say "3 months." Thanks.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer
13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Launch Trailer Nov 1, 2010, 22:12 ColoradoHoudini

I might have to play the SP in this game.. which isn't typical for me at all.
I am more interested in the MP aspect of this game. I want to know it's solid, teh speed it right, the gameplay matches the features and maps..and everything has a good flow to it.

News Comments > The Old Republic Imperial Agent Details
8. Re: The Old Republic Imperial Agent Details Oct 30, 2010, 20:36 ColoradoHoudini

The animations still look wonky, and the game looks like Tabula Rasa in space to me. I really hope there is a ton of depth and exploration to this game.. I will say though, that space on rails is probably going to kill this game for me.
I had a vision in my head that I'd get to fly planet to planet.. missions between, jut take off and fly around the universe, land where i want.. fight in space if there is something out there. I had a much larger view of the space portion of this game and the rails part took me right the hell out.
Couple that with the sticky animations and rather "Cryptic-inspired" color pallet and I'm iffy at best with this title.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming
4. Re: Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming Oct 29, 2010, 11:54 ColoradoHoudini

Cryptic is a pile of hilarity.  

News Comments > Tribes Universe Testing Signups
29. Re: Tribes Universe Testing Signups Oct 28, 2010, 22:30 ColoradoHoudini

kxmode wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 14:34:
Tribes introduced me to the concept of tower defense before I even knew it was called that. Imagine this: I spawn. I run over the kiosk. I immediately picked heavy armor and ammo station. I go up to the base's roof and find a nice spot. I place my ammo station out of sight, generally inside the base's corridor (easy to get to, but hard to destroy). I then switch over to mortar shells and go ape crazy lobbing them all over the place. In a typical match I was able to kill an average of 15 enemy players using this.

I got really good at arcing mortars over to snipers. Sniper vs Mortar... mortar wins every time!

i fucking LOVED playing topside defense on a few of those maps. Mines, a camera, turret, inventory station.. and my mortars.. playing a long-standing cat and mouse game with attackers trying to take out our gens so our turrets wouldnt kill the incoming lights... a perfect ba;ance of offense and defense.. perfect teamplay and somehow.. some fucking how.. everyone in that damn game did their job and tried their best to play right. It was so beautiful to see.

News Comments > New Unreal Development Kit
1. Re: New Unreal Development Kit Oct 28, 2010, 01:11 ColoradoHoudini

Somebody make an XMP 2 !

News Comments > TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced
34. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 23:11 ColoradoHoudini

Linksil:
See the thread in the main post body.. look for a guy that lists out a number of issues with the game. Also, just read that thread. I'll throw this in..
I found the hitscan to be so juvenile that I couldn't ever miss. Plus, the mixture of melee + shooting doesnt work right.

28. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 20:11 ColoradoHoudini

Hump wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 18:40:
I hope TribalWar.com stays far far away from these guys. That site has been the single biggest threat to the demise of the franchise.

What's wrong with Tribalwar? I seriously don't know.

17. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 16:59 ColoradoHoudini

I'd like to see XMP get another look.. that game was very, very good.. but on a pig of an engine for that time.

If Hi Rez looks at Eve and says "okay, we can make it deep, tough to master and still make a very successful game" copies their philosophy, then I'll be happy.

1327 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo