Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1359 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
41. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 28, 2011, 23:31 ColoradoHoudini

after reading the preview/watching the video
WTF is that bullshit??

Dear jeebus, please get some real old school Tribes people in their dev house to make this game the right way.

Failing that..
would someone please pick up the Unreal:XMP license and remake that game..just update the graphics.. and make it run smoother.. thanks!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brink Patched
6. Re: Brink Patched Jun 23, 2011, 19:01 ColoradoHoudini

So... Quake Wars and now Brink, two duds, and the second dud worst than the first.
In my line of work, we have what's called "Lessons Learned".. have these devs learned their lesson now?

How do you go from one of the best FPS's of all time, in Wolf:ET (I put it up there with Tribes, 3Wave Q1, CS, BF2 for being that good, and that solid) to .. 2 lame ducks back to back?

Sigh..I hope they can fix their mistakes and learn. Failing that, maybe they'll just make another failure of a shooter and this time, sell it to the console idiots.. they'll buy anything.

News Comments > EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked
10. Re: EVE Online, League of Legends, and More Hacked Jun 14, 2011, 22:12 ColoradoHoudini

as an Information Assurance Engineer.. sadly, this pleases me.
Means more companies will take into consideration good security.. you'd be amazed at how many don't.

..and we command a nice salary too

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Thunder Run Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 16:21 ColoradoHoudini

I'll be putting together a new rig just for this game.. yep
god that looks good!

News Comments > RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million
25. Re: RIFT Sells Nearly 1 Million Jun 8, 2011, 16:15 ColoradoHoudini

I'd still be playing a ton of Rift had it not been for our guild merging with another guild, in what was a hostile takeover really. Then the ensuing issues that followed afterward.

It's really a well-done game across the board.. good amount of content.. fun boss fights and events..i like it.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed
16. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed May 28, 2011, 12:26 ColoradoHoudini

Remember when the community made maps and those maps were so damn good that they became standard maps on most servers?
You could even go out and get the highest rated maps via a map pack from a site.

I want those days again

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice Map Pack Next Week
4. Re: Section 8: Prejudice Map Pack Next Week May 28, 2011, 12:22 ColoradoHoudini

This title has the absolute dumbest/most ignorant/god awfully stupid fanboys I have ever seen in all my years of gaming.
S8P could be so much better.. but the devs listen to the handful of idiots on their forums and made the same damn "ADD" type FPS as the original.

Oh well.

News Comments > Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots
7. Re: Torchlight II Q&A, Screenshots May 23, 2011, 23:32 ColoradoHoudini

I will be balls deep in this game.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight
15. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 23, 2011, 23:15 ColoradoHoudini

I figure this is as good a place as any to ask..

Anyone know of a more future'ish FPS coming out some time soon? Something along the lines of the weapons/tech found in Unreal. I've been sick of the typical current gen gun games for a while now.

I already know of Firefall..what else?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2011, 22:37 ColoradoHoudini

..and who says that Bluesnews patrons are nothing but jaded, bitter video game jerks..PFFT!

Tune in next weekend, when I discuss my raised vegetable garden, and all my flower/vegetable yard work in general. I may even post pics.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2011, 16:55 ColoradoHoudini

Can we get some pics of this birdfeeder in action?

I'll take "phrases I'd never thought I'd say on the internet for $800, Alex"
I'm 36 and the prospect of seeing this bird feeder excites me.. wow, I am a sad man.

News Comments > Brink Patch Next Week
17. Re: Brink Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 22:37 ColoradoHoudini

At this point.. I am waiting for a demo that won't ever come huh?

News Comments > Bungie MMO Destiny Rumors Return
1. Re: Bungie MMO Destiny Rumors Return May 19, 2011, 23:11 ColoradoHoudini

I'm sort of amazed no Triple-A "true" MMOFPS has come out since Planetside back in.. err.. 2003?
Seems like a perfect genre to capture -shrug-
I'd give this game a shot if it had absolutely NO ties to any sort of console at all.

News Comments > Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned
11. Re: Brink Patched, Free DLC Planned May 14, 2011, 00:44 ColoradoHoudini

Totally not buying this game.. nothing I've read about it is good.. shame too.

News Comments > Brink Patch Plans
22. Re: Brink Patch Plans May 12, 2011, 23:32 ColoradoHoudini

Thinking of picking this one up..I thought Wolf:ET had a LOT of potential.. but could be best defined as an inch deep, but a mile wide... was a bit too "fast" and twitchy for the features the game had.

Gonna go find me some reviews.

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
12. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 00:06 ColoradoHoudini

I stopped playing WoW before the last content patch right before Cata (i think they added another dragon boss)...yet I'm guessing that my Resto Shaman could find the exact perfect spec to heal with and the best dps spec.. and it's cookie cutter.

Having said that..
in Rift, my Mage has (off the top of my head) a few damn identical DPS builds.. Necro/Lock, SC/Elem, Pyro/Elem, Lock/Elem..and we're talking small dps changes either way, and being situationally better with each spec.. that's the kind of freedom I really enjoy in my RPG-type games (MMO's being #1). I did not have that sort of freedom from Molten Core (first raid) til I quit raiding (end of Wrath..after we beat the LK)..2004 til, last year? Never again.

Plus.. PvE ruining PvP.. starting to see some of that in Rift too, but at least Rift has separate PvP trees to help combat that issue

News Comments > More on The Old Republic's Advanced Classes
6. Re: More on The Old Republic's Advanced Classes Apr 10, 2011, 19:42 ColoradoHoudini

I believe I watched the same "boss fight" video as others did.. and sweet god that looked static, boring, and slow. Just stand still.. shoot.. shoot. Hell, even the regular PvP combat looks that terrible. Slow and static.. not into this at all.. hopefully we see something good here in the future.  

News Comments > RIFT Event Extended
4. Re: RIFT Event Extended Apr 10, 2011, 19:40 ColoradoHoudini

Still having a great time in this game.. currently the guild is only on the 2nd boss of Greenscale, but it's still fun for us. Lots of expert rifts and raid rifts too.

Good to see them making certain that this event goes off smoothly.

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice BTS Trailer
2. Re: Section 8: Prejudice BTS Trailer Mar 21, 2011, 20:59 ColoradoHoudini

I said this on VE3D today, and I've been saying ever since I got in the beta a few months back. It's a chaotic mess that tries to do too much at once and as a result of that, the action turns into a series of small battles fought for mostly useless bases (more like gas stations to me), and slightly larger battles at the DCM's.. which kick off all too often.

S8P is as if someone asked a kid what he wanted in an FPS, and then the kid said "everything, at once, and don't make me have to execute with any thought".

In beta, with people that supposedly knew what they were doing, the action was still far too spread out, the map becomes a round of "cap base, lose base, don't bother to defend these useless bases anyhow, another DCM kicked off, and another, and yet another"..
There really aren't any tactics involved, your deployables die way too easily, and it plays out as a race to get the vehicles and then go mow down the idiots that are walking.

Is it worth 15 clams? Meh.. i'd pay $9.99 if I knew they opened it up for modding and there was a very active mod community.

Oh, and the fanboys at S8 are some of the most game-stupid people I have ever run across. Pardon me for saying this.. but it's like they game forum access to every 14yr old console asshole kid.. and then, listened to them as far as building an FPS.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Announced
39. Re: Tribes: Ascend Announced Mar 11, 2011, 22:15 ColoradoHoudini

If I remember correctly, and I do.. Unreal XMP used the Unreal engine.. it was a Tribes-like game, in fact.. that game was flat out awesome.. the one huge drawback was that the engine was a pig when it came to big outdoor areas.
With that in mind.. I am leery of a larger-scaled Tribes game using any of their engines.

Sure, things could've changed since then.. but I am wearing my "skeptical pants".

1359 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo