Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1342 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Announced
33. Re: Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Announced Aug 27, 2011, 11:22 ColoradoHoudini

Mcboinkens wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 23:43:
http://i.imgur.com/wTTck.png

Sums it up quite nicely.
HAHA awesome!
-------------------------

Also, a $2800.00 laptop doesn't help anything in the PC world. It just gives the console crowd a chance to say "see, look at how expensive PC gaming is"..fence sitters get to see a ridiculously high cost as well, maybe turning them off to PC gaming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
11. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:46 ColoradoHoudini

How much did Razer already say previously about their new BF3 product line? Ya think this announcement ties into that in any way?

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
5. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:29 ColoradoHoudini

I rather enjoy my Razer mouse .. stop badmouthing it!
When I was playing Rift hardcore, my Mage had 9 side buttons mapped that I used often.. that was worth it to me.

I wonder what this announcement will be.. hmm.

Watch, they got into building their own gaming rigs...and like everyone else that builds gaming rigs, they will be overpriced

News Comments > RIFT Semi-Anniversary Celebration Includes Free Play
3. Re: RIFT Semi-Anniversary Celebration Includes Free Play Aug 18, 2011, 00:19 ColoradoHoudini

GW2 will be old the moment it comes out..
it's all about Wildstar now!

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/media/

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
48. Re: EA: PC Aug 14, 2011, 18:57 ColoradoHoudini

If us smarter PC people could just influence/correct/educate the console kids and their parents about gaming.. we'd be better off. no more insta-buying every new shiny box just because it's on the shelf..and thus inflating sales numbers.
If the console world knew what they were missing and what they should expect from a title.. a boy can dream

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice Double XP Weekend
3. Re: Section 8: Prejudice Double XP Weekend Aug 14, 2011, 12:44 ColoradoHoudini

I said in the beta for S8.. and the beta for S8P that the game needed a lot of changes if they wanted it to be competitive.
Instead, the devs listened to the same 5 idiots that knew nothing of FPS's and delivered 2 flat out failures on the PC.
They had all the right elements, but failed to put things together correctly.

I told them after the first S8 "did you learn your lesson".. and i was told to shut up and color.
After S8P I said "guess not"

Oh well, that'll teach you to not listen to your smart customers. GFWL.. yes! (sigh).. auto lock on aimbot?? yes please! (sigh)
and then completely turning the game into a console'ish game for ADD kids.. swing and a miss.

S8 is garbage.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
294. Re: removed Aug 1, 2011, 22:55 ColoradoHoudini

Wow.. real money for items.. methinks this is not a good thing. Steering very clear of the official, online version of this title.  

News Comments > Brink Patched
14. Re: Brink Patched Jul 21, 2011, 09:28 ColoradoHoudini

I highly doubt anyone is still reading this but just in case.

Quake Wars failed in the eyes of a lot of folks because the games features didn't match the game speed. On one hand they tried to have a slightly tactical/smarter shooter with all the deployables and base defenses.. classes and objectives. What then happened is that the game unleashed full speed quake'ish characters that zipped right past any turret on the screen. Deployables died instantly (and they also stuck out of the map like a sore thumb).. the game really felt like a giant Quake DM game and nothing like the features suggested it might be.

News Comments > Brink Patched
6. Re: Brink Patched Jul 19, 2011, 00:26 ColoradoHoudini

I trusted my good friends here at Blues and waited for you boys to try it out.. and you all came back and said it was poop..glad I listened.

News Comments > Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend
45. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 11, 2011, 23:34 ColoradoHoudini

I'm reading the official forums, and posting there, and let me tell you.. I am not seeing a lot of good vibe feelings from people.

There are some terribly misguided dummies there (and I wouldn't rule out that they were Hi Rez employees trying to hype the game) and rather dim FPS gamers posting on their forums.

The more I read, the less interested in this title I become. Regenerating health, self-repairing bases.. are you fucking kidding me.. sigh.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 11, 2011, 22:09 ColoradoHoudini

as long as absolutely ZERO influence on the PS3 version of Planetside 2 exists.. I'm fine with this.
As soon as i hear "we made some changes to_____ to better suit the PS3 crowd" .. I'm killing every console gamer on this planet.

26. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 11, 2011, 00:50 ColoradoHoudini

I would say "hey, at least we got something".. but in this case - so far it seems we're going to get a shitty version of a once mighty title. That will only further allow these devs to continue ruining the IP.. and we'll never get a good Tribes game again. We'll get something.. but honestly, I'd rather get nothing until I get the right product. Free or not, if this comes out and it's a garbage game, we'll never get the proper Tribes sequel so damn many of us want.

Maybe we'll see a new Unreal XMP?

17. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 10, 2011, 21:45 ColoradoHoudini

Upon further review:
"However we will allow players a path to earn loadouts and items more quickly by spending their money rather than their time."

Go fuck your uncles Hi Rez. I honestly wish I knew the idiots in charge of making this decision, I (and I assume many others) want to punch these fuckers in the snout.

No dedicated servers? No mods, no editing.. and.. they are placing some emphasis on melee. Melee? You fucks... this isn't Global Agenda meets Tribes.. god dammit... GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

PAGING SCOTT YOUNGBLOOD... look what this nitwits are doing to your baby!!!!

I have zero hope for this game.. none.

9. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 10, 2011, 18:36 ColoradoHoudini

Like most of you, I am VERY concerned with the limited class/wep/armor loadouts..
they should just keep the original gameplan there.. don't mess with what was perhaps the most perfect FPS ever.

Add a few new levels, overhaul the graphics, maybe add a few new and useful/fitting weapons and perhaps steal some of the better mod ideas from the original T1/T2 and have them as server-side configs. Simple.. presto.. there ya go!

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Patched
7. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 10, 2011, 01:25 ColoradoHoudini

In my experience.. I had probably 1 out of every 4 items drop that my main guy couldnt use. With that being said.. I still have no idea what the requirements are for items I found. Like a big mace.. um, it'd be nice for the game to tell me "you cant use this.. but ____ can" I got nothing..

again, unless i missed something there

News Comments > Section 8 Map Pack and Free MP Mode Plans
2. Re: Section 8 Map Pack and Free MP Mode Plans Jul 9, 2011, 19:01 ColoradoHoudini

On paper, this game had everything we needed for a tribes-type game. (it never needed an auto target feature though, imho)

The bases were useless, too many events going on at once on a map- which scattered the combat areas out too much..GFWL blows a hobo's aids penis..

The drop in idea was great.. until you realized that it made the map very tiny and way too easy to move around in.. no forced "oh shit" areas to make your way through. Deployables were pretty useless still.. and died rather quickly. The maps turned into tank battles and between the amount of vehicles and dropping in.. you were able to get around the entire map way too quickly-also, the overdrive.

Had they had a vehicle-limited, 2 large base, CTF-style game mode.. I bet that would've been popular. No drop in.. base spawn or deployable spawn points only.
They f'in copied from Tribes/XMP/UT/ etc.. why not go all the way with the ideas that worked?

I am so pissed at these devs because they had all the tools to make a great game, and then failed.. TWICE. They needed to stop listening to the same handful of fucking FPS-nitwits they had on their forums.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Patched
5. Re: Dungeon Siege III Patched Jul 9, 2011, 18:38 ColoradoHoudini

Why couldn't they have just made a bigger world, add a few more playable characters, and have proper multiplayer support? I know that's all I needed to buy this game.. instead they had fucking abysmal controls (btw, is it just me or does everyone have to hit E when they walk over an item (not money) that they want to pick up? I want to pick up EVERYTHING.. all the time.. did i overlook that config setup?

Also.. is it just me or does the game not tell you if an item is useable by your current character? I picked the .. err.. non sword dude? and i would grab staves and maces and all i could with them was transmute them.. never equip.. ever. But i was never told i couldn't equip the items.. they just werent options in my Equip screen.

Someone tell me i fucked all that up..and not the devs

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jul 9, 2011, 18:31 ColoradoHoudini

I really wanted to love DS3.. but sweet jesus the controls sucked. First off, i couldn't zoom out nearly far enough, second, the stance changes were not needed at all (imho) and came off bulky. and just overall the controls felt wrong.. i can't explain it.
I kept going back to try it.. nothing.
Instead, I'm probably going to reinstall Torchlight.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Announced
27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Veiled Jul 8, 2011, 23:19 ColoradoHoudini

I only played for about the first 5 months of release.. but I do recall way too much capture/leave/recapture/leave/recapture scenarios.. like nobody ever cared to defend.
I hope there are some great incentives to holding points as well as attacking them.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
50. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 23:09 ColoradoHoudini

Some time next week I am going to look to you fellas for help on building a new rig.. specifically the CPU..and my new rig will be built with BF3 in mind.
I look forward to your help and total lack of both bickering and fanboy comments. (a man can dream, can't he?)

1342 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo