Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1359 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events
18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events Dec 10, 2011, 14:02 ColoradoHoudini

Ant -- I think it's this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzW810NvGt4

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events
16. My Impression Dec 10, 2011, 13:33 ColoradoHoudini

So I was like a lot of you guys here.. I saw all the videos from the past.. and the game looked like absolute poop. The animations looked stiff, the fighting looked terrible, the game to me had ZERO appeal. None.
Then a few guildmates of mine (from my hardcore WoW days) started talking more about more about the game in our FB group. They kept telling me how the game was being improved, that it's a quality title, that they promised i'd like it.. so after a thorough peer pressuring, I bought the game.. and got in on the beta.
(keep in mind, I was still super skeptical at this point)

I jump in the game and wouldn't you freaking know it, the god damn storyline grabbed me right off the bat. Why is this important, never once in any RPG or MMO have I cared one bit about the storyline of my character or the world. I've been gaming for ages on the PC.. in RPG's/MMO's I just wanted gear.. to see new places/mobs.. level up.. etc. Here I was in SW paying attention to the 3 storylines of the 3 different classes I got to level 11'ish in the beta. I actually enjoyed the storyline and I want to see it play out for the 3 classes I played in the beta.. and I assume I will try the other classes too..just for the story

I played a Bounty Hunter.. Sith Warrior.. and Imperial Agent.

Other things I really liked:
1. The companions are awesome.. flat out awesome. From material gathering for your professions, to helping in combat..i loved everything with them.
2. The PvP I did.. I rather enjoyed. It wasn't sticky.. or clunky.. I didnt lose control of my character a lot.. i felt like I contributed..felt good
3. I felt like I was in a HUGE world
4. The game felt intuitive.. what I thought the controls/UI/gameplay would do.. it did
5. The skills worked very well for me.. I never felt like I was missing something, or needed a different skill at my level in order to tackle the content.
6. The quests worked well with the groups.. and i REALLY liked how if you were in a group with someone, and they were turning in a quest.. you could Holocall? (some virtual call) with the NPC your grouped partner was talking to.
7. They had some tougher low end quests (not related to your storyline) that you needed to group to do. Finding a group for it was simple too. the rewards seemed on par
8. The loot drops I got always seemed to be the right level gear drops.
9. Travel was fine and in no way did I feel like I was wasting time running around.

Okay.. well, I don't know if that helps anyone at all.. but yeah, I went in with disgust on my mind.. I was ready to bash the game, I fully admit that. I was thrown for a loop, and look forward to playing early and often.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Interview
15. Re: Torchlight 2 Interview Dec 6, 2011, 22:17 ColoradoHoudini

I prefer TL2.. and I am a big Blizz fanboy.

I am probably not adding anything to this discussion. I'll show myself out

News Comments > New Epic IP Reveal Saturday
11. Re: New Epic IP Reveal Saturday Dec 6, 2011, 00:26 ColoradoHoudini

Unreal XMP 2 please!

News Comments > BRINK Free Weekend
25. Re: BRINK Free Weekend Dec 2, 2011, 17:17 ColoradoHoudini

Ya know.. i wonder if any SD devs/worker bees read this site and see our comments (I'd imagine some would, right?) and they see our words and deep down, I want to hope they learned a lesson and will next time, come out with a really good PC FPS. --watch them go make a console game now.. lol

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Plans
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Nov 19, 2011, 13:49 ColoradoHoudini

I'd rather not chance it with random dummies and voice chat 9see xbox community chock full of idiot kids).. so I use Ventrilo with some real life buddies..I thought most of us did?
-----------------
I think I may have crashed once in all the hours I've been playing. I really don't have any problems outside of the lighting, good to see that's being addressed.

Very happy I picked up this title.

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
8. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 22:19 ColoradoHoudini

Glad to see them fix this.. it was a bad game design from the word go.  

News Comments > New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month
6. Re: New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month Nov 7, 2011, 22:50 ColoradoHoudini

wtf_man wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:39:
They're making a new "RPG"... without character creation... without dialog choices... without experience points... without skills... without leveling... without magic... without melee... without quests... without story... must be purchased on Origin... AND most importantly... can't use a keyboard and mouse (must use gamepad to mash the "A-Button-Does-Something-Awesome" )

... And it's going to be called... "Mass Age of Defective Dragons 13: Not Another console Sequel... Really!"

Oh... and you get 1 hour of Game for $60... and have to buy 35 different DLC's at $29 a pop, that are about 20 minutes of add-on, before you get a full game.

I think you're being cautiously optimistic.. if not also slightly sarcastic and damn handsome.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2011, 22:01 ColoradoHoudini

It still boggles me that AMD took a look at the current Intel line, and the very soon Ivy line.. and said "screw em, we'll sell a slower CPU for more money!"

That was their game plan?

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Status Report
10. Re: Battlefield 3 Status Report Oct 31, 2011, 23:30 ColoradoHoudini

I do really like it too, and I was ready to not like it. I admit, I was looking for issues to hate on the game.
Well, here I stand corrected, the game is a blast.

I do have one issue though.
the god damn lights/sun!! The flashlights in your face during the middle of the day, the laser sight that is always in my eye, the sun and the godawful amount of lensflares/blinding light, and just the other lighting in general.. they really jacked it up to a 10, and across the board, they need to globally knock it down to a 4.

Or.. does anyone know how to legally fix this, outside of adjusting the overall brightness?

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2011, 23:37.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Oct 30, 2011, 22:33 ColoradoHoudini

The one drawback that Planetside 1 had to me (and it was hardware/technology unrelated) was that it lacked character depth. I needed a bit more to do for my character.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews
80. Re: Battlefield 3 Reviews Oct 24, 2011, 21:44 ColoradoHoudini

Just bought a new machine for this game and a few others..hope this is something worth playing!  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
25. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 21:21 ColoradoHoudini

the last MoH felt terrible compared to the MW/BF series we all had options for. The game was too twitchy/fast for a shooter like it was/features it had.

Where's another BF 2142 or something along those lines? Someone start copying that timeline for FPS's. That's something slightly refreshing at least

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: The Avengers... Oct 22, 2011, 23:02 ColoradoHoudini

So if I use my rooted tablet to connect to my rooted Galaxy S2.. and surf that way.. I'm still good?
All I really do it surf on it anyhow.. 5gigs is more than enough.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 22, 2011, 23:00 ColoradoHoudini

I'd just like it if the nex gen of console games all have native kb/mouse controls and have those components available from day one. Keep resolutions high, allow me to adjust the FOV on my PC.. and make console games (let's be honest, FPS's) identical on both platforms because the gaming experience/mechanics/hardware is all equivalent.

No more oversized and stupid UI's...no more mapping problems...and let the only difference be that the top end PC's (at the time the nex consoles release) can just play the games in a slightly better graphics mode. If devs are working from near-identical hardware then it should be easy, right? Hell, make the 720 run Windows 8/9 (small adjustment for the console DVD's)..so that the developing platform is identical. Boom.. just punched Sony in the mouth!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Catherine tops 500,000 units sold. Oct 20, 2011, 19:26 ColoradoHoudini

Half of console owners parents buy their kids DLC.

/fixed that for myself

News Comments > New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC
11. Re: New Dawn of War II: Retribution DLC Oct 20, 2011, 19:24 ColoradoHoudini

Can one of you smart guys tell me if it's this game i'm thinking of where it was mostly squad based, continual movement -capture, progress- game..or were there bases?

I suck at RTS's.. flat out suck.. so I like to turtle up and take my time..which DoW game is right for me?

totally unrelated- is there ever going to be another Earth 2160 game? that game was money!

News Comments > More BF3 Norway Follow-up
16. Re: More BF3 Norway Follow-up Oct 20, 2011, 19:21 ColoradoHoudini

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 12:20:
The truth accidentally leaked out, and now they have to do damage control or never get another EA game, to review again.

Unfortunately, that's my initial gut reaction. Not that I matter, and not that it really matters to me because I don't pay attention to review sites anyhow, i pay attention to what you guys say when it comes to reviews.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up
9. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Allegations Follow-up Oct 19, 2011, 21:05 ColoradoHoudini

This is a good a place to ask as any..so..

Does anyone have a list or a link to a side by side comparison on what BF3 and MF3 bring to the table? I mean in terms of stuff like, total players, private servers, # of maps, private servers or not, etc..

With all the hype in the last few months I got a bit overwhelmed and can't recall it all. I remember starting out all "yay BF3!" then the excitement broke away little by little and MF3 was like "now we have X feature you really want!"

Any help appreciated!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Texas agency censors scientific report to remove references to reality Oct 19, 2011, 19:56 ColoradoHoudini

Howard Stern? HOWARD STERN?

Any self-respecting comedy fan and fan of great radio listens to OPIE AND ANTHONY!!

1359 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo