Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1327 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week Jan 15, 2014, 22:00 ColoradoHoudini

Angrius Maximis wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 15:16:
What a boring game with ZERO end game content but jumping puzzles and shitty lame dungeons. No thanks

Normally I would disagree, shake my head.. mutter "troll" under my breath and move on without posting..but.. you're right.

when I hit 80, I had the best gear in the game within 15 minutes (save for the orange weapon.. but i believe those stats were negligible). Then When I had the best gear I thought "where the hell do I even go to use it.. there's no content left?"

Then I left the game.. I came back 6+ months later, and STILL had the best gear in the game.. or damn near it. There were no new challenges, new content to beat.. but instead, silly puzzles, fashion show clothing, and people sitting in LA saying "I'm bored".

If GW2 had an end game, or bigger content.. good lord that game would be amazing. Then again, it would probably also need a real trinity set.. and yes, I realize that the game isn't about anything I posted..but because of that, I think that's why all the people I knew that played it, left and never returned. Even people that didnt raid/do end game content had no reason to go off and farm, find new recipes, craft cool stuff.. because nobody needed it/wanted it.

How are the numbers these days for GW2?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught: Play as Mike Myers
4. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught: Play as Mike Myers Jan 13, 2014, 22:56 ColoradoHoudini

Can someone tell me if this game is worth getting?

I am currently playing BF4.. and really.. I dislike the bugs/randomness/glitches/odd deaths.. etc..
Not to mention how many freaking vehicles the game has all the damn time. I have to run around as an engineer in order to have a fighting chance at survival!

on the PC, of course.

edit- never mind.. according to reddit and other opinions.. the PC version of this is garbage.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2014, 23:14.

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
28. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 9, 2014, 00:35 ColoradoHoudini

A lot of us here are old school PC FPS gamers..and do you guys remember how those public servers went when a handful of clanned players jumped in on the same team? It was usually lopsided in their favor.

Now imagine you're playing by your lonesome, jump on a server, and the other team is full of 6 clanned guys, heck, even 4.. with Vent/TS and it's you and 5 random dudes. I see some lopsided public games here.. I see a lot of clanned people playing together and ruining public server fun.

that was the first thought that came to mind.. the second thought was "I dont care if they say the game is balanced/built for 6v6.. I am blaming the 360 for such low player count."

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2014, 00:43.

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
13. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Jan 7, 2014, 21:48 ColoradoHoudini

I was fully ready to read a lot of comments here saying "it's terrible".. because that's all I keep seeing from people, to include former guildmates from WoW that gave the betas for this game a good playing. I thought I had heard it on good authority that this game was going to crash and burn for a lot of reasons.. but a few of you here seem to like it?

So can you tell me what you like about it? I'm interested in your opinions. Thanks!

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
16. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 5, 2014, 01:43 ColoradoHoudini

I think I might go back and play some more PS2.. considering I am none too pleased with BF4.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 4, 2014, 11:51 ColoradoHoudini

Was with AT&T.. and only switched to Verizon because AT&T had no signal for me at work. T Mobile/Sprint are the same way too
If I got a signal at work with T Mobile, I'd switch to them and never look back.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
59. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 4, 2014, 01:16 ColoradoHoudini

As someone in the Information Security field (Information Assurance, more accurately).. these attacks make people like me slightly more wanted.. which is good for me! ..bad for the data owners/users.  

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
29. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 23:38 ColoradoHoudini

I keep waiting for a new UT.. but without the over the top supervehicles etc.. nonsense.
or a new pure Quake-type game..
or a new SoF (yeah, I said it.. something like BF.. but without all the extra shiny screen shaking over the top nonsense)..
or a new Unreal XMP

I also want community-made maps, mods, etc.. and charge me $60 for the game, I don't care.. but give the game BACK to use gamers. The ones that made you who you are today.. the ones buying games from your studios for ourselves still, and maybe for our kids.

Give the gaming back to us.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
34. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2013, 22:18 ColoradoHoudini

I have a PS4.. and before any of you throw rocks at me, I was PC gaming on NetQuake back in 1995'ish.. so back off

I hate the controller and detest the absolutely narrow FOV..55inch tv and it feels like i'm playing Killzone and Ghosts on a 17inch CRT. I am not sure what my FOV is on my PC with BF4 (when it doesnt crash..boo).. but it feels a LOT bigger.

Anyhow, whenever the PS4 gets fulltime kb/mouse support.. great.. I'll buy more FPSs. If the Xbox One fully supports kb/mouse.. I'll switch to that for my console FPS gaming.

Why do I hate consoles or console gamers?
Because long ago, FPS's were slightly smarter, didn't have random shiny explosions or over the top non-suseful special effects to woo the console kid idiot crowd. Those "features" and dumbing down of games bled into the PC world.. sometimes we got horrific ports of mediocre games.
If the console crowd didnt buy everything shiny and line the pockets of shitty devs/shitty games.. I think we'd have a lot less quality control issues now, and better-made FPSs in general.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 9, 2013, 23:18 ColoradoHoudini

Played 2 maps..1 conquest, 1 rush.. as soon as I got on Dawnbreaker, 1 minute in, crash with the audio loop.
I can play 3 maps without crashing. I cannot believe this game was released in this state.

Is Ghosts any better? I don't need a game with vehicles in it..

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 9, 2013, 22:01 ColoradoHoudini

I am one of the unluycky few that keeps getting whatever crash it is that puts me in the audio loop.
I've got it since day 1.. and I still get it.
There are a few maps I can play without crashing.. few gametypes.. but it still happens.

I also think that they are trying to do too much with the game in MP. Too many sounds, realistic (lol) nonsense.. screen shake, bullet sounds, shaky screen.. etc.. it's too much and ruins my experience with the GAME --keyword there. It also seems that on the maps with all these wild extra terrain/sound effects, is where I crash the most. I wish they'd dial back the "realism" approach.

All this does is remind me to ask- when is the next Unreal'ish game coming out? Something future-based, a good shooter.. not too over the top with extra features.. etc..

News Comments > Titanfall Trailers
1. Re: Titanfall Trailers Dec 8, 2013, 14:51 ColoradoHoudini

Looks kinda fun.. I hope that the Titans aren't too quick though.. there was a moment in there with the Strider where it looked like an old mech game where the mechs moved entirely too fast.. made me cringe a bit.

Either way, I'm just glad this will be on the PC too.. stupid freaking PS4 and Killzone/Ghosts just collecting dust in my house because of the godawful gamepad controls.. hurry up and release a kb/mouse for the PS4!

...or if the xBox one gets kb/mouse support.. I'll buy one of those. I just set up my buddies kids Xbox one (patching/game installs for xmas).. and that interface is way slick. So i could be coerced into an xbox one as well..(not sure who I am talking to at this point)

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 25, 2013, 12:22 ColoradoHoudini

I'll keep my eye on those guys and that product.. because I'd buy that stuff in a second!
thanks fellas

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 25, 2013, 11:40 ColoradoHoudini

I am actually VERY interested in a kb/mouse setup for my PS4.. if anyone has any information on how that guy pulled that off, I will love you forever.
Right now I have Ghosts and Killzone, and neither game is remotely fun to play with a gamepad..so they sit there collecting dust. -I don't know what i was expecting.
-------------------
I was saddened by the Killer Instinct review. It's not the full game (all the characters plus new ones).. umm.. wtf? I LOVED that game in the arcade..and it was the one reason I might get an Xbox One.. oh well.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 25, 2013, 21:15 ColoradoHoudini

Simon- I agree.

It seems like a lot of FPS's have had the strategy taken out in favor of getting people into combat ASAP, die, respawn, rush, don't think.. go in guns blazing.. rinse, repeat.
Then give so many side items, it's a carnival of shiny objects for every ADD-having nitwit kid.

Remember where CoD made it's bones.. where would the Xbox be if not for Bungie jumping ship? Remember how on the PC, BF set the standard..that CoD etc.. copied.. and then put onto a console. Remember how Quake and UT paved the way for games like Halo and Killzone..and remember those hallmark games all started on the PC.
(I guess what i'm saying there is I wish devs gave us back creative control of our FPSs..which is unrelated but in my head, I was on a roll)

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
33. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 24, 2013, 00:39 ColoradoHoudini

Fantaz wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:08:
I think the main topic is more that it's only 720p on Xbox One while 1080p on PS4, since this is mainly a console shooter. I think maybe the devs can't handle XBOne's ESRAM?

Wow.. so I really made the right choice buying the PS4. It just seems to be the better machine all around.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 17, 2013, 19:19 ColoradoHoudini

The Lost Planet 3 is the most entertaining review i have ever seen/heard. For real, go check that out.. the review is on point (as far as I have read) and hilarious.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Begins Oct 12, 2013, 11:48 ColoradoHoudini

jamiedj99 wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 09:41:
gearbox can suck my balls after screwing with aliens i just keep pirating borderlands 2 for free instead and get all my loots fffrrrreeee!!!! HAHAHA dumb ass gearbox frakers

I honestly don't know what you mean, can you explain that? did Gearbox do something to Borderlands or another game.. I am not trolling, what are you upset about?

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 00:17 ColoradoHoudini

Does anyone remember the anonymous employee that came out and lambasted this game for too much audio, not enough content.. the game would fail.. etc? Turns out.. he was RIGHT  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 8, 2013, 19:27 ColoradoHoudini

Too little too late. I remember when i first saw the title and thought how awesome this game would be when I can take my ship and fly planet to planet.. and explore.. just go sit somewhere nobody is.. and take in the visuals, maybe dogfight from space, down the the surface.. etc.. open world..
Boy was I disappointed. space combat.. on rails? Just let me fly all over from mission to mission, area to area.. explore, fight, park my ship somewhere and let me come back to see it's surrounded by aliens I need to kill.. call in friends to strafe the area.. etc.

They really missed the mark on this game. Not to mention the personal questline that had you running back and forth and back and forth way too often. Fly back to that place, get out, travel to the main area, run in, get one line of dialogue, run out and back to where I originally was.. 15 minutes ago.. ugh.. screw you.

1327 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo