Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1361 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up
9. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 21:05 ColoradoHoudini

This is a good a place to ask as any..so..

Does anyone have a list or a link to a side by side comparison on what BF3 and MF3 bring to the table? I mean in terms of stuff like, total players, private servers, # of maps, private servers or not, etc..

With all the hype in the last few months I got a bit overwhelmed and can't recall it all. I remember starting out all "yay BF3!" then the excitement broke away little by little and MF3 was like "now we have X feature you really want!"

Any help appreciated!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Texas agency censors scientific report to remove references to reality Oct 19, 2011, 19:56 ColoradoHoudini

Howard Stern? HOWARD STERN?

Any self-respecting comedy fan and fan of great radio listens to OPIE AND ANTHONY!!

News Comments > DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"
65. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta Oct 17, 2011, 22:07 ColoradoHoudini

Anyone else read someones overly positive post, not recognize their name and then see that they have less than 20 posts and immediately discredit them?
I see about 5 in this thread.. and I can't help but believe they are plants.

Also...
Any smart FPS veteran (such as you'll find here) will tell you that we've all been burned more than once after buying a game on release day and finding the same bugs that existed in beta that we were promised were fixed before the game went gold.

So having reservations about the launch product is not without merit.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Infographic
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Infographic Oct 17, 2011, 21:36 ColoradoHoudini

"And thanks again for playing and helping make Battlefield 3 a better game at launch!"

I read that and all I can think of is that from the beta to the release product, nothing suggested or identified in the beta will be addressed in the gold copy.. but will come in a patch some time after launch.

I have almost zero faith in devs when I see a beta with so many bugs and then hear them say they'll fix em before launch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2011, 19:55 ColoradoHoudini

"World of Warcraft Server-Blade Auction to Benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital."

Seems like a very useless and pointless item to own. Even when I was a hardcore WoW raider, I'd have no desire to own an empty, old server blade.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 13, 2011, 19:33 ColoradoHoudini

I am still waiting for AMD to come out and say "haha, fooled you, our new chips are actually faster and cost less than Intel's"

I mean, really.. you came to the game about a year late, with less performance and more cost.. that was your brilliant scheme?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
17. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 12, 2011, 21:39 ColoradoHoudini

I hope the folks over at Intel had a pizza and beer day to celebrate just how awful their competition is. I was waiting to build a new rig, hoping that this bulldozer would be better than the 2600k by a fair bit, and cheaper to boot.. because, i thought it should be..coming out this long after the 2500/2600's.. boy did i mislead myself.

Well, new rig is gonna be a 2500k for sure now.

AMD seems like they'll be 1.5 cycles behind Intel as soon as Ivy hits.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Specs
8. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Specs Oct 12, 2011, 21:31 ColoradoHoudini

I could've sworn this game was F2P.. what are you preordering? a certain loadout?  

News Comments > RIFT Add-on Launches, Free Weekend Begins Tomorrow
13. Re: RIFT Add-on Launches, Free Weekend Begins Tomorrow Oct 12, 2011, 21:29 ColoradoHoudini

I was a hardcore WoW raider (from Molten Core til we killed the LK in 25 hard mode).. I was hard farking core for WoW. I went over to Rift and absolutely loved it from the get go. The classes are much better, as much or more to do than WoW, finely tuned.. just damn good fun.
The only reason I stopped playing was because the guild I ran with got overthrown during a guild merger and that left a bad taste in my mouth.

i suppose I could go back, transfer servers and play again.. the game is damn fun and well done

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Next Month
10. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 9, 2011, 01:52 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I am interested in this game, and not in any way interested in any of the console'ish/dumbing down that the game has undertaken.
Having said that, the devs are at least listening. We mentioned how Tribes shouldn't have regenning health (this is a fucking nitwit console game for that idiot crowd).. and non-regenning base health (gens/turrets/stations) so the devs said they'd likely put in a server side switch so you could play on a more accurate/skilled server where they don't do nearly as much hand-holding.

the whole unlock bullshit.. well, we shall see. I don't mind spending 40 bucks in unlocks off the bat for a game that i feel is good. So I'll give it a good free try, and if it looks promising, then I'll throw a couple bucks at it for stuff I think I want/need.

News Comments > Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG
25. Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter Delayed, Now a F2P MMOG Oct 6, 2011, 22:12 ColoradoHoudini

Cryptic = garbage.. or whatever is worse than garbage. Maybe the run off juice that falls from the back of a garbage truck.. that's my impression of that shallow game factory they call Cryptic.

News Comments > Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011
10. Re: Foo Fighters at BlizzCon 2011 Sep 28, 2011, 19:48 ColoradoHoudini

Is this where we find out about the new IP Blizzard is working on?
Or just more WoW milkage, some Starctaft nonsense and some Diablo 3 money making scheme news releases...ya know, stuff we can get from any website.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta "Still a Ways Off"
4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Sep 20, 2011, 01:02 ColoradoHoudini

I've been following Firefall and I am now in the beta (starts tomorrow FYI) and the one HUGE GLARINGLY TERRIBLE move Red 5 did was make the game expansive and highly-populated, and then say "yeah, but the PvP is instanced team vs team nonsense..perhaps max at 12 vs 12 or similar" --as far as we know now.. if my number is off, it isn't by a whole lot..game size withstanding.

So here you have a big world to play in.. an NPC force.. a scarce material people need, and some PvP in a cage. Umm, way to take out the immersion in a game. We aren't fighting for the resource, we're fighting for individual rewards.. against each other.. but then against the NPC's too?

Hopefully they open the game up to larger-scale battles and move away from this crybaby PvE nonsense and the godawful moronic asshole console fucktards the forums are attracting.
"we should have a bunch of melee moves!!"
in an FPS? you idiot, I hope you get kneecap cancer for xmas.

"we shouldn't have to play against people in an MP FPS"
Umm, go screw your horse, it's a MP FPS, it's PvP first and foremost.. hell, I feel silly just saying PvP in an FPS game, it's assumed because that's the proven working model for at least 15 years!

PvE in a larger scaled MP FPS seems like a terrible idea for longevity. There's only so much you can do as far as challenges in FPS's vs NPC's anyhow.

oops---
So in closing.. PS2 will cater to a different demographic.. a more hardcore, a more true FPS player. FF will keep a small share.. but it won't come close to cutting into PS2's numbers.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots
5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots Sep 14, 2011, 22:33 ColoradoHoudini

hip hip hooray!

Really looking forward to this. Hundreds, if not thousands of players fighting it out over territories in giant PvP battles.. gonna be awesome.
Never in any other MMO that I've played (from any genre) have I ever experienced the "wow.. this is truly an epic moment" like I did in PS1.

News Comments > Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years [Updated]
4. Re: Six Blizzard Releases Expected Over Three Years Sep 9, 2011, 00:37 ColoradoHoudini

A cyberpunk MMO from the company that has more money than it knows what to do with.

No Cyberpunk game out there in the MMO world..
failing that, a huge MMOFPS

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support
12. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Has LAN Support Sep 7, 2011, 22:40 ColoradoHoudini

I am totally torn here..
On one hand BF3 seems to be everything they can to make me not buy it..while the franchise and CEO we love to hate is trying to get back into our good graces.

Maybe ignore both, go for Tribes/Firefall/whatever else?

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month
14. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 19:22 ColoradoHoudini

I couldn't get beyond the controls for the longest time, then when I finally managed to put up with them, I was mad with the inventory system.
IIRC- I could pick up an item and never know if it was useful for the guy I wanted to have use it. I personally needed (I'm a dummy, I admit) some sort of indicator as to which character can use which type of item.. something I never saw in that game.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year
2. Re: Star Trek Online Going Free-to-Play This Year Sep 1, 2011, 19:19 ColoradoHoudini

"So when Perfect World acquired Cryptic, one of the contribution from Perfect World to Cryptic is we can share our free-to-play experience with Cryptic. So I want to emphasize is that never we’ve done a free-to-play model game"

Was that translated twice over?
did they just say that they can contribute their expertise in F2P games, but they've never done a F2P game?

did i read that right?

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier
35. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 28, 2011, 11:44 ColoradoHoudini

I too will be buying.
Had a lot of good fun with the first one, lots of hours of enjoyment there.
I never did mess with the mods, I hope there will be good support for mods in #2.

News Comments > Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Announced
33. Re: Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Announced Aug 27, 2011, 11:22 ColoradoHoudini

Mcboinkens wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 23:43:
http://i.imgur.com/wTTck.png

Sums it up quite nicely.
HAHA awesome!
-------------------------

Also, a $2800.00 laptop doesn't help anything in the PC world. It just gives the console crowd a chance to say "see, look at how expensive PC gaming is"..fence sitters get to see a ridiculously high cost as well, maybe turning them off to PC gaming.

1361 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo