Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1327 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Third Section 8 Game Plans
7. Re: Third Section 8 Game Plans Jan 24, 2011, 22:26 ColoradoHoudini

The S8:Prejudice beta was rather.. bland..boring. Again with more capture/recapture nonsense.. bland and boring "capture stations".. I refuse to call those bases. More spread out action all over the map and no real choke points or high action spots of conflict (except the NON FREAKING STOP) DCM's.. which kick off way too often and feel very watered down.

The game (as I last played it) felt like it was made for ADD children that just ran from shiny object to the next shiny object.. shame too, the game (on paper) has promise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed
15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 12:33 ColoradoHoudini

Alamar wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 01:30:
Looking forward to the official page on the matter...

Nonetheless... GW2 is pretty far off, and while I'm looking forward to it, I'm not obsessing... Yay me ; )

On a slightly related, maybe, note, If you haven't tried Rift yet, and still need a key... Try http://www.curse.com/keys/ to get a key... Need a curse acct, but since, if you want to try Rift, you likely already have one for WoW/WAR addons, that shouldn't be an issue... And a Trion acct for the game (shocker)...

Anyhow... Cya in game on Tuesday : )

Looking to try a mage myself... Warlock primarily, Chloromancer to try out the healing mage... : )

oh and rift.zam.com has a 'soul builder' for those that like to see the 'talent tree's beforehand... Just be warned... There's a lot of variety up in there.

-Alamar

I'll be playing Rift.. yes sir I will be

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jan 17, 2011, 21:29 ColoradoHoudini

disclaimer:
I have yet to play Rift, and I am not a spokesperson..

Having said that..the invasions, the guild rifts, the PvP Rift battles, the raid rifts-whatever you want to call them.. sound awesome. Making people fight in order to get control back of areas from the NPC's.. in order to get quests/play there.. awesome. The seemingly unlimited amount of class options.. fantastic. Seeing new mobs, new fights, new areas.. I'd like that.
I like how they took the things I like about other MMO's and incorporated them.. and from what I have seen so far, did it better.

I'd like to keep playing WoW.. but starting new (I have an 85 shaman.. but I'm bored and don't raid any more.. and PvP in WoW is garbage) and seeing the same stuff/areas again.. and being SO far behind the curve in the game, and playing in empty zones.. no thanks.

So for me.. trying out Rift makes sense.

News Comments > PlanetSide Next Nears
14. Re: PlanetSide Next Nears Jan 17, 2011, 16:55 ColoradoHoudini

that Orion game came out of nowhere..  

News Comments > PlanetSide Next Nears
2. Re: PlanetSide Next Nears Jan 17, 2011, 11:07 ColoradoHoudini

I hope they pull it off right..
The market needs a larger-scaled FPS. there's Firefall.. but too many idiot jackass carebear, FPS-stupid dumbasses are looking to RPG or do PvE only/mainly content in a larger FPS.
Also, until i know otherwise, Firefall is one-faction with instanced PvP.. in a game lore that doesn't support that theory, and that idea is fucking awful anyhow. Scare resources you say.. let's be one faction and fight in an arena! lol. (god I hope that changes)

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
44. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 15, 2011, 11:47 ColoradoHoudini

Icewind wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 09:54:
GeneralAdmission wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 05:22:
Mark Rein:
"But I think thatís a myth that weíve abandoned the PC, itís just not true. I mean, Bulletstorm is coming out on three platforms;"

"And honestly I think Bulletstorm and UDK are firmly establishing us in the PC realm as still the big player there."

RPS source

Rein chuckled at Indie devs at a meeting last year because he found their love for their fans to be naive. The guy is a total douchebag.

No one at Epic is a PC Gamer. They are all console casual kiddies. I hope they come here and read this, because I'd love to invite them over and tell it to their casual*** faces. They are babies, plain and simple.

Real men don't play with joysticks, only ***s and women do.

I love you!
Exactly my thoughts.. fuck the consoles, fuck their audience and assrape the god damn devs that rode the PC gamer into the console world and never looked back at who got them there.

News Comments > The Old Republic Q&A and Ship Creation
4. Re: The Old Republic Q&A and Ship Creation Jan 15, 2011, 11:40 ColoradoHoudini

I am currently having this discussion with some gaming nerd friends right now - "animations, graphics.. have they cleaned them up?" I am being told yes.. they have, but nobody can point me in the direction of any new media.. can anyone here?

I REALLY want to like this game, but as of yet, I still see no reason to play it.. it just looks horrible (from the last movies I saw)..

anyone?

News Comments > RIFT Beta Resumes This Week
9. Re: RIFT Beta Resumes This Week Jan 3, 2011, 22:28 ColoradoHoudini

I have been watching Rift for a while and it does look good. I thought I got a beta invite recently, but that might've been for Tera.. blah.
-goes to look-
Oh fuck me.. it was for Rift.. but I was away for the holidays.. blah.

Maybe the next one.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Changes and Plans
4. Re: World of Warcraft Changes and Plans Dec 28, 2010, 15:33 ColoradoHoudini

I really wish they'd completely separate PvP and PvE somehow.. some way.
PvP ALWAYS seems to ruin it for PvE stuff.. ugh.
On a lighter note, I am not raiding any longer as of Cata, and I find myself both happy, and bored.

Now to take up Arch! ..haha

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Trial
9. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Trial Dec 17, 2010, 12:55 ColoradoHoudini

Don't get it.. you'll get sucked right back in. There is so much new content you'll get drawn back in.  

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
20. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 12:33 ColoradoHoudini

I didn't want to buy it.. but I did
I refuse to raid again though (revisit this comment in another 4 weeks)

I really enjoy it thus far.. it's like a whole new game, I can spend hours just looking at new areas.. very nice.

News Comments > OnLive Reviewed
55. Re: OnLive Reviewed Nov 23, 2010, 00:39 ColoradoHoudini

I'm just spitballing here, but by the time most houses that want this service will have the ability to play, latency-free, and the game library is solid and they can deliver a smooth gaming experience.. won't most gaming households have some Xbox 1080 multifunction super gaming/media player/tv tuner/PC/whatever else machine? seems that's the way we're going here.

I can totally see tis box sitting in the corner, delivering lower-resolution games while the PS6/1080 do everything this device does and 3-5 other functions people find useful.

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
12. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 22, 2010, 00:08 ColoradoHoudini

Every time I think about buying Black ops.. I read their forums and hold off.
Still the warping issue, and people are saying that the maps are too damn small. I suppose I'll just wait for Brink.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2010, 10:48 ColoradoHoudini

I had post buildup on my battery recently.. did the old coke trick. I cut the bottom off of a gatorade bottle, poured coke in there, set the terminal in the coke puddle for 15 minutes. Clean as a whistle!  

News Comments > Project Blackout Announced
8. Re: Ugh Nov 21, 2010, 10:46 ColoradoHoudini

Was that game made in 1998 and just getting released now? Good lord that looks ugly. Also, that weapon outro..garbage.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Free Trial Extended Nov 18, 2010, 23:09 ColoradoHoudini

Gonna email Blue in a sec.. but Black Prophecy is giving away beta keys...
http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-black-prophecy-closed-beta-giveaway-101.html

News Comments > Homefront in March
1. Re: Homefront in March Nov 17, 2010, 22:29 ColoradoHoudini

I really could use a new FPS.. I am staying clear away from Black Ops for now.. until I see a lot more positives out of the fanbase there. The fact that this is a cross-platform game.. scares me.. naturally.

I actually gave thought to picking up BF 2142 again.

News Comments > APB to Return Next Year
23. Re: APB to Return Next Year Nov 16, 2010, 21:45 ColoradoHoudini

I'll never understand the persistent, massive world.. and then instanced combat. instanced combat in a PvP game is a terrible mechanic and really takes away from the gameplay of an FPS.

News Comments > Transformers Sequel and MMOG Plans
11. Re: Transformers Sequel and MMOG Plans Nov 15, 2010, 20:36 ColoradoHoudini

Where the hell did this game come from??????
reminds me of that space game that I've seen one person here mention (it's being done by one guy as a homemamde project.. it's an MMO that looks amazing.. but it's unknown mostly)...

This mech game looks sweet.. Blue.. you know about this?

News Comments > Transformers Sequel and MMOG Plans
10. Re: Transformers Sequel and MMOG Plans Nov 15, 2010, 20:16 ColoradoHoudini

LOC wrote on Nov 15, 2010, 02:48:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 15, 2010, 01:22:
I'd be interested in a mech MMO.. but since I don't know of one coming out.. maybe I'll be interested in a Transformers MMO. -shrug-

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/

Well then...
-goes to read up on this title

1327 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo