Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1399 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free
11. Re: All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free May 9, 2015, 19:20 ColoradoHoudini

I just reinstalled BF4 the other day.. no DLC for me, just the regular generic game. I look at what was added and think - the community could've made every bit of what you charged for, and made it for 100% free.. no thanks.

So I just play on the regular maps with the regular stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 30, 2015, 21:56 ColoradoHoudini

I have a ps4.. got it release day.

I havent played it at all in the last.. dang, since the World Cup was on

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs
9. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs Apr 30, 2015, 21:55 ColoradoHoudini

Somewhat related:

I'd LOVE a new Wolf:ET game of some sort.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
31. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 22:30 ColoradoHoudini

I flat out SUCK with a controller..so maybe the PC will work better for me - again, assuming a good port.

29. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 21:42 ColoradoHoudini

CJ - no disrespect.. but I've been hardcore PC gaming since Netquake and the cracked Quake 1 floppy discs. I am without a doubt, a PC gamer.

I am just curious of the controller vs the kb/mouse .. and the possibility of mods or some such on the PC. Those sorts of variables and whatever else..

26. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 20:31 ColoradoHoudini

At the risk of being made fun of..
Do I get this game on that hunk of shit dust collecting box I call my PS4, or is this better for some reason on my PC?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released
13. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released Apr 26, 2015, 19:14 ColoradoHoudini

and here I am playing Toxikk (and VERY impressed with how well it works, feels and plays.. very!)

I'll be skipping any CoD / BF game from here on out.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Trailer
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 19:56 ColoradoHoudini

That reminds me that I used to really enjoy R6: Rogue Spear.
Just me, and objective and trying to figure it out. I don't like trying to coord a whole team of people/AI.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 22, 2015, 20:47 ColoradoHoudini

I went off to find any sort of gameplay.. and instead found this:

"...even if it doesn't show what the actual game will look or play like."
Yeah ahh.. i need to see actual gameplay, ya lunatics!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 20:07 ColoradoHoudini

I should buy this.. huh?  

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month
17. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Reveal This Month Apr 9, 2015, 20:43 ColoradoHoudini

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 17:53:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 17:40:
It's pretty fucking apparently that you should release a quake style game that's modable to get people playing/buying and playing again.
They don't care. Their bread and butter is in the console sales not in PC.

Toxikk?

Soon as i have some funds, i'm picking it up. It's more of a "try to send a message by supporting the old ways of FPS" than anything else.. though i hear it is fun too

News Comments > Skyforge Open Beta This Summer
3. Re: Skyforge Open Beta This Summer Apr 2, 2015, 20:20 ColoradoHoudini

the Gunner class (different video) looks fun as hell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMmSUr89-Zo

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Etherium
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Etherium Mar 25, 2015, 20:48 ColoradoHoudini

Looking forward to some trustworthy gamer reviews on this one. I'd be playing SP.. as i SUCK at MP RTSs  

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
20. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 18:44 ColoradoHoudini

Well, I'm a backer (minimal investment) and I hope this title delivers. Gotta believe in something right?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 10, 2015, 19:47 ColoradoHoudini

One thing I saw recently regarding a phone was it came with 16gigs of RAM. However, I don't know a single person who uses their phone to the extent where 16gigs of RAM is needed.. hell, not even 8?

It seems to me that phones are reaching a tipping point where I don't know what they can add that I need or want next? Heck, I have a 3+ yr old phone and it runs everything I do pefectly.. and I'm a "power user".

I don't know what phone tech is next, but it has to be a "must need" for me.. else, I'm fine for a while.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 19:40 ColoradoHoudini

I played a bit in the beta.. and I know it's different in live, but from my experience and the comments I am seeing from the community..there's not much to do once you get a decently outfitted ship (and they can be gained quickly). Along with that, and I understand "hey man, it is space".. it's VERY empty and I felt alone.

The lack of interaction with others/NPCs has been such a sticking point, that the Star Citizen fans came out to the forums to say "please.. make sure we don't feel like we're alone"

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Server Jan 1, 2015, 14:34 ColoradoHoudini

I just want another AAA title FPS where we operate the servers and we make the rules. I don't need 100 levels of permanent unlocks and perks nor any other ways for them to suck money out of me (DLC map packs).

Wolf:ET was awesome for this.. unlocks were based on total progress throughout a campaign. Each campaign had about 5-6 maps or so. After the campaign ended, the stats reset for everyone. We made maps, we made mods and we ran the servers.

I know that the new Blizzard game wont allow that.. maybe something else will come down the pipe which will

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2014, 16:42 ColoradoHoudini

Be safe everyone!

Keep an eye out on the news tonight, expect a lot of protesters out in NY to cause some news-worthy issues. Hopefully nothing bad happens!

News Comments > WildStar Update Plans
5. Re: WildStar Update Plans Dec 17, 2014, 20:42 ColoradoHoudini

I was one of the ones that said "Hardcore.. f yeah, screw you casuals"..
but I said that too early. I said that when I had time to play and before acquiring this girlfriend (I think I am pronouncing that word correctly).. then my hardcore WS time went away. I never hit max level and I never had the desire to hit max level because I knew if I wasn't raiding, I wouldn't have fun and there wasn't anything to do outside of raiding at level cap. Hardcore raiding would take too much time.

So now I'm back playing WoW and here's the kicker- everything is accessible. A lesson WS is going to have to learn VERY quickly in order to survive.

Even the WS subreddit is an empty space compared to what it once was. Before i cancelled my sub (and before WoD came out), I logged in and looked around a bit ..very empty indeed.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Free Weekend
4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Free Weekend Dec 11, 2014, 19:55 ColoradoHoudini

Is this the one that came out most recently?
If so.. YES!
I hope the players got smart, didnt buy it.. and hit them right in the pocketbook (I like using old terms).

Here's to hoping that... wait, i bet the dummies still bought it hand over fist on the consoles, huh?

1399 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo